PDA

View Full Version : Demon Door Glitch Compilation Thread:

ImmortalArbiter
03-02-2011, 05:42 AM
So apparently, for some people the Demon Door Achievement is not unlocking. It seems that opening the new Demon Door will sometimes reset the counter to 1/7. While we can wait and hope for a fix, I'm interested to see if there is a certain "way" to get the Doors to work properly. So if you guys wouldn't mind, perhaps you could post something to the extent of:

Achievement: Glitched/Not Glitched
Doors Opened before downloading content: X/7
Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened: Yes/No
Did you have the new DLC storyline finished: Yes/No

While this glitch could be completely unrelated to the above, it would be nice to have some sort of format from the people who were able to get the achievement, to see if we can replicate a 100% way to get it unlocked.

ParsleyParsnips
03-02-2011, 07:10 AM
Achievement didn't glitch for me.
Was last door to open.
6/7 before i opened, 7/7 after.
Had finished the DLC story mission.

Hope this helps

Son of Kyuss
03-02-2011, 07:17 AM
Achievement: Unlocked
Doors Opened before downloading content: 4/7, the remaining ones I had left were the Demon Door's in Millfield, Brightwall and Traitor's Keep
Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened: Yes
Did you have the new DLC storyline finished: Yes, it was the absolute last thing I did in the Traitor's Keep DLC.

Ragnarok1986
03-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Achievement: Not Glitched
Doors Opened before downloading content: 6/7
Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened: Yes.
Did you have the new DLC storyline finished: Yes.
Only issue is the seven msg wont go.

ghostxface
03-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Doors Opened before downloading content: 5/7 I hadn't done the one in Millfields yet.
Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened: No.

InsaneFlame
03-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Achievement: Glitched
Doors Opened before downloading content: 4/7
Did you have the new DLC storyline finished: Yes

SkyJin
03-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Did you have the new DLC storyline finished: Yes, but not The Wheel of Misfortune and Shooting Range from the Understone DLC. (Those are glitched for me!)

ImmortalArbiter
03-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Hmm, doesn't seem like there is any real pattern to why it glitches or not... I guess it's just a gamble. When I get home from work tonight I'm going to give it a shot, and I'll post what happens.

InsaneFlame
03-02-2011, 01:11 PM
I went back and entered the Demon Doors which i had previously opened and that did nothing either. My Faraday Diaries one is also glitched.

B0seiju
03-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Doors Opened before downloading content: 5/7
Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened: No, last one was millfield

TCLCloud
03-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened: No

Completed all new DLC and did Demon Door then went back and did Mistpeak and finally Millfields, had been counting 6/7 for me in game but last one opened and nothing happened. Joy, thanks alot Lionhead who I have bought every product you have ever made, really screwed us all over.....again.

SkyJin
03-02-2011, 01:55 PM
I agree, Lionhead really needs to clean up their games. I mean everytime there is a new Fable, it comes with alot of glitches and bugs. Why not make the game over more discs instead of forcing it all on 1 disc? Could help?

"Sad" thing is, the game is awsome.. but with all the glitches and stuff. Aggro!

Dan.Pro
03-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Achievement: Not Glitched in any ways.

Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened: Yes, I was at 6/7, then I opened it and got 7/7 of the demon doors done. Achievement Poped up right after this.

Did you have the new DLC storyline finished: Yes, I had finished it completly.

That's it!

KeepEmRolling
03-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Achievement not glitched

Doors opened before downloading content: 5/7

Last door I opened was Millfield from the main game

I had the story finished

AgEnT STARZz
03-02-2011, 03:39 PM

Flips360
03-02-2011, 04:00 PM

MrSteel74
03-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Did you have the new DLC storyline finished: Yes?

Main storyline was completed but not all of the diaries were collected.

Covered In Ink
03-02-2011, 04:11 PM
I have 2 more doors to open...

The one in Mispeak where you need to hero's as well as the dlc demon door!

If anyone can help with the Mispeak it will only take and sec i'd be greatful and as well if anyone has an extra full prisoner clothing set so i can open the dlc door i would really be greatful.

I have completed everything else so i'd like to see if i can finish this up.

GT: Covered In Ink

General Boredom
03-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened?: No, the last one was Millfields.
Did you have the new DLC storyline finished? Yes

Achievement unlocked fine, but now I have the "Set Them Free! 7/7" message stuck on my screen.

JimboTag
03-02-2011, 05:36 PM

Before I downloaded the DLC, I had 5 demon doors out of 6.
I downloaded the DLC, got the demon door in that one, giving 6/7.
The last demon door I needed was Millfields. I got that just now.

Final Glitched amount: 2/7... :wtf:

Note: It seems that sometimes, whatever number of demon doors you have opened, the latest one resets the counter to zero. Then I got another one (my final one, supposedly) making my counter 2.

rhamana
03-02-2011, 06:34 PM

The achievement counter for 'Set Them Free!' only counted 2 of the DDs, yet I've opened all 6, so after an hour of wandering around the keep looking for the last part of the outfit, feels kind of anti-climatic not to have my bleep bloop :(

So thats 2 glitched achievements keeping me from my first 100% game. Le sigh :(

daswheels
03-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Achievement: Not glitched
Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened: No. It was my second to last, Millfields was the last.
Did you have the new DLC storyline finished: Yes. It was the last of the new achievements that I did.

While the achievement did unlock for me, there was a slight glitch. The little achievement progress box that says "Set Them Free! 7/7" got stuck on the screen after it unlocked and wouldn't go away. I haven't played the game since then to see if it's still there.

Nonoal
03-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Did you have the new DLC storyline finished: No

"Set Them Free! 7/7" message stuck on my screen

An Unaware Domo
03-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Previously: 5/7
Last one: No
DLC completed: Yes? (I had not collected all the Prison Handbooks, but done everything else?)

I have not opened up the last Demon Door in the main game, but it also reset all of my progress towards the diaries. I've found all of General Turner's diaries, but it says I only have 2 and no achievement.

SpongebobRoundpants
03-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Does anyone know how to get 100% morality fast because my character is completly evil? Can i just have a friend open the demon door for me that has 100% in my game?:confused: Its my last achievement. HELP!!!!:Bounce:

LethalEdge
03-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Did you have the new DLC storyline finished: Yes (Completely did everything)

TakahashiDemon
03-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Doors Opened before downloading content: 0/7
Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened: No (first)

TombRaiser
03-02-2011, 10:55 PM

I also have the issue with the "Set Them Free! 7/7" message staying on screen.

Showtime 95
03-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Doors Opened before downloading content: 3/7

Opened the Traitors Keep door and said I had 4 out of 7, then did the others and when I opened my last door (millfields) it said 2/7.

JimboTag
03-03-2011, 01:19 AM
You all need to post your issue directly to Lionhead in order to get it sorted out as fast as possible.

Link here: http://lionhead.com/fable/fableIII/issuereport.aspx

I've directed them to this thread in the description.

ImmortalArbiter
03-03-2011, 02:49 AM
Well I went for the Demon Doors as soon as I got home, and I was able to get the achievement. I'll go into as much detail as I can:

I had 3/7 Demon Doors opened before I got the content. I can't remember which order I got them in, but they were:

1) Aurora
2) Mourningwood
3) Sunset House

The last four I opened, in order were:

4) Ravenscar Keep
5) Mistpeak Valley
6) Brightwall Village
7) Millfields

Before I went for these last four, I had the new DLC storyline content finished, all of the journals and new outfits collected, and I had started the Prison Management for Beginner's Quest, but I did not collect any of the books - just the Prisoner's outfit. I did not start the Huxley quest, either.

Now, one thing I noted is that a lot of people that have gotten the glitch said that when they loaded their game after downloading the DLC had their counter start counting immediately, from 1 to however many they had. I did not get this counter, and it only appeared after I opened the Ravenscar Keep Door.

Unfortunately, judging from the posts here, I can't see a clear cut pattern as to what could possibly cause the glitch. I've only seen one person that had 0 Demon Doors opened, and they were able to get the achievement. Perhaps that is the only guaranteed way to get it, but seeing as how you can't start the content until you have finished the storyline, it's not exactly the best solution.

Like JimboTag posted, report the issue to Lionhead, and please use this thread for reference. I hope that this thread can help bring the problem to the forefront and possibly get it fixed - nothing is worse knowing that you can't complete a game due to something that is entirely not your fault.

MsCujo
03-03-2011, 03:27 AM
I had opened the other 6 Demon doors before the DLC. I opened the Demon door in the DLC and received the achievement. I do have an issue where the note that comes up on the left side of the screen that shows you how many of the doors have been opened is still on my screen. I have not been able to get rid of it.

DropDeadArtemus
03-03-2011, 03:59 AM

I thought mine was glitched until I realized I never bothered to get fat for the Millsfield door and forgot to take a fully upgraded weapon to the Mourningwood door. I had 1000 in this game prior to the dlc. I finished the main storyline, side quests, collectibles, and even the hidden door in Clockwork. I opened the dlc demon door, revealing I had 5/7. I then opened the Mourningwood followed by Millsfield demon doors. My achievement popped as soon as the Millsfield door opened.

Kinda lengthy, but I wanted to be as detailed as possible with my demon door/dlc combination.

Dreface
03-03-2011, 04:25 AM
I got the achievement but the little box in the left corner that tells you how many doors are left won't go away. So now whenever I'm not in the sanctuary it says "7/7 Set Them Free" on my screen.

Cuddly Aardvark
03-03-2011, 05:34 AM
I had 3/7 Demon Doors opened before I got the content. I can't remember which order I got them in, but they were:

1) Aurora
2) Mourningwood
3) Sunset House

The last four I opened, in order were:

4) Ravenscar Keep
5) Mistpeak Valley
6) Brightwall Village
7) Millfields

Are you, me? Those were the 3 I had opened before the DLC and I opened the other four in that exact order. Weird.

On Topic

Penguino Rojo
03-03-2011, 05:39 AM

The demon door that requires you to be fat and ugly was my last one. After I got the prison suit, I opened the dlc door, then worked on getting fat. Cheevo popped without an issue. It was glorious.

The issue I have now is the count won't go away.

TitanGDZ54
03-03-2011, 07:54 AM
Doors Before: 6/7
Yes last door
Yes finished quest

Problem I have is that the counter 7/7 is still showing and won't disappear from the screen.

Andreas_loel
03-03-2011, 08:42 AM

And good luck getting lionhead to do anything, their solution for the get everything in fable 2 was "Replay it"

Hawaiian
03-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Did you download Understone DLC before: Yes
Did you play online / co-op after downloading Traitor's Keep: No

Bug: The counter "Set Them Free 7/7" froze and doesn't disappear anymore.

Fang Foom
03-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened: no

I opened two after the DLC but knew it would glitch as the counter never said the right amount!

4thyondaime
03-03-2011, 02:14 PM
don't know if this has been posted yet but the only way to have your achievements not glitch is as soon as the DLC is downloaded "DO NOT PLAY CO-OP" at all until you have all achievements in the DLC complete also once the last demon door is opened the words Set them free will stay on your screen until lions head releases a patch it's been confirmed by 4 of my other friends and they all have the achievements also a friend of mine joined my game and as soon as he opened a demon door his counter reset back to 1/7 and originally it was at 5/7 so because he joined my game the counter will reset hope this info helps ^_^

borkko
03-03-2011, 03:06 PM

I was not playing co-op nor online after finishing the main story. Maybe this is really the key to not getting glitched here.

JKSullivan
03-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Does anyone know how to get 100% morality fast because my character is completly evil? Can i just have a friend open the demon door for me that has 100% in my game?:confused: Its my last achievement. HELP!!!!:Bounce:

Easiest way is if you have a ton of gold - you get morality points when you transfer money into the treasury. Since you're already evil, you can take all of the money out of the treasury without it getting any lower - then transfer it back in with the largest transactions you can do, and it should start to increase your 'good' meter.

xxx67xxx
03-03-2011, 06:27 PM

I had the "Set Them Free! 7/7" message staying on screen too, it went after re-starting the game though

I don't know if it's worth mentioning but of the 5 odd characters I've used in the past I'd never opened the Millfields door so this is the first and only character I've had that has opened all 7. I also needed to open the Mistpeak Valley door to attempt this achievement yet i'd opened it a few times with other characters. All other characters were deleted before buying the DLC.

An Unaware Domo
03-03-2011, 08:23 PM
I noticed that when you first play after installing the DLC, the original messages with achievement progress were in white text. Then, when I opened the new Demon Door and it reset everything, the messages were in a gold and italicized text. It seems like when the text is in white it doesn't actually count the achievement progress.

piwo4me
03-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Did you have the new DLC storyline finished: No, was on my way back to turn in the last prison books and hit up the new demon door on my way back into the keep. Then did the last two demon doors from the main game. Looks like counter reset at some point.

don't know if this has been posted yet but the only way to have your achievements not glitch is as soon as the DLC is downloaded "DO NOT PLAY CO-OP" at all until you have all achievements in the DLC complete also once the last demon door is opened the words Set them free will stay on your screen until lions head releases a patch it's been confirmed by 4 of my other friends and they all have the achievements also a friend of mine joined my game and as soon as he opened a demon door his counter reset back to 1/7 and originally it was at 5/7 so because he joined my game the counter will reset hope this info helps ^_^

Think he is right, I had joined someones game right when i started the new dlc just for a couple minutes. Remember the demon door counter come up when I joined his game and count the ones I had already done. Ended up playing by my self and think somewhere in there the counter reset and didn't count what I had done before. My friends game also glitched and the counter for the books on clockwork island counter reset and he can't get the achievement even though he has all five sitting in the keep.

Theas Wings
03-03-2011, 10:15 PM

No glitch here. Did open the demon door in the DLC after finishing the story. Then went back and open the last 3 doors. Cheevo popped.

I also have the issue with the "Set Them Free! 7/7" message staying on screen.

tripleb2k
03-03-2011, 10:58 PM

IVIR BLOBBY
03-03-2011, 11:38 PM

arachnophilia
03-03-2011, 11:47 PM

dropped into a few random co-op games with the DLC downloaded.

An Unaware Domo
03-04-2011, 02:01 AM

Yes he is definitely correct. I realized that I had joined my friends game for a bit after getting the DLC.

Jesuit007
03-04-2011, 02:20 AM
Well that's a bummer. I still needed to get "We can be Heroes" so I finished that up after I had downloaded the DLC but hadn't started any of the content yet (just sat around the player's old content earning money).

Does that mean since I was in co-op at all before starting the DLC that the achievements will be glitched?

sleepydumbdude
03-04-2011, 02:57 AM
I had opened the other 6 Demon doors before the DLC. I opened the Demon door in the DLC and received the achievement. I do have an issue where the note that comes up on the left side of the screen that shows you how many of the doors have been opened is still on my screen. I have not been able to get rid of it.

Exactly what happened to me. Thankfully I only have two more books to find to get the rest of the achievements. Hopefully they patch it eventually though.

Chaosphynx
03-04-2011, 03:32 AM

I was worried that it would glitch, waited to do it last, never played co-op, counter message "7/7" stayed on screen

dakisbac
03-04-2011, 06:14 AM
Doors Opened before downloading content: 5/7 (missing Millfields)
Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened: No (did Millfields last)
Did you have the new DLC storyline finished: Yes, 100%

However, since I got my achievement say half an hour ago, I have the, "Set The Free! 7/7" notification stuck on the left side of my screen and nothing I've done has got rid of it.

I do have this glitch though.

Captain Urahara
03-04-2011, 06:21 AM

Had 4 out of the original 6 opened. Lacked the Brightwall Door(as I had opened it on another character) and the Millfields door, as I never wanted to get fat and ugly to open it. Finished the DLC storyline, opened the new door, opened the Brightwall door, and then opened the Millfields door. Achievement unlocked.

4thyondaime
03-04-2011, 12:03 PM
Well that's a bummer. I still needed to get "We can be Heroes" so I finished that up after I had downloaded the DLC but hadn't started any of the content yet (just sat around the player's old content earning money).

Does that mean since I was in co-op at all before starting the DLC that the achievements will be glitched?

If there are any achievements left to do that require co-op for example the mistpeak valley demon door or the heroes achievement just delete the DLC off your hard drive get the achievements then redownload the DLC and continue hope this helps

VladimirK
03-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Doors Opened before downloading content: 4/7 (6/7 before actually accessing any new content besides the dog and costumes.)

For my 6th, the co-op one in Mistpeak, the notification of 6/7 never appeared but it didn't effect my achievement.

However, since I got my achievement say half an hour ago, I have the, "Set The Free! 7/7" notification stuck on the left side of my screen and nothing I've done has got rid of it.

Gunstar Chaos
03-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Just curious that one of the questions being asked should be "Do you buy Understone Quest Pack?"

As I didn't have a problem with Demon Doors, nor owned that DLC. Had 4/7 open when started and opened the new door last.

Reaper44
03-04-2011, 02:34 PM
swag's right the demon door achvs is glitched if you join another ppls game, it will reset you demon door counter since i joined his game it reseted mine. i was lucky that i had another save file that i completed the game and used that one and i had no probs. so what ever you do don't join anyones game if they have the dlc if you do you're screwed.so watch out .

morgie123
03-04-2011, 02:47 PM

erico360
03-04-2011, 05:14 PM
I got the achievement but the the demon door couynter doesn't go away.

MrVictorStone
03-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Did you have the new DLC storyline finished: Yes, it was the last achievement I got.

Shadowboxer99
03-04-2011, 10:12 PM

I'm so angry. Only the DLC storyline achievements worked, none of the book collectibles nor demon door worked. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

And NO, I do not play co-op so that was not the issue.

Quickdraw
03-04-2011, 11:17 PM
havn't opened the door in brightwall since i don't have a child and my spouse elliot seems to be incapable of having one makes me sad, gunna have to adopt or go find it elsewhere lol.

M1L3Y
03-05-2011, 12:54 AM
I also have had 3 achievements glitch on me on the dlc.
I started a thread on the Lionhead forums about this a few days ago if anybody wants to come over and have their say, Please do.
http://lionhead.com/forums/p/302405/3657495.aspx

The Index Case
03-05-2011, 01:03 AM
Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened: No (Millfields was my last door)

Everything worked without problem except I also have the permanent achievement counter stuck on the left side of my screen.

CKK Salvation
03-05-2011, 01:13 AM
Just curious that one of the questions being asked should be "Do you buy Understone Quest Pack?"

As I didn't have a problem with Demon Doors, nor owned that DLC. Had 4/7 open when started and opened the new door last.

This is exactly what I was wondering. Though I was guessing that people not having problems were the ones that had Understone. I'm just staying away from playing it altogether until they get a fix, though. Too many horror stories for me to want to risk it.

Refined Suicide
03-05-2011, 01:20 AM
Doors Opened before downloading content: 2/7
Did you have the new DLC storyline finished: All except the Prison Management for Beginners quest

arachnophilia
03-05-2011, 02:30 AM
anyone know what happens if you delete DLC, and load your save?

if it lets you, you might be able to re-play the DLC. but i'm a bit too worried about corrupting my save to try it.

JONBLEACH
03-05-2011, 02:40 AM
Achievement: Unlocked
Did you have the new DLC storyline finished: Yes all quests done then opened demon door.

It still has the 7/7 counter on the left side screen and it wont dissapear

M1L3Y
03-05-2011, 03:28 AM

if it lets you, you might be able to re-play the DLC. but i'm a bit too worried about corrupting my save to try it.

I was thinking of trying this myself but like you am a bit worried what will happen.
For the Record i had 6/7 (ticker came up 6/7 too)doors open at start of dlc and when i opened the last demon door on ravenskeep island the ticker said 1/7 and no achievement.

I got 4/5 of faradays diaries and when i returned to Clockwork to do the huxley quest i got the last diary behind the locked gate(where the 2 robot parts are) the ticker said 1/5 and no achievement.
I picked up all of the generals diaries in one sitting (Three before i finished the main story, One on the way to rescue Hobbson and One after the main story)
and when i picked up my 4th book down stairs from the main office the ticker said 3/5. When i got my last diary (Down near the ship you arrive on) ticker said 4/5 and no achievement.
Here is the order i picked up the generals diaries
1; Outside on the coffin, near the gallows. Ticker said 1/5
2; in the dining hall. Ticker said 2/5
3; in the kitchen. Ticker said 3/5
4; down stairs from main office. Ticker said 3/5
5; By the tree near the ship you arrive on. Ticker said 4/5
No achievement.
I had no problem with the witches diaries, I got all those in one sitting too.
I did play in another heros world after i picked up the 4/5 of faradays diaries, but i did save before i left. And i completed that area first.

Shadowboxer99
03-05-2011, 03:35 AM
I also have had 3 achievements glitch on me on the dlc.
I started a thread on the Lionhead forums about this a few days ago if anybody wants to come over and have their say, Please do.
http://lionhead.com/forums/p/302405/3657495.aspx

Went over there and added. Like you mentioned over there, I wish Lionhead would just aknowledge that there is an issue. At least say "sorry guys, we're fixing" or even "sorry guys, you're just SOL". Something. Prefer the "we're fixing" though of course.

arachnophilia
03-05-2011, 03:55 AM
commented too. some word from the devs would be nice.

ChromiumDragon
03-05-2011, 05:06 AM

It won't even let you load the save file.

I was trying to trade weapons and the chef's hat with someone who doesn't have the DLC, and it wouldn't let me even load the save file. I reinstalled the DLC and all was well.

SpongebobRoundpants
03-05-2011, 07:10 AM
I have open all 7. The door that didnt count was the sunset house door. Thats bullshit!!!! Any Fucking solutions!!!????:mad::mad::mad:

Forsythia
03-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened: Yes/7
Did you have the new DLC storyline finished: Yes, every other achievement

The text "Set Them Free! 7/7" is stuck on my screen, though.

Qu33n Embla
03-05-2011, 11:15 AM

When I started the game after the DLC got installed the counter showed up telling me I had done 4/7 doors and that was a correct number, and it even showed up after opened 6/7 doors.
I played the whole DLC in co-op but not when I opened the last door, and me and my friend both got the achievement glitched.:mad:

M1L3Y
03-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Thanks for adding comments on the Lionhead forums people.
Hopefully a dev will have a look at it and reply to us. There is also a bug report form we can fill out over there.
Lionhead forum glitched dlc thread; http://lionhead.com/forums/p/302405/3657495.aspx
Lionhead bug report form; http://lionhead.com/fable/fableIII/issuereport.aspx

arachnophilia
03-05-2011, 04:41 PM
It won't even let you load the save file.

what about if you delete the DLC, and download the free version, that contains all the same items?

edit: no dice. because you own the rights, downloading the free version (the soldiers outfit) is precisely the same as the downloading the paid DLC.

ThE STORMsteR
03-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Im wondering does anybody know if it could be something to do with installing the game to your HDD or playing of the disc ??

jasoNicMan
03-05-2011, 08:51 PM

When i downloaded the DLC, five of the demon doors were open. i never did the Millfields demon door because it seemed pointless. i finished the DLC, then did the Millfields demon door, then did the Traitor's Keep demon door. The door opened just fine, but "Set Them Free! 7/7" won't go away.

UncouthTruth
03-05-2011, 10:55 PM
Did you have the new DLC storyline finished: NO

I had the Millfield one left, and I did it before I had decided on the fate of the keep, and I think I had one General Turner diary left - which is also glitched on me. I am REALLY pissed with Lionhead on this. It is a DEFECTIVE product if it doesn't work. Don't release your shit until you KNOW it works. Money pigs.

Quickdraw
03-06-2011, 12:27 AM

I had all Doors open barring the one in brightwall cause i couldn't have a child, opened the one on ravenscar first then did brightwall with a adopted child and popped fine.

Dashapeshifter
03-06-2011, 06:14 AM

Had no problems unlocking my achievement. When I played the game after downloading the dlc it said I had 6/7 doors open. Played through the new dlc getting the other achievements. Then the new demon door was the last demon door to open. Once I opened it the achievement unlocked.

XBL Unreal
03-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Doors Opened before downloading content: 5/7 (I still had the Millfields Door)

Toams07
03-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Doors Opened before downloading content: 5/7 (I still had the Millfields Door)

Only had that my Attractiveness bar wouldnt go to the furthest left, but I still was able to open the Door

Maximus 1482
03-07-2011, 12:31 AM

i also did the entire dlc in co op with no issues at all.

SpongebobRoundpants
03-07-2011, 04:14 AM
I read on TA the achievement glitches because you joined a friends game or something then joined your game again so that it resets it to 0. Thats why my sunset house door didnt count at all.:mad::mad::mad: Does anyone know if i just have to replay the whole story again to get an achievement thats not my fault? Or should i wait for a patch?:confused:

arachnophilia
03-07-2011, 04:46 AM
I read on TA the achievement glitches because you joined a friends game or something then joined your game again so that it resets it to 0. Thats why my sunset house door didnt count at all.:mad::mad::mad: Does anyone know if i just have to replay the whole story again to get an achievement thats not my fault? Or should i wait for a patch?:confused:

hopefully, they patch it. this is a pretty serious issue, as it basically makes about a dozen achievements unobtainable if you have the DLC -- i'm pretty sure it resets all counters.

Kamakazi Pear
03-07-2011, 07:44 AM

Mibuwolf57
03-07-2011, 03:13 PM

I've had demon doors opened with my 2 other characters, but they both glitched during the main gameplay before the dlc was ever released.

Had to start over for a 3rd time. This time with no weapon or money duplication. Played it pure and straight through from beginning to end with all collectibles except the silver keys.

With this character, didn't open a single demon door during the main storyline.

Downloaded Traitor's Keep on Friday, but accessed all main storyline demon doors except the Aurora Demon door ( not high enough morality)

Started and finished the dlc, with 2 achvs open: Keeping it Real and Set them Free.

Went back and opened the Aurora Demon Door, then the last new Demon Door.

Lastly cleaned up Keeping it Real.

I think the duplication glitch with a character is the root cause for most of these problems.

Had no issues with my 3rd character ( duplication glitch free )

DarkSeraphim198
03-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Achievement: Glitched (1st Character)
Doors Open Before DLC: 5/7
Was the new Demon Door the last you opened: Yes
Did you have the DLC storyline finished: Yes

Tried it all again (as missed the completion w/o KO achievement) on a 2nd character it worked with no glitches. Completed main story first, DLC second and then opened all 7 doors afterwards. I also had to load another character up to purchase some fattening food as all food shop owners were gone, due to over 5m fatalitys at the end lol

Ellusion
03-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Keep in mind that if the doors glitches, so will every other achievement involving the counter too. Had a friend pop in halfway through the DLC and two of the diaries achievement, the robot parts, and last the doors glitched on me completely. All of them showing 1/5 diaries, 1/6 robot parts, and 1/7 demon doors (Thanks Lionhead!)

It seems to be guaranteed when playing coop during the DLC, but there are also several who reports getting the glitch in pure singleplayer =/

Only way to solve it and get the achievements seems to be to delete all DLC, play through the game (AGAIN), have another player join you for the demon door that requires it, then down and play the TK DLC...alone, in the dark, offline, on a deserted island, in the bermuda triangle, while crossing your fingers.

Easy as pie and only some 30-40 hours wasted.

arachnophilia
03-08-2011, 01:17 AM
lionhead used PATCH.

PATCH has no effect!

piwo4me
03-08-2011, 01:37 AM
Keep in mind that if the doors glitches, so will every other achievement involving the counter too.

Not true my Demon Door achievement glitched but that is the only one that glitched on mine, everything else worked flawlessly.

Seems to be dependent on when and what both people are doing and have done when they join co-op.

sxylou123
03-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Doors Opened before downloading content: 1/7

I hadnt even started the DLC, but I was ready to, though id open the demon doors in Albion first and had already opened one but when I opened a new one my counter reset back to 1 when it should have said 2!

Got to start again for the third time after my girl glitched above bowerstone castle during a date!

Fang Foom
03-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Don't you have to of completed the main storyline to get all the prisoner stuff?

Midnight Malice
03-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Well no, you dont have to finish for all the prisoner stuff. I believe it is possible to get all the items before finishing the DLC story part. But you can also trade from your own finished game to a new game, or have a friend trade you the outfit.

Anyway, Achievement Glitched >< 4/7 opened before DLC, DLC door opened last.
I would say finish the game completely including DLC, have someone join right in front of the co-op door, open, kick, then the other 6 alone. Best chance to avoid glitch.

Specter 205
03-08-2011, 10:15 PM
Doors opened before downloading content: 6/7
Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened?: Yes

I also have the "Set Them Free! 7/7" message stuck on my screen.

Cezzie
03-08-2011, 11:00 PM
Doors opened before downloading content: 4/7
Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened?: No - Mistpeak was

I have reported this as well, i'm also unable to get a xbox live marrige to register for that achievement as well :(

Nusentinsaino
03-09-2011, 02:25 PM
The mistpeak demon door refuses to open for me.

So no achievement for me.

DanTheManGum
03-09-2011, 03:14 PM

Second playthrough coming which will hopefully fix it.

Fang Foom
03-09-2011, 07:18 PM
I cant seem to trade the Prisoner outfit and to get one piece I need the key to unlock a cell door which you get after doing the main storyline.

Is there a quicker way?

tpb
03-10-2011, 01:28 AM
There any info on a patch to fix this? Ive been steering clear until I hear its working.

Midnight Malice
03-10-2011, 05:07 AM
apparently I was wrong, I am also unable to trade DLC clothing, which means I got to find it all again, and hope the second time is the charm. I will be doing all the doors without having another player joining my game aside from a second local profile to help with that 1 door. I should be doing it tonight and will post whether I got it or not later.

Jesuit007
03-10-2011, 06:13 AM

I played in co-op after D/L the DLC, but hadn't acquired a single item in it (hadn't even started the quest or anything). I deleted the DLC and tried to re-install it, but no luck.

corysf9ers
03-11-2011, 01:26 AM
Achievement: Not Glitched in any ways.

Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened: Yes, I was at 6/7, then I opened it and got 7/7 of the demon doors done. Achievement Poped up right after this.

Did you have the new DLC storyline finished: Yes, I had finished it completly.

That's it!

i'm the exact same as this, but mine didn't pop.

BlackIrish4094
03-11-2011, 04:49 AM
Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened?: No

This sucks, are most of you waiting for a patch or starting new games to try and get this? Just wondering what the concensus was.

Downsize
03-11-2011, 10:26 PM

Doors open before DL content: Im pretty sure it was 3/7

Demon Doors Open before the DLC door:6/7 (went to 2/7 when opened door)

Beat the Traitors Keep storyline before last door: Yes

ashlii20
03-11-2011, 10:59 PM

Mabye its got something to do with the region of the game we are playing?
Im playing on PAL anyway

Ham Woopan
03-11-2011, 11:18 PM

Was the new Demon Door the one you opened? Yes, obviously.

I got the achievement as soon as the door either opened or after I went through it, I can't remember. Although I do have another glitch, the counter is permanently on my screen showing 7/7. Don't know if this has already been noted but is there any way to get rid of it?

SevenJesterHats
03-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Achievement: Glitched!

Was the new Demon Door the one you opened? Yes

Yep, Glitched on me! counter went to 2\7 :(

Whatup14
03-16-2011, 01:28 PM
Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened: Yes.
Only problem is the Set them free counter won't go >:/

Crystal Espers
03-18-2011, 02:07 AM
Notes: The "Set Them Free! 7/7" message stuck on my screen.

Also does anyone know if it effects the We Need Guns achievement counter or just the dlc ones? Just want to be sure before I start more speed runs to get the last sets of weapons I need.

Nabieb
03-18-2011, 03:26 PM
I like fable, but some of the bugs are irritating.
But I have one question: Does somebody of you also has a shadow lag in brightwall and does someone also has framedrops (especialy in brightwall).

Samao14
03-19-2011, 03:11 PM
I'll add my findings to this:

First time:
Glitched, had previously opened 2 when downloading DLC, then completed all of the storyline + additional quests, then opened up the Keep last and it reset.

Second time:
Not glitched, opened 0 during the playthrough, then opened Keep first and then all the others. Got it, and the message didn't stick either. I did all the storyline, except this time I ignored the Huxley thing and didn't do Prison Management, just got the key to get that part of the outfit.

truspector
03-20-2011, 12:09 PM

SpongebobRoundpants
03-21-2011, 12:26 AM
Is lion head going to patch this because what else do they got to do?:confused::mad::confused:

Toams07
03-21-2011, 12:27 PM
Is lion head going to patch this because what else do they got to do?:confused::mad::confused:

They're not going to patch it

BlackIrish4094
03-21-2011, 04:11 PM
They're not going to patch it
Where are you getting that information from that they don't intend to patch it?

alex1407
03-21-2011, 04:47 PM

Also have Demon doors counter stuck on the screen.

TakkunEG
03-21-2011, 06:36 PM

I made sure to open the new one last, since the problem seemed to be so widespread.

Toams07
03-21-2011, 06:49 PM
Where are you getting that information from that they don't intend to patch it?

http://lionhead.com/forums/t/302708.aspx

Read the last post

Ragnarok1986
03-21-2011, 09:55 PM

From the Link. "
Interesting. However let me give you an update. When you experience technical issues with your game we recommend that you either find a work around or restart your game. A new Title Update is currently not being developed, but should that change we will update you. Apologies for any inconvenience "

Read the last post

That is a fucking joke! Work around it, how about fuck you! We pay good money for this. Rant over :mad:

alex1407
03-21-2011, 10:06 PM
That is a fucking joke! Work around it, how about fuck you! We pay good money for this. Rant over :mad: I feel you man! Tho my achievement didn't glitch i have same shit with Two Worlds game! Fucking developers!

BlackIrish4094
03-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Steelstick, thanks for the update dude, not good news but at least I know now. Anyone know if you start a new game does anything carry over (money, weapons, etc.)? I know I'll have to be full good (or evil) to open that one Demon Door and good is easier if I have a lot of cash, lol.

exxonic
03-22-2011, 06:01 PM
you can trade your stuff. either online with a trustfull friend who keeps your stuff while you start a new game, or you create a new local gamertag on a second controler and trade the items in coop.

on the topic:
That is a fucking joke! Work around it, how about fuck you! We pay good money for this.
nicely said : )

after fable 3 being such a disappointment and lionhead/microsoft being greedy selling colors, dogs and other things separately, this was my last fable.

Ragnarok1986
03-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Steelstick, thanks for the update dude, not good news but at least I know now. Anyone know if you start a new game does anything carry over (money, weapons, etc.)? I know I'll have to be full good (or evil) to open that one Demon Door and good is easier if I have a lot of cash, lol.

Some tips in question thread how to trade with yourself. Can't be bothered to write it again but check it out ;)

BlackIrish4094
03-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Some tips in question thread how to trade with yourself. Can't be bothered to write it again but check it out ;)
Will do, thanks dude.

arachnophilia
03-23-2011, 01:24 AM
That is a fucking joke! Work around it, how about fuck you! We pay good money for this. Rant over :mad:

i think if that's the case, lionhead is looking at a major fucking boycott in the future. they released a DLC pack that broke many people's games -- permanently -- with no solution in sight. and people paid for this privilege. you can't just release content that irreparably damages peoples games, charge them for it, and than say "sorry, you're out in the cold". not without some major kind of backlash.

now, i've just missed an achievement. but those people stuck in reaver's mansion? they're probably not happy.

the only fix, right now, is:

delete your traitor's keep DLC,
start a new character
do everything over again
make sure everything co-op is done
download traitor's keep again
do that over again without playing co-op at all.

that's the only way. because one of the demon doors requires co-op, and co-op resets the demon door count. and that's just stupid. i mean, i took the time to collect all the clothes and weapons. that's a lot of effort. i can't even dupe them across to a new character, because if i load that save, it'll have the DLC content in it.

wanna know what makes me really angry, though? compare this to bioware, for a just a second.

dragon age 2's day-one DLC, "the exile prince", came with achievements, all of which were completely glitched. you couldn't unlock them under any circumstances. they released a patch a while back -- quietly, but still. the solution was to delete the DLC, redownload it, and do those quests again. now, with fable, that would suck... because you get only one save. but like a good RPG player, i periodically write to a new save slot, and keep as many back saves as possible. sometimes, you have to go back. it literally took me ten minutes to catch up on the DLC content, by replaying old saves. this one-save idea of lionhead's? not a great one, in comparison. blahblahblah realism live with your choices etc. i know. but there are certain functional reasons you want multiple saves. like, if your save corrupts. or DLC fucks it all up.

but what i really want to know, how in the hell did EA become the good guys, and lionhead the bad guys?

ghost2112
03-23-2011, 03:37 AM

Read the last post

Wow. Seriously? I also love how this f*cking blow job locked the thread, rather than deal with the backlash, which tells me that he is well aware of what a douchebag post that was and is too much of a pussy to man up and own it. Oh well, I have my original 1000g, and have no intention of buying this DLC, or supporting Lionhead any further after reading this thread. Peter Molyneux, and all the other incompetent pricks at Lionhead like this tool can suck my balls. Glitched Demon Door problem solved.

jeuty
03-24-2011, 12:49 PM

DarkSephiroth
03-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Is there someone who didn't get the achievement by doing this:

1. Did everything else before trying this achievement, including all other cheevos, quests and DLC.

2. Completed the DLC in one sitting also including this cheevo.

3. Didn't mix co-op AND sp while having this DLC.

:confused:

Don't know if the demon doors actually matter because many have done keep's door last and pretty much other have done the milfields last...

Raitei
03-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Achievement Glitched:
Number of Demon Doors opened prior to end of game: 6/7
Traitor's Keep DLC Done: Yes

Demon Door Glitched!

SpongebobRoundpants
03-28-2011, 05:00 AM
Can any body think of a game that doesnt have problems in it?:mad:

BlackIrish4094
03-29-2011, 02:36 PM
I did a 2nd playthrough since Lionhead are refusing to patch this (and I glitched the 1st time), my results are as follows:

Achievement: Not Glitched (this time!)
Doors Open Before Completing DLC: 0
Was the New Door the Last one opened: No, the 1st one
Did you have the DLC storyline finished before opening doors: Yes

I opened the Ravenscar door first just to minimize the possibility of it glitching but 2nd playthrough went smoothly.

XPL1C1T GAM3R
04-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Doors Open Before Completing DLC: 2
Was the New Door the Last one opened: yes

Lucki88
04-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Doors Open Before Completing DLC: 5
Was the New Door the Last one opened: yes
Did you have the DLC storyline finished before opening doors: No

My achievement gliched when I openend the door in Mistpeak Valley online with a friend. This should be my 6th door but the counter showed 1/7. After this I opened the door in Ravenscar Keep and got 2/7 and no achievement :uzi:

Lavindathar
04-06-2011, 03:20 AM
I started with 1000g and all Demon Doors open.

I did it in the following order in case this helps anyone.

1st main quest
1st side quest
2nd main quest (collected Faraday Diaries 1-4 in order)
3rd main quest (collected 1-5 Mary diaries in order)
Final Main quest
Collected all Turners diarys 1-5 in order
2nd sidequest
I Robot You Idiot quest (Collected Faraday Diary 5)
3rd Sidequest (collected prisoner guard books 1-5 in order)
Collected all prisoner outfit items
Opened final demon door

All worked without a hitch.

I did it in one sitting whilst disconected from live.

Hope it helps someone out there!

MikaDaiki
04-10-2011, 11:15 AM

The game gave a message that the Keep demon door was my first (counter saying 1/7), despite me having the original 6 already open.

XperimntNterror
04-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Can any body think of a game that doesnt have problems in it?:mad:

Nope. I guess they all have bugs; it's the nature of software, but this generation seems to have opened the flood gate for broken games and content that will get fixed later on... or not and instead get douche bag comments like the one from that moderator at LH's forums. I'd punch him in the mouth, for sure. "Sorry we shipped busted content, but it's your responsibility to figure out how to fix it... ya know, since you bought it and all". That's basically what his comment said to me.You can thank console internet connectivity for this "patch it later" trend that is all the rage. I miss the old days.

I'd also like to add: Fuck Lionhead, fuck Peter Molyneux, fuck Fable and fuck anything else that piece of shit studio ever releases ever again. I hope they sink into the shithole they deserve. I've never wanted a studio shutdown, but there are always exceptions.

tpb
04-24-2011, 12:12 PM
maybe a little ott but i agree, internet connectivity has fucked video game as much as it has helped it... cant imagine finding something like this on a PS2 title when patching wasnt an option. well i wont be playing fable again until they patch it... no point in getting any other dlc as i can 100% it without a fix for this anyway.

shadowr4ven
04-24-2011, 10:51 PM
I did all the other doors at one point (with the "fat" door opening after I got the DLC), and then got the prisoner suit today, went and opened the last door and it said 1/7.

done with this F'ing game :mad:

BTW, what is up with this site? It's barely working today.

Mutlucus
04-25-2011, 04:07 AM

I did a backup of my save just in case, but there were no problems with the achievements. I got the "7/7 Set them free" freeze message on my screen thou.

WTYD
04-25-2011, 05:19 AM

This also.

L0cked n L04ded
04-25-2011, 09:56 AM
I did a 2nd playthrough since Lionhead are refusing to patch this (and I glitched the 1st time), my results are as follows:

Achievement: Not Glitched (this time!)
Doors Open Before Completing DLC: 0
Was the New Door the Last one opened: No, the 1st one

I opened the Ravenscar door first just to minimize the possibility of it glitching but 2nd playthrough went smoothly.

That's the only way of doing it to make sure it works. If you do that one first and it says 1/7 then you should be fine.

shadowr4ven
04-25-2011, 04:42 PM
the only thing I can think of is that I joined a random player at one point this weekend just to try to get the 1000 gold achieve or the 15,000 bounty one. But the guy I joined wasn't even playing and the town he was in was completely empty. Weirdest thing.

WTYD
04-26-2011, 12:54 AM
Doors Opened before downloading content: 2/7

xelloss
05-02-2011, 12:32 AM
Did you have the new DLC storyline finished: I'm up to the point of book gathering.

Note: I still encountered a bug with this achievement, but it did unlock. The text "Set Them Free! 7/7" is permanently stuck on my screen. Reloading the game didn't help. At least it's not a game breaking bug :-/

DJ Pea
05-02-2011, 05:28 AM
got the achievement last door finished story but the 7/7 wont go away and now my character will always aim down the weapon even when no one is there

xMac73
05-05-2011, 12:56 AM

Asyenna
06-04-2011, 02:56 PM

iwinson
06-11-2011, 11:43 AM

Welsh Rambo
06-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Doors Opened before downloading content: 2
Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened: No, Aurora was last. New one was 3rd

Also have the 7/7 box stuck on the left of the screen

Klister NL
06-13-2011, 08:15 PM

I did it in one run, without co-op. Also I was really carefull with collecting stuff, I let all the books tell their story before pressing A to accept, and went to the demon door with normal clothes before leaving and coming back in prisoner outfit. I don't even have the "set them free" message stuck on screen :)

VyzieTaur
06-15-2011, 08:02 PM

>.<

PWN3R
06-19-2011, 12:12 AM
Is the co op glitch only happening when you join someone else's game? For example, can someone join your game? I mean, it may affect them, but will the host still get the achievement?

I have all the doors but the co op one. :(

PWN3R
06-19-2011, 12:34 AM
UPDATE - Decided to go for it. My last demon door was the co-op door, a random joined, we unlocked it, it POPPED.

Also, you should know that I played co op immediately after downloading the DLC. I joined my friend's game where he gave me all the legendary weapons and then left. He had already completed the game.

Good luck everyone.

Baihu1983
06-19-2011, 10:03 AM

BoChOmAn
06-20-2011, 09:25 PM

I did exactly what Klister NL said a few post above mine and I don't have the set them free window stuck on screen either, but also what I did was download the DLC from the dashboard (not directly from the treasury room), and by the time I entered the game the little window with the achievement count appeared and started to accumulate the ones that I have opened so far, so even before accepting the quest my count was already 6/7, maybe that helps.

moxavian
06-25-2011, 06:49 PM
Achievement: GLITCHED
Did you have the new DLC storyline finished: Yes, and everything else, too.

When I started the DLC, the counter only ticked up to 5/7. I was hoping that maybe the 6/7 just didn't show up, but when I opened the last door (Ravenscar), the counter only went to 6/7.

CRAP!

For extra info, I played the DLC in one sitting and without a co-op partner (though I had one for part of the main story--just to unlock that one demon door). I listened to every book play itself out and didn't skip any cutscenes. I think it was glitched from the second I loaded the DLC since my door counter only went to 5/7. Sucks to have to play 10 more hours of this game that I'm so bored of by now.

UPDATE

For those interested in what it takes to replay and try again, here are my time results and notes:

Start to Regency: 5 hours exactly
Regency to DLC voyage: 1.4 hours
DLC voyage to Prisoner Suit: 1.4 hours-wierd
Prisoner Suit to Set Them Free!: 2.2 hours - 7/7 (Ravenscar, Aurora, Mourningwood, Millfields, Mistpeak, Sunset, Brightwall)
Total: 10 hours

*NOTES*
* I equipped my new hero with a fully-upgraded weapon and 100k gold from my other hero to get started.
* I skipped every cutscene that I could skip, ran when it allowed me to run, and skipped by every fight I could (including running by the entire battle for Albion ... which was sort of funny).
* I also didn't upgrade much along the Road to Rule because I wanted to make sure I didn't have to play to get Level 5 in my weapon specialization (ranged in my case).
* I chose the "good morality" choice for all of the rulings (except for decor.. just to see what that was like) so that I could have 100% morality. This results in 6.5m unfortunate events.
* The Prisoner Suit is not giftable, so you have to collect it again. This SUCKS because it means you have to replay the story for the DLC. Sigh.
* The last step maybe could've gone faster. Learn from my notes. I looted the demon doors. And, I couldn't adopt. The orphanage was empty, and every civilian, everywhere, was ... missing. Ack. I played a lute in the Dweller Camp, and 2 people showed up to listen. I married one. But, I had no wedding ring, so I had to load up another hero and then find one to buy so that I could gift it back to my new hero... more time. Then I had to get my hero fat, get dyes from the Road to Rule and dye my cross-gender PJs (that I had to find and buy). Eventually, the civilians all showed back up, and, since my kid from that marriage never got out of the stupid crib, I adopted one and did it that way.

On the bright side, I played as a queen this time. So, I got a Queen Suit and a Female Masquerade Suit. Too bad I already had Fashion Victim :)

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED

loldart
07-07-2011, 03:12 AM

I had 1 done about 4 weeks ago. Today I open 4 in co-op. Ones I left the co-op game I open one that put me to 1/7. I don't know why it did that but it did because it hates me :( what can I do now?

Toams07
07-07-2011, 08:15 AM

I had 1 done about 4 weeks ago. Today I open 4 in co-op. Ones I left the co-op game I open one that put me to 1/7. I don't know why it did that but it did because it hates me :( what can I do now?

Start all over

ryno2424
07-07-2011, 08:50 AM
achievement not glitched, kinda
had all previous doors opened 6
had all previous doors opened before dl
had story completed before opening
however, after i opened the door, the message that says "demon doors opened 7/7" NEVER went away, its just stuck there forever. it sucks. but it worked. so kinda glitched for me, but not broken.

Console Killer
07-17-2011, 05:54 AM
7/7 Set Them Free won't go away: Yes

aSMiLoN
07-28-2011, 09:54 PM

When I got the last piece of the prisoner's outfit I wore it and went walking to the demon door, I did not fast travel as I had issues on the Demon door that required me to be ugly so I wanted to be on the safe side. I am not sure if that helped but thankfully everything went OK and I competed the game shortly after that :woop:

pikmin34
07-29-2011, 01:32 AM

I played through the DLC over the course of 3 days, not all in one sitting. Prior to opening the door, I had talked to the door once, after finishing the dlc main story but before completing the prisoner's outfit. Also, while my achievement unlocked just fine, the 7/7 message will not go away.

Jograd
07-29-2011, 07:42 AM
Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened: No, it was Millfield

I finished the DLC in one day, but not in one sitting. When I started the DLC a message on the left appeared saying 5/7. I completed the main story then went straight to the Ravenscar Demon Door and then finished up with the Millfield Demon Door. Achievement Unlocked and NO 7/7 message glitch. My game is working perfectly without any signs of glitches. I did NOT do COOP ANYTIME during the story of Traitors Keep.

the_regular_guy
07-30-2011, 11:15 AM

HD Addict
07-31-2011, 05:37 AM

Completed entire DLC in one sitting and was 100% glitch free.

whyme
08-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened: No, Millfield was last
7/7 Set Them Free won't go away: No

Valiantheart
08-09-2011, 11:39 AM
I 1K'd Fable 3 awhile ago and put it away. Now I just DLed Traitor's Keep and i'm thankful I started to read this before I played it. I have to say i'm kinda upset over everything i've been hearing about these glitches and Lionheads lack of involvment in fixing it. Looks like I'm gonna back up my save files before I go ahead and start playing again.

CVanquisherZ
08-12-2011, 07:50 AM
Achievement: Not Glitched, but I have the ''Set Them Free 7/7'' message stuck on my Hero save 1.

Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened: No, it was the 4th. Next Demon Door I opened was Brightwall, then Millfields and my last one was Mistpeak Valley.

I was wondering, if I make another hero on my profile, does it also gets the Set Them Free message or does the STF message only occurs on my hero save 1?

brbnasec
08-17-2011, 06:06 AM

Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened: No, it was the first one. Milifields was the last one

WHen I got to my last door (milifields) I opened it and it said I had only 2/7 doors. must now start the game over just to open these doors...

skippy1959
09-02-2011, 08:11 PM
my lab notes gliched for me... had 4/5 when i got the last one it went back to 1/5, don't you just get fed up with spending all your time searching for stuff to get the precious achievement and stuff goes missing? Happened to me in Fable II with a silver key, I should not have bought this DLC. Can you please tell me what I have to do to get the other notes back, or is just tough luck? Thanks

couch slouch 2
09-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened: No.
Had DLC door, Brightwall, Mistpeak to do. In that order.
Did you have the new DLC storyline finished: Yes, all other achievment items collected.
Has anyone considered the difference of wheather the game being started with/without DLC being loaded could make the difference? I started the game without it so I would have the option of trading items with people then loaded it. That was the only thing that was buggy for me (and my girlfriend as well). Had to load the game several times before it stopped telling me I needed to purchase the DLC which was already on my console.

JewPwnedYourAss
09-06-2011, 12:44 AM

So whats the "general" opinion on how to get this when I start on my second playthrough?

Delete the DLC, then complete main story without unlocking any doors, install the DLC, complete it, and then start on the demon doors, with the co-op first?

Thanks in advance:)

Karlos2021
09-06-2011, 10:28 PM

mjgfish
09-15-2011, 09:44 AM
1. Because of getting stuck in a room where the game connot continue and the fact I can't fast track out, I have started a new game. To try an counter the demon door glitch i'm thinking of opening the new demon door first and then all the others. Now the DLC will be on the HDD before I start a new game so hopefully there won't be any issues but has anyone still got the glitch from starting again and opening the DLC door first?

I have to say i'm kinda upset over everything i've been hearing about these glitches and Lionheads lack of involvment in fixing it. Looks like I'm gonna back up my save files before I go ahead and start playing again.

Can you even back up the saves as I tried on a USB and it didn't work or is there a multiple save feature (like in Mass Effect) in the game which I somehow haven't noticed yet?

TriRock
09-23-2011, 11:34 PM

What's even funnier is that I played the PC version. So Lionhead made sure to port that glitch as well. :eek:

On a separate note, the game runs smoother when I install older drivers, rack up the resolution and increase the details and effects as opposed to do the opposite. Go figure.

thebat7
09-24-2011, 12:58 PM

Here's what I did:

Did the entire DLC in one play through.

Did all the main story and the first 2 side quests then did all the collectible stuff. (except for the Penologist diary and the prisoner outfit.)

Went to visit the Demon Door to "activate" it.

Went to Hadley and started the final mission during which I found the prisoner outfit and the books.

After I turned the books into Hadley but before I left the Keep, I changed into the prisoner's outfit. After that I ran to the Demon Door and the achievement popped. I don't know if that makes a difference but I was wearing the outfit before I went back outside.

TriRock
09-26-2011, 09:25 AM
I just finished a second run on the PC version, and started unlocking doors with the Ravenscar Keep door. Achievement unlocked, game completed!

Simlaurel
10-25-2011, 04:26 AM
Was the new Demon Door the last you opened: Yes

I also didn't play any co-op after downloading. I did save during main quest storyline. Completed the remainder of the story and all collectables over a 2 day period.

natsuye
11-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Was the new Demon Door the last you opened: No (Millfields)

I joined Co-Op sadly before I read this thread and found out it turned out glitched. So regardless I completely finished the DLC with my friend, and left before he opened the last of his doors. He got the achievement fine as a host. When I went to my game, as expected I got 2/7 message pop up when I logged on. However continuing to do other achievements and randomly after I zoned one time, it popped up with 5/7 (without even going near a door). I figured that I somehow might have fixed it, and went and did the DLC on my game with my friend joining and I ended up getting the achievement no problem. Not sure if it was just a fluke or they ended up fixing it somehow, but it worked out for me.

codsucker
11-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Did you have the new DLC storyline finished: Yes. I opened the Demon Door after completing everything other than the "Robot Parts" quest (can't remember the name of the quest).
**The only strange thing I experienced was the Demon Door counter (x/7) stayed on my screen even long after opening the last door. I believe it is still on there if I were to load it up right now.:eek:

BrenteusMaximus
11-29-2011, 07:34 PM

Achievement unlocked but the message window is now stuck on my screen permanently. Fortunately this was my last achievement before 100% so i don't need to stare at the annoying message again. Still it sucks.

aSMiLoN
11-30-2011, 06:50 AM
@BrenteusMaximus Actually the achievement did not glitch on you, since it did unlock, the game just bugged after the unlock and kept the doors unlocked message...

Colby
11-30-2011, 09:25 AM
@BrenteusMaximus Actually the achievement did not glitch on you, since it did unlock, the game just bugged after the unlock and kept the doors unlocked message...

This is true lol

bladeddragon76
12-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Can anyone please help me?? How do you open the door it just says planning a prison break and i tried doing the evil responses to people but that doesn't work.

Prince James
12-13-2011, 09:20 AM
theres a glytch that for some reason doesnt work unless you sleep in a nearby house thwen go back to the last door. dont forget your jama's. hope this helps...

Akir388
12-19-2011, 10:19 PM

The achievement didn't pop up after opening the DLC door. Just my luck, ugh! I did have some random co-op player help me through most of the DLC, which I guess is probably what screwed it all up. It doesn't look like my demon door count reset, the achievement just didn't appear. I'm at 50 of 60 achievements and now have to decide if I want to start over or just move on to a different game.

:rant:

Edit to add: Well, it looks like the demon door glitch has messed up me getting the 'A Revolutionary Idea' achievement as well. I have collected all of General Turner's diaries, yet the achievement is not appearing. I looked in every location to see if I missed any, they are all gone.

Edit 2/4/12 - I finally got around to starting over completely and got all the demon doors along with General Turner's diaries, which were the two achievements that glitched on me. The only thing I did different this time? I didn't have someone join me in co-op while playing the DLC.

Did you have the new DLC storyline finished: Note quite, I made sure to open the demon door right when I had completed the prisoner outfit; so during Prison Management for Beginners.

dotCody
03-27-2012, 07:25 AM

I have all 7 Demon Doors opened, yet my game says I'm at 6/7. Fucking awesome glitch-ridden game.

TacticalTodger
04-10-2012, 08:28 AM

Didn't even get a message when I opened the demon door, talk about a nice big FUCK YOU.

Matik_MP
05-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened: No, Millfields was the last one
Did you have the new DLC storyline finished: Yes, all other tasks too

Traitor's Keep downloaded before starting the game at all. Door opening order: Mistpeak Valley, Brightwall, Sunset House, Mouringwood, City of Aurora, Ravenscar, Millfields. The only DD, I've opened in multi was Mistpeak Valley. All others in single player. Traitor's Keep DLC played by myself at all. All DD except Mistpeak Valley opened in single run.
After opening every DD (before going in), I've waited a little bit to see the counter and I saw something strange one time. During opening Mouringwood DD (my 4th), I haven't seen a counter, so I've quitted to dashbord without saving the game. I've started the game once again and then opened this door again. The counter appeared, so I've gone through it (autosave). That was the only problem with it.
My advices:
1: Open Mistpeak Valley DD first. Open all the next DD alone.
2: Play whole DLC alone. Activate (talk with) Ravenscar DD during DLC (without opening yet)
3: After opening any door, DO NOT enter it if you haven't seen the counter. Quickly dashboard the game (no save) and try again until proper counter appears.
4: Stay in shining area near door until it'll open.

Angelomio80
07-14-2012, 09:35 AM
Doors Opened before downloading content: Don't remember
Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened: No, Millfields was the last
Did you have the new DLC storyline finished: Yes, with all side quests and collectables.

1st Playthrough
I had opened 4 demon's doors before The Ravenscar Fortress Demon's Door.
After I had gone to open the Brightwall DD as 6th with an adopted child but it didn't open; so i returned with a biological child and it opened but the counter reset to 1/7. Finally i have opened the last DD in Millfields but no Achievement.

Angelomio80
07-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Was the new Demon Door the last one you opened: No, Sunset House was the last
Did you have the new DLC storyline finished: Yes, with all side quests and collectables.

2nd Playthrough

This is the Opening Order:
1st Mistpeak
2nd Brightwall
3rd Aurora
4th Ravenscar Fortress
5th Millfields
6th Mourningwood
7th Sunset House

When i opened the 2nd the 3rd and the 4th Demon's Doors, The Counter didn't showed up. Instead when opening the 1st the 5th the 6th and the 7th it regularly showed up.
In my playthrough i played coop (only in my game) to open the Mistpeak Demon's Door and for others 40 minutes to help another player with "We can be Heroes" ac..
Before to open the Ravenscar Fortress DD i finished all the quests of the Dlc and all collectables, and also i interacted with that DD during some side quests.

H3L xSHARINGANx
07-24-2012, 03:21 PM

I read about the glitch after I opened all other Demon Doors but before I opened the dlc one. I fearfully opened the lst one and to my luck, no achievement. I did have someone over Xbox Live join to open Mistpeak door which was the 4th door I opened, don't know if that screwed it but I wasn't paying attention to the counter while playing so I don't know what was counted and what wasn't.

Starting a second playthrough and not connecting to anyone while doing it, opening the dlc door first, mistpeak second and watching out for the counter in the meantime.

Huff.

LolipopGuild
08-27-2012, 01:12 AM
I love getting all of the achievements in a game except one. This game wasn't that much fun, so I'm not about to play through it again (10+ hours, I guess) to get one achievement. Seriously...why can't they just make sure things work before they release it?

Darkfoot Fox
06-17-2013, 03:34 PM
I started with 1000g and all Demon Doors open.

I did it in the following order in case this helps anyone.

1st main quest
1st side quest
2nd main quest (collected Faraday Diaries 1-4 in order)
3rd main quest (collected 1-5 Mary diaries in order)
Final Main quest
Collected all Turners diarys 1-5 in order
2nd sidequest
I Robot You Idiot quest (Collected Faraday Diary 5)
3rd Sidequest (collected prisoner guard books 1-5 in order)
Collected all prisoner outfit items
Opened final demon door

All worked without a hitch.

I did it in one sitting whilst disconected from live.

Hope it helps someone out there!

I followed this roadmap here and the achievement poped. I did this all in one session while connected to xbox live. I did not join any coop games and did it alone. I didn't have all the demon doors before i got the DLC, just 4. Also I downloaded the DLC after I 1000 the main game.

I made sure the DLC demon door was my last though.
Follow this way and let me know if you get the demon door achievement!

EDIT: If you have to do the coop mistpeak demon door, try it right before you do the DLC demon door in the roadmap above.

The Kingslayer
07-25-2013, 11:16 PM
Are they ever going to patch that glitched achievement?

Kairi
07-26-2013, 05:57 AM

The new Demon Door was the first one I opened, and the Mistpeak Valley Demon Door was the last one I opened. All of the doors were opened in one sitting.