PDA

View Full Version : Diary of Turner glitched

spikedzombies
03-02-2011, 07:34 AM
Glitched I think... I have all 5 books, no achievement.. i double checked all areas three times. All 5 books have been picked up.

book by ship - check
book in kitchen - check
book above kitchen in armory - check
book by the hang-man area - check
book under office behind secret door - check

DFB 1708
03-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Damn. Do you have a second character to unlock it?

But I do remember mine unlocked like after 20 minutes. I just read the paper in the prisoners escape route (to get there see THIS (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4039128#post4039128)and check Penologist's Handbook, Volume II)

spikedzombies
03-03-2011, 12:11 AM
Damn. Do you have a second character to unlock it?

But I do remember mine unlocked like after 20 minutes. I just read the paper in the prisoners escape route (to get there see THIS (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4039128#post4039128)and check Penologist's Handbook, Volume II)

I logged back in tonight, and went to check everything a few more times. Now this is after checking everything twice last night. Seems the book up in the armory had re-appeared.. dunno if it just glitched out or what.

Odessa
03-05-2011, 04:47 PM
I logged back in tonight, and went to check everything a few more times. Now this is after checking everything twice last night. Seems the book up in the armory had re-appeared.. dunno if it just glitched out or what.

It seems as if mine is glitched as well. Did you have to do another play through or did the achievement pop after you grabbed the book again?

UncouthTruth
03-05-2011, 11:20 PM
Mine glitched as well. When I read the fourth book I found, the count said 4/5. Then when I did a few other quests, and went back to find the last book, when I got it it said 1/5. I can look at all 5 books on their pedestals in the keep, so I have them all, but it is glitched. So pissed at the developer. Wait until you have your shit in order before releasing DLC etc.

Grenwolf
03-06-2011, 07:05 AM
I've had trouble with this and the demon door achievement.

It looks like if you turn off your console after playing some of the DLC and come back to the game, all counters on the collection achievements for the DLC reset.

I had to play through a whole different save to get one of the book achievements.

iZer
03-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Same problem with Turner's books. I've found all five books after doing the main DLC quest and no achievement popped, so i went to the office to check them and the book on the second stand was missing. I checked all the spots 3 or 4 times and found nothing. I gave up and decided to collect Faraday's and Mary's books instead of wasting more time on this. After getting the other 2 achievements, i did one last run for the last Turner's book and the one in the armory re-appeared. :woop:

General Turners Diary I appeared on stand #2... weird. :confused:

Odessa
03-07-2011, 11:55 PM
I wasn't as lucky. I ended up doing a second play through and got them. I agree that the key is doing them in the same session. I played through the storyline and did the side quests on one session. I collected the Turner and Faraday books on another session (I even collected them in order) then unlocked Demon Door.