PDA

View Full Version : Smoke and The Challenge Tower Mode

TEBellant
03-03-2011, 03:48 AM
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/03/02/mortal-kombat-challenge-tower-video

This video pretty much says it all but at 7-8 seconds in you'll see robot smoke(*EDIT*Its actually Cyrax) if you look fast enough. And for this Tower Mode...Im excited! :woop:

EDIT: Yeah so sorry for the mix up :P People were jumping to conclusions and I followed. But it's just Cyrax and hopefully we'll get a confirmation on HUMAN SMOKE! lol soon.

Tapion
03-03-2011, 04:46 AM
Very excited for it too. Looks damn fun. I didn't notice Smoke at first, will have to look again.

BlindxLink
03-03-2011, 04:58 AM
I saw him. Barely. I almost thought it was Noob Saibot but looking closely I could tell it wasn't. Robot Smoke was one of my favorite MK fighters in the early games.

Pieville
03-03-2011, 06:58 AM
The tower sounds very interesting and the 'Test Your Luck' adds so much replay value that this game cannot get boring. The Armless Kombat seems cool, so does the Headless Kombat!!! Also I'm not sure if that was Robot Smoke but it looked like him and if it is. Coolio!

BlindxLink
03-03-2011, 07:08 AM
Very excited for it too. Looks damn fun. I didn't notice Smoke at first, will have to look again.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/2500/robosmoke.jpg

Welsh Killa B
03-03-2011, 06:05 PM
thanks for the link mate!

BigDaveTheRave
03-03-2011, 11:01 PM
I think thats Cyrax to be honest with you.

I think the box is just greyed out because they haven't unlocked that particular challenge yet. Plus check this picture out from mortal kombat wikia...

http://images.wikia.com/mk/images/2/27/Cyrax_rander_from_MK-2011.jpg

You can see the helmets are the same. I doubt they would have cyrax's helmet and smoke's helmet the same when everyone is getting their own look.

Whats everyone think?

KillerChris8814
03-03-2011, 11:19 PM

I think the box is just greyed out because they haven't unlocked that particular challenge yet. Plus check this picture out from mortal kombat wikia...

You can see the helmets are the same. I doubt they would have cyrax's helmet and smoke's helmet the same when everyone is getting their own look.

Whats everyone think?

I think your reasoning is sound and plauseable, however if I remember right Sektor, Cyrax and Smoke (robot), were made by the same people, so them looking alike or almost exactly alike other then colors is also possible.

GHLougar
03-04-2011, 02:19 AM
Man this game keeps getting better! :woop:
I'll be on the Challenge Tower for a long time! That could be smoke, but like said before it may be like an anti version of Cyrax or something. They have yet to officially announce Smoke anyways.

Ceejus
03-04-2011, 03:56 AM

Whats everyone think?

It's possible that you're right. Then again, it's also possible that they are keeping with the Smoke tradition in keeping him a recolor with Scorpion's spear, Sektor's teleport uppercut, and Reptile's invisibility. He was the only character in the original games to never be given his own move set (at least until Deception). Also, maybe he is the secret character again.

However, I think you are correct. This is 2011. Would they really half ass Smoke when they are putting an emphasis on making all characters distinct? I dunno. I do know Smoke will be in the final game given the leaked audio, but I'm sure you are right, this probably is Cyrax.

Not to mention, would Smoke really be that black in coloration? One would assume he'd be more grey.

BlindxLink
03-04-2011, 04:13 AM

Whats everyone think?

Like the guy a couple posts above me said, they all kind of look similar, especially in the early games. (Which this is based off of)

Cryax has green eyes, and in the picture of "Smoke", they do not look green at all.

As for you saying it's greyed out because he didn't unlock it yet, all of the challenges are unlocked at the start. If you watch the video, it will also show everything else greyed out besides the highlighted challenge, like the Baraka challenge beneath the highlighted one in the picture.

Who knows, I just figured it was him.

"In the official Playstation Magazine, a preview of the game states, "It's expected that the roster will be rounded up with Kombat's usual assortment of gods, creeps and weirdos, including Raiden, Sonya, Jax, Smoke, Kitana, Liu Kang and others.""

Hilaryduffgta
03-05-2011, 05:11 AM
yea first thing im gonna do when i have this is go thru the challenge ladder,the cheevo list looks pretty cool for it as well,looks like a c hallenging plat/1k

Vulger Spartan
03-05-2011, 02:55 PM
It's possible that you're right. Then again, it's also possible that they are keeping with the Smoke tradition in keeping him a recolor with Scorpion's spear, Sektor's teleport uppercut, and Reptile's invisibility. He was the only character in the original games to never be given his own move set (at least until Deception). Also, maybe he is the secret character again.

However, I think you are correct. This is 2011. Would they really half ass Smoke when they are putting an emphasis on making all characters distinct? I dunno. I do know Smoke will be in the final game given the leaked audio, but I'm sure you are right, this probably is Cyrax.

Not to mention, would Smoke really be that black in coloration? One would assume he'd be more grey.

Yeah I think it's also Cyrax, At First Glance I was all Psyched but it Looks like Cyrax's Face to Me now. I Believe that Maybe Smoke might be Human & a Secret or Unplayable like in MKII and that his Ending Might be his Transformation into a Robot, or in this NEW Timeline maybe he escapes the Lin Kuei stays Human which would be interesting & Awesome, then He & Sub-Zero could Start Their own Ninja Academy.

jswartz0181
03-05-2011, 10:15 PM
The image isn't grayed out; it's just darker not being selected (that one 23 minute long interview that doesn't seem to be up anymore demonstrated that). So in all likelihood, it is Smoke. But I was thinking, if the reward for completing the CT is supposed to be something so awesome and you'll instantly know someone has completed the CT when you see them online, to me, that means the reward is either an outfit or character. What if he is that reward? Just a possibility.

BlindxLink
03-05-2011, 11:11 PM
The image isn't grayed out; it's just darker not being selected (that one 23 minute long interview that doesn't seem to be up anymore demonstrated that). So in all likelihood, it is Smoke. But I was thinking, if the reward for completing the CT is supposed to be something so awesome and you'll instantly know someone has completed the CT when you see them online, to me, that means the reward is either an outfit or character. What if he is that reward? Just a possibility.

Who knows. We'll see when it's out I suppose!

My post pretty much said this same thing and confirmed he was in the game with a source.

Pieville
03-06-2011, 07:41 AM

That is an interesting point, they did say that you will get something worthwhile if you complete the tower and unlocking a character seems plausible. Maybe for the 300th challenge, you have to fight Goro, Shao Kahn & Smoke.