PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone going to make an achievement guide?

dizzymagic
03-02-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm thinking of renting this game, but I don't want to go through the whole thing and miss a couple of the non story-related achievements. It seems that a couple of people have the full 1000G on this game, so I was just wondering if an achievement guide is in the works? I understand there's already a walkthrough, which will be very useful, but it's the actual achievement guide I'm worried about. Is it a fairly easy 1000G? :).

Thanks!

xReadMyMindx
03-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Regarding the achievements, all the secret achievements (each one 20G) are all story related achievements. The walkthrough link I posted will allow you to get 100% on all puzzle sets ( puzzle sets are storylines within the chapters). You need to get 100% on all puzzlesets in order to continue, so these cannot be missed. Like I say, the guide will allow you to get all of these. The guide also details the bonus points in each chapter as you are playing through so you can't miss them either. The guide also offers a quick recap of the bonus points at the end of each chapter incase you managed to miss any. The guide will also allow you to obtain the 'Small act of kindness' 'he can be nice too' 'divided and conquered' and 'you should make money out of it' achievements. These achievements are story related, but are missable ( a small act of kindness & he can be nice too) are part of the bonus points available in the chapters. If memory serves, a small act of kindness is in chapter 2 and he can be nice too is in chapter 6.

Regarding chatty chatty mouth, my advice would be to view EVERYTHING available, even more than once, as the dialogue can change when viewing an item twice. I'd also advise viewing everything in your inventory to get some extra dialogue/diary entries. Chatty chatty mouth is determined on the number of diary entries. Whilst playing through, I viewed every item and spoke to everyone about everything possible, and it unlocked towards the end of chapter 7.

So in a nutshell, the walkthrough link I posted will help you get everything apart from chatty chatty mouth and fast play. Although, if you press A whilst in dialogue, it will skip it but still count as an entry, so it could enable you to obtain fast play in theory, but I've taken my time when playing this to absorb everything. So it's helped me get everything so far except fast play. There are other guides online that are not as in depth as the one I posted, so they will probably help more towards fast play, but this one will net you everything else :)

Hope this provides some help for you :)

The Link for the walkthrough I've been using is

http://guides.gamepressure.com/graymatter/

GaryYEAH
03-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Regarding the achievements, all the secret achievements (each one 20G) are all story related achievements. The walkthrough link I posted will allow you to get 100% on all puzzle sets ( puzzle sets are storylines within the chapters). You need to get 100% on all puzzlesets in order to continue, so these cannot be missed. Like I say, the guide will allow you to get all of these. The guide also details the bonus points in each chapter as you are playing through so you can't miss them either. The guide also offers a quick recap of the bonus points at the end of each chapter incase you managed to miss any. The guide will also allow you to obtain the 'Small act of kindness' 'he can be nice too' 'divided and conquered' and 'you should make money out of it' achievements. These achievements are story related, but are missable ( a small act of kindness & he can be nice too) are part of the bonus points available in the chapters. If memory serves, a small act of kindness is in chapter 2 and he can be nice too is in chapter 6.

Regarding chatty chatty mouth, my advice would be to view EVERYTHING available, even more than once, as the dialogue can change when viewing an item twice. I'd also advise viewing everything in your inventory to get some extra dialogue/diary entries. Chatty chatty mouth is determined on the number of diary entries. Whilst playing through, I viewed every item and spoke to everyone about everything possible, and it unlocked towards the end of chapter 7.

So in a nutshell, the walkthrough link I posted will help you get everything apart from chatty chatty mouth and fast play. Although, if you press A whilst in dialogue, it will skip it but still count as an entry, so it could enable you to obtain fast play in theory, but I've taken my time when playing this to absorb everything. So it's helped me get everything so far except fast play. There are other guides online that are not as in depth as the one I posted, so they will probably help more towards fast play, but this one will net you everything else :)

Hope this provides some help for you :)

The Link for the walkthrough I've been using is

http://guides.gamepressure.com/graymatter/

Thanks for the reply, man! That was me on my brother's account there, so I didn't know if I'd received a reply. As soon as I get the game as a rental, I'll be using your recommendation :).