PDA

View Full Version : Too many FPS's this year???

Rand al Thor 19
06-23-2007, 06:55 AM
Halo 3
The Darkness
Call of Juarez
Killzone 2
Left 4 Dead
Half Life 2: Orange Box
Chronicals of Riddick
Call of Duty 4
Brothers in Arms: HH
Crysis
Quake Wars
Bioshock
Blacksite: Area 51
Timeshift
Turok
Hour of Victory
UT3
Haze
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Metriod Prime 3

That is a lot of shooters coming out in a short span of time. And most of them I plan on purchasing. Any else feel there are too many?? Or too little??

AUS SPaRTaN 39
06-23-2007, 07:33 AM
I think that Shooters are fantastic! That is a lot of games of the same genre to come out however the only genre that usually has that many come out is Action/Adventure. I like the list can't wait to play them all!:p

MadDog2010
06-23-2007, 07:45 AM
How can there be "too much first-person shooters"? I think they are the best genre to play, and personally, I think there should be more out right now. :)

Way too many sports games out right now. :mad:

L3giOn
06-23-2007, 06:54 PM
No such thing as too many FPS's. ;)

bosInFusioN
06-23-2007, 06:56 PM

Quoted for truth!

I'm stoked, what a great bunch of games on the way.

killie65
06-23-2007, 09:51 PM
I love FPS's, my most played type of game so i'm happy. Can't wait for Call of Duty 4.

Punish3r
06-23-2007, 11:03 PM
Being one of my favorite genres, i'm excited for most of the releases. If they keep coming out with clever ideas and game ideas. Shadowrun was a good example, adding some new twists to the FPS formula.

Bluntman428
06-24-2007, 05:27 PM

QFT.

Nothing beats a good shooter frankly. :uzi:

HotScott92
06-24-2007, 05:31 PM
There can never be enough FPSs! Well, as long as they keep them creative and not repetitive (here's looking to you ''Hour of Victory''). But with such creative games as Shadowrun and The Darkness, I think the FPS genre has a pretty good lifespan goin on.

Zef
06-24-2007, 06:05 PM

Would you be saying that when you are looking for the Call of Duty 36 box after you get 1000 gamerscore in Halo 249?

I'm crap at FPS games so I don't tend to buy them, if there are a lot released in a year then it doesn't make much difference. If you looked at the numbers of types of games released every year they probably all go up each year anyway, so having more this year would just be following the trend.

You also have to remember not all of them will be good =)

Wolf
06-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Halo 3 Pre-ordered
The Darkness Maybe
Call of Juarez No Chance
Killzone 2 No Chance
Left 4 Dead No Chance
Half Life 2: Orange Box Absolutely
Chronicles of Riddick Probably
Call of Duty 4 Maybe
Brothers in Arms: HH No
Crysis No idea, haven't heard of it
Quake Wars Maybe
Bioshock Absolutely
Blacksite: Area 51 No Chance
Timeshift No Chance
Turok Maybe
Hour of Victory No Chance
UT3 Probably
Haze Maybe
Medal of Honor: Airborne No Chance
Metriod Prime 3 Yes. God, I'll get anything that could even be almost decent for the Wii and its starved lineup. I'm not sure I'd classify this as strictly a shooter, though.

Yeah, I'm going to be doing a lot of killing in the coming months. I'm not really shocked about any of this, though. Shooters are just easy to create and have a big audience. Despite the great number of them, there's nothing we can really do to move against it. You're going to buy Halo 3. You're going to buy Bioshock. You're going to buy Metroid. It is what is.

|oneyedNewb|
06-24-2007, 06:33 PM
Nothing beats a good shooter... ;)

Darth Odan
06-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Halo 3
The Darkness
Call of Juarez
Killzone 2
Left 4 Dead
Chronicals of Riddick
Call of Duty 4
Crysis
Quake Wars
Bioshock
Blacksite: Area 51
Timeshift
Turok
Hour of Victory
UT3
Haze
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Metriod Prime 3

That is a lot of shooters coming out in a short span of time. And most of them I plan on purchasing. Any else feel there are too many?? Or too little??

I think it would have been best to post the FPS of the 360, but bleh. I believe that there are too many for this year. What should have been done was divide them in between 2007 and 2008.

Stinkyf1re
06-24-2007, 07:33 PM
Too many FPS's?

Ha that goes right along with the phrases, "Too much sex", "too much weed", "too much halo", and many other THINGS I WILL NEVER SAY :biglaugh lol

SegaSaturnSNK
06-24-2007, 07:49 PM
I wish there was more 2D fighting games coming out than these FPS :( but oh well.

As for FPS, don't really care knowing I'm not a big fan of it. I'm slowly getting into them knowing that all the 360 gets are FPS games in the first place.

biojuggernaut
06-26-2007, 09:32 PM
You can never kill to many zombies or aliens. Thumbs up to FPS.

Cyrex
06-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Would you be saying that when you are looking for the Call of Duty 36 box after you get 1000 gamerscore in Halo 249?

while i would be considered the most diehard COD fan since i have been playing the series since the first beta for the PC

and anyways i would still get Halo 249 i don't care what it is if it is fun and i have a way of getting good at it then i will get it

Vampire x360a
06-27-2007, 03:33 PM
id much rather shoot and kill someone than score a goal against them !!!

Tussell
06-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Due to lack of energy, I have not read this entire thread, only the title. And with that being said, You can never have too many FPS. As much as I'd like to see a fun third person multiplayer game, First Person Shooters, are what life is all about. :woop:

Modu Raziel
06-27-2007, 09:58 PM
i dunno. Im a fan of Action/Adventure games (Like Prince of Persia or God of War) and RPGs (Like Fable or KOTOR) first. While I do like FPSs as well, I would like to see more variety.

What I'd REALLY love to see is more games like Lost Planet. I might be wrong, but the whole third person shooter that has good controls (IMO) is a genre that has just been tapped. I'd love to see more games in that vein.

Honkymagoo
06-27-2007, 09:59 PM
Personally I'd like to see more stealth, 3rd person shooters, and rpg's. FPS is great but they need to mix it up a bit.

Tiamat66
06-27-2007, 10:21 PM
I've loved FPS's since around '91 when I was handed this little shareware disc. Sure, you are going to have some crap games, even with the kind of software available today. But think of it like this, who in there right minds would think a game based on a movie would be game of the year? Did anybody really think that a Bond game would do it? Nobody saw it coming. You can pan all those FPS's as clones or whatever, but you never know when the next Goldeneye will come along...

Deftone2k6 Uk
06-27-2007, 11:01 PM
Have to agree with most i love first-person shooters and cant get enough of them even got a few for the pc also. All i can say is bring on FPS :drunk

Tussell
06-27-2007, 11:42 PM
Have to agree with most i love first-person shooters and cant get enough of them even got a few for the pc also. All i can say is bring on FPS :drunk
That's how I feel..
Plus, like it's kind of hard for there to be too much... Because like... The FPS games that have come out recently, only look good in FPS... So yeah... I think they're fine..

But I agree there should be more of other things. But never less FPS.

Bax x360a
06-28-2007, 11:26 AM
You can never have too many FPS's :woop:

ilski
06-28-2007, 06:53 PM

Woe the youth of today. :(

I'll just echo that FPS' are tits.

KRIS DETH
06-28-2007, 10:00 PM
Just Ennuf Shooters :)

Kaens
06-28-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm one of those that voted yes. My least favorite games are sports, then racing, then fps. So it's my third least favorite. So if you look at the games forum list, and take away those three very large sections you see I don't get CRAP to play. RPGs would be my favorite, then Action/Adventure. Sure those are in first person view, but have a little more story and exploring than move to the next room and clear the aliens.

Enough already, I don't want to be a f'n space marine!

ilski
06-29-2007, 01:44 AM
...My least favorite games are sports, then racing, then fps. So it's my third least favorite. So if you look at the games forum list, and take away those three very large sections you see I don't get CRAP to play. ...

And yet play them you do...

Kaens
06-29-2007, 06:40 AM
And yet play them you do...
Yup because I'm addicted to gamerscore. I've admitted as much all over these boards ;)

ipwnu
06-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Man do I love FPS's, except maybe, Black. It's annoying. But anyway, I don't think there are too many FPS's. As long as they keep making them better, I won't care how many there are.

xInsanExSniper
06-29-2007, 03:24 PM
I agree theres never to many FPS's. :)

KewlBrettC
06-29-2007, 03:36 PM
Halo 3 Pre Ordered
The Darkness Will get
Call of Juarez Maybe
Killzone 2 no
Left 4 Dead no
Half Life 2: Orange Box maybe
Chronicals of Riddick no
Call of Duty 4 yes
Brothers in Arms: HH no
Crysis no
Quake Wars maybe
Bioshock no (not sure what it is)
Blacksite: Area 51 no (not sure what it is)
Timeshift no
Turok maybe
Hour of Victory no
UT3 no (not sure what that is)
Haze no (not sure what that is)
Medal of Honor: Airborne no
Metriod Prime 3 A Wii Game?!? i have the wii but i hate it because it gives no gamerscore lol. no

and seriously dude 25% of these games ive never heard of before

Sebastian55
06-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Being as first person shooters are my favorite genre of games, I'm going to say no. I hope they keep bringing them out at a nice and steady pace.

X-Breakaway
07-01-2007, 05:46 PM
I don't care, because I love FPS. Just can't get enough of them.

I will be getting for sure:
Chronicals of Riddick
Call of Duty 4 - Already pre-ordered it.
UT3
Medal of Honor: Airborne - Already pre-ordered it.

Renting first before buying:
Bioshock
Turok
Halo 3

alex4283
07-01-2007, 07:00 PM
I voted yes because there are already so many fps's for the 360 as it is. They need more games like oblivion, dead rising, and crackdown. just my opinion.

Wandering Proof
07-01-2007, 07:16 PM
There are far to many. One thing I have always disliked about Xbox is its lack of variety. I love RPG's and you only get them once in a blue moon. Also just a mix of play styles is fun. I understand first person shooters lend themselves to community play but enough is enough.

Hulking Bubba65
07-01-2007, 07:33 PM

Actually, you could shoot and kill him, and then score a goal on him.:biglaugh

But anyways, on topic now, there can never be too many shooters, is that even possible?!??!

TacticalChaos15
07-01-2007, 08:50 PM
No way, are you serious? Heck no, it is my favorite genre of video games and I think just about every game I own is an FPS except oblivion and madden.... and just about every game on my list to buy is a FPS ( except two worlds so far). As long as they have easy achievements or are relatively inventive or are produced by Mr Clancy ( splinter cell conviction anyone?) I will always buy FPS games. Or TPS, I like those too. ( third person shooters ex. Gears of war).
GO FPS GAMES!

PerpetualHeaven
07-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Yes, there are too many but I'm only buying some. The ones I'm buying are:
-Halo 3
-Crysis
-Bioshock
-TimeShift (maybe)
-Haze (maybe)

But I'm completely satisfied with RPG releases. Eternal Sonata and Blue Dragon. Woot.

M7.Ninja
07-06-2007, 09:45 AM
My friend, there is no reason to complain as long as the games are good enough. I plan to get the following, assuming they're all on the 360 or the Wii:

Halo 3
Chronicals of Riddick
Crysis
Bioshock
Turok
Metriod Prime 3

Vista
07-06-2007, 09:00 PM
who cares if there are alot

Gears is over-rated--If people didnt like FPS theyh wouldnt make more!!

Good FPS-Rainbow-COD-Quake-Halo-Shadowrun-GRAW(both)-Darkness-7

Good TPS-Gears-GRAW(both)-2

WHO WINS??

Tekumel
07-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Actually, you could shoot and kill him, and then score a goal on him.:biglaugh

But anyways, on topic now, there can never be too many shooters, is that even possible?!??!

Just a further reminder that SOMEBODY NEEDS TO BRING BACK THE MUTANT LEAGUE SPORTS FRANCHISE!

On topic...dear god yes there's FAR too many FPS. When they take a good RPG franchise like Shadowrun & turn it into a crap Counterstrike clone, things have obviously gone too far.

Out of that entire list, I'm interested in two games: Half-Life 2 (Only for Portals. Yes, it's FPS...but it's puzzle based FPS, and I've played the precursor to it, the puzzles are damn fun), and UT3 (Assuming this is Unreal Tournament...I don't know why, I've just always loved the UT games. It's just variations on the same themes as other FPS, but they always seem to do it better).

zdarko43
07-09-2007, 03:22 PM
theres always been too many fps's. period.

but its the diversity, gameplay, style, and graphics that make the diamonds out of the coal.

everyone has their own taste. so i think diversity is good.