PDA

View Full Version : Anders Speculation - Imported World

Razzazzika
02-28-2011, 07:09 PM
SPOILERS if you haven't beaten awakening. Or, I guess, beat awakening a certain way.

Am I thinking into it too much, the dragon age II site describes Anders as this:

Anders, the light-hearted rebel mage from Dragon Age: Origins, Awakening, has changed. Urged by his friend Justice to fight the Circle of Magi more actively, Anders agreed to become Justice's human host… only to find that his anger at the Circle warped Justice into the demonic spirit of Vengeance. Now Anders must struggle mentally and physically to maintain his control over the demon within... at least long enough to see the Circle of Magi overturned forever.

But in my imported game from awakening, Justice died valiently while fighting at Vigils Keep, while Anders was miles away fighting the broodmother with me. I don't quite see how Justice was able to easily make the jump to Ander's body. So if i'm using my save game to 'Import the world' as it were, how the heck is Justice gonna get in Anders' body?

iToastMan
02-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Im thinking they will just do a little patch up like they did with awakening if your warden died?
I was thinking what if on this aswell :O

PhantomNemesis
02-28-2011, 07:47 PM
I can't remember the full description, but I believe that Justice was assumed to have 'died' in the idea that he appeared to have been killed, but because he was a spirit trapped in Kristoff no one knew for sure whether Justice was dead, just Kristoff. Meaning, Justice's spirit could have somehow found Anders and completed the merge.

But still, it's an interesting thought, maybe Bioware might just be lazy and give some lame answer to how it happens, hopefully they give some good reasoning to it.

jnthn87
02-28-2011, 07:55 PM
This seems kind of lazy to include Anders possessed by justice, Especially if i spend my time making sure origins ended a certain way. I hope they have a better explanation in the game.

iToastMan
02-28-2011, 09:04 PM
Actually i guess they could do it the way phantom suggests, because he didn't die on mien and it says that kristoff showed up at his wifes door and just seemed to drop dead, assuming anders wasn't with him at this time he would of had to find him :)

Magicman10893
03-01-2011, 04:14 AM
From the Game Informer article is says that he is possessed by Justice, but his anger at what he finds warps Justice into Vengeance. I assume that means that when Justice "dies," the host body was destroyed but the spirit went back to the Fade and found Anders again at a later point. Also it didn't explicitly say that it was the same Justice, it just a Spirit of Justice possessed Anders. So there are a multitude of options available. What I was wondering was: couldn't Anders die in one possible ending? Maybe I remembered wrong, but I thought you could end up with Anders dead. Although I assume now that he is only character that couldn't either be killed or abandoned, like Oghren.

Komrade Vasilevsky
03-01-2011, 06:48 AM
Im thinking they will just do a little patch up like they did with awakening if your warden died?
I was thinking what if on this aswell :O

Right - if your Warden sacrificed themselves, you played an Orlesian Warden in Awakening. Perhaps they'd simply have it be a different spirit of Justice combined with Anders? Already sounds like he's going to be unrecognizable.

iToastMan
03-01-2011, 07:32 AM
Right - if your Warden sacrificed themselves, you played an Orlesian Warden in Awakening. Perhaps they'd simply have it be a different spirit of Justice combined with Anders? Already sounds like he's going to be unrecognizable.

Nah they didn't, they just popped your warden back in with no explanation :)
And yeah, i didn't think about it but i guess it could just be a different one lol xD

bmakar83
03-02-2011, 07:47 AM
He just better still have Sir Pounce-A-Lot.

Pieville
03-02-2011, 08:11 AM
He just better still have Sir Pounce-A-Lot.
That's exactly how I feel, I wouldn't care about Ander's back story, all I care about is Ser Pounce-a-lot .

Though this is from the Dragon Age Wiki
Anders mentions Ser Pounce-a-lot if given to him in Awakening, and that the Wardens made him give up the cat to a friend in Amaranthine because it made Anders too soft, and almost get torn in half by darkspawn

Though hopefully you travel to Amaranthine and get Ser Pounce-a-lot back.

bmakar83
03-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Pfft, took away his kitten and his un-tempered rage turned a spirit from Justice to Vengeance. Nice going Wardens...:mad:

iToastMan
03-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Bloody wardens, taking away the poor kitty.
Going to amaranthine to get him back would be so epic :D

13ip0lar
03-03-2011, 12:18 AM
All I remember about Anders is how much I hated his flamboyantly gay ass. I much rather have the chick you start with at Awakening live than Anders. Just my 2 cents...

scrummers
03-03-2011, 08:36 AM
i remember reading after i beat Awakeing tha Justice stayed in Kristoffs body for years. Then went to visit his wife on day and when he saw her he left his body so the wife could bury it. Also say the spirit hasn't been seen since. So idk seem unlikely