PDA

View Full Version : DLC Info

Symp0s1um
02-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Fable III Traitorís Keep game add-on Ė Available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for 560 Microsoft Points on March 1, the Traitorís Keep game add-on continues the journey as fans venture into three new levels called Ravenscar Keep, Clockwork Island, and the Godwin Estate, taking on new quests and encountering a mysterious prisoner. Traitorís Keep also comes packed with 250 gamerscore points and additional content.

Ragnarok1986
02-24-2011, 10:36 PM
Any links?

JONBLEACH
02-24-2011, 10:56 PM
thats straight from majornelson.com

Symp0s1um
02-25-2011, 02:13 AM
No it's straight from the fable 3 forum on the Lionhead website.

http://lionhead.com/forums/t/302209.aspx

ImaginaryRuins
02-25-2011, 02:44 AM
Will there be more achievements, just like Fable II DLC?

Son of Kyuss
02-25-2011, 02:50 AM
Will there be more achievements, just like Fable II DLC?

Yes, 250 points from 10 achievements. They're viewable on Xbox.com as of now.

TrishTheDish
02-25-2011, 03:29 AM
A Slow Day At The Office

Survive an assassination attempt. 20

Science And Industry

Defeat Professor Faraday. 20

Unnatural Laws

Defeat Witchcraft Mary. 20

Who Are You?

Defeat General Turner. 20

Keeping It Real

Decide the future of the Keep. 20

I, Robot. You, Idiot

Help Huxley end his Loneliness Mode. 20

Diary Of A Sad Man

Find all of Professor Faraday's diaries. 30

Lab Notes

Find all of Witchcraft Mary's diaries. 30

A Revolutionary Idea

Find all of General Turner's diaries. 30

Set Them Free!

Open all Demon Doors. 40

alanp9
02-25-2011, 04:35 AM
Those seem pretty simple and straightforward. The usual story-based ones and some collectibles.

I'm curious about "Open all Demon Doors" though. I wonder if that includes all of the ones for the standard game and not just the DLC? Can't remember if I did them all to begin with since there weren't any achievements for them (at least not that I remember).

XBL Unreal
02-25-2011, 04:40 AM
Right about now I will take any DLC to give me an excuse to put this game back in. March 1st is close as well :D

Inebriated Jedi
02-25-2011, 05:19 AM
Those seem pretty simple and straightforward. The usual story-based ones and some collectibles.

I'm curious about "Open all Demon Doors" though. I wonder if that includes all of the ones for the standard game and not just the DLC? Can't remember if I did them all to begin with since there weren't any achievements for them (at least not that I remember).

Fable II did the same thing. It added an achievement for opening all the doors through DLC, but it didn't add any new ones. I'm assuming this will be similar.

Hawaiian
02-25-2011, 06:23 AM
Fable III: Traitor's Keep DLC Trailer

Son of Kyuss
02-25-2011, 07:03 AM
Looks pretty good from the trailer. It'll be interesting to see what's been going on in Albion since the events of Fable 3, what with your decisions as King/Queen and the prospect of electricity becoming the main source of power and the next step of Albion's future.

Fireproof Medic
02-25-2011, 07:05 AM
Yaaaaay for DLC with achievements

Kyton912
02-25-2011, 08:19 AM
i agree with medic i'm just excited there is achievements this time around and i'm hoping just like in fable2 if you have all the doors open it pops once you load up

Toams07
02-25-2011, 11:03 AM
Anyone else noticed the possible reference's in ''Diary of a Sad Man'', ''I, Robot. You, Idiot'' and ''Clockwork Island''?

rhamana
02-25-2011, 01:52 PM
I'm really pleased with this, bought MSP this morning for my RDR DLC and realised I have enough points left over to buy this as well :D More bleep bloops for me :D Can't wait for March 1st now :D

FakkmeisterSWE
02-25-2011, 01:58 PM
not worth it imo

Cyberfire
02-25-2011, 03:21 PM
More collectible achievements. :(

bigbear2face
02-25-2011, 04:35 PM
More collectible achievements. :(

Seriously. I think the Devs are like "HAHAHA Everyone and their Mother is bitching about the collectible achievements...LETS ADD MORE! HAHAHAHA!"

Insomnia5623
02-25-2011, 05:24 PM
I personally like collectible achievements because they add playtime. I hate Borderlands' collectible ones though. The damn drop rate for those are so low -_-

bigbear2face
02-25-2011, 05:51 PM
I personally like collectible achievements because they add playtime. I hate Borderlands' collectible ones though. The damn drop rate for those are so low -_-

Dude your sig is breaking my browser.

On a serious note: I don't mind one or two collectible achievements but when you start having 4,5 or 6 of them like in Fable 3 it gets ridiculous. They end up being a boring grind and drain the fun out of a game instead of enhancing it.

AgEnT STARZz
02-25-2011, 06:30 PM
It looks pretty interesting! I cant wait!

Dan.Pro
02-25-2011, 06:39 PM
This looks awesome and there is 250g more to add to my gamertag! Perfect! First day buy for meh :D

JONBLEACH
02-25-2011, 08:35 PM
Its so much more worth it 250 points for only 560 MSP
Knothole island was 800 MSP and i think u got way less gamerscore from that one.

i was expecting this to be 800 but 560 is a steal

Jellybean468
02-26-2011, 12:16 AM
This is a bargain. Much better than the rip-off Hot Pursuit DLC's, will be getting this instead of that.

ThousandLegs01
02-26-2011, 12:27 AM
I have EVERY fable 3 DLC except the female highlander costume (just cos) so I WILL sure as hell be getting this :D (>-_-)><(-_-<)

TrishTheDish
02-26-2011, 12:49 AM
On a serious note: I don't mind one or two collectible achievements but when you start having 4,5 or 6 of them like in Fable 3 it gets ridiculous. They end up being a boring grind and drain the fun out of a game instead of enhancing it.

Exactly, all collectibles are fast becoming is a way to artificially inflate the length of the game instead of taking the time and effort to create anything unique or original.

KuShNsTieN
02-26-2011, 04:37 AM
just got the game now to buy more msp lol.. so many dlc's so little time

Shadowboxer99
02-26-2011, 06:04 AM
Exactly, all collectibles are fast becoming is a way to artificially inflate the length of the game instead of taking the time and effort to create anything unique or original.

Ehh, to each their own. I actually enjoy collectibles. I HATE achievements that require working with people on Live though.

Beagle Ninja
02-26-2011, 06:05 AM

I completely agree. Theses kind of go forth and gather x amount of stupid feathers/guns/flags/stars/etc adds nothing to the game, but it sucks up so many extra hours. Hours that I could be spending on other games and achievements.

Quickdraw
02-26-2011, 11:17 AM

its so true, on just cause 2 i would have to travel all over the island either destroying or picking stuff up in order to get 75% complete for the achievement if they forced me to do 100% i would be very unhappy.

the dlc looks decent i prolly have some spare points to give it a try, hopefully its not as fail as the dlc before it, it can't suck as bad as that im sure.

ParsleyParsnips
02-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Yay! Was wondering when there was gonna be a DLC for this game that included cheevos! Always an excuse to put this epic game in, was getting bored :)

JONBLEACH
02-26-2011, 09:50 PM
Yes Knothole was 800MSP and only gave us 100 gamerscore
While See the Future was 560 like this one and gave the same 250 gamerscore.

this one has less achievements i think and more collectibles but im in either way

Dangerous Brian
02-27-2011, 01:06 AM
Yes Knothole was 800MSP and only gave us 100 gamerscore
While See the Future was 560 like this one and gave the same 250 gamerscore.

this one has less achievements i think and more collectibles but im in either way

Can't wait for this. I don't mind collectables because if you like the game, playing it for longer is a GOOD thing.

P.S. I'm glad someone else likes Bleach, I was beginning to feel alone.

Snoop QC
02-27-2011, 06:38 AM

Yeah, good achievements. For your question, I think it will work like Fable 2, I had opened all demon doors when the game was released, when I loaded my game with the DLC, the achievement just poped. Assuming there will not be new doors!

Devolon
02-27-2011, 10:25 AM

Agreed, except that fable is the exception to that rule IMO - their collectibles are usually fun and easy to find.

And nothing beats the garden gnomes - I had so much fun hunting them, I actually felt a bit sad when I was about to shoot the last one of them (but then he said something about my mother lol).

Anyway, this DLC looks substantial, and yet it costs "only" 560 MSP, which most of the time translates into 1 hour of gameplay, at best. Fingers crossed, I love this game, and hope that Lionhead will respect their fans.

FSparacino4
02-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Agreed, except that fable is the exception to that rule IMO - their collectibles are usually fun and easy to find.

Other than the gnomes, what other collectibles do you consider fun?

Quickdraw
02-27-2011, 05:16 PM

gargoyles from fable 2!, oh wait same franchise!. id like to collect all the logs for dead space 2 cause i like the lore from the game. id read the books if my generation wasn't brain washed by tv/computers.

LiLBrOwNiE247
02-27-2011, 05:38 PM
I have yet to get the keys, gnomes, flowers, and book achievements. The main reason being that all of the enemies in the areas I need to go (The Reliquary, Mistpeak Valley) have been supercharged to be extremely annoying (white balverines in Mistpeak Valley, giant hollowmen in the Reliquary). If the enemies were in their regular form, it'd make getting collectibles less of a rigorous chore and more of an enjoyable treasure hunt.

OT: Let's hope the diary collecting achievements are as easy as the book achievements in the Knothole Island DLC. There were only 6 or 7 books and all in easy locations.

stevebaker28
02-27-2011, 07:49 PM
I can't wait for this! Seems ages since the game was released. Understone fell a little flat too. I just hope the collectables don't involve other live players. I'm still trying to find someone to help me out with the gun one! And I only just got the clothing one this morning (thank you Destorath666) just such a pain!
But yeah, I'll be getting this on release day and looking forward to it very much XD

Quickdraw
02-27-2011, 08:14 PM
i felt understone was going to be one of them good/bad choices to help for money to the throne.

corysf9ers
02-28-2011, 12:33 AM
[QUOTE=Shadowboxer99;403009 I HATE achievements that require working with people on Live though.[/QUOTE]

couldnt agree more. the last thing i want to do is rely on some kid to get my achievements.

JONBLEACH
02-28-2011, 01:03 AM
Understone is a waste of money. anything without cheevos attached is a waste unless its a CoD map pack with replayability.
I didnt buy the MW2 maps cuz 1200 msp for no cheevos is a waste.

Devolon
02-28-2011, 10:20 AM

I liked the books, some of them were funny, and most of them were well-written. The flowers were a non-issue, as the dog found most of them for me as I was exploring Aurora. And I didn't have any trouble finding the keys.

bigbear2face
02-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Understone is a waste of money. anything without cheevos attached is a waste unless its a CoD map pack with replayability.
I didnt buy the MW2 maps cuz 1200 msp for no cheevos is a waste.

Ok you hit my pet peeve button:

(Start Rant)
MAP PACK DOWNLOADS FOR FPS GAMES ARE CRIMINAL ACTS. These fucking things are a joke. 5-10 years ago during the heyday of PC shooters these things were ALWAYS free. I can't believe that companies are now charging people for them. It wouldn't be as bad if they were only charging 200-400 MSP per pack but they are charging 800-1200. Its fucking criminal. The sad part is that there are idiots out buying these things and encouraging the companies to keep doing it.
(End Rant)

Toams07
02-28-2011, 05:29 PM
The sad part is that there are idiots out buying these things and encouraging the companies to keep doing it.

There are also idiots who keep buying overpriced content packs encouraging companies to keep overpricing..

colindy
02-28-2011, 06:20 PM
I liked the books, some of them were funny, and most of them were well-written. The flowers were a non-issue, as the dog found most of them for me as I was exploring Aurora. And I didn't have any trouble finding the keys.

I also enjoyed collecting the books since most had amusing titles at least.

Had to check a guide for that one flower in shifting sands, but otherwise flowers were accessible.

A key in the Reliquary gave me some grief, but otherwise not bad.

Surf idols in Surf's Up, now that is a different matter!!;)

Dcon6393
02-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Ok you hit my pet peeve button:

(Start Rant)
MAP PACK DOWNLOADS FOR FPS GAMES ARE CRIMINAL ACTS. These fucking things are a joke. 5-10 years ago during the heyday of PC shooters these things were ALWAYS free. I can't believe that companies are now charging people for them. It wouldn't be as bad if they were only charging 200-400 MSP per pack but they are charging 800-1200. Its fucking criminal. The sad part is that there are idiots out buying these things and encouraging the companies to keep doing it.
(End Rant)

I agree, but play games on the PC and you can get tons of mods and maps for free for most games anyway. I do think they should lower the prices to 400 msp for a map pack. Getting 3 maps in Halo for 10 bucks is ridiculous. It only takes them so long to make the maps because 90% of the team is off working on the next project. No need for 10 dollar price points.

jpg30
03-01-2011, 03:23 PM
there's a rumour that the free soldier uniform on the marketplace is in fact the traitors keep DLC that has been put on by mistake i have already downloaded it free and it's on my memory at 816 mb.

don't know if someone can confirm this as true, i hope so as it means i have got it for free.

Quickdraw
03-01-2011, 04:37 PM
816mb sounds a lot for a simple costume, well too much. what fable 2 uset to do was add parts of the new dlc as free dlc to entice people to pay for it, could have been something like this maybe?.

Son of Kyuss
03-01-2011, 04:46 PM
816mb sounds a lot for a simple costume, well too much. what fable 2 uset to do was add parts of the new dlc as free dlc to entice people to pay for it, could have been something like this maybe?.

You hit the nail on the head. They just disguised the Traitor's Keep Free DLC as the Free Soldier Outfit. It has all the data for Traitor's Keep but it's locked until you buy it, the point being to allow people who have downloaded the Premium version of Traitor's Keep to play with others who have not downloaded it or don't plan on downloading it.

Quickdraw
03-01-2011, 04:51 PM
You hit the nail on the head. They just disguised the Traitor's Keep Free DLC as the Free Soldier Outfit. It has all the data for Traitor's Keep but it's locked until you buy it, the point being to allow people who have downloaded the Premium version of Traitor's Keep to play with others who have not downloaded it or don't plan on downloading it.

yeah its a good way of enticing people to do it im dling the free one atm, altho im certain ill buy it do the achieves proc on the site un like the dead space ones which currently don't work, don't wanna have to go through again and achievement/re load my profile.