PDA

View Full Version : Still on first island, help me with combat??!!

Epycenter
02-27-2011, 02:33 PM
Hi
So I'm still on the first island, and I've just finished the quest where you have to go get whatever it was to help the Orc mage get the teleport things working.

I'm level 3, I got the leather armor set from the cutscene after the Orc Bridge, I've got a ranged, melee, and mage item/weapon set. I've put a most of my points in strength, a few in dexterity, and I've put some into block breaker.

So far combat has been easy, I usually just spam RT and B and they die quickly. I'm exploring the rest of the island (maybe I shouldn't do that yet) and I've come across a group of 3 Groms up on a hill that are simply obliterating me. I mean like 1 and 2 shotting me even though I have my guard up.

Is there an "auto target lock" feature that I'm not seeing? When there's multiple enemies I feel like I'm all over the place and having trouble not getting hit from the sides, or does the combat feel this sloppy the whole game?

Is there a dodge or roll or get outta the way command? I haven't figured one out.

Basically when I see enemies approach, I hold LT, wait till they get done swinging and spam RT and B. They die fast, no problem, but these guys are just crushing me. I don't even have time to drink a potion. They are not named or red or anything, I just don't get it.

Thanks

entropyMaker
02-28-2011, 07:04 AM
Hey Epy,
These particular Groms are at a much higher level than your character and it would be wise to leave them be until you have leveled up a bit. It isn't necessary that you kill them to continue on with the main quest. I had the same trouble. These guys will beat your dick in the dirt and go right back to lunch or whatever the fuck it is Groms do.
Hope this helps brother

Mike Conno
03-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Exactly, they are level 12, 17 or something in between. Don't come back until you are level 15. Then you'll be the one cleaning the floor with them.