PDA

View Full Version : This game is terrible

xDEATHDEALERSxx
02-26-2011, 01:12 AM
:eek: This is one of the worst arcade games to ever be released!!!:chair:uzi:....Your thoughts?

Corrosivescott
02-26-2011, 03:16 AM
It's fun, but not for every one that's for sure. I do like it but it's way out there it is for sure an arcade game no real skill is needed to master it. Will be an easy 200 just a lot of time is needed the races take 10+ minutes each and I just made it to the Pro mode and there are 16 race's in it and about double the laps, makes me wonder how much more the next mode will have.

TheRock420RVD
02-26-2011, 03:04 PM
yeah it's alright, I got it yesterday.. definitely gonna be able to get all 200g I think, just gonna take some time.. all you gotta do is finish every race, I guess it doesn't matter what position you finish in.

Corrosivescott
02-26-2011, 04:44 PM
Derby mode sounds like fun, but I have not got it unlocked yet any ideas how to unlock it?

nateeasy
02-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Derby mode sounds like fun, but I have not got it unlocked yet any ideas how to unlock it?

I'm not sure but I think maybe by finishing all the Time Trial races. Im going to test that theory when I get home tonight.

Do you know if there is a list of the challenges anywhere? I cant find one.

I have enjoyed the game a lot so far. But I can see why someone would call it terrible. It does a lot of things bad. But I'm still having fun.:woop:

OldWIKI TIK
02-27-2011, 03:46 AM
To unlock the derby race you have to win the last championship series, or at least finish it. The only one I have left is the challenges, and I have no idea which one/ones I am missing... :mad:

Balc0ra
02-27-2011, 04:35 PM
To unlock the derby race you have to win the last championship series, or at least finish it. The only one I have left is the challenges, and I have no idea which one/ones I am missing... :mad:

I thought the challenges where the same that unlocked vinyls and paint jobs?
Since they want you to crash, wreck, pit, drive offroad and what not.
Once you completed one of em you will be notified during the race.
It does say how much you have completed em if you look at the different vinyls and paint jobs. But the Challenges for both are the same it seems. You just need 2x the amount for vinyls as you do for paint.

That's what I am assuming for now anyway and will focus on completing those until some one can confirm that those are not the challenges.

As for the game. Well the graphics are not the best. The constant tire squeal noise when having the hood cam or the bumper cam on is really annoying. Its there 100% of the time even if you drive slow with the foot of the gas.

But the rest I like. Reminds me of the old Nascar arcade game SEGA had years ago. Music is great to. Only song it's missing is Gimme some loving by Spencer Davis Group. That song was good in the movie when Cole had its streaks of bad luck and Harry was having Ice cream in the pits so Cole could not come in. Other then that I guess its above average. Easy 200 points "if you can find one person to do MP with" I guess, but Michael Rooker's voice during the races can be a bit annoying at times as he comes up to often IMO.

OldWIKI TIK
02-27-2011, 05:11 PM
You are correct, I did not repost last night. I had no intention of customizing or making a new car so it took me forever to find that out. Game done. I thought the game was decent at some things but in the 8 hours of driving that I had, it froze my box up 7 times. To me that is annoying.

nateeasy
02-27-2011, 06:12 PM
I thought the challenges where the same that unlocked vinyls and paint jobs?
Since they want you to crash, wreck, pit, drive offroad and what not.
Once you completed one of em you will be notified during the race.
It does say how much you have completed em if you look at the different vinyls and paint jobs. But the Challenges for both are the same it seems. You just need 2x the amount for vinyls as you do for paint.

thanks for this info

nappster187
02-28-2011, 02:52 AM
I thought this game was actually pretty fun. I loved wrecking the other cars and if you're a racing fan it gets the job done IMO.

mikeszetec
02-28-2011, 01:26 PM
This game is good and an easy 200, dont let the trial fool you

you need to master and learn the controls and do the upgrades to get the most of it lol.

Steakslave
03-03-2011, 05:52 AM
:eek: This is one of the worst arcade games to ever be released!!!:chair:uzi:....Your thoughts?

This game has the absolute worst production values of any game I've ever played on the service. How did they let this thing slip by? It's like an indie game, no forget that - I've played better indie racers. At one point another car was bouncing around the track like a pebble on a lake. N64 visuals and sound? Not only should it have been free, they should've released it on April 1st...

Ayx
03-11-2011, 06:17 PM
This game has the absolute worst production values of any game I've ever played on the service. How did they let this thing slip by? It's like an indie game, no forget that - I've played better indie racers. At one point another car was bouncing around the track like a pebble on a lake. N64 visuals and sound? Not only should it have been free, they should've released it on April 1st...This.

The trial is suppose to reel me in for the bite (Like Torchlight and Raskulls did, I wasn't going to bite at first but their trial got me into it.) and after I thought this was NASCAR 1998 I felt this a waste of a release.

Even though TNT Racers felt like a N64 game too, at least it's graphics were up to date.

AssassinDK
03-19-2011, 11:14 AM

You know, sometimes statements like that are more convincing if you actually put forward some arguments. I know how people rate a game is subjective, but calling it one of the worst arcade titles and not saying why is a bit superficial, don't you think?

I actually enjoyed the game, and found thhat it had a few qualities that most racers in general are lacking. People can complain about the controls all they like, but how much time did they spend trying to get used to them? I had no problems at all with the controls once I had played for about 10 minutes. You have to remember, that even though this is an arcade racer, you are still racing in Nascar's, which are not known to be the most nimble cars around. You have to make small adjustments, and release the gas for certain parts of tracks. And tyrewear actually makes a huge difference in this game.

But here are the things I think make this game worth the price.

- It's actually fun, without being monotonous
- No two races are the same
- The AI actually crashes and make mistakes, and NO rubberbanding

I know the graphics and sound are not particuarly good, but since when did that have any bearing on whether a game is fun or not?

So I'll agree with the people in this thread who thinks the game is fun. That should be the most important criteria to which any game is measured. Fun!

QUEBECslayer28
03-19-2011, 08:33 PM
I used to play this game back then on NES, I think I even rented it a couple of times but now I do realise it's terrible and the driving is pretty anoying. I regret the download, 10$ i'll never see again.

Turdboi
07-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Agreed, worst game ever!!!

kirbalicious
07-29-2011, 12:06 PM
just finished this game and really enjoyed it. steering does require a 'loving' touch but only needs practise ppl, do soon get sick of the same 6 film quotes (that are all outta context or just not accurate really) tho