PDA

View Full Version : Witchcraft manor hobbes glitch.

Megis Eldurin
03-03-2011, 07:00 PM
I originally posted this in the main forum, but I was told to try here.

When getting to the room in witchcraft manor with the two hobbes beating up on each other and another standing in the back near a machine nothing happens, I entered the room and even heard that little noise you get when you get to a quest marker but there's nothing to interact with. No scene, no battle, I can't even harm them.

Anyone know what to do here? I already tried reloading and even reentering the house...

Ragnarok1986
03-03-2011, 07:02 PM
I originally posted this in the main forum, but I was told to try here.

When getting to the room in witchcraft manor with the two hobbes beating up on each other and another standing in the back near a machine nothing happens, I entered the room and even heard that little noise you get when you get to a quest marker but there's nothing to interact with. No scene, no battle, I can't even harm them.

Anyone know what to do here? I already tried reloading and even reentering the house...

Try joining a friends world or get a friend to join yours.

Megis Eldurin
03-03-2011, 07:06 PM
I tried having a friend join my world, nothing happened.

Ragnarok1986
03-03-2011, 07:11 PM
Ah that's poo. Well if you have more than one hero try it with a differnt save.

Megis Eldurin
03-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Just joined a friend's game, didn't do any good either.
Guess I'll have the pleasure of having to wade through the muck again...
This game gets worse with every added content, and I didn't even get the other DLC.

BrenteusMaximus
03-15-2011, 03:28 AM
Had the same thing happen with the girlfriend's profile. I played the quest just fine with my character but under her profile we've run into the same glitch and no way to restart the quest. I guess it wouldn't be a Fable game without a few pain in the butt glitches like this.

darkarchon433
03-15-2011, 03:36 AM
I'm in the same boat as you. I recommend putting in a bug report to Lionhead here http://lionhead.com/fable/fableIII/issuereport.aspx

I've tried everything I can think of and nothing has worked. The door is supposed to open and trigger a cutscene, and leaving and re-entering doesn't close the door back up again.

Long story short, we are stuck until Lionhead patches or we start a new hero...

Ragnarok1986
03-15-2011, 09:31 AM
I'm in the same boat as you. I recommend putting in a bug report to Lionhead here http://lionhead.com/fable/fableIII/issuereport.aspx

I've tried everything I can think of and nothing has worked. The door is supposed to open and trigger a cutscene, and leaving and re-entering doesn't close the door back up again.

Long story short, we are stuck until Lionhead patches or we start a new hero...

That blows but nice find with the link :)

BrenteusMaximus
03-16-2011, 02:57 PM
That blows but nice find with the link :)

Agreed. I sent my report with the link. As suggested above, I also tried everything from inviting the character (under my gf's profile) to another game, inviting my character to hers, leaving the house and going back outside and returning, even pushing the hobbes around by walking into them just to see if it'd work, but nothing. Hopefully they patch this bug soon. My game is fine but since the gf can't play her character she wants to play Wii constantly :(

ahchap
04-16-2011, 05:07 AM
yea i have this exact problem have tried deleting the the content and re-downloading and it still would not work . . . to be honest stuff like this happens to me in most games and im seriously sick of it should never have such a game breaking bug in any game in this day and age!

RIIIPPER
06-26-2011, 11:39 PM
yea i have this exact problem have tried deleting the the content and re-downloading and it still would not work . . . to be honest stuff like this happens to me in most games and im seriously sick of it should never have such a game breaking bug in any game in this day and age!

I FULLY agree!! Between my roommate and I, we have 5 games going, and only one has been completed all the way through so far without a glitch messing something up. Lionhead living up to their reputation for not caring??

BrenteusMaximus
06-28-2011, 01:34 PM
I think the problem with these games is a complete and utter lack of quality control. I mean sure there are complexities with the programming. I get that. But that's why they have game testers to find these bugs. And if users find them, make patches for them. Simple enough right? Apparently not, especially with the fable franchise.