PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War vs...Stryker

xSeifer13x
02-20-2011, 11:07 PM
I know this is getting a bit exhausted, but I couldn't let it down without putting in my 2 cent. A lot of people are saying characters from "Gears" wouldn't work in a Mortal Kombat game because....they shoot guns!

If you remember and look back, Stryker had a lot of gun moves and even his victory pose he pulls out a gun.

(Later games changed him to make him more MK friendly it seemed)

YouTube - MORTAL KOMBAT FATALITIES : STRYKER

The game of Gears of War is extremely violent and it prides itself on that. Place the Lancer on their back like a sword. Give the character heavy moves. Something like Goro, but a bit more agile. I can only imagine the fatalities that would come alongside a Gears character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_712803&v=Ik7N2JRxq98&feature=iv

Fatality #1:
'Said' character pulls the Lancer from their back and unloads a clip into the enemy. While the enemy is riddled with holes they cough up blood and are in a staggered state. The 'said' Gears character then runs off revving up the chainsaw on the gun and splits them right down the middle.

Fatality #2:
'Said' character pulls out a frag grenade and swings it towards the enemy, the enemy counters and moves. They enemy turns and looks back at the 'Said' Gears character almost mockingly, then the grenade goes off behind the enemy knocking them to their hands and knees. The 'Gears character then pulls out 'The Hammer of Dawn' and lasers the characters forehead and before the enemy can say SHIT, a giant beam comes from the sky burning them alive.

They may not be the best ideas for fatalities, but then again, I don't get paid to come up with cool finishers, that's Ed Boons job.

http://www.ripten.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/marcus.jpg

IIISETIII
02-21-2011, 03:23 AM
I think there are already too many characters in MK using guns and adding another one would just be pointless. It would be like they were adding the character just so that the 360 fans can say they got an exclusive too. This has been my opinion on it since I first heard of the rumor. Maybe if the Gears character used the shotty it would work but the whole idea of adding a Gears character is just corny. I don't think we need an exclusive character but if they wanted to use one I would vote for either Dante or War from Darksiders. Even though the games these characters are from aren't 360 exclusives, who cares. If the PS3 gets Kratos then they shouldn't care if we get one of these two guys.

Ceejus
02-21-2011, 06:41 AM
I agree mostly with the TC. Marcus Fenix would fit in very well in a Mortal Kombat game fatality-wise. As far as seeing him fight, eh... it just seems a bit out of place. Why does it fit Stryker then, you ask? Stryker actually has a martial arts background, and doesn't wear an ass-ton of protective gear. Seeing Marcus Fenix perform karate-type moves just wouldn't look right. Still, if he was to be thrown into the game, I certainly wouldn't complain, and would even use him just because he'd come packed with some sweet fatalities.

As far as a 360-exclusive character, I do believe we should get one. It's only fair if Sony fans are getting one. It would have to be either a Mortal Kombat character (my pick would be Kintaro or Motaro), or a 360-exclusive character (in which case my top pick would be Joanna Dark from the Perfect Dark series, she would fit into Mortal Kombat perfectly IMO, plus it would make sense seeing as Rare is arguably Microsoft's most important developer). However, there are other alternatives to a character and a stage. They could instead give us an exclusive game mode, such as "classic gameplay mode", or anything else really.

I know it will suck if us 360 players don't get any in-game exclusive at all (which is a very likely possibility), but I suppose if there is any bright side to that happening at all, it's that we got stuff for our Avatars, and probably even premium themes. It's not much, but hey, at least it's something that Playstation goers won't get. *shrug*

KillerChris8814
02-21-2011, 09:01 AM
I know this is getting a bit exhausted, but I couldn't let it down without putting in my 2 cent. A lot of people are saying characters from "Gears" wouldn't work in a Mortal Kombat game because....they shoot guns!

If you remember and look back, Stryker had a lot of gun moves and even his victory pose he pulls out a gun.

(Later games changed him to make him more MK friendly it seemed)

YouTube - MORTAL KOMBAT FATALITIES : STRYKER (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oXDagps38s)

The game of Gears of War is extremely violent and it prides itself on that. Place the Lancer on their back like a sword. Give the character heavy moves. Something like Goro, but a bit more agile. I can only imagine the fatalities that would come alongside a Gears character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_712803&v=Ik7N2JRxq98&feature=iv

Fatality #1:
'Said' character pulls the Lancer from their back and unloads a clip into the enemy. While the enemy is riddled with holes they cough up blood and are in a staggered state. The 'said' Gears character then runs off revving up the chainsaw on the gun and splits them right down the middle.

Fatality #2:
'Said' character pulls out a frag grenade and swings it towards the enemy, the enemy counters and moves. They enemy turns and looks back at the 'Said' Gears character almost mockingly, then the grenade goes off behind the enemy knocking them to their hands and knees. The 'Gears character then pulls out 'The Hammer of Dawn' and lasers the characters forehead and before the enemy can say SHIT, a giant beam comes from the sky burning them alive.

They may not be the best ideas for fatalities, but then again, I don't get paid to come up with cool finishers, that's Ed Boons job.

http://www.ripten.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/marcus.jpg

Could always stick a grenade to the characters back and blow them apart.

xSeifer13x
02-21-2011, 04:03 PM
I think there are already too many characters in MK using guns and adding another one would just be pointless. It would be like they were adding the character just so that the 360 fans can say they got an exclusive too. This has been my opinion on it since I first heard of the rumor. Maybe if the Gears character used the shotty it would work but the whole idea of adding a Gears character is just corny. I don't think we need an exclusive character but if they wanted to use one I would vote for either Dante or War from Darksiders. Even though the games these characters are from aren't 360 exclusives, who cares. If the PS3 gets Kratos then they shouldn't care if we get one of these two guys.

Well for starters I really don't care about exclusives. When the Xbox gets something that Sony doesn't, I don't brag, but then again I really don't care. The fact is when companies do stuff like this, it sorta ticks me off.

The folks buying the game on the PS3 are getting an extra character. We are buying the same game, but getting one less character. In my book, that's shitty. Like I said, I don't care about exclusives. But when you release a game on two rival consoles and hope to get the support of both parties, don't play favorites just because one company hands you cash or offers you some cool perk.

dang racoons
02-25-2011, 07:47 PM
i think if we do get an exclusive it should be a person from gears because the game is already violent. I don't think it should be a character from halo as halo characters are not as bloodthirsty or violent as characters in gears of war.

But anway i want to see skorge or raam as each has a melee weapon that can be used however i think skorge is the better choice because he is more agile.