PDA

View Full Version : Easy to pick up?

Mokilicious
03-03-2011, 11:26 PM
I have NEVER played a MK game in my life (played MK vs. DC Universe but that probably doesn't count). Will this game be difficult for newbies and if so, should I buy UMK3 to get ready for it? I play other fighting games such as Street Fighter, MvC and Tekken if that helps.

Tapion
03-03-2011, 11:36 PM
I'd say its easy to pick up. Just basing it off playing the past MK's.
As for UMK3, don't think its on the market place anymore.

If you've played a Street Fighter or any type of fighting game you should be fine.

Cav Clayton
03-04-2011, 01:46 AM
The learning curve is no where near as steep as games like SF can be. Playing MK vs DC will get you 'ready' so to speak. This game is more about juggling combos than anything.

Pieville
03-04-2011, 03:45 AM
I read somewhere that it's gonna be easy for newbies to get into this game while still being advanced enough for veterans.

Cav Clayton
03-05-2011, 01:07 PM
^ Pretty much.

You can pick up and have fun right off the bat, but it is very deep so anyone who's taken the time will pummel you.

Mokilicious
03-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Ok. Thanks for the info guys. So if it's about juggling combos then it's kinda similar to juggling in Tekken and air combos in MvC I suppose. I'm probably going to get it then. I'm really disappointed in MvC3 that's why I want a good fighting game to play.

Stollykin
03-05-2011, 06:02 PM
It shouldn't be too difficult to pick up, it is just a matter of learning the combos.

xxcrzy1xx
03-05-2011, 06:04 PM
I'm really disappointed in MvC3 that's why I want a good fighting game to play.

Slightly OT: Why were you disapointed in MvC3? :eek: I havnt played it yet so I could be off base here but it looked pretty good

Mokilicious
03-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Slightly OT: Why were you disapointed in MvC3? :eek: I havnt played it yet so I could be off base here but it looked pretty good

I just don't like how it plays. They put an emphasis on aerial combos so you don't really get to use special moves that much. Also, I hate the characters. The cool ones like Deadpool and Dante are too cheap and overpowered. It just doesn't feel the same. It's also hard to find matches online and you can't spectate other matches while in a lobby.

misfit13
03-06-2011, 05:37 PM
I just didn't like the 2d play style as well as Streetfighter 4.

dang racoons
03-06-2011, 06:21 PM
its should be easy enough to pick up and I read somewhere that the game will be easy to pick up for new players but there is still the complexity for fighting game experts.

PrinceOfThralls
03-06-2011, 08:26 PM
From what I've experienced with earlier MK games you can get easy into it and score some nice wins, but it will get harder at some point and you'll have to learn the hard combos and the deeper style to score the real win.
Yet nobody can say how it will turn out thought.