PDA

View Full Version : Full List of Dragon Age II Bonus Content

FSparacino4
02-22-2011, 09:12 AM
Is it just me or is there an extraordinarily large amount of pre-release unlockables for Dragon Age II? I can't think of any game that has had this many free items. Regardless, I thought I would help everyone out and list all of them in one convenient post instead of having them scattered about the forums. Unfortunately, any promotions marked [INACTIVE] can no longer be obtained for the game's release. If I missed anything, feel free to let me know.

"The Black Emporium"
Give to anyone who purchases a new copy of the game

(a) Mirror of Transformation - Ability to change character's appearance
(b) Exclusive magic and crafting stores
(c) Mabari Hound to summon in battle

Best Buy & Play.com Pre-Order
Anyone who has pre-ordered from Best Buy (North America) or Play.com (Europe) will recieve the Amulet of Ashes (ring).

(a) The Amulet Of Ashes is a ruined piece of charred wood hangs from its setting of half-melted gold. Holding it over an open flame, however, reveals its powers - in the flickering flames, the gold recedes into some former shape while the wood turns brown and reveals its grain. It has heavy fire resistance, adds to fire damage & adds to health regeneration.

EA Store Pre-Order
Anyone who has pre-ordered from the EA Store will recieve the Irons (belt).

(a) The Irons is a belt fashioned from the black steel of Kirkwall's infamous iron foundries. Miner's safety harnesses such as these have protected their hearty wearers since the day when the Tevinter Imperium last claimed the City of Chains. It adds to all elemental resistances & increases health and constitution.

Pre-Order Before Launch
Anyone who pre-orders the game before it's launch date of 3/8/11, will gain access to two exclusive items:

(a) The Lion of Oriais - shield granting extra health & an increase to XP gained
(b) Fadeshear - Sword that improves as the character gains levels, granting increased damage to demons & undead

[INACTIVE] Signature Edition
Anyone who pre-ordered the game before 1/11/11, was given a free upgrade to the signature edition of the game. The signature edition can no longer be pre-ordered.

(a) 'The Exiled Prince' DLC - Bonus playable character, Prince Sebastine & his side missions. This DLC will also be available on release day for those that missed this promotion.
(b) Downloadable Game Soundtrack
(c) Exclusive Weapons for each class:
Apostle's Courage (staff)
Seeker's Bulwark (shield)
Adder of Antiva (bow)
Might of the Sten (sword)
Ring - name/stats unknown

Purchased Dead Space 2 (New)
Anyone who purchased a new copy of Dead Space 2 will find a code sheet inside which unlocks the Ser Isaac of Clarke's Armor Set.

• Isaac's Armor
- Heavy Armor
- Contains a rune slot
- Increases armor
- Requires high dexterity and cunning

• Isaac's Boots
- Increases armor

• Isaac's Gauntlets
- Increases armor

• Isaac's Helm
- Contains a rune slot
- Increases armor
- Critical damage factor
- Requires high dexterity and cunning"

1 Million Demo Downloads
If the demo reaches 1 million downloads over all three systems (Xbox 360, PS3 and PC) players will recieve two items for use in the retail game. The demo is available to download on 2/22/11. NOTE: You must log into your EA account while playing the demo to count towards the 1 million.

(a) Lothering's Lament Tome - Gives an XP boost when read
(b) Far Cliff's of Kirkwall Tome - Gives money when read

Progress towards the one million can be tracked HERE (http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/demo/).

Complete The Demo
Players who complete the demo, regardless of the # of downloads, will recieve an in-game weapon:

(a) Hayden’s Razor - dwarven blade that increases health, mana and combat abilities

Dragon Age: Legends
Players who play the Dragon Age: Legends Facebook Game (due out Feb. 2011) will gain acess to five exclusive items. The manner of unlocking these and their exact properties has yet to be released:

(a) Evra's Might - When Evra gained notoriety by defeating the Blood Sisters of Vehnstel, he was wearing his signature ring. Although the massive size of the solid gold ring attracts attention, it served a more practical purpose for Evra: he used it to punch demons in the face, sometimes felling them in a single blow.

(b) Evra's Trophy Belt - This grisly belt is filled with monstrous teeth, chipped blades, scraps of fur, and armor fragments. Each piece is said to be a trophy collected by Evra during his many adventures.

(c) Air of Confidence -After averting a disaster at the Circle of Markham, Evra was given this ring by the First Enchanter. Though the Air of Confidence is not as eye-catching as his other famous ring, it is said that Evra always wore it, even when sleeping. The exact magical properties of the Air of Confidence are a subject of much speculation amongst.

(d) Ivo Family Crest - Evolving over the years, the crest of the House of Ivo has become much more ornate than Paragon Ivo's original design. This ancient golden amulet bears the original crest. Though the engravings are simple, the stark lines are somehow deeply stirring.

(e) Dura's Blue Flame - This weathered silver amulet has passed through many hands over the years. A deep blue sapphire almost glows in a certain light. Although time has faded it's intricate engravings, the amulet has a certain majesty about it.

Penny Arcade Promotion
By clicking HERE (http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/info/pennyarcade/) and completing the promotion, players will gain access to the Hindsight Belt.

Bioware Promotion
By clicking HERE (http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/info/parthalan/) and completing the promotion, players will gain access to the Staff of Parthalan.

EpicWeapons.com Promotion
By purchasing $15 worth of merchandise from epicweapons.org, you will gain access to the Ring of Whispers.

(a) Ring of Whispers - Increases cunning, attack speed and ensures your enemies drop additional coin on defeat.

MASS DOMINATION
02-22-2011, 10:56 AM
nice. i didn't know about the last 2 promos so i quickly completed them and i think they are ready.
Great list. Its crazy how much extra content there is for this game. Some people may hate it but i'm set to receive all of the bonus content at no extra cost so i'm loving it.

surreal_82
02-22-2011, 11:06 AM
yea providing 1 million people get the demo, i have all bonus items secured lol yea... release an extra backpack please!

BloodGodAlucard
02-22-2011, 11:40 AM
I love that Bioware is setting us up with so many awesome items right off the bat. I should be getting all of this stuff. :)

martdude16
02-22-2011, 03:24 PM
I have the Signature Edition pre-ordered and Dead Space 2 code ready.

Thanks for the information on the two promotions aswell! I should be able to get all the pre-release DLC now! :)

Captain Urahara
02-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Heads-up that you missed an item, although it's really easy to overlook.

It's a ring that was added to the armory for the Signature Edition just a few days before the cut-off date.
It can be seen HERE (http://na.llnet.bioware.cdn.ea.com/u/f/eagames/bioware/dragonage2/assets/content/home/feature_images/popup-last_chance_signature_edition.jpg)

It is the ring in the middle of the armory. No info on it though. No name, no stats, nothing. Only the fact that it is a ring.

bmakar83
02-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Also an exclusive belt called "The Irons" you can get only from pre-ordering from the EA store.

Adds to all elemental resistances, adds to health, adds to constitution. Fashioned from the black steel of Kirkwall’s infamous iron foundries, miner’s safety harnesses such as these have protected their hearty wearers since the days when the Tevinter Imperium last claimed the City of Chains.

Seems to only be for PC and 360.

Edable Giraffe
02-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Question about the demo for people who have played it. Are you supposed to get a message saying that we've unlocked something, or will it just be there when I play the actual game?

Edit: Also Bioware's site seems to be down due to traffic. I tried getting the two promotions and both failed to load.

FSparacino4
02-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Question about the demo for people who have played it. Are you supposed to get a message saying that we've unlocked something, or will it just be there when I play the actual game?

There isn't an unlock message. Go to social.bioware.com and login to see if it is on your list. You may have to wait a bit ti check as it appears down for maintanence atm.

DOOKH8R
02-22-2011, 05:13 PM
I guess I will end up with them all except the facebook ones. I don't have a facebook.

Edable Giraffe
02-22-2011, 06:07 PM
There isn't an unlock message. Go to social.bioware.com and login to see if it is on your list. You may have to wait a bit ti check as it appears down for maintanence atm.
Yeah, it's there. Thanks!

papoose
02-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Theres also the Amulet of Ashes for pre ordering from best buy or play.com

13ip0lar
02-22-2011, 07:39 PM
I guess I will end up with them all except the facebook ones. I don't have a facebook.

Same here...I also can't believe if you preordered before like 1/11 they upgraded your shit for free. I'm so bummed out now lol...sigh, oh well.

SuperWoody64
02-22-2011, 08:00 PM
Any word on Dr. Pepper unlocks? That would be awesome.

iToastMan
02-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Cheers for the list man, had a look through my stuff and pre-order thing and i should get most of it :) already redeemed the sir isaac clarke's armour :D

Jumnious
02-23-2011, 05:57 PM
They did the same with Mass Effect 2; I love Bioware for doing all of this cool shit. I remember my first day I was downloading so much shit for ME2.

'happy kirby face'

KillerChris8814
02-23-2011, 07:24 PM
I have most of it, only missing the EA and Bestbuy pre order and Facebook, because I haven't been on Facebook in months.

Opiate42
02-23-2011, 07:50 PM
Wow this is just....wow.

I figured there was a lot but seeing it all stacked up like this is incredible, awesome footwork on the list by the way.

I just checked my entitlements on my EA/Bioware account and Hindsight, Staff of Parlathan, Ser Isaac's armour, and Hayder's Razor are all already there.

Hindsight's story is hilarious if you haven't read the PA comic do so...
http://www.penny-arcade.com/2010/10/29/hindsight-again/

I pre-ordered my Signature ed. from EB/Gamestop, but that Best Buy exclusive amulet and EA Irons belt sound pretty awesome too. Fingers crossed they release these down the road to people who bought it from other stores like they did for the other bonus gear in ME2.

I can't say this enough. I never say this enough...

Bioware I love you.

I don't generally get into facebook very often but this may force me to do so....it looks fun. 5 new pieces of gear is worth it.

Only a day or so into the demo and it's already nearly at 500,000 downloads. sweet!

Fishman
02-23-2011, 08:11 PM
I read the signature edition has a digital armory. Is this somewhere you can store your stuff or is it something else?

Captain Urahara
02-23-2011, 08:15 PM
Buy $15+ of Dragon Age merchandise from epicweapons.com and receive a code for the "Ring of Whispers", which will "Improve your cunning, attack speed, and ensure your enemies drop additional coin on defeat."

Source: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Ring_of_Whispers

I read the signature edition has a digital armory. Is this somewhere you can store your stuff or is it something else?
The Digital Armory is actually the extra items for each class.
Apostle's Courage (staff)
Seeker's Bulwark (shield)
Adder of Antiva (bow)
Might of the Sten (sword)
Ring - name/stats unknown

Opiate42
02-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Buy $15+ of merchandise from epicweapons.com and receive a code for the "Ring of Whispers", which will "Improve your cunning, attack speed, and ensure your enemies drop additional coin on defeat."

Source: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Ring_of_Whispers

Wow is this legit?

Their full scale plasma cutter replica is pretty awesome, but $250....ouch.

Pyrochaos
02-23-2011, 08:49 PM
Preorder through Amazon.com and you get the Fadeshear sword and the Lion of Orlais sheild.

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/2010/promos/dragonage_preorder.jpg

FSparacino4
02-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Preorder through Amazon.com and you get the Fadeshear sword and the Lion of Orlais sheild.

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/2010/promos/dragonage_preorder.jpg

I included those in the pre-order before launch list.

Captain Urahara
02-23-2011, 10:01 PM
Wow is this legit?

I've never actually bought anything from EpicWeapons. In fact I've never even heard of them until I saw that wiki page.

Their items sure look nice but then again they are supposed to make them look nice. Since I haven't bought anything I can't say how high or low quality they are, and I don't even have $15 to spend to find out sadly. Wouldn't mind grabbing a pendant or two.

Eternaltriumph
02-23-2011, 10:43 PM
As far as Epicweapons.com goes, they're an extremely smooth transaction from my experience. I ordered a Red Queen from them before and it arrived in a timely fashion for the kind of package it was. (Pictures can be provided as evidence)

Spending $15 for a DLC item is your call, but if you were worried about the site? It's very legit, and from my experience was worth the price in its quality.

Please note that if you order a replica sword, the blade WILL NOT be very sharp. The point is still sharp enough to impale if driven hard enough, but the blade itself is more likely to bludgeon before cleaving.

They're not ideal weaponry for a zombie apocolypse, but serve as fantastic secondary weapons.

13ip0lar
02-24-2011, 06:36 PM
As far as Epicweapons.com goes, they're an extremely smooth transaction from my experience. I ordered a Red Queen from them before and it arrived in a timely fashion for the kind of package it was. (Pictures can be provided as evidence)

Spending $15 for a DLC item is your call, but if you were worried about the site? It's very legit, and from my experience was worth the price in its quality.

Please note that if you order a replica sword, the blade WILL NOT be very sharp. The point is still sharp enough to impale if driven hard enough, but the blade itself is more likely to bludgeon before cleaving.

They're not ideal weaponry for a zombie apocolypse, but serve as fantastic secondary weapons.

I lol'd...I like to think of myself as a pretty big nerd, but replica weapons... pass. With that said, the only thing I managed to click on was this, due to its relation to DA II.

http://www.epicweapons.com/shop/product.php?productid=16202&cat=251&page=1

That said, I thought for a second they were selling in game items, or weapons rather, didn't realize they were replicas till I seen the word, but 90$, or even 15$ for junk I don't need for an in-game item. Yeah...

FSparacino4
02-24-2011, 08:17 PM
I lol'd...I like to think of myself as a pretty big nerd, but replica weapons... pass. With that said, the only thing I managed to click on was this, due to its relation to DA II.

http://www.epicweapons.com/shop/product.php?productid=16202&cat=251&page=1

That said, I thought for a second they were selling in game items, or weapons rather, didn't realize they were replicas till I seen the word, but 90$, or even 15$ for junk I don't need for an in-game item. Yeah...

^ Exactly what he said. I am all set with in-game replicas. People think DLC is crazy priced. Buying something I would never use for $15 for one in-game item is outrageous. Now if you are nerdy enough that you would buy something off the site anyways then go for it in the process, but I am all set.

DFB 1708
02-24-2011, 08:44 PM
I bought DA: Ultimate not long ago because I wanted to finish that on 360 first.
So I am just going to wait for DA2: Ultimate ;). There is no doubt that they will release DLC's. And I bet it will be at least 6, so buying them at release when an ultimate edition is very likely to come up would be a rip-off for me. 'Cause I am not rich.

Wow is this legit?

If it really cuts stuff with real plasma it's worth it +).

csyx6
02-24-2011, 09:01 PM
I read somewhere (don't remember where) the facebook promo's were not available for xbox360. Does anyone know if this is true???

13ip0lar
02-24-2011, 09:04 PM
I bought DA: Ultimate not long ago because I wanted to finish that on 360 first.
So I am just going to wait for DA2: Ultimate ;). There is no doubt that they will release DLC's. And I bet it will be at least 6, so buying them at release when an ultimate edition is very likely to come up would be a rip-off for me. 'Cause I am not rich.

If it really cuts stuff with real plasma it's worth it +).

Agreed sir I did the same thing only getting DA:O UE a month or so ago. However, keep in mind that doing things now, will still assure you these special items even if you buy the game a year later, since they are forever linked with your EA account. I also assume that since they are preorder items, offers, promotions, however you would like to classify them, that they will not be available in the Ultimate edition, so best do what you can now ^^

Eternaltriumph
02-24-2011, 11:49 PM
I read somewhere (don't remember where) the facebook promo's were not available for xbox360. Does anyone know if this is true???
You heard wrong...sort of. It WILL be available for xbox360, but as of right now the game is still in Beta. You can't unlock the items for *ANY* system yet.

When the game goes live (whenever it does...) it'll be released, to be unlocked, for all systems at the same time.

lordskorrkeeper
02-24-2011, 11:50 PM

They are not available in the Closed Beta, but once they open the Open beta I am sure they will be for 360 as well.

* lol same post as above I type slow ;P

scrummers
02-25-2011, 12:13 AM
Man all this DLC for DA 2 can't wait to see what ME3 is going to have. I'll be honest i got DA:O this month to get ready for DA2 cause i got Dead Space 2 and saw some DLC for armor and i was like you know what that shit looks sweet. But i should complete the first before i play this. So i have been playing DA:O for the past month. Probl in my top 5 fav games of all time. Can't wait for DA2. And can't wait to put on Isaac's armor.

HLR zdmetal
02-25-2011, 01:15 AM
I must be the only one overwhelmed with the amount of pre-order fluff this game has. Don't get me wrong I like free shit as much as the next guy, but it's getting to the point of overkill now. This thread did help me figure out what I will and will not be getting (thanks to my pre-order being canceled) though.

Captain Urahara
02-25-2011, 01:44 AM
I must be the only one overwhelmed with the amount of pre-order fluff this game has. Don't get me wrong I like free shit as much as the next guy, but it's getting to the point of overkill now. This thread did help me figure out what I will and will not be getting (thanks to my pre-order being canceled) though.
This is not even close to overkill. There are 2 you get for pre-ordering ANYWHERE, an additional you get if you pre-order at a specific store, and a different additional you get if you pre-order at a different specific store.

Dragon Age Origins was much worse. Each store got a different bonus and some stores got different pre-order bonuses depending on what country you were in. DA2's pre-orders don't even compare to how overkill DAO's was.

HLR zdmetal
02-26-2011, 02:41 AM
My apologies, I meant pre-release as the OP stated. There are about 874 different ways to get different items. Facebook, demo downloads, buying replica weapons, etc. etc.

Ceejus
02-26-2011, 06:50 AM
First of all, for all of you people claiming that you are getting ALL of the stuff listed by the TC, how is that even possible? You actually have the game preordered from BOTH the EA store and Best Buy/Play.com?

Secondly, it seems pointless to go for all the exclusives in Dragon Age. I'm sure most people don't know this, but Origins had preorder bonuses for like, 25 different stores, most of which I've never even heard of. There's a list somewhere on the internet, probably on a Dragon Age wiki, that lists them all. I bet you the same applies for DA2. To go for all of them in ME2 made sense, since all you had to do was either wait for them to be released on the marketplace, or buy them off of Ebay. For Dragon Age, on the other hand, it's pointless. I'm willing to bet there are, or will be a lot more preorder bonuses from a lot more retailers.

Captain Urahara
02-26-2011, 07:55 AM
My apologies, I meant pre-release as the OP stated. There are about 874 different ways to get different items. Facebook, demo downloads, buying replica weapons, etc. etc.
Ah, my apologies then.

FSparacino4
02-26-2011, 09:00 AM
First of all, for all of you people claiming that you are getting ALL of the stuff listed by the TC, how is that even possible? You actually have the game preordered from BOTH the EA store and Best Buy/Play.com?

When people say they are getting all the bonuses, I am pretty sure they mean everything possible through one pre-order. I don't think anyone one pre-order multiple copies just to get the items from pre-ordering from each retailer.

Secondly, it seems pointless to go for all the exclusives in Dragon Age. I'm sure most people don't know this, but Origins had preorder bonuses for like, 25 different stores, most of which I've never even heard of. There's a list somewhere on the internet, probably on a Dragon Age wiki, that lists them all. I bet you the same applies for DA2. To go for all of them in ME2 made sense, since all you had to do was either wait for them to be released on the marketplace, or buy them off of Ebay. For Dragon Age, on the other hand, it's pointless.

So why do you think they wouldn't have a similar setup for Dragon Age II? I'd imagine that the retailer specific bonuses will be added to the marketplace at some point. If they aren't added to the marketplace, they will most likely be found in DA 2 version of the Cerberus network. In an interview with Bioware game executives by Jostiq, the following was stated:

"We will be doing that,” game executive producer Mark Darrah replied when asked by Joystiq if Dragon Age II will feature a DLC-handling service similar to Mass Effect 2′s Cereberus Network. “We haven’t announced what’s in it, but it’ll definitely be something kind of in that Cerberus vein where there will be additional content.”

Source: http://greyviper.com/215/dragon-age-ii-sport-cerberus-network-similar-mass-effect-2.html

I'm willing to bet there are, or will be a lot more preorder bonuses from a lot more retailers.

Any pre-order bonuses linked to specific retailers would have been announced ages ago with the game coming out in a little over a week.

Eternaltriumph
02-27-2011, 12:55 AM
Bumping a great thread because people still ask questions all answered here.

Off topic that's on topic though...fucking feels fantastic seeing a great game that omits gamestop from its pre-order exclusive item list. SURE Gamestop gets preorder bonuses. Everywhere does. But they don't get an exclusive item is what I'm saying. :)

Durdens Wrath
02-28-2011, 06:31 AM
Bumping a great thread because people still ask questions all answered here.

Off topic that's on topic though...fucking feels fantastic seeing a great game that omits gamestop from its pre-order exclusive item list. SURE Gamestop gets preorder bonuses. Everywhere does. But they don't get an exclusive item is what I'm saying. :)
I'm kind of annoyed about that, since that is where I pre-order most of my games. :mad:

But it's still better than DA:O where some stuff was PC only, some Europe only, and some PS3/360 only. That was a nightmare.

Of course, about 3 months down the line, a call to the EA support line got me all the pre-order loot I could want so long as I could have gotten it with my console.

OceanH
03-02-2011, 05:19 PM
http://drh2.img.digitalriver.com/DRHM/Storefront/Company/razerusa/images/product/detail/dragon-age-ii-razer-onza-te-main.jpg

And...

An exclusive DLC in-game item for the PC and Xbox 360®, is included with all Dragon Age II Razer products (with the exception of the Messenger Bag) which further strengthens your champion.
Stats:

Adds to Cunning
Adds to Attack Speed
Enemies drop more coin

http://www2.razerzone.com/asset/campaign/dragonage2/images/dragon-age-2-wp.png

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.226325100/parentCategoryID.43736600/categoryId.55256600

Durdens Wrath
03-03-2011, 01:28 AM
Sucks that the eliteweapons and the razor bonus are the same thing.

13ip0lar
03-03-2011, 06:24 AM
Kinda off topic, but I was looking at the controller and tbh the only thing I like about it is the D-pad and paint job of course. I'm not partial to the programmable buttons or the fact it's wired. Maybe if it was a mouse with optional buttons then it might not be so off putting, but I hate to have buttons in the way I feel forced to use. Just my 2 cents...

ruslan74
03-03-2011, 06:45 AM
Since getting the demo on the 1st of March I am not able to get to login to the EA servers. Are they like unavailable or what? I am weary to finish the demo without being logged on as then the demo content will not register. Bummer.

ckleckner
03-03-2011, 08:41 AM
ok since it says the 2 books were unlocked how are we gonna be able to get them?

bmakar83
03-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Same way all the other DLC stuff has worked so far. If you check http://social.bioware.com under Profile and "Your registered game promotions" they should be on that list.

Captain Urahara
03-03-2011, 04:04 PM
ok since it says the 2 books were unlocked how are we gonna be able to get them?
When the content is in your Registered Game Promotions, then it will be available to download for free when you load up the associated game.

It was the same deal with Dragon Age Origins. You register a game promotion and then were able to download it when you went to the download screen in the game.

Worhammer
03-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Anybody else noticed this? There's now a third book up for grabs:

Posted Monday:
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/162060_8101714366_4761431_q.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/dragonage)Dragon Age (http://www.facebook.com/dragonage)
The third and most powerful tome is waiting to be unlocked. To unlock the tome “Of Things Not Lost” visit the Dragon Age Facebook page and share that days post. If each post from now to March 4, 2011 is shared and reaches 1,000,000 Impressions the day it is posted the tome will unlock.
http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/demo

ViRaLuNdEaD
03-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Anybody else noticed this? There's now a third book up for grabs:

Posted Monday:
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/162060_8101714366_4761431_q.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/dragonage)Dragon Age (http://www.facebook.com/dragonage)
The third and most powerful tome is waiting to be unlocked. To unlock the tome “Of Things Not Lost” visit the Dragon Age Facebook page and share that days post. If each post from now to March 4, 2011 is shared and reaches 1,000,000 Impressions the day it is posted the tome will unlock.
http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/demo (http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/demo)

Yeah, I noticed a few days back when they first posted it, but I haven't seen a way to determine how many "impressions" they have been getting on each post each day. It doesn't show up for me the way they show in their pic. Also, I've seen no feedback from them as to if the first few days met their mark or not.

13ip0lar
03-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Yeah, I noticed a few days back when they first posted it, but I haven't seen a way to determine how many "impressions" they have been getting on each post each day. It doesn't show up for me the way they show in their pic. Also, I've seen no feedback from them as to if the first few days met their mark or not.

Yeah so wtf?!

I also transcribed what the tome description.

Of Things Not Lost - Written by a Fereldan Refugee as she fled the Blight. This book of poems describes her struggle to preserve her past and cling to the few physical mementos she'd brought with her into foreign lands. Readers will surely find this book enchanting.

So I am assuming it's a rune or enchantment? Maybe they did away with runes all together and did straight up enchantments WoW style? Ionno...

iToastMan
03-03-2011, 10:42 PM
They didnt do away with runes i dont think, i remember watching a video and one of the dragon age guys saying that they took away the ability to equip your party with armours and such but they just upgrade as you go through the games, you can only find things that give them extra rune slots :/

ViRaLuNdEaD
03-04-2011, 12:59 AM
They didnt do away with runes i dont think, i remember watching a video and one of the dragon age guys saying that they took away the ability to equip your party with armours and such but they just upgrade as you go through the games, you can only find things that give them extra rune slots :/

Runes are definitely still in. The Ser Isaac armor description says it holds a rune slot.

Hollow_Six
03-04-2011, 04:32 PM
So glad that you don't have to customize the whole parties armor all the time. Least favorite part is looking at all the characters to see if one of them has 1.2 boots that I could switch for 1.75.... At least they seem to have streamlined that... but I don't really understand the whole pre-order bonus thing... Think it will be worthwhile stuff or just a middle of the road gear to get you started. DOn't get me wrong but don't they very rarely make the pre-order bonus gear all that valuable to have or it would imbalance the game for the players that clearly have high expectations or they wouldn't be pre-ordering it. Am I mistaken about this?

ViRaLuNdEaD
03-04-2011, 05:37 PM
So glad that you don't have to customize the whole parties armor all the time. Least favorite part is looking at all the characters to see if one of them has 1.2 boots that I could switch for 1.75.... At least they seem to have streamlined that... but I don't really understand the whole pre-order bonus thing... Think it will be worthwhile stuff or just a middle of the road gear to get you started. DOn't get me wrong but don't they very rarely make the pre-order bonus gear all that valuable to have or it would imbalance the game for the players that clearly have high expectations or they wouldn't be pre-ordering it. Am I mistaken about this?

It really depends on how they implement it. In the original DA, I can remember starting my new character and basically having access to all of my preorder stuff at the start of the game. I was running around without any armor, but had this huge helmet on and all of these additional trinkets and literally blazed through the origin part of the story. If they implement it that way, then the bonuses could be a really good jumpstart to the game and will probably wane as you get deeper in. The other possibility is they hold back on giving you access to certain things in the game until you reach a certain point (like in Fable 3). If they go that route, then the items could be pretty powerful. I guess it remains to be seen.

Worhammer
03-04-2011, 06:23 PM
The only real change in runes is that they can no longer be removed. They can only be replaced. The original rune in that slot is destroyed and replaced by your new and improved rune.

ViRaLuNdEaD
03-04-2011, 06:46 PM
The only real change in runes is that they can no longer be removed. They can only be replaced. The original rune in that slot is destroyed and replaced by your new and improved rune.

Wow, I hadn't heard that. Gone are the days of having a stock set of runes and tailoring your equipment for individual battles. Thanks for the info.

OceanH
03-04-2011, 11:27 PM

What? That's the whole point of RPG, being able to completely customize to your personal preference. Streamlining is what us RPGers hate.

And marketing 101 with common sense: all these pre-order, unlockable items are obviously not the ultimate items in the game.

MasterKingz
03-04-2011, 11:43 PM
I have most of it, only missing the EA and Bestbuy pre order and Facebook, because I haven't been on Facebook in months.

Sweet im almost famous! I wants teh signituure eddy!!!

Worhammer
03-05-2011, 01:41 AM
What? That's the whole point of RPG, being able to completely customize to your personal preference. Streamlining is what us RPGers hate.

And marketing 101 with common sense: all these pre-order, unlockable items are obviously not the ultimate items in the game.
I don't think it's streamlining, per se, that we hate. In fact, I love streamlining. However, taking away my ability to customize stuff is another issue entirely. That isn't streamlining, that's taking away a feature that I liked. I wanted more money, but I didn't want to equip the belt myself. So I stuck it on Alistair. I wanted better heals, but I don't want to be a healer. So I put that on Morrigan.

Posted today:
VICTORY!!! You all helped us get 1 million+ Facebook impressions, so the 3rd tome will unlock for everyone when Dragon Age II ships March 8! Thank you all for helping!

So, there's your answer. :D

judd90
03-05-2011, 03:55 AM
I got the Dead Space 2 Armour :)

Colonel Jester
03-05-2011, 04:03 AM
anyone have that new tome in their download list yet...or will it just show up on the 8th

Captain Urahara
03-05-2011, 04:35 AM
anyone have that new tome in their download list yet...or will it just show up on the 8th
Not in my registered game promotions list. From the sounds of it though it will show up on the 8th, if not before.

I'm so glad we won, despite everyone complaining :D

BloodGodAlucard
03-05-2011, 05:00 AM
Does anyone know if it's been confirmed by Bioware what the in-game effect of the third tome will be?

KillerChris8814
03-05-2011, 06:56 AM

Yeah it's in mine, about an hour ago.

Captain Urahara
03-05-2011, 07:22 AM
Yeah it's in mine, about an hour ago.
You sure about that? Not in mine, and it should unlock universally.

BloodGodAlucard
03-05-2011, 07:52 AM
The third tome hasn't appeared in my downloads either.

xJCH979x
03-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Whoa, I knew there some things free but now I see there are way more than I thought. Sweet! Looks like I will be getting a few of these items, and also the stuff from the signature edition. Argh wish it was Tuesday already.

mickjsg
03-06-2011, 01:41 AM
The 3rd tome is in my download list right now.

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz301/Mickjsg/da2.png

Captain Urahara
03-06-2011, 02:45 AM
I can confirm what mickjsg said. It's in my list as well.

Also I noticed that it gave me a bunch of stuff for the PC version, which I haven't played the demo for yet. Not only all 3 tomes, but Hayder's Razor as well.

Eternaltriumph
03-06-2011, 02:48 AM
Certain bonuses unlock for all platforms. Finishing the demo unlocked all three platforms, as did my Tomes. Inputting the Isaac Armor code unlocked PC and Xbox, but no PS3 because it has its own respective code, which unlocks PC and PS3.

Don't worry about it at all. It's just an added bonuses for the very few people who will buy it on multiple platforms. :)

Sonic1896
03-06-2011, 02:54 AM
Also if you had the Blood Dragon Armor in DA:O it shows up in DA II.

bmakar83
03-06-2011, 03:40 AM
Also if you had the Blood Dragon Armor in DA:O it shows up in DA II.

Oh that's pretty damn awesome.

BloodGodAlucard
03-06-2011, 05:04 AM
I just checked and the new tome is in my download list now. :) That is pretty cool news about the Blood Dragon Armor. I haven't heard anything about that. Where did you find this out? (Not trying to be a jerk asking for proof, I'm just curious.)

Captain Urahara
03-06-2011, 05:42 AM
I just checked and the new tome is in my download list now. :) That is pretty cool news about the Blood Dragon Armor. I haven't heard anything about that. Where did you find this out? (Not trying to be a jerk asking for proof, I'm just curious.)
Funny enough a friend on Xbox Live told me about the armor. He can't remember for sure, but he thought he heard about it in a 1Up video where the person playing said he got it from playing Mass Effect 2(which wouldn't make sense). DAO makes much more sense.

BloodGodAlucard
03-06-2011, 05:46 AM
Yeah that's what I just read on the Gamespot message boards. It seems that everyone is thinking it comes from having a Mass Effect 2 save on your hard drive. I hope it is as good as it was in Origins. I loved to use Blood Dragon and Starfang on my 2 hand DPS character.

FSparacino4
03-06-2011, 05:47 AM
Funny enough a friend on Xbox Live told me about the armor. He can't remember for sure, but he thought he heard about it in a 1Up video where the person playing said he got it from playing Mass Effect 2(which wouldn't make sense). DAO makes much more sense.

I had the code for this armor in my DA:O game case. On my Bioware game promotions it is unlocked for both Mass Effect 2 and Origins, NOT Dragon Age 2. So unless it doesn't appear in the list of game promotions, I don't think this is for DA 2.

Pieville
03-06-2011, 07:00 AM
I noticed a typo -
(a) Hayden’s Razor - dwarven blade that increases health, mana and combat abilities
It's Hayder's Razor! :p

OT: I just got the 2 promotional items from Bioware.
Great thread!

Sonic1896
03-06-2011, 10:19 AM
I had the code for this armor in my DA:O game case. On my Bioware game promotions it is unlocked for both Mass Effect 2 and Origins, NOT Dragon Age 2. So unless it doesn't appear in the list of game promotions, I don't think this is for DA 2.
It doesn't appear in my list either but I have the armor. I had the armor in DA:O and ME2 I figured I had it now cause I used the code way back when.
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w80/ak_1200800/3-6-20112-13-28AM.png

arjankr4ns
03-06-2011, 11:40 AM
can't wait for it to come out (:

FSparacino4
03-07-2011, 02:06 PM
I don't you think you understand how this all works. Why would entering the code register a game promotion for a game which didn't exist and isn't even released till over a year later?
Wouldn't it be strange to enter a code and find out it gave you Blood Dragon Armor for DAO, which you are playing brand new in November 2009, Mass Effect 2, which is just around the corner in January 2010, AND Dragon Age 2 in MARCH 2011. Especially since there was no announcement of said game considering DAO was BRAND NEW.

That would be the equivalent of Bungie giving you a code in a brand new, hot-off-the-shelves, copy of Halo: Combat Evolved, which also unlocks stuff in Halo 2 . . .

And sorry if this sounds rude in any way, but this blows my mind how someone can think this way.

I am not following what you are trying to say. The code for the Blood Dragon Armor was found in my copy of DA: Origins and it says specifically:

Download the Blood Dragon Armor in Dragon Age: Origins and recieve it in Bioware's highly anticipated sequel, Mass Effect 2, as well

So are we to simply assume that it would be available in Dragon Age II as well??

Worhammer
03-07-2011, 03:10 PM
That would be the equivalent of Bungie giving you a code in a brand new, hot-off-the-shelves, copy of Halo: Combat Evolved, which also unlocks stuff in Halo 2 . . .
Not to be a douche, but having a code from Halo: CE unlocks a name card in Halo Reach.

Just sayin'.... :woop:

OceanH
03-07-2011, 03:29 PM

^This. I follow gaming news daily and thoroughly and never heard of Blood Dragon armor being available for Dragon Age 2. Google and there's nothing about it neither. It's only for Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2.

iToastMan
03-07-2011, 03:34 PM
I guess this can confirm it? http://www.livestream.com/electronicarts/video?clipId=pla_216663d7-520c-436d-b642-157fc6642240&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

Its within the first 10 mins of that video and the person puts it on....it shows the black emporium in that time and stuff so if you don't wanna see it dont bother with the vid :)
Im pretty sure its that vid if its not tell me and ill find the proper one, tis just i gotta go out and haven't got time to check :)

mickjsg
03-07-2011, 03:42 PM
I guess this can confirm it? http://www.livestream.com/electronicarts/video?clipId=pla_216663d7-520c-436d-b642-157fc6642240&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

Its within the first 10 mins of that video and the person puts it on....it shows the black emporium in that time and stuff so if you don't wanna see it dont bother with the vid :)
Im pretty sure its that vid if its not tell me and ill find the proper one, tis just i gotta go out and haven't got time to check :)
Awesome, Blood Dragon armour confirmed. :woop:

Now, Blood Dragon Or Isaac's armour...decisions, decisions. :Bounce:

OceanH
03-07-2011, 03:51 PM

And none of the gaming news websites mentioned it. :mad: This would have been very interesting to know.

iToastMan
03-07-2011, 04:07 PM
I guess io out the right video up then?
Yeah would of been nice to know before now...
Also...the tomb is on mine aswell :D
Still gotta wait till Friday for mine i guess, my preorder from GAME is still saying Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for fulfilment. ._.
Hopefully will get it on Thursday =D

Meancode
03-07-2011, 04:46 PM
I don't you think you understand how this all works. Why would entering the code register a game promotion for a game which didn't exist and isn't even released till over a year later?
Wouldn't it be strange to enter a code and find out it gave you Blood Dragon Armor for DAO, which you are playing brand new in November 2009, Mass Effect 2, which is just around the corner in January 2010, AND Dragon Age 2 in MARCH 2011. Especially since there was no announcement of said game considering DAO was BRAND NEW.

And sorry if this sounds rude in any way, but this blows my mind how someone can think this way.

I hate to rain on your parade of negativity here, but I have Dragon Age: Origins, I do not even own Mass Effect 2. And the code in DA:O that I entered what, two years ago? has granted me the Dragon Bone Armor in Dragon Age 2. They just coded the game to look for the code that was meant for Mass Effect 2. Why is that so hard to figure out?

SuperWoody64
03-07-2011, 05:11 PM
I got a replica darkspawn sword from epic weapons; does anyone know when I'm supposed to get that unlock? It didn't come with it, I guess they'll email it?

iToastMan
03-07-2011, 05:51 PM
if you added the ring to your cart they will email you it, other wise i dont think it counts

Worhammer
03-07-2011, 10:15 PM
http://web7.twitpic.com/img/254032502-d05701d9fa5f80c63ebc047ffb171458.4d755560-scaled.png
There, now you can all shut up. It is in DA2, I don't have Mass Effect 2. It probably got unlocked if you unlocked it in DA:O. I don't know who said that, but whoever it is, you're right.

Now shut up. All of ya!

R0KETM4N
03-07-2011, 10:23 PM
http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/info/bonus_items/

QKT
03-08-2011, 02:28 AM
i dont know about everyone else's opinion, but i think these darn facebook unlocks are just stupid. i game a lot and use facebook a lot, but they dont mix at all! facebook games should stick to farmville. i dont mind adverts; i'll 'like' the game developer page or the game page but im not going to be playing a [likely to be] text game to unlock in game stuff.

KillerChris8814
03-08-2011, 03:01 AM
i dont know about everyone else's opinion, but i think these darn facebook unlocks are just stupid. i game a lot and use facebook a lot, but they dont mix at all! facebook games should stick to farmville. i dont mind adverts; i'll 'like' the game developer page or the game page but im not going to be playing a [likely to be] text game to unlock in game stuff.

On the facebook stuff, for the Facebook tome you just had to share the games posts, and on Dragon Age Legends(Still in Beta:confused:), it's not too bad I've been playing it for like 4 or 5 days now, It's a really simplified Dragon Age crossed with strategy and a little resource management would probabally be the best way to describe it.

MacPhisto
03-08-2011, 06:56 AM
Any word yet if there's going to be an EA DLC promotion for this game with Dr Pepper or 7-11 like there was for ME2?

Durdens Wrath
03-08-2011, 07:08 AM
Also, if you register your game, you get a nice pair of boots. You have to register it on Bioware's site.

Meancode
03-08-2011, 09:22 AM
I got a replica darkspawn sword from epic weapons; does anyone know when I'm supposed to get that unlock? It didn't come with it, I guess they'll email it?

Yes, the fine print says you will get it in an email.

II OE II
03-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Here's a list of stuff that im getting when DA2 is finally in my console. It doesnt list my pre-order items or signature edition items though. Also, i just noticed the Blood Dragon Armor myself and thought i should post some proof.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2r61ytu.png

ramarcos
03-08-2011, 04:13 PM
How come I can't register my game. I picked up my Signature edition from gamestop today and it won't let me register the UPC code through the bioware website. I am putting the twelve numbers without any spaces. I want those boots. lol. When I go to the games' unlockables the boots are still in dark.

AboveHunter
03-08-2011, 04:31 PM
The Extra content for Dragon age II on facebook has been now added and all but one have info so far its just compeleting quests which will take you a few days or so evra's might only requires you to compelete the training so its really easy

lordskorrkeeper
03-08-2011, 04:50 PM
How come I can't register my game. I picked up my Signature edition from gamestop today and it won't let me register the UPC code through the bioware website. I am putting the twelve numbers without any spaces. I want those boots. lol. When I go to the games' unlockables the boots are still in dark.

Same thing is happening to me, can't register using the 12 digit proof of purchase code from he signature edition is it a known issue?

martdude16
03-08-2011, 06:21 PM
The 'Blood Dragon Armor' is listed under my 'user entitlements' on my Bioware account. Along with 8 other items, I just have to wait another few days until it's released here. :)

littlejay
03-08-2011, 06:36 PM
yep, im happy my blood dragon armor is back! :)

TriRock
03-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Thanks, a good list you made there.

xRick79
03-08-2011, 07:37 PM
For anyone who ordered from Best Buy...have any of you guys received your codes yet for the sword, shield, and amulet??

I've never pre-ordered from this place before so I'm unfamiliar with how long it takes...nothing was printed on the receipt.

BloodGodAlucard
03-08-2011, 07:47 PM
I got my Signature Edition from Best Buy today. I expected the codes to come on a card like they do for most games, but the girl just handed me a print out that said the codes would arrive via email later. It didn't give any indication of how long it might take. I hope the wait time won't be very long. Maybe a couple days or a week?

xRick79
03-08-2011, 07:52 PM
I got my Signature Edition from Best Buy today. I expected the codes to come on a card like they do for most games, but the girl just handed me a print out that said the codes would arrive via email later. It didn't give any indication of how long it might take. I hope the wait time won't be very long. Maybe a couple days or a week?

Thanks man, I guess it's just a waiting game now. Well, I'm off to play some dragon age 2 then.

littlejay
03-08-2011, 08:02 PM
got my sword and sheild pre order from amazon by email this morning. just waiting on the game

mickjsg
03-08-2011, 11:04 PM
I just hit ebay to see if anyone was gonna sell the Bioware Signature Edition at ripoff prices, one of the first listings was for £75. Insane!

Eternaltriumph
03-08-2011, 11:51 PM
Still no luck on Best Buy. Did ANYONE get a code on their reciept or an email yet? Kind of pissed off that everyone has their stuff but me, because I tried to go the extra mile and went with Bestbuy. -_-

DOOKH8R
03-09-2011, 12:01 AM
got my sword and sheild pre order from amazon by email this morning. just waiting on the game

Same here.
Sad that they didn't offer release day delivery.

FSparacino4
03-09-2011, 12:14 AM
Same thing is happening to me, can't register using the 12 digit proof of purchase code from he signature edition is it a known issue?

Seems like the Bioware site is acting funky with all the hits it is probably getting. I login, go to register game, and it kicks me back out to the login screen again.

xRick79
03-09-2011, 01:54 AM
Still no luck on Best Buy. Did ANYONE get a code on their reciept or an email yet? Kind of pissed off that everyone has their stuff but me, because I tried to go the extra mile and went with Bestbuy. -_-

Nope, still haven't received any e-mail with the codes, so you're certainly not the only one. I don't think BB printed the codes on the receipt...at least i haven't heard of anyone getting the codes that way. :(

Eternaltriumph
03-09-2011, 02:00 AM
I JUST got an email with my Amulet code on it. But that was it.

No shield or sword codes. Fucking Best Buy...never again.

JoshP
03-09-2011, 03:53 AM
I completed the demo twice. I signed in before starting the demo and realized I was signed out after it ended. No Hayder's Razor for me. Anybody else not get this weapon?

Kinky Buns
03-09-2011, 04:20 AM
I did all of the promos but none of it unlocked in my game??

BloodGodAlucard
03-09-2011, 10:23 AM
I just checked my email and I got the Best Buy code for the Amulet of Ashes. I didn't get the codes for the Fadeshear Sword or Lion of Orlais Shield though. Some people on the GameSpot messages board said that they got these to unlock after the registered their game. I'll try that in a minute and let you know if that works. I hope so.

BloodGodAlucard
03-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Okay I thought I would give an update so that this could help some other people that bought their game from Best Buy like I did. I was given the Sword and Shield entitlements when I redeemed my Signature Edition content code. Maybe you should try that if you are still missing yours. I also registered my game and got the Frozen Boots. So now I have all of the promo stuff. :) Except for the EA store pre-order and Ring of Whispers DLC. That and 3 of the Legends items. Good luck to other Best Buy customers unlocking their missing content.

dontgoeasyonme
03-09-2011, 12:03 PM
This is a great thread! Thank you for doing this! I did not know about the Bioware news letter or Penny arcade offer, praise the maker

KriugerisLT
03-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Wtf... I have my blood dragon armor on DA:O and on Mass Effect 2, but it doesn't appear in Dragon Age 2 :(

ViRaLuNdEaD
03-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Wtf... I have my blood dragon armor on DA:O and on Mass Effect 2, but it doesn't appear in Dragon Age 2 :(

Are you sure you are logging into DA2 with the correct EA account info? Go log on to the bioware social site and see if the armor is listed there in your promotional game items.

KriugerisLT
03-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Are you sure you are logging into DA2 with the correct EA account info? Go log on to the bioware social site and see if the armor is listed there in your promotional game items.

I registered at the site, but i didn't find such a thing like "promotional game items".

ViRaLuNdEaD
03-09-2011, 02:08 PM
I registered at the site, but i didn't find such a thing like "promotional game items".

Log on at http://social.bioware.com (http://social.bioware.com/user_home.php) and check under Profile / Your registered game content.

KriugerisLT
03-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Log on at http://social.bioware.com (http://social.bioware.com/user_home.php) and check under Profile / Your registered game content.

There's no Blood Dragon armor. Only the stuff you get from 1mil Demo downloads, for playing the demo and Hindsight belt from the Penny Arcade.

Wtf? I played Mass Effect 2 and DA:O with Blood Dragon armor, and i was signed in the whole time while i played those games with my EA account.

ViRaLuNdEaD
03-09-2011, 02:18 PM
There's no Blood Dragon armor. Only the stuff you get from 1mil Demo downloads, for playing the demo and Hindsight belt from the Penny Arcade.

Wtf? I played Mass Effect 2 and DA:O with Blood Dragon armor, and i was signed in the whole time while playing those games with my EA account.

And you are sure you don't have more than one account? If you do, then items from one or the other won't show up, depending on which one you are using in DA2. If you are positive you only have one account, I'd contact EA support.

KriugerisLT
03-09-2011, 02:20 PM
No I don't, i only have 1 EA account, which i played Mass Effect 2 and DA:O with. Maybe I'll wait 2-3hrs until my profile updates with BioWare network, because i only created it just a moment ago. If nothing comes up, then i'll contact EA support.

EA Support is worthless btw. Had many issues with Battlefield games and their promotions. Took over a month to solve the issues...

Durdens Wrath
03-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Is anyone else having trouble getting their ring from epicweapons?

Heretic Dean
03-09-2011, 09:52 PM
Woah, missing 2 unfortunately, still nice to see a company have this much to offer. Living in the UK so have to wait, but got the Legends Beta and a spare Beta code is anyone wants it? Maybe for a an Amulet of Ashes or Ring of Whispering ;)

rabblerouser
03-09-2011, 11:39 PM
so all these items show up in your inventory? and can you sell them over and over? :p

lordskorrkeeper
03-16-2011, 01:24 AM
Just noticed on the Bioware store after buying some Dragon Age posters I got a free code for a pretty good belt for DA2, it was for buying anything on the Bioware site.

Belt Stats
The Antivan Garrote
+2 Critical Chance
+4% Critical Damage
Immunity to Flanking
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d19/lordskorrkeeper/Games/DA2-Promo-2.jpg

(Below) A list of what I have been able to get so far added the PC ones as well because of the soundtrack, not sure why the Exile Prince or Dark Emporium did not show up at all but I have em.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d19/lordskorrkeeper/Games/DA2-Promo-1.jpg