PDA

View Full Version : slight of hand help

fuzz n ga
02-25-2011, 02:18 PM
im on the quest for bouncer where you have to steal from the three gaurds can anyone give me some pointers on stealing because i fail everytime and its getting annoying

rrapp00
02-25-2011, 03:43 PM
How I do it is a wait until the inside small snake and large outside snake are about to line up, then I follow them in a circle until the middle snake lines up...works for me everytime and I only have 3 points into theivery.

Arsenic 17
05-17-2012, 05:26 AM
How I do it is a wait until the inside small snake and large outside snake are about to line up, then I follow them in a circle until the middle snake lines up...works for me everytime and I only have 3 points into theivery.

Thanks for this tip...this really made me see that the mini game is actually controlled and not just chaos as I was seeing it beforehand.

For this achievement, as soon as I got the skill, I just put all the points in Thievery. This guarantees you will at least have a chance to steal each attempt, as it gives you enough time to encompass one full extent of the cycle. There is always one, and sometimes two chances to succeed per attempt. A

Took me about 30 minutes to get this achievement. I just found an area in Hatmandor where two merchants were across the street from one another and kept going back and forth to people on each side, always saving before an attempt. Also, I found that the patterns are not random...i.e if you fail one time and reload the same person will still have the same snake setup (which was hard and you fail). Some setups are inherently hard, especially the ones where the alignment occurs just as the game begins. It does repeat but I found tricky to still get it the second time around. If you fail, just find another person to steal from nearby. Simple. Reloaded my save and never put a point into thievery again! :]

Stealing is pretty much pointless as you barely get any gold at all. The amount you get should scale to your level, but it doesnt.