PDA

View Full Version : Kinect VS Wii VS Move

Brune
02-26-2011, 08:23 PM
For those of you who own more than 1 of these..... which one do you enjoy the most?

Mawingu21
02-26-2011, 08:35 PM
I have both a Wii and Kinect... Both are very fun, but Wii has more of an established library. Gotta see what the Kinect will offer in the next year or so. Technology wise Kinect FTW, but the Wii is what really is responsible for the what we are seeing today. While I do not have a Move, it really is just a Wii HD with no software. I know no one who owns a move either....

Matt16594
02-26-2011, 08:39 PM
With wii and move being quite similar it would have to be kinect because it is something different and also i have kinect and a wii and far prefer the kinect system just need more games :)

Mawingu21
02-26-2011, 08:57 PM
With wii and move being quite similar it would have to be kinect because it is something different and also i have kinect and a wii and far prefer the kinect system just need more games :)

Don't forget, the Wii was something different when it came out too... There was never really a great game that really made the Wiimote necessary though. We will have to see what the Kinect can do as far as actual games and not just minigame compilations.

Mike19x
02-26-2011, 08:57 PM
the kinect becuz u don't hav 2 buy anything else xtra cuz the kinect has everything in it

Necrosis102
02-27-2011, 07:49 PM
I haven't buy kinect yet

Then why the FUCK did you post?

If you keep spamming, you're gonna get banned. I've reported a few of your worthless posts already

x MrsMassacre x
02-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Kinect. The Wii and Move have to have the controller things, whereas the Kinect is just the kinect itself and your body. Much better. My kids like the Kinect much more than the wii too.

AssassinGnome
02-27-2011, 08:25 PM
i have the wii i like the games but i tried the kinect on best buy and i felt in love since well you dont use controller if i had the money i would buy the kinect.

JeJans
02-27-2011, 09:02 PM
Kinect! Bought Move before kinect and it was fun for a while but i havenīt touch it for months now.

branishere
02-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Then why the FUCK did you post?

If you keep spamming, you're gonna get banned. I've reported a few of your worthless posts already

calm down it's only the internet

Dz06lt
02-28-2011, 01:08 AM
NONE, motion controlls are shit no matter which flag they fly under

scarface
02-28-2011, 02:17 AM
Neither Move or Kinect. I feel like a total fool when I use them. Especially with Kinect.

silentlybroken
03-01-2011, 03:45 AM
I selected kinect because I absolutely love it.

I liked the wii, but kinect just.. works for me and I'll even play it with other people around, which is new to me as I usually feel too self conscious and like an utter moron.

Richards Gee
03-03-2011, 01:15 AM
Kinect Owna

Watty8883
03-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Never tried move but kinect beats wii hands down.

Mantra
03-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Wii = Having stuff in hand (sometimes in both) with a wire connecting them, works in small spaces

PS3 = Having stuff in hand, works in small spaces

XBOX360/Kinect = Absolute freedom, seemless control, needs ample space to be used

I vote Kinect

OWL WATCHER
03-04-2011, 07:13 PM
I think that the Kinect is innovative as its the first proper NEXT GEN HARDWARE advance. With its NO contoller action and put in with the voice recognition is fab.

Opiate42
03-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Okay disclaimer time: I don't actually own any of them but have played them all and have to say I am the most impressed with the Kinect. It was a lot of fun playing the various sports games on it and the sensor tech is incredible. Using it to control your dashboard interface with movements and voice commands is great. Seeing some of the productive applications for it since it's been hacked has been incredible.
YouTube - Quadrotor Autonomous Flight and Obstacle Avoidance with Kinect Sensor

The move is just a Wii copy and the Wii is the Wii. Great for Mario and Zelda...but can't attach it do flight control of an autonomous helicopter!!

I still can't get over the Move device looking like a vibrator. It's quite funny.

Only issue with kinect is space, in a low ceiling basement....mind your head.

solo07
03-04-2011, 07:30 PM
I have wii and kinect and i can safely say anything with motion controls is complete garbage.

silentlybroken
03-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Only issue with kinect is space, in a low ceiling basement....mind your head.

My brother will second this one after nearly concussing himself on a light fixture due to being so tall and the light fixture being quite low.

It is times like that I pride myself on being a short arse.

jakepeter11
03-06-2011, 10:04 PM
I have both a Kinect and a Wii. As of right now I prefer the Wii just because you can access everything faster and not have told your arm out to the left to pause. But this might change later as it gets better and better.

Blood Wolf347
03-07-2011, 12:43 PM
I prefer the Kinect, Wii friggin sucks other than Pokemon Battle Revolution (Im a Pokemon Nerd) D:

alklein35
03-08-2011, 01:20 AM
I own Kinect and Wii. I prefer the Kinect, but maybe just because I don't feel like buying all my Xbox 360 games for the Wii, so all I really have to play on that are Wii, SSBros:Brawl, and all my favorite old gen. games. But honestly, I think the biggest thing is that the Kinect actually requires you to move. Example: Wii Golf, I don't actually have to golf. I just flick my wrist and do awesome. In Kinect Sports, you actually have to move, because it bases it on your body made of 23 points, not 1 single spot on a controller. I've played Move, and I love some of the games, just don't like the ball on the end...

JeJans
03-08-2011, 10:41 AM
I would say kinect because you donīt need anything in your hand. Sure, in tennis games i maybe prefer Move but all the fitnessgames are way better with kinect. And i really think that kinect gonna have a great future. I prefer to play my regular games on ps3 with my regular controller. I donīt use move for killzone etc. cause itīs easier with just the controller. But i think if kinect can use kinect AND a controller that would be sooo awsome!!!

judd90
03-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Kinect and Move are pretty close but I got to give it to Kinect.

DarthSoth
03-08-2011, 05:28 PM
I own a Kinect and sold my Wii to buy it. So that right there should tell you where my preference is.

I have enjoyed the Kinect games at least as much as I enjoyed the Wii games I had, but the future of the Kinect has me much more excited. Really looking forward to Gen 2 and 3 of the Kinect games to really see the dev's go to town with the system's capabilities. I'd love to see them combine the kinect and the controller on some games as well, using voice and controller combinations. They've had this ability with the headset until now as well but I'd really like to see them utilize it more now. Just utilizing the voice stuff with Kinect in general would be nice to see. They have only really used the motion on it's own so far.
Even a mix of controller and motion could be pretty sweet in stead of just tacked on Motion portions in some games.

Opiate42
03-08-2011, 09:17 PM
My brother will second this one after nearly concussing himself on a light fixture due to being so tall and the light fixture being quite low.

It is times like that I pride myself on being a short arse.

Haha! My brother in law did almost exactly that!!
;)

Snowwwwy
03-09-2011, 01:55 AM
Im gonna go with Kinect.

Witchdoctor1
03-10-2011, 09:15 AM
I was not thoroughly impressed with the Wii and the game selections it has. The graphics seem dated compared to the other next-gen systems, and every game for it seems to be geared strictly for casual gamers. As far as the Move goes, it is like Wii, for the PS3. In the games I have played I noticed a large amount of lag between the controller and system, as well as a few bugs/crashes. Am I the only one who had these happen? The Kinect is so much different compared to the other two. It has truly revolutionized gaming. I only home many, many more games will support the Kinect, and feel that a full-length and content FPS or RPG built for the Kinect would be absolutely amazing.

Huzzah
03-11-2011, 06:57 PM
It's really hard to compare the Kinect with the others. It's really different, not having the controller. The games can really make it so you do the work. I have a Wii and enjoy it. Has some of the best party games, but you can definitely half-a$$ it when playing the games. I really enjoyed the Wii Sports and like to get the full feel of the baseball and tennis games. But really you can just sit there and barely swing.

Kinect will put your entire body into the game.

I've never played the PS3 move, but honestly, completely no evidence, but feel like it's just a copy of the Wii with better graphics.

Huzzah
03-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Though the one thing I'm a little disappointed with the Kinect- Netflix isn't integrated yet, and they were talking about that at E3.

Ntmre
03-12-2011, 11:59 PM
I have always enjoyed the Wii but the range of the Kinect is really incredible. Can't wait to see what the future holds, I read that microsoft is working on lip tracking for singing games.

oopsISHOTyoface
03-13-2011, 05:07 AM
I have always enjoyed the Wii but the range of the Kinect is really incredible. Can't wait to see what the future holds, I read that microsoft is working on lip tracking for singing games.

agreed. i've always loved the wii and how it revolutionized the game industry but than kinect came along and made the wii look like an old atari with it's range and capabilities. they have barely even begun to tap into to the immense possibilities and potential that the kinect brings to the table. i'm stoked to see what comes along out of the kinect in the future.

EvdK
03-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Kinect for the capabilities.

That was dumb 2
03-14-2011, 12:56 AM
i have a wii and had recently bought wii fit and that night after the baby went to sleep i started up the game, went through most of the setup stepped on the board and was promptly told that i was to big to use it, i exceeded the weight limit and the game started over. So there i was, one thirty in the morning with a hundred dollar paperweight. It's very embarassing to explain to a cashier that your returning the product cause your to fat. Two days ago i was in a game store and watched a video about the kinect and the your shape game. I bought both. hooked it up and burned several hundred calories in the first hour. i am extremely happy with the kinect and the fact that its only limited by you.

oOBOYCIEOo
03-14-2011, 03:56 AM
Kinect needs more 3rd party games of better quality

Lil Miss Nikki
03-14-2011, 09:30 AM
Has to be Kinect, the whole not needing to hold anything and it still picks your movement up I think is great :) also with your whole body being brought into the game instead of just movement of your hands makes it alot more accurate I feel. I have children whom enjoy playing on the console and out of the Wii, Playstation Move and Kinect they have got on more with Kinect but when my children where playing either the Wii or Move they always got fed up of having something on their wrist whilst playing.

patricky90
03-16-2011, 10:58 PM
I have them all, and I personally think playstation move is better than the others, sorry guys.

Foxxy kyle
03-17-2011, 11:58 PM
Obviously Kinect

JeJans
03-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Overall the kinect! but i think that some games are and working better with the move. Compare fighters uncaged and the fight... the fight is waaaaay better. It could be the game devīs fault thought

xSimpleDesign
03-18-2011, 04:10 PM
I've gotta say the Kinect too, I've played all three but only own the Kinect and it's a real laugh if you have enough space.

The Wii is fun aswell, although a lot of the games make it seem like you're masturbating which of course in a big group makes it even funnier.

Ivanich E Ringpiece
03-24-2011, 06:16 PM
Deffinately Kinect for me..
I sit on the sofa when playing Wii and just wiggle my arms around...

Off the subject....
How do you put the pictures at the bttom of your posts..
Message me pls

M!ke
03-26-2011, 11:58 AM
THe WII gets big props from me as it was all brand new & has brought in alot of new gamers, but in order for Kinect to take over it needs the games to back it up.

Ivanich E Ringpiece
03-26-2011, 12:02 PM
I've gotta say the Kinect too, I've played all three but only own the Kinect and it's a real laugh if you have enough space.

The Wii is fun aswell, although a lot of the games make it seem like you're masturbating which of course in a big group makes it even funnier.

ROFLMAO
my thoughts exactly lol..
My friend has Wii and we had a few games on it. He did all the movements while just sat there twiddling the controller... I got higher scores for some reason lol

JeJans
03-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Im a big fan of the fitnessgames and i have used all of the above to my help. And kinect is the best because you donīt have to use any controller in your hands.

themizarkshow
03-28-2011, 02:07 AM
I have a Wii and Move, and have played Kinect at a buddies place quite a bit. Gotta say I prefer the Move. It feels like the best of both worlds, requires less space (which is great for my setup), and is more geared towards the kind of gaming I prefer to do (aka, sitting down).

The kinect does have some great potential to it though. We just need to hope that Microsoft and other 3rd party people don't just leave it to die like the Wii's accessories have had done to them.

slh7848
03-28-2011, 02:15 AM
the kinect of course!! u r the controller!!

jules the great
03-29-2011, 03:53 PM
I have all three systems but not the MOVE. The MOVE just seems like Wii with HD. Wii is cool and all but my KINECT is the best. I love being able to move my hand around and control the menus. And dont forget the voice recognition! I love being able to pause a movie with my voice! KINECT just needs a bigger game library.

Chipsonfire
03-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Never tried move but kinect beats wii hands down.
This, though admittedly the last time I used a Wii was when it was still in it's infancy (weeks/months after it was released). I just got a Kinect and I absolutely LOVE it. Me and my gf played it for hours and I had to make her stop so she could study for her tests and I could work on my Thesis lol. Graduating > Kinect :p

jcsix
03-29-2011, 06:00 PM
I have never played Move, but personally the Kinect is much better than Wii. Its not my type of thing but pretty much all of it is better, but then again I don't really like these type of stuff.

monyei
03-29-2011, 07:29 PM
I must go with Kinect... I think it's the most revolutionary and dynamic. I even use it for exercise myself.

PauLov3r Z
04-04-2011, 02:07 PM
no matter what they say, kinect's kickin' arse!!

RodneyNips
04-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Kinect all the way. Played it for 4-6 hours straight with my friends. Dunno about Move, wasn't ever really interested since it is almost literally an HD Wii whereas kinect is at least a little more original :)

RenegadeFlanker
04-06-2011, 05:24 PM
All I know is that Wii loses.

bigboui
04-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Personally, I enjoy Kinect the most. I can't look past the fact that with Kinect I do not have to have anything in my hands at all.

DDDLOTS
09-24-2011, 09:47 PM
Does anyone remember the Power Glove or Eye Toy? I'm not saying the Wii and Move are bad, but both companies (Nintendo & Sony) have experimented with motion control before and their new stuff doesn't seem much more advanced than what they were working with in the past. Kinect, however, came out of left field and makes motion controls feel modern. For that reason alone I vote Kinect.

jaman1020
09-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Does anyone remember the Power Glove or Eye Toy? I'm not saying the Wii and Move are bad, but both companies (Nintendo & Sony) have experimented with motion control before and their new stuff doesn't seem much more advanced than what they were working with in the past. Kinect, however, came out of left field and makes motion controls feel modern. For that reason alone I vote Kinect.

I agree, I think that there is a lot of room for improvement off of the Kinect, but it was the first motion controller that really felt "futurey." I personally still like to sit on my ass and move as little as possible when I play videogames though...

sleepydumbdude
09-24-2011, 10:54 PM
Kinect then move. I don't really care for move but I like having a controller sometimes it just feels weird being total motion controls sometimes I just want a button. I can't wait for steel batallion maybe it will change my mind.
I hate the wii the only games I play on it are ones that you can use a controller on. Most of the games I play on it I think this would be much better if a button did this intead of me having to spin the nunchuck or do something with it.

softerxsin495
09-28-2011, 05:01 AM
I own both a wii as well as the kinect, however, I find it very difficult to try and compare the two as the wii does have a remote, and with the kinect your body pretty much serves as a controller. I get a completely different experience from playing each console. I do enjoy playing games on the wii, I've found it to be very fun when playing with family and some friends. As far as the kinect, I did enjoy a few of the games so far, and it has been fun, but it is a lot more exhausting with all of the jumping around and what not, so I can't play as long, and I feel the games on the kinect are far more tedious than the ones on the wii, at least out of all of the games I have played thus far. but again, for me, two completely different experiences, both enjoyable in their own ways.

Chrinst
09-29-2011, 12:24 PM
Had the Wii for 3 weeks and got rid of it, only enjoyed Zelda. The Kinect on the other hand is very fun, but needs more of a library with good games. Loving the Gunstringer though :D

TheVaughnster
09-29-2011, 06:34 PM
i have the Wii console and rarely play it anymore, how is the Kinect? the games for it seem to be crap.

MC B0B x360a
09-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Its not even close. The Kinect is like a ferrari, the wii is like a 5 year old honda, and the move is like a car at the junkyard that already went through the crusher.

otaking live
09-29-2011, 08:22 PM
I keep reading all this love for the Kinect. However every review of the games I've seen say it's crap. All I hear is how unresponsive it is. Is all that just bs? Or has there been some updates that made it more responsive. Can't even count the Kinect games that got a 1 out of 10.

The Wii on the other hand seems to control quite well for me.

Tommy D
10-04-2011, 09:39 AM
I have both the Wii and the Kinect and the Kinect is a lot more precise.

MC B0B x360a
10-04-2011, 05:37 PM
I keep reading all this love for the Kinect. However every review of the games I've seen say it's crap. All I hear is how unresponsive it is. Is all that just bs? Or has there been some updates that made it more responsive. Can't even count the Kinect games that got a 1 out of 10.

The Wii on the other hand seems to control quite well for me.

I think alot of it depends on your space. Kinect does require a large open area to be efficient. I have a very large open space so it works well for me.

Spade.
10-05-2011, 02:06 AM
Kinect is overrated IMO. Wii is the best.

DarkScytheX
10-10-2011, 01:59 AM
I have played the Wii and Kinect, I prefer Kinect by far since it does full body tracking and the overall ability with voice to control the console is pretty great. Though I can't wait for an update to control the entire console fully by voice. That would be pretty awesome!

GZBxScarfacex94
10-23-2011, 08:15 AM
I remember buying Kinect on day 1 of the launch. I love everything about it, but the lag. I fit didn't have any lag, it would sure to be on top of Move and the Wii by a mile. I should have expected this though since it was new technology, but hopefully it goes really far, for it is the future of gaming.

andywheeldon
10-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Kinect will have a bright shining future if developers start to incorporate force feedback accessories into new titles. Guns, sport gear, body suites to imitate impacts etc.

artlan
10-24-2011, 02:10 AM
For right now, I much prefer the Wii - but that may/will likely change over time as the game library/content for the kinect grows and matures. The full body tracking has a lot of promise, despite being a bit imprecise and lags at times. In any event - I certainly do enjoy the kinect as it is now :)

UltimateWarrior
10-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Kinect is the best in my Opinion.

MediumMelanin
10-24-2011, 03:49 PM
I think the Kinect is the more advanced of the other two. I have the Wii and Kinect, but Move is sorta ruined because of the weird remote.

ydnarrocks
10-30-2011, 09:24 PM
I have a WII, but gotta go with the Kinect.

SoullessPG
11-16-2011, 01:35 PM
I have a WII, but gotta go with the Kinect.

Kinect is awesome!!! I am waiting italian language support with the next dash update!

ztardani
11-19-2011, 04:39 AM
I've got a Wii and a Kinect. I'd say that the Kinect is more fun because your body is actually interacting with it. Not some White Stick lol.

NoPayneNoGame
11-24-2011, 02:58 PM
The Kinect is the best hands down!!!!!

ziggyvixie
12-04-2011, 06:15 PM
i only own the kinect but i've used the others and the kinect does it a little better with the graphics and no controller thing it's got going on but it still needs work. can't wait till i get rise of nightmares though, looks good.:Bounce:

DxxxRules
12-14-2011, 03:55 AM
Kinect is better, you don't risk destroying your TV with a Wii or Ps3 remote

DxxxRules
12-14-2011, 03:58 AM
Man Breaks His TV with the Wiimote - YouTube

TheoryOfDisordr
12-14-2011, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by xWhitespade100x
Kinect is overrated IMO. Wii is the best.What does thehttp://www.imo.org/_layouts/1033/STYLES/IMOBranding/logodarker.png (http://http://www.imo.org/Pages/home.aspx) have to do with anything?

Kinect definitely depends on a larger space for improved functionality. But regardless of that fact, Kinect is much more technically advanced and a better piece of hardware then both of the other options.

Stickboy46
12-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Kinect is the most immersive because it requires the most effort and picks up ALL your body parts. Wii is just a basic motion sensor. So comparing the dance games, you can just flail around on Wii and get a decent score. You do that on Kinect and it will fail you. Never tried Move so cant comment

ihateumush
12-19-2011, 05:36 PM
kinect ftw

gregd396
12-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Totally, Wii only cares what your hand is doing so it's easy to cop out.

Staesia
12-30-2011, 05:38 AM
I have to say that I haven't played Move yet, but I have played both the Kinect and the Wii. The Wiii has such weird sensors that it makes it very difficult to play Wii Sports games. It works for the boxing game, but the other games like Tennis and Golf are really not very easy to play. The Kinect has a lot better sensors. I love playing Bowling and Tennis with the Kinect.

Musashinoki
01-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Kinect is the best.

Musashinoki
01-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Agree with you

Musashinoki
01-01-2012, 05:09 PM
But when my wife played kinectimal ,shi kicked my light on the wall

Musashinoki
01-01-2012, 05:10 PM
My wii has been sold

Musashinoki
01-01-2012, 05:10 PM
But both of them are not better than controller

JessUK98
01-01-2012, 06:41 PM
I have played all three. I had a wii but sold it and currently have the PS Move. The Move is better than the wii as it is more sensitive. The kinnect is good but I found it a bit laggy which lets it down. I am toying with the idea of getting a kinnect but my living room isn't all that big. It also doesn't have a very big collection at the moment and thus far is limited with the types of games that you can play (and it seems geared more towards families with kids). I like the move as you can play games like Killzone 3 using it. So there is much more variety open to you with the PS Move. At the end of the day I suppose it depends what types of games you want to play. The Kinnect is probably best if you want to play dance & sport games without having to hold anything, and the PS Move is better if you want to play a variety of different games.

IH E A V E IN
01-10-2012, 01:04 AM
kinect by far dont need anything to play

ChickinOnaChain
01-10-2012, 02:23 AM
On an Xbox forum, it's no surprise Kinect would win. Even if I wasn't a "fanboy"...I guess I am...I'd have voted for it.

hydrosugar
01-11-2012, 06:15 AM
The PS Move is trash. (IMO)

The Kinect has better motion sensing technology than the Wii, however the Wii uses what it does have so much better. Based on that, I'm gonna have to say the Wii. Get back to me when there's a Kinect game as good as Skyward Sword. :D

DarkMageII
01-17-2012, 05:21 AM
I have only used kinect and wii and I think the movements in kinect are far better.

zacchief118
01-20-2012, 12:31 AM
Kinect for me. Although i like to play with a controller most of the time i like kinect because you dont have to use one and it includes voice commands.:eek:

Foxxy kyle
01-20-2012, 03:21 AM
I think people who have played all of them would vote kinect. Even if they dont own an xbox.

Lil Welshy 84
01-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Kinect for sure, although it does take a while to load up and once you've finished a game going to replay takes ages (Kinect adventures!) Liked the wii but found it as something you would play in a group for a laugh, Kinect I'm taking quite seriously!

Lil Welshy 84
01-20-2012, 05:18 PM
Also loving the achievements which Wii never had.
Only just bought an xbox, have ps3 too but not bought move as it seemed like the wii with the controller and there wernt a great deal of games advertised

Hanseas
01-23-2012, 10:07 PM
well i wont vote, should be another option...

I enjoy kinect and wii, with JUST DANCE...

Its funny, but with kinect when are playing 4 players, maybe u get a mess.

I vote for kinect and wii :P

Candaar
01-24-2012, 09:54 PM
I'm playing a lot Your Shape Fitness Evolved: 2012 with my girlfriend and my brother sometimes and I must say Kinect is quite awesome. I can't imagine holding a pad and doing push-ups :P

LankstaTDOT
01-25-2012, 05:50 AM
wii is for kids / amateurs!

DxxxRules
01-25-2012, 06:06 AM
Kinect hands down... You don't need a remote

MetalHead84
01-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Kinect > PS Move > Wii
I never like the Wii, my girlfriend's parents have one, and I find it so hard to control.
Move is a bit ahead of the Wii, but since I got an Xbox with the Kinect I never replay with my Move, it's sure it's not perfect, sometimes it doesn't detect correctly, but playing without any controllers is a plus, no need to worry to break something :P

fargoncalves
02-19-2012, 04:36 AM
I selected kinect, absolutely.

Lady2handz
02-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Haven't played the move but I'd still vote for the kinect because you don't need a controller.

TheRequiem95
02-20-2012, 08:37 PM
The Kinect is better for my kids, but games like Metroid Prime Trilogy, Zelda Skyward Sword and House of the Dead: Overkill give the Wii the clear advantage in my opinion. The Kinect just doesn't have any game that lend themselves to long play sessions.