PDA

View Full Version : the New York Yankees

KewlBrettC
06-23-2007, 01:41 AM
well, I would like to discuss the problems with my team the NYY. They overpay washed up veterans, we have AROD (a problem in its self), we brought back Roger who betrayed the fans in 2003. We currently suck with our 35 and 35 record. Any feedback here?.

Shaaady Souljah
06-23-2007, 01:48 AM
well... its definitely a lot better now than it was a few weeks ago. you guys went on a nice little run before tanking again recently. i think you will have to accept the fact that you guys have a shot at the playoffs, but it will be in the wild card race with all of us AL Central folks ;)

but, i am just waiting for them to pick up a couple more key additions—especially another veteran Starting Pitcher. dont worry: they will find a way to get another good pitcher into that rotation.

KewlBrettC
06-23-2007, 01:53 AM
What I believe is that we DONT need another veteran starter. I truely believe that we should just go with what we have, maybe a new 1B, but thats it, because that is our problem, we have too many vets who can no longer deliver.

alex4283
06-23-2007, 02:22 AM
there aren't any stand out teams this year in MLB. the entire MLB is like the NBA eastern conference.

Shaaady Souljah
06-23-2007, 02:23 AM
yeah. when i say veteran, i dont mean more 40+ year olds ;)
i mean someone like say.... C.C. Sabathia or Kelvim Escobar maybe... you need an experienced SP that can still pitch his ass off and is young, yet seasoned (to handle the N.Y. presure) at the same time.

Danny Dibo
06-23-2007, 03:26 AM
Hey, all I can tell you is, at least they aren't my chicago white sox.
My team that's basically the same team that won the W.S. 2 years ago is in shambles.
When we hit, we pitch like crap.
When we pitch, we don't hit.
Shitt, we would Love to be 35-35 right now. Yankees wil be fine. I see a Wild card spot for them.

Wolf
06-23-2007, 03:44 AM
How is A-Rod a problem? It's a good thing to have the undisputed MVP of the league on your team, you know. And I'm not convinced that the Yankees are desperate enough to have to fall back on the young-uns yet. They can still afford to take chances on the seasoned vets, they just can't really find any to buy. They need to ship out Johnny Damon, who really has done absolutely nothing since joining the Yankees (maybe he really was Sampson, powerless without his hair) but still has good overall value for some decent pitcher who isn't Tyler Clippard or whatever his name his. Hopefully Giambi blows it and voids his contract, opening up some money for, say, Dontrelle Willis. As long as they don't do anything stupid like fire Torre, they'll be okay.

KewlBrettC
06-23-2007, 05:11 PM
@ Shady- I agree with you now, and CC and Kelvim both sound good to me

@Wolf- Ok... where are you from? Because in NY the talk is nothing but A-Rod, and they find negative things to say about him which affects his play ship him out. Damon has been great for this team and in the clubhouse. Giambi does need to go. I agree Torre is ok, but he has flaws, and if i could fire anyone it would be George Steinbrener he is the source of all the problems for years and years. But you can't fire the owner....

SegaSaturnSNK
06-23-2007, 05:47 PM
I'm from NY and I love to see the Yankees lose. Nuff said. But as for A-Rod, if it wasn't for A-Rod this year, they wouldn't be having that 35-35 record right now because he's basically the guy whose hitting all their homeruns and is an RBI machine there. Sure negative things bothered A-Rod but it doesn't seem it's bothering him this year because basically I hope he gives NY and the Yankees a big Fuck You and just opt out and go somewhere else. Damon isn't all that great, he's been nagging with injuries for a while and he's been playing ok but not Red Sox status. He was great over at Boston and since being with the Yankees, he's been ok, not that great.

Giambi does need to go, the guy is washed up especially since admitting about his steroid use. They need to buy out his contract. But what the Yankees need to do is to rebuild because if they don't, we'll be seeing this more and more from them. The time is to forget about winning and just rebuild for a couple of years and see where that takes them. Also, getting rid of Shefield hurt them too.

Shaaady Souljah
06-23-2007, 05:56 PM
yeah. the hardest thing for them to do would be admitting that they need to be mediocre for a year or two to get some young guys in there and get them experienced... i dont think it will ever happen, but if it doesnt, you guys are doomed to years of maybe getting a wild card or division title and then losing in the playoffs to a more team-oriented ball club.

Wolf
06-23-2007, 08:26 PM
@Wolf- Ok... where are you from? Because in NY the talk is nothing but A-Rod, and they find negative things to say about him which affects his play ship him out. Damon has been great for this team and in the clubhouse. Giambi does need to go. I agree Torre is ok, but he has flaws, and if i could fire anyone it would be George Steinbrener he is the source of all the problems for years and years. But you can't fire the owner....Well, I do live in New York, so I'm really questioning what in God's name you're hearing. Ship A-Rod out? Do you have any idea what year we're in? All people in sports care about is what is happening now, and A-Rod has been receiving nothing but praise since Opening Day. No one is holding a grudge about last year's playoffs with him. If you're talking about the stripper thing, then I hate to break it to you, but the stripper is going to follow A-Rod. And Damon is awful. It's just terrible to watch him. He's too nervous. He's not hitting like he did in Boston, and as a result a lot of the fan base is completely gone. I do think we should fire George, though. I mean, 4 World Series championships, a long streak of division titles, the most well known team in all of sports. Yeah, he's driven the franchise right into the ground.

SegaSaturnSNK
06-24-2007, 01:07 AM
Well, I do live in New York, so I'm really questioning what in God's name you're hearing. Ship A-Rod out? Do you have any idea what year we're in? All people in sports care about is what is happening now, and A-Rod has been receiving nothing but praise since Opening Day. No one is holding a grudge about last year's playoffs with him. If you're talking about the stripper thing, then I hate to break it to you, but the stripper is going to follow A-Rod. And Damon is awful. It's just terrible to watch him. He's too nervous. He's not hitting like he did in Boston, and as a result a lot of the fan base is completely gone. I do think we should fire George, though. I mean, 4 World Series championships, a long streak of division titles, the most well known team in all of sports. Yeah, he's driven the franchise right into the ground.

How is George is going to be fired if he's the owner? :p

He needs to sell the team off and move on because the guy is extremely greedy and he just puts weight on the whole organization. Someone does something wrong .......... FIRED!

KewlBrettC
06-24-2007, 02:45 AM
when the yankees were doing good it was when steinbrener was suspended for those 2 years.

and sega saturn we said if we could we would fire george

Wolf
06-24-2007, 03:19 AM
How is George is going to be fired if he's the owner? :p

He needs to sell the team off and move on because the guy is extremely greedy and he just puts weight on the whole organization. Someone does something wrong .......... FIRED!It was sarcasm that wasn't too clear. You can't fire a person for doing his best to spend the money the fans give him instead of hording it for himself. Baseball, like it or not, isn't really a team sport, save for maybe catcher-pitcher, and you can do what Steinbrenner did by spending money on players and taking chances. The question becomes whether they can handle New York. However, since the Yankees are so loaded, they really don't have to worry about that. George is rich, not stupid.

SegaSaturnSNK
06-24-2007, 04:05 AM
I don't see a 200 million dollar team doing much. He can have an All Star team if he wants and spend 300 million dollars a year and they still won't reach the World Series. It's been proven for the last couple of years.

KewlBrettC
06-24-2007, 04:07 AM
well actually George is stupid and no.... baseball IS a team sport, but the yankees dont represent that concept.

Clipse 2
06-24-2007, 05:02 AM
well actually George is stupid and no.... baseball IS a team sport, but the yankees dont represent that concept.
What baseball team does represent that concept? Better yet what professional team represents that? Contracts are individual, each althete has the ego or gains the ego thinking they are the best ever. This is why you have players demanding the salaries the owners are dumb enough to give them. If anyone is going to talk about a lack luster team who isn't living up to the payroll don't look at the Yankees right away. First you have to look at the Cubs who dropped some where around $130 Million during the off season and for what? A handful of wins more than what they had this time last year. At least the Yankees aren't in what I believe to be the worst division the National Cental.

The Yankees are a giant cycle, they always have been. Given another year or two there will be mass veteran retirements or a dump off; they will then make a few trades, pull up some youth from the minors and go from there. With 10 AL pennants and 6 World Series titles under his belt I don't think George Steinbrenner is necessarily "stupid". I will however say that Brian Cashman has to go; he is the one with the reigns in hand and has been for some time. If what I read a few weeks ago is true he will be gone next reason and Steinbrenner's son will step in as either GM or some other executive role before taking over ownership when George decides to step down.

As Alex said there aren't any stand out teams this year unless you want to count the Brewers, but thats because they've sucked for so many years. The Yankees will have their chance to catch Boston because thats just how Boston is; they'll slump and suck for a few weeks allowing the Yanks to catch up just like they did last year. History repeats its self and sometimes its a bitch.

KewlBrettC
06-25-2007, 06:33 PM
The teams that play as a team hmm.... 2000 Yankees, 2004 Red Sox, Tampa Bay...... anymore???? Those teams are/were like families.

bxbomber
06-25-2007, 06:52 PM
well, I would like to discuss the problems with my team the NYY. They overpay washed up veterans, we have AROD (a problem in its self), we brought back Roger who betrayed the fans in 2003. We currently suck with our 35 and 35 record. Any feedback here?.

Everyone please disregard what this guy says as he is no representation of what true Yankee fans feel.

He is probably one of the ones that came on board in 2000, has booed A-Rod, and likes both NY teams.

Velham
06-25-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm a NYY Fan, and i am also disappointed with the performance of the Yankees, A-ROd is doing good which i want to see b/c he's getting paid over 200 million bucks so he better do good, i was hoping the NYY Wouldn't be playing the .500 ball(always staying at a .500 record), i wanted them to be the AL East leaders, but the way the Redsox are playing, that isn't goin' to happen.

Wolf
06-25-2007, 07:57 PM
The teams that play as a team hmm.... 2000 Yankees, 2004 Red Sox, Tampa Bay...... anymore???? Those teams are/were like families.The Devil Rays? You're citing a perennial cellar dweller as an example of what a team should be? Sure, the Red Sox and Yankees had momentum, but where did that take them? The Yankees would lose the World Series the next year and the Sox would begin their streak of starting strong and blowing it. I'd rather have a bunch of absolute professionals, like A-Rod, like Jeter, like Clemens, like Mussina (and that's where it stops on the current Yankees), than a bunch of people who play according to their attitude at the time.

KewlBrettC
06-25-2007, 09:25 PM
Ok.... while the D-Rays do suck, they do play as a team, which all teams should be like that (except for the suckyness)

Everyone please disregard what this guy says as he is no representation of what true Yankee fans feel.

He is probably one of the ones that came on board in 2000, has booed A-Rod, and likes both NY teams.

Also buddy.... I don't boo A-Rod, I like A-Rod.... But he is a problem to this orginization and I don't like both NY teams and I have been a yankee fan since I was born so you don't know what your talking about

SegaSaturnSNK
06-25-2007, 10:17 PM
And how old are you? 15?

Cyrex
06-26-2007, 03:54 PM
The New York Yankees

.....suck literally.

While im from Boston so you all can guess my opinion on this subject. The thing is the yankees will cme back after the all star break, they always do. The Red Sox are the best team in baseball right now, or they have the best record. But the thing is the sox are the biggest choke artists in all of baseball. Im guessing that the yankees will come back though. They might not win the division but they will win the wild card because the rest of the american league sucks

Wreckon Dracgon
06-26-2007, 03:56 PM
well, I would like to discuss the problems with my team the NYY. They overpay washed up veterans, we have AROD (a problem in its self), we brought back Roger who betrayed the fans in 2003. We currently suck with our 35 and 35 record. Any feedback here?. I've read this over and over :) but I don't see what the problem is ;)

KewlBrettC
06-26-2007, 06:40 PM
.....suck literally.

While im from Boston so you all can guess my opinion on this subject. The thing is the yankees will cme back after the all star break, they always do. The Red Sox are the best team in baseball right now, or they have the best record. But the thing is the sox are the biggest choke artists in all of baseball. Im guessing that the yankees will come back though. They might not win the division but they will win the wild card because the rest of the american league sucks

Isn't that how it always goes???

J Lo
06-28-2007, 04:52 PM
Well, as a NYM fan, I will be very happy to agree with you and saying that the Yankees are TERRIBLE! :p:)

SegaSaturnSNK
06-28-2007, 05:03 PM
.....suck literally.

Angels been playing real good lately so not all AL sucks. Also, Tigers and Indians too.

KewlBrettC
06-28-2007, 05:34 PM
Angels been playing real good lately so not all AL sucks. Also, Tigers and Indians too.

what about Boston?

Wandering Proof
07-02-2007, 02:33 AM

Keep up the great work sucking! :p

Alright I had to say it, being as I am a BoSox fan.

In all honesty you can't change anything until your GM learns that all-stars don't get you a winning record. It's all about the team chemistry and not the money you spend.

I greatly enjoy watching the current free fall though... so no complaints here.

Shaaady Souljah
07-02-2007, 05:04 AM
"get a wild card cuz the rest of the AL sucks"???!! are you serious?...

Boston, Toronto, Cleveland, Detroit, Minnesota, LA, Seattle, Oakland.

7 teams are currently doing better than the Yankees. 7! that is half of the entire AL. good thing you have your facts straight. and good thing your yankees have that wild card locked up cuz these teams all suck.

and you guys have won 2 of your last 10 games. you are on fire! look out Boston!

Wandering Proof
07-02-2007, 06:23 AM

7 teams are currently doing better than the Yankees. 7! that is half of the entire AL. good thing you have your facts straight. and good thing your yankees have that wild card locked up cuz these teams all suck.

and you guys have won 2 of your last 10 games. you are on fire! look out Boston!

Touche my friend... TOUCHE!

goblue1590
07-02-2007, 07:36 AM
well your obviously better off being with my team the Red Sox

Cyrex
07-02-2007, 01:31 PM

i was talking about Boston and the Yankee's, then there will be the 2 other division winners so the Yankee's are competeing wiht 4 other teams for the wild card. Seriously i hope to god that they don't make it. shaaady i can't stand the yankee's, but the Red sox have won almost every wild card since 1990. I do not think there is a better 2nd place team. Any other division they would win the division each year

SegaSaturnSNK
07-02-2007, 02:29 PM

QFT!!!!!! Indeed.

Wandering Proof
07-02-2007, 02:42 PM
well your obviously better off being with my team the Red Sox

Fellow SBD member knows what's up :p.