PDA

View Full Version : Can you do any achievements in coop?

SpongebobRoundpants
03-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Which ones can you do in coop?:confused:

DFB 1708
03-01-2011, 07:59 PM
You mean that both of the players get the achievement in one go?
Don't know :S. I think you can do the collectable achievements. And MAYBE you can get the outfits together, but I doubt that.

So if you want to be safe then play on your safe file or do it solo.

SpongebobRoundpants
03-01-2011, 08:09 PM
I was playing coop with my friend and he got the assassin achievement but i didnt. It was his game though.

Quickdraw
03-01-2011, 08:20 PM
would suck if they didn't achieve for both players at the same time, one of the main reasons of playing this game is to coop with a buddy and rule the lands of ablion and adventure.

Ragnarok1986
03-01-2011, 09:39 PM
I don't think it will. Due to the fact I could buy the Dlc invite my friend who did not. And he would get the achivements and not pay a penny. As people have pointed out you can download a outfit which allow you to join someone game who downloaded the Dlc.

SpongebobRoundpants
03-02-2011, 05:14 AM
I playd with my friend for all the achievements and didnt get 1.

Andreas_loel
03-02-2011, 05:30 AM
Only the hosts gets achievements, played it trough with my girlfriend on my save yesterday and today we will do it on hers too thanks to lionhead fucking up something so trivial.

One of the things that worked in the full game doesnt work at all in the dlc...strange

I don't think it will. Due to the fact I could buy the Dlc invite my friend who did not. And he would get the achivements and not pay a penny. As people have pointed out you can download a outfit which allow you to join someone game who downloaded the Dlc.

Then they should just as easily not made the achievements accesable in that version, just as Halo reachīs dlc achievement doesnt show unless you buy the mappack.

Ragnarok1986
03-02-2011, 10:55 AM
[QUOTEThen they should just as easily not made the achievements accesable in that version, just as Halo reachīs dlc achievement doesnt show unless you buy the mappack.[/QUOTE]

I see your point but is the Dlc really that hard you need help? You may enjoy playing it with you gf but it only took me 3hours to do it on my own.

if i had help would only have took about 2hours. least you know the locations of the books etc.....

rhamana
03-02-2011, 07:23 PM
I see your point but is the Dlc really that hard you need help? You may enjoy playing it with you gf but it only took me 3hours to do it on my own.

if i had help would only have took about 2hours. least you know the locations of the books etc.....

Its not that its hard to do but its a lot more fun and less frustrating when you're two people playing together. Thats the whole point of the game having online co-op in the first place, is it not?

Ragnarok1986
03-02-2011, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE=rhamana;4042644]Its not that its hard to do but its a lot more fun and less frustrating when you're two people playing together. Thats the whole point of the game having online co-op in the first place, is it not?

Which I never said was a bad thing did I? I was speaking about the achievements unlock for both players.

rhamana
03-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Which I never said was a bad thing did I? I was speaking about the achievements unlock for both players.

You never said it was a bad thing, but you didnt mention achievements unlocking in the post i quoted ;)

Like Andreas_loel said they could have easily made it so you could play co-op and have achievements unlock only if you both have the DLC, it works perfectly fine with other games so why make it needlessly tedious where you have to play through it twice to get achievements that you could have unlocked together?

We never said it was hard to solo, combat is an absolute joke in fable3, just it seems pointless making something co-opable yet you HAVE to solo play the same content to get the achievements.

Andreas_loel
03-03-2011, 07:41 AM

The main reason for me getting playing Fable 3 was coop. Ive played trough the game 3 times, 2 times in coop and 1 time solo because Canīt keep me down doesnt unlock in coop unless you are host.

It doesnt come down to the game being hard because if you have a quick look on my games played
Gears 1-2 Insanity completed
Cod 4 - Mw2- Waw (soon bo) Veteran completed
Halo 3 - Halo Reach legendary/A monument to all your sins completed
Some people piss and moan about some of those being annoying and "hard" i didnt find em hard, but some were annoying.

Meanwhile fable 3 is a a casual fest at its finest, the Melee combat is spamming x (i never block) the ranged combat is spamming y or holding B.
So no its not hard i just enjoy coop gaming, despite how big an asshole i seem to be im a social player i enjoy games more if im playing with someone

And if lionhead cant work around a free dlc and a paid dlc giving out achievements then they should just stop adding achievements for them.