PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on the demo.

AboveHunter
02-22-2011, 06:04 PM
Well here's my thought on the demo so far.....IT BLEW MY FREAKING MIND i like it way better then what the first one was and i really like the way the story is second when flemeth came in my thoughts were.....well i rather not use the words in my mind at this moment but this demo definately makes me wanna buy the game now.

N7 Johnny Clash
02-22-2011, 06:33 PM
I'm pissed beyond believe because of that stupid Gold-Account bulshit... mine ran out couple a days ago and i dont friggin need a 3 month subscription right now...

Argh!

The demo doesnt hit the PS3 Network until tomorrow and my PC hasnt got the power to run it...

Mofo-Unbelieveble...

I would gladly say how much i loved the demo and everyhing...
But i cant...

On top of all things i fucking work at a GameStop but here in germany there is no such thing like a FREE demo for DA2

Now i will go kill myself...
:rant:

gjury
02-22-2011, 07:03 PM
read my review in the "demo is up people!" topic i created you will get my opinion lol

x GrumpyNinja x
02-22-2011, 07:55 PM
its was awesome!! i was gunna wait to pick this one up but now im gunna have to get it first day. cant wait!!

damab
02-22-2011, 09:10 PM
Tried it twice now both times it crashed at or before the ogre fight. Here's hoping third times the charm.

adz5000
02-23-2011, 01:46 AM
I felt that it was a brilliant in-sight into the game and it is looking good.

I like the new fast-paced combat and the introduction of Isabella was good too. I also like the look of Varric (crossbow dwarf) and the games new graphics are great.

However I dislike the new-look Hurlocks as they looked great before and "If it ain't broke don't fix it".

Well there's my thoughs on the demo, now I want to know what everyone else thinks.

TheDeceiver35
02-23-2011, 01:56 AM
For the most part I liked the changes. Combat felt alot more responsive than the first one and I thought the new graphics, especially some of the character models looked excellent. I do agree with azd5000 about the hurlock models though, I preferred the old ones, though I didn't mind the change to the ogre. I'm quite excited for this to come out now.

Pearson
02-23-2011, 02:24 AM
The changes are good, I like the combat system change, but I don't like the fact that I'm getting my ass kicked by the horde of Hurlocks and the Ogre. I can't beat these guys, so it looks like no free weapons for me because 4 tries and I can't beat them with a guy that is only level 2.

VladimirK
02-23-2011, 02:30 AM
I've played it on 360 and PC.
PC version is great, no complaints.

However, the 360 version isn't so great.
Not much of a fan of the hack-and-slash feel I get from it. Might be better if I stayed locked-on to the enemy I'm trying to attack but there was no button for doing it manually and the one that it does automatically is extremely weak in that if you move a tiny distance from your target it will disengage or switch to something else, (even a normal attack as a warrior was enough to throw it off on most hits). That in combination with having to press A for each hit led to the hack-and-slash feel that I mentioned.

Maybe I'm just comparing it to Origins a little much in my mind, maybe I need a few more playthroughs to get used to it but just now it stands pretty much as what I said above.

Also, is this going to be on GfWL or are the achievements mentioned in the extras menu just ones Bioware threw in for the PC?
Origins might have had it too but I can't quite remember.

Pearson, I believe that the demo only has to get to 1,000,000 downloads and Bioware will unlock the items for everybody :)
(That's what it looks like from what they say on the site anyway.)

Bloody_Hitman666
02-23-2011, 02:37 AM
demo is pretty good could have been a little bit longer, but kind of different compared to dragon age origins the way i remember(you have keep pressing A now to attack, dont remember if it was in DA1 and how you can now lung or jump towards your target) the mage fully upgraded or at the begining of the demo seems a lot more stronger then in DA1. Ranging seems kind of wierd now but i could get use to it and all the new stuff in this game pretty quick

Captain Urahara
02-23-2011, 03:23 AM
I'm a fan of the changes. Sure there were many people who wanted DA2's combat to remain like Origins, but I always felt it was sluggish. Much more responsive and much more fun now, in my opinion.

Using Mass Effect's dialogue wheel was an excellent choice. Trying to be nice in DAO and ending up flirting or pissing someone off really got on my nerves.

Hawke being voiced is great. Your Warden having a blank stare while in conversations was just plain stupid.

Only one problem, and that is that the only woman I've seen that I want to romance so far is Bethany :mad:
Seriously, why did they have to make her the most attractive? And she just has to be your sister . . . I am sad :(

Cav Clayton
02-23-2011, 04:48 AM
Here's my pros/cons of the demo.

Pros:
- Great animations (Varrick smashing a raider in the face with a crossbow up close)

- Personality created with voice cutscenes

- New combat moves are great

- Improved graphics engine

- Flemeth

Cons:
- Your average attack is way too fast it's almost ridiculous looking. It'd be better if it was half as fast and double the damage.

- The art design looks too childish. I miss the gritty realism look they had, now it's just over-the-top and almost looks nothing like the original.

- Customisation looks limited with some upgrades only really combo-ing well with specific classes.

Overall it's still a game I'll enjoy and probably love. But it feels like a complete makeover rather than a sequel, which I'm not sure is what Bioware should have focused on.

cstbrophy
02-23-2011, 04:58 AM
I don't think that I liked it. I thought that I would like the changes to combat, but it felt wrong to me. it was like playing a lousy version of ninety nine nights. I thought I would like the dialog wheel, but having it explicitly lay out the good and evil really cheapens the dialog. they might as well have a morality indicator.

I played the first one on the computer and if i do get the game it will definitely be on the computer after playing the 360 demo. i think i will try it again tomorrow and see if i like it better.

Doombringer777
02-23-2011, 06:40 AM
Pros:
-Liked the combat animations better with the more fast paced moves.
-Giving the Main character a voice didn't detract from the experience.
-Better Textures and graphics
-
Cons:
-Having to repeatedly tap A to keep attacking. It makes it feel way to much like hack and slash and i can't concentrate on the battlefield without pausing because I have to keep tapping A, so there needs to be an option to have a lock you on to someone and automatically keep attacking them, like in the first game.
-The combat animations could be just a tiny bit slower. It looks ridiculous how fast you execute the weapon flourishes.
-No Auto Level up?!? What the heck? I hope it wasn't there because this is a demo and hope it will be in the full version because choosing to personally level up my character and figure out where to put what stats and skills points are enough for me.
- Laying out the Good and evil choices on the Dialog Wheel. Terrible game design in my opinion and also one of the reasons I don't like the Dialog wheel because good is always on top and evil is always on bottom. There's no depth to it at all.
-Dialog wheel in general is one thing I kinda disliked from Bioware. They said they would make this dialog wheel describe what you were actually going to say unlike Mass Effect where the wheel says "No." and Shepard ends up giving the character a "Fuck You" instead. This has the same problem because the text on the wheel usually isn't even said in the dialog. The old dialog system would be nicer where you say the exact sentence you select. Maybe combo that with the voice and you would have a winning combination and you wouldn't have clear Good and Bad choices so your character shapes to your personality more realistically.
-Graphics look way different from what they were in DA:O, to the point where it seems they changed the tone and art style. The characters, especially Hawke, look obviously fake and the artists cant seem to decide what they want. You can't try to be mature, gritty, and violent and have character designs from what seems to be a different game from a different genre.
-Health/Party system isn't visible, in the wrong corner of the screen, and is not descriptive enough. I cannot tell what character I'm switching to via the party screen (no this is not the part of my tv, It's a 42" 1080p LED), bring back the party/stat system from dragon age 1.

These are just my opinions though. Writing it out, there were a whole lot of cons to the game, though maybe some of them are present in the full game and just not present in the demo. Or maybe they were present in the demo and I just couldn't find them. Who knows. Either way I'll be picking up my Signature edition when it releases and probably love the game because almost everything by Bioware is gold.

b1zarr0
02-23-2011, 07:07 AM
My thoughts on the demo are stupid fucking gold account bullshit!!!!

I miss the good old days when a demo was released it was actually goddamn released; not half assed released to over privileged gold account members!

now if only the Internet would quit failing at having a torrent up for the demo I could use a special mix of software and know how to put it on a USB drive and give it a go that way. (was able to do this with Crackdown 2)

but barring that all I got is testimonies, gameplay videos and vast amounts of rage due to the gold account bullshit mentioned earlier :uzi:

Captain Urahara
02-23-2011, 07:59 AM
My thoughts on the demo are stupid fucking gold account bullshit!!!!

I miss the good old days when a demo was released it was actually goddamn released; not half assed released to over privileged gold account members!

now if only the Internet would quit failing at having a torrent up for the demo I could use a special mix of software and know how to put it on a USB drive and give it a go that way. (was able to do this with Crackdown 2)

but barring that all I got is testimonies, gameplay videos and vast amounts of rage due to the gold account bullshit mentioned earlier :uzi:
That's more of a Microsoft/Xbox concern rather than a demo concern, but yeah I can understand your pain. I've always thought the whole situation with demos on 360 is pretty stupid. I mean it was also released today for PS3 and I downloaded it just fine without having to be "Playstation Plus", so having to be "Gold" on 360 to download it is a stupid reason.

Still, you SHOULD be able to download the PC demo and wait for the 360 demo to be available to "Silver" members. The Hayder's Razor offer lasts until the end of May, whereas the 2 additional items offer is only good till March 1st. Might as well let your download contribute in time so that they unlock for all 3 console(PC, PS3, 360) and then grab Hayder's Razor later for 360.

Ozbaab
02-23-2011, 09:27 AM
I played the demo on my xbox like 15 mins and then quit it. Couldn't take the extreme hack'n'slash BUTTONMASH. Was playing mage, and the only thing I did in combat was A-A-A-A-A-RT-B-A-A-A-A-A-A.

So I downloaded the PC version and liked it ALOT more. More interesting combat, ALOT better looking etc :)
I even got hyped! It's a PC day one buy for sure, even got the Signature Edition pre-ordered awhile back!

Also, is this going to be on GfWL or are the achievements mentioned in the extras menu just ones Bioware threw in for the PC?
Origins might have had it too but I can't quite remember.

I'm pretty sure it's not going into GfWL, Bioware, as you said, have their own social page and therefor their own achievements :) Just like they did in Origins

Stevey Boy2006
02-23-2011, 12:25 PM
The demo sucked balls.

The combat is terrible, the animations are rubbish, the graphics lack any kind of detail....

Bioware have taken Dragon Age which was such a great game and watered it down to cater for casual gamers

Ozbaab
02-23-2011, 12:37 PM
The demo sucked balls.

The combat is terrible, the animations are rubbish, the graphics lack any kind of detail....

Bioware have taken Dragon Age which was such a great game and watered it down to cater for casual gamers

If you have a somewhat good PC, then try it on that platform, way better :)
Dragon Age really is best played on a PC.

Stevey Boy2006
02-23-2011, 12:45 PM
If you have a somewhat good PC, then try it on that platform, way better :)
Dragon Age really is best played on a PC.

I know a lot of people that have high end gaming rigs and they all think DA2 isnt a patch on DA:O

Heres a quote from a PC gamer that loved the original-

This game sucks so f**king much. It is the biggest piece of sh*t I have ever played in my life. Medal of Honor MP is much better than this sh*t. The animations are sh*t. The designs suck. The art direction is crap. The animations are sh*t. The combat is stupid. Everything is stupid. Holy f**k... this game f**king sucks so f**king much. F**k Bioware. F**k everyone who worked on this game. This is a f**king disgrace to Dragon Age.

I am so close to emailing Valve to ask for my refund for this crap.

bawrash
02-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Did anyone else think that his mother looks and sounds like morrigan?

Plus where are all the changes they were going to make so the abilities were more easily accessible for console gamers?

I'm admittedly disappointed, didnt connect with the characters and the environments were bland. Gonna request this title be listed under hack n slash rather than rpg.

chewat
02-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Did anyone else think that his mother looks and sounds like morrigan?

Plus where are all the changes they were going to make so the abilities were more easily accessible for console gamers?

I'm admittedly disappointed, didnt connect with the characters and the environments were bland. Gonna request this title be listed under hack n slash rather than rpg.

couldnt agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iToastMan
02-23-2011, 03:48 PM
I enjoyed the demo somewhat and got past the button mashing eventually and got used to it. My only gripe was that i couldn't connect with the characters as the voice acting sounded way to put on, the best voice acting what from Wesley(?) the templar imo.
i played through five times using the different classes and weapon choices, the one i had the most fun with had to be the rouge melee, the skills seem to be dumbed down on that class to make it easier for a casual gamer but i still enjoyed using the flask and such.
Also, the way Flemeth look confused me a bit, surely they should of made her the same as they did in origins for that part, as its a pretty fast change for her to go from a crippled looking woman into what quite a normal looking woman with a few wrinkles ._.
Also, with the story spanning 10 years im guessing things like the quick skip to kirkwall will be common, or was that bit just for the demo? :)
But yeah, thats my semi rant over and im still gonna go through with my signature edition for the xbox pre order and hopefully enjoy the game :)

MASS DOMINATION
02-23-2011, 04:38 PM

I found the game to be so much more simple than DA:O. upgrading was much more streamlined and explained exactly what each stat does and how much each upgrade point will improve your character. the fighting and moves were also more easier to understand and use and i had a blast playing as a rogue. I'm not surprised you didn't connect with the characters because it was only a 40minute demo that i seemed separated since Bioware wanted to show off a few different areas and characters.

Anyway, this demo has me even more hyped up for DA2.

iToastMan
02-23-2011, 05:35 PM
I found the game to be so much more simple than DA:O. upgrading was much more streamlined and explained exactly what each stat does and how much each upgrade point will improve your character. the fighting and moves were also more easier to understand and use and i had a blast playing as a rogue. I'm not surprised you didn't connect with the characters because it was only a 40minute demo that i seemed separated since Bioware wanted to show off a few different areas and characters.

Anyway, this demo has me even more hyped up for DA2.

Dont get me wrong, i loved the demo and im exited for the game, and by connecting i kinda meant 'feeling' the emotion the were and with the voice acting on some of the characters i felt i couldn't do it, you could see they had been 'put on' where as in origins i found most people had a tone in the voice that i knew how they felt :)

neubourn
02-23-2011, 06:57 PM
It was only "button mashing hack'n'slash" in the beginning because you could only learn like 2 talents, and they had long cooldowns.

But when i played the first part of it when you had full abilities, i found myself pausing with the LT and using all my powers on cooldowns...not even close to button mashing A on the first part.

Bretttwyman
02-23-2011, 07:00 PM
the game is awesome the first cannot touch it in the slightest it tookme agesto get into the first one but this one got going straight away 3 stars on the demo lets c what real game gunna b like

Captain Urahara
02-23-2011, 08:09 PM
I played the demo on my xbox like 15 mins and then quit it. Couldn't take the extreme hack'n'slash BUTTONMASH. Was playing mage, and the only thing I did in combat was A-A-A-A-A-RT-B-A-A-A-A-A-A.
You do know there is an option to switch the game back to the Origins style instead of the Hack-N-Slash style, right? It's just not available in the demo, but it will be in the full game.

Opiate42
02-23-2011, 08:15 PM
It was only "button mashing hack'n'slash" in the beginning because you could only learn like 2 talents, and they had long cooldowns.

But when i played the first part of it when you had full abilities, i found myself pausing with the LT and using all my powers on cooldowns...not even close to button mashing A on the first part.

Totally agree and I dug the demo I played as a mage and the ogre was damn hard... was sad when it ended but see the potential. They start you off raw, then let you see where it goes I dig that. Feel the power!!

Though the button mashing depressed me initially, was thinking that between this and Final Fantasy 13 my :abut: button would have pressed right through the other side of my controller. Thankfully the next scenes rectified that.

The stripped down sped up cut scenes to fill that space went almost spastically fast and Flemeth's voice-over was glitchy to me (tonal changes and overlapping lines that didn't make any sense) but I can assume Bioware will be cleaning that up in the retail release.

The only thing I didn't like really was the gliding/sliding movements as you went across terrain. It didn't seem as though you were walking or running, just slipping around as the world turned under your feet.

Like really though could they have made Isabella's breasts any larger? Wow someone was designing their ideal superwoman there.

I am so close to emailing Valve to ask for my refund for this crap. Okay SteveyBoy2006 I had to laugh at that anonymous PC gamer! Contacting Valve may not get him very far since they likely have absolutely nothing to do with this game. :p

Seeing her up close, I really dig the gritty look on the female Hawke, I was all over changing Shepard's appearance in ME but here I don't think I can make any adjustments that would do an ass-kicking lady justice (and suit the voice, which I also liked).

iToastMan
02-23-2011, 09:31 PM
You do know there is an option to switch the game back to the Origins style instead of the Hack-N-Slash style, right? It's just not available in the demo, but it will be in the full game.

ah, now that is good news, i kind of started enjoying spamming the button as a rouge and mage, just not as much for the warrior for some reason.

Also as someone said about female hawke, i agree that the stock model is pretty awesome and fits the voice well.
I am hoping i can take the beard from the male hawke and just give him a 5'O'clock shadow xD and i didn't really like his voice

martdude16
02-23-2011, 09:54 PM
I loved Origins and I was skeptical after seeing some of the gameplay for Dragon Age 2 beforehand, but I thoroughly enjoyed playing the demo.

However, it's a shame we didn't get to use the inventory and playing as a Warrior it felt more like a Dynasty Warriors game at first, I got used to it though.

Going to be a long wait until release date now! :(

Warden1972
02-23-2011, 10:31 PM
I enjoyed the demo and will certainly keep it in my Gamefly queue but I can't help but feel DA2 is going to be more glitchy if the demo is any indication.
However, I do admire the graphical improvement over the first one, which was much needed.

I was very annoyed and disappointed with the button mashing but have since learned that the full game will have the classic auto-attack feature from DA:O and KOTOR. Mashing one single button throughout every second of combat in a game spanning dozens of hours redefines "tedious".

Ozbaab
02-23-2011, 11:32 PM

I had no idea! :)

Miles Prower F6
02-24-2011, 01:25 AM
Seriously? You have the option to switch back to the classic playstyle? If that's true then all my complaints about the game vanish instantly, the only thing I didn't like about the game was new combat system.

Felt like FF13 all over again.

Cav Clayton
02-24-2011, 02:36 AM
I also hope the targeting system is a bit better.
The amount of times my rogue was murdering a hurlock only to fancily front flip in to another before I had finished was a little tedious.

Pearson
02-24-2011, 06:43 AM
When you face the Ogre the second time around when your character is weak, how do you defeat it and the horde it's with?

Zima
02-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Wonder if the Classic Style changes Hawk's fighting Abington

Ozbaab
02-24-2011, 09:47 AM
When you face the Ogre the second time around when your character is weak, how do you defeat it and the horde it's with?

I wiped out the small ones first, then went for the ogre.

Captain Urahara
02-24-2011, 09:52 AM
When I was a warrior: I had Aveline draw the Ogre's attention and bunker down. I drew the horde's attention and cut them down as Bethany provided support with Fire.

When I was a rogue(bow): I had Aveline draw all aggro as Bethany and I quickly killed the horde.

When I was a mage: Aveline drew Ogre's attention, Carver drew horde's attention, I dispatched them with magic.

surreal_82
02-24-2011, 11:23 AM
I know a lot of people that have high end gaming rigs and they all think DA2 isnt a patch on DA:O

Heres a quote from a PC gamer that loved the original-

And that quote is a very objective and unbiased quote obviously who has the full grasp of the english language that they are required to pour obscenities through every other word, how classy san diego! And how would he have the full game, its not out on PC yet so stop talking bollocks, all we have seen or played is a demo, until the full final game is in front of me i will reserve judgement.

Stevey Boy2006
02-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Okay SteveyBoy2006 I had to laugh at that anonymous PC gamer! Contacting Valve may not get him very far since they likely have absolutely nothing to do with this game. :p

He's bought it through steam:p

surreal_82
02-24-2011, 12:32 PM
how the games official release date hasnt been broken anywhere world wide, and if it was on steam, i would be playing it right now... its not even available to download as a cracked version yet fpr the pc, which if it was also readily available on steam would have happened by now, that should tell you something. Steam release date is still the 8th... Trust me Ive been looking for a pc copy just to play before i get my 360 one as i cant wait, not availble yet legit or cracked

Dededge
02-24-2011, 12:36 PM
epic is all i had to say

VladimirK
02-24-2011, 01:01 PM
how the games official release date hasnt been broken anywhere world wide, and if it was on steam, i would be playing it right now...

I think the guy was talking about pre-purchase on Steam...

Angelous Draven
02-24-2011, 01:59 PM
I love the demo its everything the first game should of been as far as gameplay goes. I also love how its basicly Mass Effect but in the Dragon Age world. My one confusion is were in the time line does this take place in from the first game. from the demo it makes it seem like it takes place right after the fight in Ostagar but if that is true why does flemith look the way she does then and not that way in the first game seems like a plot hole to me unless im missing something.

Captain Urahara
02-24-2011, 04:03 PM
I love the demo its everything the first game should of been as far as gameplay goes. I also love how its basicly Mass Effect but in the Dragon Age world. My one confusion is were in the time line does this take place in from the first game. from the demo it makes it seem like it takes place right after the fight in Ostagar but if that is true why does flemith look the way she does then and not that way in the first game seems like a plot hole to me unless im missing something.
Beginning of DA2 takes place shortly after your Warden and company left Lothering. Hawke and company work their way to Kirkwall where they then have to do a task to get in, a task which takes a year to complete. This year is how long Origins spans and will show basically how Origins wrapped up via cutscene. DA2 will then continue on for another 9 years.

xplanetpiscesx
02-24-2011, 05:53 PM
My impressions of the demo are pretty positive.

I felt the combat was a little too quick but I liked it overall. The criticism of the combat surprises me a little for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it's a moot point because you can see in the locked menus that we'll be able to revert back to the "automatic" combat from DA1 if we wish (I won't be). Secondly, button mashing might work on normal difficulty early in the game but I guarantee it won't work later in the game against tougher enemies, or on higher difficult levels.

I also really, really like the imported conversation wheel from Mass Effect. I think in an RPG it's important to understand the consequences of what you say BEFORE you say it. The old system of just picking out a sentence sometimes (but not often) added a random element to a conversation when it shouldn't have.

I found the overall look and feel of the game similar to the first, but better. Character models have been very obviously upgraded. Movement seems a little more fluid, I felt DA1 was almost a little too old-school in that aspect.

Anyway, these are opinions only...but I will say to the several posters who claimed they couldn't "connect" to the characters in a half-hour demo: thank you for putting a smile on my face during my boring lunch break.

VladimirK
02-24-2011, 06:01 PM
One thing that's been bugging me that one of you might know, are we stuck with playing a human character?
After playing the demo a couple of times it just hit me that in everything I've seen/played, it's always a human.

Also thinking about it, the other thing that's been bugging me about the demo is the stupidly oversized weapons.
It sounds like one of these pedantic points but I really think it detracts from the overall game if I have to see weapons that look like they belong in a JRPG rather than Dragon Age.

Same actually goes for the females. In Origins they look believable for the most part and that's a great thing, however some of the ones I seen in the demo were like the person that made them was a horny 14 year old that just wants big virtual boobs.

Also add to this the way my character slides across the ground with the attacks like he's in Dancing on Ice and it's taking away even more realism.

(When I'm saying realistic, I know it's an RPG and obviously isn't realistic in many ways, I just mean for sake of immersion in the world it doesn't even seem realistic for that.)

Really hope those things are fixed, I really want to like this game but since I've played the demo these things have bugged the Hell out of me.

Edit:
And another thing I just remembered.
The dialogue wheel.
I think it's good in that it's better than the list but my problem with it comes with how blatent the morality choices are. They even put a little picture next to it to show you what is good or bad.
For me that's making it a little too dumbed down.

Calib4n
02-24-2011, 09:59 PM
Well, I was really looking forward to this title and I just got through the demo (on the Xbox), and I must say, having played the 1st Dragon Age on PC... Woha...what a disappointment.

The combat system epically fails. It reeks of dumbed down RPG even more than DA:O, in which it was bearable. (Can we still call this Dragon's Lair-esque buttonmasher "RPG"?)
Don't even get me started on the You-can't-go-wrong-minuscule-talent-"trees".. almost insulting to our intellect.
It's not because we're on a console that everyone has a peanut-sized brain.
And the whole ambiance somehow doesn't feel right, the f-ugly environmental textures have something to do with it, perhaps?

I really wanted to believe in DA2, but now.. oh man, I'm skeptical. What a letdown, Bioware. I don't think they released a game this bad since...well.. never, actually.
Maybe I'm bitter and just don't "get it". This was a day 1 buy for me, an hour ago. Not anymore. Waiting for the reviews.

Stevey Boy2006
02-25-2011, 12:46 PM
I think the guy was talking about pre-purchase on Steam...

Thats exactly it

ShawnSig
02-25-2011, 06:00 PM
The rogue class reminds me of the Goblin from Ninety-Nine Nights "Dwingvatt" I think it's name was. Flying around with 2 big Ulaks, slicing up all the bad guys.

XperimntNterror
02-25-2011, 06:35 PM
I found the demo enjoyable. Different, but I'm no less eager for the full game.

Regarding the changes to Flemeth, isn't she supposed to be a shapeshifter? I don't understand why people are getting up in arms about her character model varying so wildly from what it was in Origins. Theoretically, she could take on any form and it would still make sense.

Xathlak
02-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Demo was good, but let me put it this way: I cancelled my Signature Edition pre-order for the 360 and got the regular PC version. I'll just buy the exiled prince DLC separately and miss out on the armory. The having to spam the button to attack thing just wasn't doing it for me. The fact that the PC version looks better also didn't hurt. I'll eventually, one day, get the Dragon Age 2: Super Unlimited Ultra Sex version that will come out that includes all DLC, and get the achievements then.

And new Flemeth was great! She was pretty dumb in the first one. Grats, you look like a boring old hag. Much more impressive now.

EnteringtheCosmos
02-26-2011, 07:24 PM
The having to spam the button to attack thing just wasn't doing it for me.

That can be turned off in the full version

Durdens Wrath
02-27-2011, 10:46 AM
I need more quick attack buttons. 6 just isn't cutting it, and certainly won't for a rogue/warrior. A mage, that is different.

And good god, I sure hope that heals don't take that long in the real game to come off cooldown. I guess they're wanting us to use more potions? (Though THAT was on cooldown too)

iToastMan
02-27-2011, 11:15 AM
I need more quick attack buttons. 6 just isn't cutting it, and certainly won't for a rogue/warrior. A mage, that is different.

And good god, I sure hope that heals don't take that long in the real game to come off cooldown. I guess they're wanting us to use more potions? (Though THAT was on cooldown too)

Yeah, i was pretty confused with the healing and potions, they seemed to have pretty long cooldown for what they are, with that cooldown on heal im guessing it would be better off just sticking with no healer mage in the first place and stocking up on potions :(
Hopefully it makes up for the heal cooldowns with some other stuff on the healer tree :)

Calib4n
02-27-2011, 12:14 PM
The fact that the PC version looks better also didn't hurt. I'll eventually, one day, get the Dragon Age 2: Super Unlimited Ultra Sex version that will come out that includes all DLC, and get the achievements then.

My thoughts exactly. I just hope I won't be tempted to buy the mandatory add-on that'll be released 6 months afterwards, for my PC version ;)

Durdens Wrath
02-27-2011, 05:22 PM
Yeah, i was pretty confused with the healing and potions, they seemed to have pretty long cooldown for what they are, with that cooldown on heal im guessing it would be better off just sticking with no healer mage in the first place and stocking up on potions :(
Hopefully it makes up for the heal cooldowns with some other stuff on the healer tree :)
The healing cooldown was so bad, that I definately regretted taking that skill.

vgfanatic1
02-27-2011, 07:23 PM
I'm pissed beyond believe because of that stupid Gold-Account bulshit... mine ran out couple a days ago and i dont friggin need a 3 month subscription right now...

Argh!

The demo doesnt hit the PS3 Network until tomorrow and my PC hasnt got the power to run it...

Mofo-Unbelieveble...

I would gladly say how much i loved the demo and everyhing...
But i cant...

On top of all things i fucking work at a GameStop but here in germany there is no such thing like a FREE demo for DA2

Now i will go kill myself...
:rant:

I hate the frecking gold-required demos. I have gold, but I have a child account, so I can't get anything, and I'm not going to buy gold for a second account.

I do have a 48 hr card somewhere, so I may be able to download it later.

Cyano Khaar
02-27-2011, 09:38 PM
I loved the new combat. I preferred the dialogue in Origins though. DAII's dialogue feels just like Mass Effect, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I liked having a different conversation style in both series.

I also didn't like not being able to access my inventory. That sucked.

I'm pent up for the game though. Can't wait to loot and build up relationships.

KuShNsTieN
02-28-2011, 04:19 AM
I think the demo was pretty fun. i only played as a warrior because thats what i mostly play as so i didn't bother to play as the others(too lazy). It was hard at first when you had to fight that ogre at the end but i didnt level up my character. I didnt really like the one button combat system but i hear you can change that. hopefully you can, but if not i can live with it. overall it was good and cant wait to get the real game

ViRaLuNdEaD
02-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Finally got around to playing this over the weekend. Love the new graphics, though Hawke looks like he needs some meat on his bones. Can't say I am a fan of the new arcade style combat, but it might grow on me. Really looking forward to being able to open and use the inventory. I think it would have been easier to take out the ogre if I had been able to equip some of the stuff I found along the way. All in all, I enjoyed it.

solo07
02-28-2011, 02:20 PM
I don't think that I liked it. I thought that I would like the changes to combat, but it felt wrong to me. it was like playing a lousy version of ninety nine nights. I thought I would like the dialog wheel, but having it explicitly lay out the good and evil really cheapens the dialog. they might as well have a morality indicator.

I played the first one on the computer and if i do get the game it will definitely be on the computer after playing the 360 demo. i think i will try it again tomorrow and see if i like it better.
Ninety Nine Nights wasn't lousy to you? lol.
On topic, I liked it, looking forward to it.

EMP
03-03-2011, 02:56 AM
Not sure I liked it to be honest it feels like a big difference from the first idk they game just feels weird I liked the system they had going with the first dragon age...

asdf123
03-05-2011, 05:04 PM
just finished the complete edition of the first and i will be getting this but damn, this was not that good, felt different in a bad way, hope its better when i get used to it :)

Amy326
03-06-2011, 07:11 PM
I loved it! I'm picking up the game tomorrow at midnight!

Psymox
03-07-2011, 11:49 AM
After playing the demo I came out a little dissapointed. I thought the first 1 was great but to me this doesn't feel 'dragon age-esk' any more. I can't put my finger on a problem becuase it plays alright and has no clear faults.

I'm still going to buy the game and hope it was just a lack of content and features for the demo that put me off. *Shrugs*