PDA

View Full Version : Disk game read error

Moloxias
02-22-2011, 04:22 AM
Hi all fellow Fable 3 players,
I'd like to share the problem I have come across with while (trying) to play fable 3.
A few days went by while I explored Albion. One day, after I got a cup of coffee and turned on my xbox, inserted the disk, it could not read it... (game read error)
Sometimes it happens, so i took it out, checked the disk (wich was fine and scratch free, cleaned it... same error... to put it in a fast schematic :
Error --) cleaned disk properly --)
Error --) tried other disk, wich worked fine --) tried the fable disk again --)
Error --) played another game for 12 hours straight with no problems --)
I turned the game in and got myself a new copy, after a good 16 hours ingame (over a 2 day period) I got a game read error again...

At this point I only know it has to do with the game-disk in question, and I'm open to suggestions to what I should do with this copy

aSMiLoN
02-22-2011, 09:55 AM
I am afraid it's not the game that has a problem but the disk drive of your console...

If it is under warranty I would suggest sending it and they will replace the faulty drive with no charge :-)

Toams07
02-22-2011, 12:07 PM
I am afraid it's not the game that has a problem but the disk drive of your console...

If it is under warranty I would suggest sending it and they will replace the faulty drive with no charge :-)

:whs
If it's working the one time and not the other time its not the disk ..

Ragnarok1986
02-22-2011, 02:30 PM

But he said other games work fine just the fable one. So it may not be the xbox it self.
What I would try is install it to your harddrive if it will let you ;) May solve the issue.

Toams07
02-22-2011, 02:46 PM
But he said other games work fine just the fable one. So it may not be what I would try is install it to your harddrive if it will let you ;) May solve the issue.

Lol'd .. read over that :D
Anyway, do what Ragnarok suggests and otherwise contact Microsoft about it.

Ragnarok1986
02-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Lol'd .. read over that :D
Anyway, do what Ragnarok suggests and otherwise contact Microsoft about it.

Bloody Iphone ;)

Moloxias
02-22-2011, 09:21 PM
well since all the other games work it has to be the cd ... since 2 fable 3 cds have had the same problem it must be the manufacturing of that cd imo :p so il try installing it on the harddisk now :)

Ragnarok1986
02-22-2011, 09:23 PM
well since all the other games work it has to be the cd ... since 2 fable 3 cds have had the same problem it must be the manufacturing of that cd imo :p so il try installing it on the harddisk now :)

Let me know if it works :)