PDA

View Full Version : Fire Arrow Kills Not Counting?

Zenith94x
02-28-2011, 01:53 AM
I have been trying to get the 30 fire arrow kills achievement and have been killing many warthogs and ostriches. The only problem is when I check my reputation log the fire arrow kills counter is still at 5 and is stuck there. Should I just continue or is it glitched?

fuzz n ga
02-28-2011, 02:07 AM
you dont kill them with the actual arrow they have to die from the fire ring that comes out just shoot beside them

Zenith94x
02-28-2011, 02:12 AM
Wow I didn't even notice, thanks for clarifying.

fuzz n ga
02-28-2011, 02:25 AM
not a problem i did the same thing

JONBLEACH
02-28-2011, 04:18 AM
its actually not that true, i was still able to hit them dead on and still get kills count towards the cheevo

fuzz n ga
02-28-2011, 05:08 AM
well arent you the lucky one

Zenith94x
02-28-2011, 11:30 AM
I think it has to do with the impact. The impact of the arrow does damage, and then the fire that comes out does damage. So as long as the impact doesn't kill them, and the fire does, it will count.

fuzz n ga
03-01-2011, 12:20 AM
yes sir as long as they die from the fire your golden

Patrick Kerr1
03-01-2011, 12:57 AM
A friend told me today his stopped counting at 9, It popped for me.

Mike Conno
03-01-2011, 04:36 PM
The best way to do it is to pop some skill points on Fire Arrow until you can make some area damage (4 will do it, I think). Since animals like baboons, cheetahs, warthogs and ostriches have a little amount of hp you will be able to kill them with just the fire damage. Try aiming your arrow not at the animals but to a place in the ground near them. Vultures and seagulls count as well. I must have killed 10 animals with fire arrows before scoring the first fire arrow kill. All the time I was wondering what I was doing wrong and if the game was bugged.

Thrawn526
03-03-2011, 08:00 PM
The best way to do it is to pop some skill points on Fire Arrow until you can make some area damage (4 will do it, I think). Since animals like baboons, cheetahs, warthogs and ostriches have a little amount of hp you will be able to kill them with just the fire damage. Try aiming your arrow not at the animals but to a place in the ground near them. Vultures and seagulls count as well. I must have killed 10 animals with fire arrows before scoring the first fire arrow kill. All the time I was wondering what I was doing wrong and if the game was bugged.

That's exactly what I had to do. I had given so much damage to my arrows normally that they were killing the creatures rather than the fire effect. Eventually I put enough training to have the fire burst effect and just shot beside the normal animals to get the achievement.

Zenith94x
03-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Well I plan on being a warrior so I don't really want to put too many points into fire arrows.

Thrawn526
03-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Well I plan on being a warrior so I don't really want to put too many points into fire arrows.

You can always put points into to get the burst effect, get the achievement, and then talk to those guys who return your points in return for a bit of cash.