PDA

View Full Version : Saints Row: The Third officially announced

Dr Popodopolus
03-03-2011, 11:53 AM
We've been waiting for a third Saints Row game to be announced for quite a while. It was clearly coming eventually; THQ is fully behind the franchise, as evidenced by the production of a movie adaptation. The new game was officially revealed today as Saints Row: The Third.

The Third again puts you in a position of control over the Saints gang, which is dominating the city of Stilwater, the game will feature all of the perks of being an being the head of an elite criminal organization, and lets you take all the power that comes with it. That includes private jets, slick cars, and hot chicks of course.

The game will take you beyond Stilwater to a new city, but it's currently unknown if you'll be able to visit both locations or just the new one.

"Saints Row: The Third puts you on top of the world, right at the beginning of the game, with all the perks that go along with being the head of an elite criminal organisation," said Danny Bilson, Head of Core Games at THQ. "There's no delivering pizza, no shuttling family members about in a long series of taxi missions. Instead, you take all the power of the Third Street Saints and you take the world by storm."

Saints Row: The Third will once again take place in Stilwater, but this time around The Saints have taken it for their own. A rival criminal fraternity, The Syndicate, has set its sights on The Saints and pretty much demands they're the new big dogs in town. The game will play out with the two rival gangs going against each other in over-the-top Grand Theft Auto-esque glory.

Saints Row: The Third is pencilled in for a holiday 2011 release.

Not many details about the game were offered --
it'll be featured as the cover story of Game Informer's April issue.
It's suggested that the game will be just as over-the-top (if not more so) than its predecessors, which is good to hear. That charm is what really set Saints Row apart from Grand Theft Auto.

Sources (It's all over the internet so here's one):

http://www.1up.com/news/saints-row-third-revealed

Great news that there is potentially more than just Stilwater to explore!

Looks like I will grab myself a copy of Game Informer for April!

http://www.1up.com/media?id=3884198&type=lg

mjc0961
03-03-2011, 06:26 PM
The game will play out with the two rival gangs going against each other in over-the-top Grand Theft Auto-esque glory.
After GTA IV and Saints Row 2, that seems like a poor choice of words. You think they'd say it's just as over the top as its predecessor was.

Anyway, we had damn well better be able to run around in Stilwater. We all spent two games cleaning out all those other bastard gangs, that city is mine and I want it dammit!

Dr Popodopolus
03-04-2011, 11:52 PM
After GTA IV and Saints Row 2, that seems like a poor choice of words. You think they'd say it's just as over the top as its predecessor was.

Anyway, we had damn well better be able to run around in Stilwater. We all spent two games cleaning out all those other bastard gangs, that city is mine and I want it dammit!

Yeah I know.. "two rival gangs" does seem kinda underwhelming, I'm sure Volition can make it epic though. I agree with the second statement as well lol, that city is MINE!

Adecool
03-08-2011, 05:48 PM
i'm guessing game informer isnt in england, guess i'll have to hope the shitty official xbox mag gets info on this game. in the mean time.. HELL YEAH SAINTS ROWWWW!!

LICKAWINDA
03-08-2011, 05:52 PM
i hope it's better than IV but it wont be!

Dr Popodopolus
03-09-2011, 02:27 PM
i hope it's better than IV but it wont be!

Define better.. Will GTA IV have higher production values? Yes..

Prettier cutscenes? Yes..

Better story? Yes..

More fun? Never.

LeonardLawrence1
03-09-2011, 02:33 PM
obviously just my opinion, but I for one found GTA 4 to be crap! Vice City and San Andreas both blew it out of the water

mjc0961
03-10-2011, 06:58 PM
I liked GTA IV for what it was. But yeah, it was definitely a different experience than previous GTAs.

xKRAIZEEMANx
06-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Looking forward to this game.