PDA

View Full Version : was it worth the wait

wozza1971
02-26-2011, 12:34 PM
hey guys want some opinions from you lot. like so many others i got kinnect when it came out. but now starting to think should i have waited. sure dance central and kinnect sports are lots of fun. but looking at the future release schedule has left me wondering. a brain trainning clone hmmmm not sure. then we got a game that looks truly awful and has been done before in be in the movies or whatever there calling it. star wars could be ok!! but come on dance games and keep fit games surely there's more to it than that

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
02-26-2011, 12:42 PM
well it has potential to do alot more. but developers are probably lookng at the wii market and want in on it

DPMO
02-26-2011, 07:47 PM
i personally dont thin it was worth the wait they should have waited longer on development

wozza1971
02-26-2011, 09:38 PM
yeah my point exactly with all the launch games there's about 5 exercise games i think 3 dif dance games 3 dif sports type games only 1 of which is worth playing. come on game dev people lets come up with some proper ideas before i put my kinect in the cupboard to gather mothballs

RichXbox360
02-26-2011, 09:42 PM
I am addicted to bowling on Kinect Sports, and Boxing also rocks! Beats the pants off anything on the Wii IMO.

wozza1971
02-26-2011, 09:49 PM
yeah well like i said kinect sports and dance central are the best games just looking at the release schedule i don't see much out there

EmptyOne
02-26-2011, 09:59 PM
My family played with Kinect Adventures when we first got it it. Nothing for Kinect has been in the XBox since then. I kind of wish I hadn't bought it, and bought the one with the Hard Drive instead.

Mawingu21
02-26-2011, 10:06 PM
i like the kinect, but yeah... i really dont know about its future. i think its gonna go the same course as the wii, a few great games but a lot of junk... i was going to wait, but got it as a gift so i wasn't complaining.

wozza1971
02-26-2011, 10:26 PM
well if we wanna see more gamey type games surely you need more periphials than just waving at the screen. guns to point at the screen etc there are other threads elsewhere saying what sort of this and that do you wanna see on kinnect. im just saying look at the release schedule people only thing that even slightly raises my eyebrow is children of eden and the star wars game. anyone else seen something i may of missed

Matt9340
02-27-2011, 05:29 AM
I personally think it was. I was skeptic at first until I tried it. Sure it can be worn out after playing it forever but at the same time its less of a gimmick than the Wii is (This coming from a Nintendo fanboy). Sure it is glitchy but at the same time it is almost spot on.

Yoostar (the game you are talking about being like in the movies) is just going to be ridiculously fun and insane. In the movies is going to pale in comparison to this game. The Kinect beats the Vision cam any day.

The next big hit for the Kinect is going to be the Gunslinger (or w/e the title is by Twisted Pixel) it is really going to show off what the Kinect can do and this is all going to be from an Arcade Title.

Also the Star Wars game does have potential and is the main reason I bought the Kinect.

I am completely satisfied with my purchase and enjoy Kinect Sports immensely either by myself or with my one friend online.

wozza1971
02-27-2011, 04:37 PM
the gunslinger game sounds like it could be fun. but youstar really don't float my boat unless it's cheap as i suspect it'll be 40 quid+. and will wear it's welcome out in a matter of days unless you always play with a big group of mates.
i guess it's still new and time will tell but i thought microsoft would still be ramming down our throats what's to come but just seems all a bit quiet

alklein35
03-08-2011, 01:22 AM
I enjoy my 3 Kinect Games (Adventures, Sports, and Your Shape: FE). Definitely there will be better games to come along, especially Gunslinger (XBLA on-rails cartoon shooter, looks awesome). But I definitely think that it kinda sucked that the ~10-15 release games only consisted of 3 categories (2 if you count the dance games in the sports cat.)

CAT4
03-08-2011, 07:22 AM
Money is not an issue to me, but a good time to buy the kinect was around black Friday. What I wish the box had said was that you would need 6 sq ft space to play.

JeJans
03-08-2011, 10:37 AM
I love my kinect! Using that way more than the Move to ps3. Got 4 games: adventure, your shape, dance central and biggest looser. The first 3 are great, biggest looser not so much. But i think it could be a great year for kinect.. at least i hope so!

DarkReign2021
03-11-2011, 04:37 AM
I bought the Kinect at Launch and so far I've played Joy Ride, Kinectimals, Kinect Adventures, Dance Central, and Fighters Uncaged. Kinectimals was cute and is fun to put in once in a while. KA and DC are both enjoyable as well. as for JR and FU, they can burn in hell. Nothing else I've seen is worth playing so far.

As was said, the Kinect needs more peripherals. I understand it's being marketed for Hands-free gaming and I know the 360 controller would never work with the Kinect, but there's a reason the Wiimote was designed the way it was. It made hand movements simplistic. MS needs to change their marketing pitch and, at the very least, develop a nunchaku clone to give us an analog stick and maybe 3 or 4 buttons for basic functions. This thing won't survive long on rail shooters and mini-game compilations. Fortunately Steel Battalion and Star Wars both have some potential as does Children of Eden and a couple of the other announced titles, but there's not nearly enough to expect yet (and MS is surprisingly mum on any exclusives that are in the work.)

On the bright side, we all know Peter Molyneux is working on SOMETHING for the kinect. Plus John Carmack (the DOOM guy) has said he's throwing around ideas and wants to make a game for it as well, so that's bonus potential. Now we just need to get the arcade games to start implementing the kinect so we can get some small, budgeted titles to enjoy with the kinect in between big releases.

biteuk
03-12-2011, 04:23 PM
i must admit, i love kinect, however, i have a young child, so really and truely, target market, TICK!.

that being said, i do like yourshape, i enjoy adventures, and will be spending a bit more time on this in the next few weeks trying to get the achievementsup to scratch. but for the serious gamers, lets hope future games in relation to kinect come in the slightly more hardcore variety eh?

wozza1971
03-13-2011, 10:51 PM
i can't see add on being released as how many millions has ms spent on advertising it being hands free gaming

terraphim
03-15-2011, 06:50 AM
not gonna lie, have not touched it in about 3 months... it just sits there and collects dust..

at the time i loved it, and now i cant find the effort to play it, prefer just sit on my toosh :P

Jeckdaddy
03-15-2011, 11:13 AM
I dont know about you guys, but I got mine for christmas, and played it non stop for a few days after. Since then, i've played Kinect Sports probably twice in the new year. While it is cool to have, I just dont get a whole lot of use out of it.

RockWhore
03-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Sadly I haven't bothered to use mine since the New Year. I do enjoy it, but when I get home from work and fancy an hour or two of gaming I really can't be bothered to jump around the room like a fool.

Child of Eden does look pretty awesome though. Here's hoping there will be some great titles that will encourage me to use it more!

(or maybe I'm just far too lazy!)

BL00DXxX
03-15-2011, 02:09 PM
I have young children, and was the only real reason I bought it( and obviously I love "new" toys :P), although was fun for a while, my kids lost interest long before I did.
Was thinking about getting rid but I know if I do a game will come out that I just have to have, and have to get it back again. So while it sits there un-used and un-loved, Iam hoping something really special comes out soon, Very soon.

wozza1971
03-15-2011, 10:44 PM
well from reading different reports it looks like this year could be pretty thin on the ground it's looking more likely next year will be the big year for kinnect. so question is should ms kept hold of it a little longer and perfected it till some truly five star titles were about

Xenialshot
03-16-2011, 05:16 AM
it blew my miine!!! lol

Xenialshot
03-16-2011, 05:17 AM
I have young children, and was the only real reason I bought it( and obviously I love "new" toys :P), although was fun for a while, my kids lost interest long before I did.
Was thinking about getting rid but I know if I do a game will come out that I just have to have, and have to get it back again. So while it sits there un-used and un-loved, Iam hoping something really special comes out soon, Very soon.

true!
every true its amazing at first then just just... its just there after a while

Snowwwwy
03-16-2011, 07:41 AM
it blew my miine!!! lol
Did it blow it so much that you forgot its spelt 'mind' not 'miinne'? Haha?

patricky90
03-16-2011, 10:49 PM
My family played with Kinect Adventures when we first got it it. Nothing for Kinect has been in the XBox since then. I kind of wish I hadn't bought it, and bought the one with the Hard Drive instead.

I will second this!!! :(

Foxxy kyle
03-18-2011, 12:01 AM
I love the Kinect and im glad i got it

Ivanich E Ringpiece
03-24-2011, 06:22 PM
IMHO
I think they have done brilliantly..
Its the only human controlled game player thats affordable that I know of so far...
I am sure developers are looking at new games..
I just hope they make a shooter for it

annnge
03-25-2011, 03:10 PM
We waited for a bit after it came out, but I kind of regret it now. Though I like some of the games, it is not as impressive as I originally had thought. Sometimes the camera is way too sensitive, and other times it has a hard time picking up movement. I also don't like the fact that sun light can mess up the camera and make it not respond.

Ivanich E Ringpiece
03-25-2011, 06:13 PM
Thing is not to place it where sunlite will hit the lenses...
But you gotta admit, Kinect is the only true full body human interface that is on the market to date....
I aint gonna knock it coz it's way better than holding a stick and waving it around like a looney lol

CJHacker00
04-04-2011, 03:52 PM
I'm happy with my purchase. I know games will be slow to be released, but that will always happen to someone when they're an early adopter of technology. I used to buy all new consoles on day 1, and it was always the same with those too. You can only look for a couple of good titles on initial release, but the good titles will be a good year out at least once people understand the technology and use it to it's full (or at least 1/2 of it's) potential.

One thing that I really wish, is that we could control more of the dashboard with the Kinect. I want to be able to browse and controll my network stored movies and music with the Kinect, and browse the marketplace, etc. I'm not sure why these frontend items were ready to work with it on rollout, but I'm sure it'll come with time.

Snowwwwy
04-05-2011, 01:12 AM
I havent got my own Kinect but played it a few times and Im already bored of it. Thats just me tho. Everyones different I guess. Just depends.