PDA

View Full Version : How many discs will this game be.

scrummers
02-25-2011, 12:23 AM
Anyone know? I get the feeling it is going to be at least 2 discs if not more. EA and Bioware games lately have been 2 disc. At least the ones i have bought Mass Effect 2 and Dead Space. Not that it matters just curious.

HLR zdmetal
02-25-2011, 01:09 AM
I'm guessing only 1, otherwise all the people that bitched about ME2 would be bitching now.

The Pants Party
02-25-2011, 03:36 AM
Yeah, I imagine if there was more than one it would have been announced by now.

MasterKingz
02-25-2011, 04:45 AM
I actually hope its on more than one disc.

OceanH
02-25-2011, 06:56 AM
Yeah, I imagine if there was more than one it would have been announced by now.

Dead Space 2 is 2 discs but nobody knew until they got their hands on it.

KirbyTheAlmighty
02-25-2011, 08:34 AM
Dead Space 2 is 2 discs but nobody knew until they got their hands on it.

This is true.
I honestly don't care how many discs it is.
The demo was fantastic, so I'd be happy either way.

surreal_82
02-25-2011, 09:07 AM
Hey FF13 was 3... i remember the days of having 4-5 disks for some games, if there is more content than can fit onto 1 disc and they decide to use 2... i dont understand why people complain, surely you would prefer more content in a game rather then less... seems a rather silly concer to be honest, used to love the older FFs and knowing your a good portion through the game when you have to change disc!

FSparacino4
02-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Hey FF13 was 3... i remember the days of having 4-5 disks for some games, if there is more content than can fit onto 1 disc and they decide to use 2... i dont understand why people complain, surely you would prefer more content in a game rather then less... seems a rather silly concer to be honest, used to love the older FFs and knowing your a good portion through the game when you have to change disc!

It's because people will find anything to complain about these days. Some people are so lazy that swapping discs takes up just too much time in their oh so important schedules. My favorite complaint about DS 2 was "i have both discs installed on my HDD, why the hell do I have to switch discs. Thus game sucks!" You still need the disc in for single disc games that are installed, why the hell would games that are multiple discs be any different?!

Games have evolved so much since the days of Atari, yet people are still going to complain about things that should be overlooked.

Stevey Boy2006
02-25-2011, 12:49 PM
Yeah number of discs is a non-issue really, I mean- its not too much effort to get up and change them over

ADenton109
02-25-2011, 01:35 PM
Hoping for one disk that walk from the chair to the xbox is so long!

twhiting9275
02-25-2011, 03:07 PM
I don't see this as being a 1 disc game. Why? The demo itself would take up (close to) 1/2 that disc. You can bet this is a dumbed down version of the game, so if a demo takes up that much, it's going to be more than a 1 disc game.

MasterKingz
02-25-2011, 03:14 PM
I don't see this as being a 1 disc game. Why? The demo itself would take up (close to) 1/2 that disc. You can bet this is a dumbed down version of the game, so if a demo takes up that much, it's going to be more than a 1 disc game.

The demo was about 1.2gb and a standard dual layered DVD is about 9gb max, thats not even a quarter but the point still stands the demo seamed dumbed down. Most games on 360 these days are double disc.

twhiting9275
02-25-2011, 03:26 PM
The demo was about 1.2gb and a standard dual layered DVD is about 9gb max, thats not even a quarter but the point still stands the demo seamed dumbed down. Most games on 360 these days are double disc.
I'll give you the dual layered bit, forgot all about that. The demo itself though, for the 360 (just checked) is 2 gig.

Breeding
02-25-2011, 03:27 PM
I would guess it'll be 2 discs. I would love it if you installed all the discs you could just leave the first disc as a check and keep playing..

adz5000
02-25-2011, 04:22 PM
I would bet this will be on 2 discs.

A Dual Layer DVD is roughly 9.2 GB (I think)

Then the demo itself was a whopping 1.92GB (X360)

Also, Dragon Age Origins was 7.9 GB.

So I would think, and hope, that Dragon Age 2 will be as long, if not longer, than Dragon Age Origins and that with more dialogue and much better graphics that this 7.9GB will be much larger.

So, I would say that there may be 2 discs. However after the complains in Mass Effect 2 they may just swueeze it onto one.

OceanH
02-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Those who like Games On Demand specifically complains about multiple discs, having to get up and change discs, having to go outside to buy the game, should see their complaints in this very website.

Still, it's progress. There should have been no reason we shouldn't have been prepared for mass storage. Microsoft limited the computer RAM to "4GB" on Windows XP and we, PC enthusiasts, complained a lot.

Microsoft is going the environment-friendly with those cases with "holes" to reduce plastic use, but then again, you have more and more games needing more than 1 disc, therefore more plastic.

TacticalElusion
02-26-2011, 01:03 AM
I don't mind the idea of 2 discs (more included content, less paid DLC) the only problem is that my Xbox seems to be dying and it now takes a minimum of 5 trys to get any disc to work (usually more like 10)

Eternaltriumph
02-26-2011, 01:13 AM
Oh boy, Tactical...that's a problem I had with my last xbox. :/ If your warranty is expired, there's an awesome youtube video on how to open your xbox yourself, and opening the case for the lens is childs work once the case is off. Two weeks after finishing the lens, it started to E-74 though so...just be wary. @_@

On topic, I agree and hope it's two disks. It seemed like it's going to have a great story; banking that they don't skimp and cut parts out to fit it on one disk. Full experience, pl0x.

scrummers
02-26-2011, 03:19 AM
I'm not complaining i am just curious. Doesn't bother me either way. Plus i think i read on these forums that DA2 was going to have like 103 mins of cut scenes which is a lot and will most likely mean more then one disc. Anyways i just want this game to come out already.

FSparacino4
02-26-2011, 06:55 AM
I am guessing it will be at least 2, maybe even a 3 disc game due to the game's graphics and large volume of cutscenes.

Pieville
02-26-2011, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it's two discs, considering the fact that the story spans across 10 years, second thought I wouldn't be surprised if it's 10 discs!

1 disc = 1 year :p

Thaek
03-01-2011, 12:54 PM
I would bet this will be on 2 discs.

A Dual Layer DVD is roughly 9.2 GB (I think)

Then the demo itself was a whopping 1.92GB (X360)

Also, Dragon Age Origins was 7.9 GB.

So I would think, and hope, that Dragon Age 2 will be as long, if not longer, than Dragon Age Origins and that with more dialogue and much better graphics that this 7.9GB will be much larger.

So, I would say that there may be 2 discs. However after the complains in Mass Effect 2 they may just swueeze it onto one.

A 360 Disc can only hold a maximum of 6.8GB of game data because of the copy protection beeing used.

MasterKingz
03-01-2011, 08:06 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it's two discs, considering the fact that the story spans across 10 years, second thought I wouldn't be surprised if it's 10 discs!

1 disc = 1 year :p

OH MY SWEET TITTY LOVING CHRIST! Nooooooooooo! :O

A 360 Disc can only hold a maximum of 6.8GB of game data because of the copy protection beeing used.

That explains so much... no really it does, i am not being sarcastic here, at all. Okay maybe abit but (its still interesting) no sarcasm there.

i need to cut back on my sarcasm...

13ip0lar
03-01-2011, 11:24 PM

Considering there hasn't been a 'ton' of games that have had multiple discs, and considering all DA:O was and it was on one disc, I find it highly unlikely that it will be more than one. The only time the game was presented in two discs was for the DLC when you purchased the Ultimate edition, which I did. So yeah...

Dark Knight1990
03-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Quite honestly I don't care how many discs the game will ship with. I'm confident Bioware is giving us a complete and lengthy game regardless.

padraiglovesyou
03-03-2011, 06:01 PM
I think it's only gonna be 1 disk

Ethereal235
03-03-2011, 06:14 PM
I hope it's two-discs content-wise, but I also hope they allow you to install them in a way that means you don't have to switch them out.

It sucks that I'm behind at work and have a bunch of homework to do next week. I guess next week will be driven by caffeine and will-power.

Chaosx721
03-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Its 1 disc.

iToastMan
03-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Its 1 disc.
I agree that this is probably the case, but did you get this from one the developers or something or are you just presuming its one disc?

Chaosx721
03-04-2011, 12:48 AM
I agree that this is probably the case, but did you get this from one the developers or something or are you just presuming its one disc?
No, I know for sure its going to be one disc.

Dark Knight1990
03-04-2011, 01:14 AM
Well do you think you could at least tell us HOW you know this? You are kinda dancing around the subject now.

Chaosx721
03-04-2011, 02:09 AM
Well do you think you could at least tell us HOW you know this? You are kinda dancing around the subject now.
What subject? He asked if I heard it from a developer or if I was just guessing, and I said no, but I know its 1 disc. It really doesn't matter how I know, its going to be 1 disc and if you don't believe me you'll all find out by Tuesday.

KillerChris8814
03-04-2011, 03:49 AM
What subject? He asked if I heard it from a developer or if I was just guessing, and I said no, but I know its 1 disc. It really doesn't matter how I know, its going to be 1 disc and if you don't believe me you'll all find out by Tuesday.

Since you want to be difficult the subject is how do you know it is one disk, if you already got a copy fine, but how do you know, because I could say it was going to be 40 discs and say I just know and with no explaination on how I may know I'd look like I was pulling it out my ass.

Chaosx721
03-04-2011, 05:15 AM
Since you want to be difficult the subject is how do you know it is one disk, if you already got a copy fine, but how do you know, because I could say it was going to be 40 discs and say I just know and with no explaination on how I may know I'd look like I was pulling it out my ass.
Friends of mine got the game early so I asked. Just trying to be helpful, no need to get all upset.

KillerChris8814
03-04-2011, 07:07 AM
Friends of mine got the game early so I asked. Just trying to be helpful, no need to get all upset.

Thank you it just seemed like you were going out of your way to not answer the question they were obviously attempting to ask.

Chaosx721
03-04-2011, 07:45 AM
Thank you it just seemed like you were going out of your way to not answer the question they were obviously attempting to ask.
I was mainly trying to avoid the whole, "Who's your friend? How did they get it? Where did they get it? What's their GT?" you know the many of question of getting something early.

KillerChris8814
03-04-2011, 09:02 AM
I was mainly trying to avoid the whole, "Who's your friend? How did they get it? Where did they get it? What's their GT?" you know the many of question of getting something early.

I could understand you telling them get fucked about that as that's really none of their business. It just seemed you were trying to be an ass acting like you didn't understand their question, when they just wanted to know how you could know how many disks there were. That's why I pointed out I could say whatever and if I didn't have some form of proof of what I was claiming and just did the I just know thing it would look like I was making stuff up.

OceanH
03-04-2011, 09:06 AM
... It just seemed you were trying to be an ass acting like you didn't understand their question, when they just wanted to know how you could know how many disks there were. That's why I pointed out I could say whatever and if I didn't have some form of proof of what I was claiming and just did the I just know thing it would look like I was making stuff up.

^This.

/10charactersrequirement

Chaosx721
03-04-2011, 09:55 AM
I could understand you telling them get fucked about that as that's really none of their business. It just seemed you were trying to be an ass acting like you didn't understand their question, when they just wanted to know how you could know how many disks there were. That's why I pointed out I could say whatever and if I didn't have some form of proof of what I was claiming and just did the I just know thing it would look like I was making stuff up.
Your right, my response was a little dickish, and I'm sorry, didn't mean to just wanted to not have to throw my friends under the bus kind of thing.

So from what they told me it is 1 disc for the 360. I hope its a long game, not that having another disc makes it super longer. I kind of can't wait to play it since after playing the demo.

BloodGodAlucard
03-04-2011, 11:36 AM
I thought I would show some tangible evidence that it is in fact 1 disc. Here is a video. It's not mine btw.

YouTube - Dragon Age 2 - XBOX 360 / PLAYSTATION 3 UNBOXING - EXCLUSIVE

Snowwwwy
03-04-2011, 11:37 AM
I think it'll just be the one.

judd90
03-04-2011, 11:38 AM
It is one disc, I got the game today.

13ip0lar
03-05-2011, 08:35 AM

No, I know for sure its going to be one disc.

I remember seeing his post and thinking about asking "Well how can you be so sure?" Only to see that has happened and dude was a total douche-bag about it.. lol

Way to take kids trying to logically reason something and take it as a personal attack... didn't make you look less credible or trying too hard at all.