PDA

View Full Version : delayed again in the UK

metallicorphan
02-21-2011, 11:11 PM
seems the game that was due this Friday(25th),is now set for 18th March(a week after Dragon Age 2)

on Game.co.uk,if you click on TW2,you get an error page now,the usual suspects like Zavvi or The Hut all say 18th March now

colour me pissed right off:mad:

booster17
02-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Isn't this the second time it's slipped as well? I seem to remember it was due around the start of Feb in the first place.

Highly annoying. :mad:

Dawn Zombie
02-22-2011, 10:37 AM
It's worth the wait guys. Bought this over Dead Space 2. Great game! :)

metallicorphan
02-22-2011, 12:11 PM
the game was originally set for Autumn 2010 with the rest of Europe

and a friend has been playing the game,and she was enjoying but then said the last 2 chapters(of 4) are over within a blink of an eye and really ruined the game

Eurogamer have a topic,but i am not sure what to make of it,EG say the game may never come out in the UK while that Seaman guy says the rumours about the game being delayed to 18th March are not true....so i don't know what to think

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-22-two-worlds-ii-uncertain-for-uk-source

i may get Divinity II DKS to fill the void

MasterKingz
02-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Isn't this the second time it's slipped as well? I seem to remember it was due around the start of Feb in the first place.

Highly annoying. :mad:

Its actually the 4th time now.

Nov 2010 - Jan 25th 2011 - Feb 8th 2011 - Feb 25th 2011 - March 18th 2011

I loved Two Worlds but im not even holding my breath to see this BEFORE Mass Effect 3 and Skyrim..

I Sgt Fenix I
02-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Was just about to tell people about this see here:
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/43160/Uncertainty-over-Two-Worlds-II-UK-release

MasterKingz
02-22-2011, 10:52 PM
Was just about to tell people about this see here:
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/43160/Uncertainty-over-Two-Worlds-II-UK-release

Yeah, and since GAME owns Gamestation now, 2 out of 3 major game retaillers are now not selling the game unless there are more i dont know about (the 3rd is CEX)

i want dead space

Im not seeing the relavence but yes it is pretty damn good.

VladimirK
02-23-2011, 05:19 AM
So wtf is happening?
Game had the Royal edition as exclusive but it's now de-listed. Hell, even the normal game is de-listed. (Only thing left is PC download version.)

They haven't even e-mailed me about it and they normally e-mail about even the smallest change.

Spotted this article, although it does say they were printing more: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-02-two-worlds-ii-uk-cargo-wrecked

I've sent a tweet to Game, hopefully I'll get a reply.

chrislocalboy
02-23-2011, 11:08 AM
It'll be out on the 1st of March....... trouble is you can only get it via Amazon.

Well done Topware, you did a great job of distributing this in the UK.

Link to article here.....

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-23-two-worlds-ii-re-dated-amazon-only

MasterKingz
02-23-2011, 11:38 AM
Guess im not getting it then....

H2O
02-23-2011, 01:37 PM
I've e-mailed game today asking what's going on with my order.

If i don't get a reply and/or this is all true my royal edition will be canceled tomorrow and i'll never be buying this game. :(

adz5000
02-23-2011, 04:42 PM
To stop everyone's confusion:

Topware or whatever have decided to sell it solely at amazon.co.uk because the game is so shit that no other retailers are willing to buy them in just to let them rot on the shelves.

Seriously have you guys raving about Two Worlds even played the first game, BIGGEST HEAP OF SHIT EVER !!!!!

Robert-da-pro
02-24-2011, 09:43 AM
Been waiting this game for long time now.. Can not understand what is the problem. Yes this is 4th delay now. This will be now only week after Dragon Age II not the best time.

MasterKingz
02-24-2011, 01:44 PM
To stop everyone's confusion:

Topware or whatever have decided to sell it solely at amazon.co.uk because the game is so shit that no other retailers are willing to buy them in just to let them rot on the shelves.

Seriously have you guys raving about Two Worlds even played the first game, BIGGEST HEAP OF SHIT EVER !!!!!

We all know it was on the homepage yesterday

three15
02-26-2011, 04:06 PM
It's been Delayed again on Amazon, March 4th this time.

I'm pretty pleased most retailers have told TopWare to f@#k off after all this messing around. The story i've heard is after the container mishap topware cancelled all orders with all retailers and then tried to up the unit cost and most places such as GAME and Gamestation declined to pay the extra and decided not to stock it.

Yaymez
02-26-2011, 07:13 PM
Topware stated that in order to get the game out to the 'RPG hungry masses' they are releasing it solely through Amazon.

This.makes.no.sense.

Logic dictates that if you want to get it out to masses of people, you'd put it up on all online retail and high street retail stores.

I think the reality here is that no retail stores were willing to invest enough money into the product. I used to work as buyer for an HMV store, part of my job was basically to look at market trends on a weekly basis and order stock within a store allocated budget.

I'll be honest with you, the first one was about as well made as a pasta landscape crafted by someone using a head wand. Regardless of whether the second one is awesome or not, I simply wouldn't risk sinking any budget into the product.

This whole 'Amazon exclusive' thing smells very distinctly of PR spin to make it look like it was a concious choice. When the reality is, Topware found very little interest in it and so pulled it in the way that it did. Amazon probably gave them a good deal, exclusivity like this is less about the product and more about the exposure the store gets for having it.