PDA

View Full Version : Diary of a Sad Man Glitched!

DeThStEeL
03-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Have all of Professor Faraday's Diaries, Can go into the Prison and read them but Achievement won't unlock anyone else have a similar problem?

Infection Ftw
03-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Not here=/ I did notice the achievements would pop up after the last one read and you see 5/5.

DeThStEeL
03-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Set Them Free! Also glitching on me all doors are open and no achievement. Before last door, game said I was 6/7 for achievement, after the last door was opened popped up 3/7 but all are open...

SkyJin
03-01-2011, 09:18 PM
I have the same problem with Set Them Free!, after unlocking the new door in the DLC it went to 1/7. Which is utter bullcrap, because all Demon Doors are opened.
I also tried to go through the others again and then go through the new door, didn't work either! :(

Please patch this!!!

EDIT! To stay on topic, all my collectibles chievos was working for me.

Ragnarok1986
03-01-2011, 09:20 PM
I had a issue unlocked the 7th door the msg stayed on until I quit/reloaded.

SkyJin
03-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Rangarok: But you got the chievo? My gf also had the chievo counter in white saying: Set Them Free! 7/7.

Ragnarok1986
03-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Have all of Professor Faraday's Diaries, Can go into the Prison and read them but Achievement won't unlock anyone else have a similar problem?

Rangarok: But you got the chievo? My gf also had the chievo counter in white saying: Set Them Free! 7/7.

Yeah I got it but it bug the hell out of me ;)

Joseph Oakley
03-01-2011, 09:37 PM
I also didn't get Set them free. I had opened all the other demon doors before but when I opened the one at the Keep I didn't get the achievement. I didn't see how many doors it said I had opened though.

SkyJin
03-01-2011, 09:39 PM
It's "good" that it happened to more of us, because they have to fix this! Would suck to be the only one it had happened to. The game is cool and fun, but it is so full of bugs and glitches! :(

InsaneFlame
03-01-2011, 11:06 PM
I have this problem too, when i picked up book V it said 1/5 collected. All five are on the pedestal at the prison. :-(

Jellybean468
03-01-2011, 11:08 PM
It's not really a glitch, but my god damn baby won't turn into a child for me to take it to the demon door for my last achievement! I spent TWO hours trying to get it to turn into a kid.

Ragnarok1986
03-01-2011, 11:18 PM
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG the msg "set them free" is still on my screen been 3hours now :(

Sealtest
03-01-2011, 11:22 PM
save and re-start fable, it'll get rid of that on yur screen.

Ragnarok1986
03-01-2011, 11:49 PM
save and re-start fable, it'll get rid of that on yur screen.

If you mean save turn xbox off while i go to work for four hours. Come back and then turn on tried :mad:

Sealtest
03-01-2011, 11:56 PM
odd, i went to sleep after i 1250'd it and came back and it was gone for me.

Ragnarok1986
03-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Ive got the 1250 but its still there. Im going to leave it till next Dlc come may solve it :D

valo09
03-02-2011, 02:59 AM
Also having the same issue. I cant get the demon door one and either one of the books ones because it says i only have 2/5 and i have all 5. This seriously makes me not want to play the game anymore. I had a ridiculous amount of problems playing through it my first time. My first account still doesnt work right; everytime I open a chest or dig nothing pops out of them.

JONBLEACH
03-02-2011, 03:04 AM
this was my 1st book achievement i got, still need 1 more witch book

Dashapeshifter
03-02-2011, 04:38 AM
It's not really a glitch, but my god damn baby won't turn into a child for me to take it to the demon door for my last achievement! I spent TWO hours trying to get it to turn into a kid.
A quicker way is to just go to the orphanage in Bowerstone and adopt a child. Make sure to put the house the child lives in Brightwall. Then take that child to the Demon Door.

An Unaware Domo
03-03-2011, 01:37 AM
Found all the new books, opened all the demon doors, but didn't get any achievements. :confused::mad::(

gamermike6100
03-03-2011, 06:20 AM

i am having the exact sam problem and frankly its quite annoyinghttp://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/icons/icon8.gif

Shadowboxer99
03-04-2011, 09:11 AM
i am having the exact sam problem and frankly its quite annoyinghttp://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/icons/icon8.gif

Me toooo

All books are there, but no achievement :(:(:(

Trombonafide
03-04-2011, 11:23 PM
I got hit with this glitch.

I also cannot access one of the cells where the last bit of Prisoner Outfit for the Demon Door is.

Goddammit Lionhead.

xICooRsYIx
03-05-2011, 12:34 AM
I just entered the code for the new DLC. and im starting to regret it now. Theres nothing worse than a glitched achievement. I pray im one of the lucky ones that can slip through no problem...

Lionhead should def give out the next DLC for FREE!

-xICooRsYIx

Quickdraw
03-05-2011, 09:54 AM
mine worked fine last night not sure what i did differently.

Qu33n Embla
03-05-2011, 11:25 AM
I got the achievement for collecting all of the books, but the last Demon door achievement glitched for me.

Grenwolf
03-06-2011, 07:13 AM
I've noticed I had a problem with this achievement and the new demon door as well.

I think if you play the DLC then turn off the game all the counters reset. I needed the last book for 'Sad Man' book collection and I saved and quit the game.

On my next playthrough I got all the book achievements and finished all quests, but I didn't turn off my Xbox at all. I went through a different save I had, luckily, been at the end with and got the 'Sad Man' achievement with that save.

Unfortunately, I got the demon door after I left the DLC, and it gave me the 1/7. I have all the others open too. I'm too far from the end with my other saves, and I don't want to spend all that time again all at once to make sure I get the achievement.

Hopefully there's a patch soon.

clw1990
03-07-2011, 02:29 AM
@Trombonafide You need to do the mission where you get given the keys to the keep first forgot them name..
anyways i got glitched with 4 achievements all 3 of the diary ones and the demon gates FML.

Trombonafide
03-08-2011, 05:29 AM
Thanks.

Quick thought. Can this be fixed in co-op? Like, if I joined someone else's world and they got all five diaries proper, would it unlock for both of us or just the host?

Its Fooga
03-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks.

Quick thought. Can this be fixed in co-op? Like, if I joined someone else's world and they got all five diaries proper, would it unlock for both of us or just the host?

Unfortunately, no. After my diaries glitched I joined my brother's game and even picked up all of the diaries, but only the host gets them. They aren't like the retail collectibles where you see them transparently.

On a side note, I'm glad that my theory was correct about leaving the game and the counter reseting. I posted that about a week ago, hoping I was right. I'm on my second playthrough now and am about to start collecting the diaries of the Witch and Turner. We'll see how it plays out.

Trombonafide
03-08-2011, 08:19 PM
I'll be doing that too as soon as I get get my second character to queen.

Blah. I'm not excited about having to beat it again just to do DLC stuff.

ArsenicPuppy
05-16-2011, 11:09 AM
I've had the diary of a sad man glitch as well, I've got all the diaries in the keep but only showing 3/5 towards the achievement. Quite disappointing to see this sort of thing slip through testing, does anyone know if there will be an update to fix it or do we just have to play it again?

UnarmedReaper07
05-19-2011, 03:42 AM
All of my "Traitor's Keep" achievements unlocked just fine. I downloaded the dlc after I beat the game and opened the other six demon doors. When the dlc was downloaded I just played it until I unlocked everything. I would like to mention that I got all dlc achievements in one setting. Hope this helps.

*I did get some of the books in co-op, but I was host. The game still didn't glitch for me.