PDA

View Full Version : never again. never never never again.

halfiepint
03-02-2011, 02:24 AM
so I broke down and got the real guitar in order to get the achievements. I figured I might keep it in case I wanted to play "power chord mode" in the future...

I'm so happy I got the achievements in less than an hour and I'm done for good.
("again" on recruit is a very easy song and you don't have to play all the notes, just the power chords)

now I can sell the guitar to some poor soul who needs it for the achievements.

Now I've always played acoustic guitar and so I know real chords. I wasn't sure what "power chords" were.

two fingers and strum, or one finger and strum ("open power chords")? seriously, that's it? well at least I learned what power chords were and why I never learned them before.

I mean, I guess I figured there would at least be D, A and G major. That's beginner level guitar, first week of class.

lordthrash
03-03-2011, 09:41 PM
They are root5 chords. Usually you play them on an electric but they also sound good on an acoustic. I got this playing Cherub Rock on Virtuoso. I am a heavy metal guitarist so this a piece of cake. Funny though, i can't beat expert career on most guitar hero games, i keep playing notes that i know should be there but aren't. Try these on your acoustic, they sound good, especially palm muted! I recommend trying out Macys Day Parade from Green Day, sounds awesome!

lignimvite
03-05-2011, 06:03 AM
Sounds quite easy for me, having played real guitar for over 2 years, I mean as long as the game registers my playing when I get one of those crappy instruments, it shouldn't be a problem for me, I hope.