PDA

View Full Version : Naughty Bear DLC 10 achievements glitched?

silentlybroken
02-28-2011, 07:40 PM
I got this yesterday and tried the episode 10 out, completed it and didn't get the achievement.

Just tried again, this time killing Sunbeam w/ the costume as it tells me to and again didn't get an achievement.

I notice on the comments on the guide that someone else had the same problem with the Sunbeam achievement yesterday, which leads me to wonder if the achievements are currently glitched? :/

scorchedcascade
02-28-2011, 10:25 PM
Which leads me to wonder if the achievements are currently glitched? :/
Hi,
My brother had the same problem apparently its very common if you go here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=284497

and look at the "glitched achievements" section just above where it tells you what the achievements actually are it has a possible solution. He tried it and it worked for him.
Regards,

silentlybroken
02-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Thank you, I appreciate the link and will try that for the sunbeam problem.

Unfortunately that topic doesn't explain why completing the 10th episode didn't unlock an achievement for me :/

Lord Terentius
03-01-2011, 05:15 AM
Thank you, I appreciate the link and will try that for the sunbeam problem.

Unfortunately that topic doesn't explain why completing the 10th episode didn't unlock an achievement for me :/

This is perhaps one of the many reasons why we approach this game with such precautions regarding the glitches.

Even though it's a last resort, perhaps you could try deleting the entire chapter and resetting your cache and try again.

That seems like the only logical step to perform if it really is just a case of only needing to complete the chapter.

silentlybroken
03-02-2011, 11:34 PM
Considering I ignored episode 10 after I didn't get the achievements, maybe that would work. Now watch me end up resetting everything and losing everything ;p

What exactly does resetting my cache do?
I'm petrified of losing everything because I've worked damn hard on that game. Reminiscient of 99% complete on the spyro PS1 game - and my brother wiped my memory card /sob

Lord Terentius
03-02-2011, 11:42 PM
It's the temporary information stored on your 360 that's wiped.

Things like your GoW2 level rank were wiped if you resetted your cache.

You wouldn't lose your information if you transfer your saves beforehand onto a USB memory stick. Then you can transfer it back onto your HD once the deletion of resetting of your cache has been complete. Below is a decent link with an outline on how to perform a reset.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2252353_delete-cache-xbox-360.html

Failing that check out youtube and you'll find some detailed vids there.

Now once you've followed those steps, you'll need to 're-earn' or at the very least get a gold on the base-chapter. Don't bother with chapt 10.1 or 10.2 etc. I've heard getting Platinum cups also messes things up so just aim for golds for the time being.

I've not played chapter 10 yet, but I downloaded it. Then after hearing these stories subsequently deleted it again.

I'll download again it prior to Friday's boosting session and because I never loaded it up or played any of the MP or single player chapter, it shouldn't glitch on me.

Hope these suggestions work.

silentlybroken
03-03-2011, 12:13 AM
So I place my episode 8 and 9 stuff onto a usb pendrive, perform the reset, re-download episode 10, replay the first one but don't worry about 10.1,10.2,10.3,10.4?

Would I be better saving the entire game stuff to pendrive incase I lose all my episodes 1-> 7 stuff too? :/
Completely paranoid here.

I think I'm only missing one achievement from episode 9 - the get golds on everything one. So maybe I need to get off my butt and try and get that before I try and reset stuff because I just know I'm going to break something :|

These glitches are a nightmare..

silentlybroken
03-03-2011, 12:50 AM
Ok, so I formatted one of my usb pendrives, configured it for my xbox and saved my naughty bear stuff onto it.

I then opened up the link, did everything it said but it never reset the cache? Saying that, it gives me an option to clear the system cache without putting in that code, is that what I'm supposed to do?

Lord Terentius
03-03-2011, 01:02 AM
That link I gave you was for an older version of the Dashboard. Couldn't find a page with a more recent dashboard update.

However the option that was given to you about "clear the system cache" is the one you need to do. Confirm that you do want to clear the cache and proceed with the above as discussed.

Give it a shot now and see if that works.

And yes... better to be safe than sorry and save all of the save progress for the retail chapters of 1 to 7.

Here are a couple of links of how to resolve these glitches:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=284497

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=283404

Hope these help

silentlybroken
03-03-2011, 03:48 PM
You're a star, thanks so much. Hopefully I'll be able to sort it out today and get some achievements under my belt again. The glitches were really irritating me lol

silentlybroken
03-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Ok. I cleared the system cache, deleted 8, 9 and 10. Re-downloaded 10 and then tried again.

It forced me to do an update and I think that 3kb update is causing it to load the pre-saved DLC scores, which means the achievements are all staying glitched and I can't seem to work out how on earth to fix it, short of deleting absolutely everything and re-starting the entire game from scratch.

Really quite angry with it now, I just can't seem to get it to work no matter what.

Lord Terentius
03-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Ok. I cleared the system cache, deleted 8, 9 and 10. Re-downloaded 10 and then tried again.

From what I've read you need to do it the other way.

In other words... delete the DLC THEN clear the cache.

I honestly am not too sure of what else to do. If you have a mic then perhaps we can talk about it over the boosting session.

See you tonight :)

silentlybroken
03-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Tried that one too : (

I've tried every single way I can find to fix it and it haaaaaaaates me. LOL.

I doubt that we can talk over it tonight as I struggle with voice stuff due to being deaf : (

I'll keep meddling with it and hopefully something will fix. It's just not deleting the score at all, and I think that's why it's staying glitched. That 3kb update which refuses to let you sign into xbox live until you update it might be the problem :/

Lord Terentius
03-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Well we managed to sort out the MP stuff and after deleting the DLC and resetting the cache you managed to get them unlocked.

Hopefully those will be the steps needed to get it to work.

Keep me posted with your progress. It's never a pleasant experience when things like this glitch on you.

At the very least, we managed to get the MP achievements out of the way :-)

MissShewolf
04-18-2011, 03:22 AM
So, I am also having problems with the episode 10 achievements, I have finished the tenth episode yet didn't get the achievement, and I tried both sunbeam achievements.

I have tried everything you guys have suggested, but those achievements are still glitched, though I haven't tried the MP achievements as of yet.

Any other suggestions to get them to work would be awesomely appreciated!

:)

Park Diesel
04-18-2011, 08:14 PM
So, I am also having problems with the episode 10 achievements, I have finished the tenth episode yet didn't get the achievement, and I tried both sunbeam achievements.

I have tried everything you guys have suggested, but those achievements are still glitched, though I haven't tried the MP achievements as of yet.

Any other suggestions to get them to work would be awesomely appreciated!

:)

It has nothing to do with MP achievements, only with other DLC's.

If you are trying to do Chapter 10:
Delete every DLC pack you have (Chapter 8, Chapter 9, & Chapter 10).
Go clear the cache of your hard drive.
Re-download Chapter 10 DLC.

Now you can play and unlock all Chapter 10 achievements. If you download another DLC pack, you will be in the same situation again.