PDA

View Full Version : Traitor's Keep DLC install causing serious issues at Reever's Mansion

YITBOS
03-04-2011, 12:27 AM
Just a heads up that after you install the Traitor's Keep pack it will cause issues---which has the possibility to be a serious, game-breaking problem---with the "Wheel" game at Reaver's Mansion...

http://lionhead.com/forums/p/302351/3657367.aspx

The problem is that after you hold A to begin, the game gets stuck in the half-cinematic mode that lets you pause but doesn't take you to the Sanctuary. You still have basic movement controls and such, all of the doors and gates shut, but the "game" doesn't actually start... Reaver doesn't talk, the wheel doesn't get spun, and none of the gates open, etc.

This isn't a game-breaking issue if you just exit to the dashboard or turn it off WITHOUT SAVING first. Seems like some of the people on the Lionhead forums made that little mistake and are, more than likely, screwed.

I was just checking to see if anyone else had run into this problem and if it was, in fact, the DLC which caused it... but after I saw that some people are getting stuck and aren't able to get out, I thought it would be worth giving everyone a heads up to stay away from starting the Wheel game at Reaver's Mansion until this gets patched.

For me, I also found it caused a similar issues with the Mercenary Camp shooting game, where you're sitting there, ready, but the game never starts.

My money is with Mary's mini-game and the colored Hobbes that caused the issues. They most likely share common libraries for the mini-game foundations, which they had to modify for Mary's mini-game and broke the others.

Toams07
03-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Does anyone know if Fable 1is just as glitchy as Fable 2 and 3?

SkyJin
03-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Yitbos: I have the same problem, cannot do The Wheel of Misfortune or Shooting Range. I hope they fix this soon along with the demon doors/collectibles! :(

Atleast Lionhead is aware of it, so hopefully they will fix it soon. :)

Andreas_loel
03-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Does anyone know if Fable 1is just as glitchy as Fable 2 and 3?

From what i can remember it werent that glitchy and it certainly gave you a better gaming experience.

Forsythia
03-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Another horrible glitch. It wouldn't be as bad if Lionhead implemented a descent save system, i.e. multiple saveslots and the ability to manually save. I'm avoiding Reaver's Mansion until this is patched. :(

Shdwwrym
03-07-2011, 11:22 AM
I was looking forward to this DLC, but I've already had to redo 50 hours of play time cause of a bug. I'm not going through that again, and I'm waiting until this is patched to get the DLC. I've warned my friends of it as well, so I hope they'll fix this properly and timely...

kiwicupra
03-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Just found a scenery BUG in the 'Defeat Witchcraft Mary' quest in the menagerie. In the Hollow man room after Disco Hobbes, you enter the room in the top left corner there is a mound of earth with a vine tree in it, dont get too close or you will get caught in a scenery glitch and wont be able to get out. To identify the corner, the wall to the left has three chimney vats stood against it. It was late so I decided to call it a day, and out of habit saved the game and left, only to find next time I came to play it put me back into the scenery glith F@ck.
Half an hour later after signing a second controller in and interacting with my glitched player doing Pat A Cake n sh!t I did eventually get out, otherwise I would have lost over 100 hours of game save. I could go to the Sanctuary, but I could not Fast Travel anywhere because I was in the middle of a Quest.
I dont think Fable 3 has been properly play tested for problems as there has been far too many bugs.
Lion Studio's if you need some Beta testing on Fable 4, drop me a message...lol

arachnophilia
03-07-2011, 09:59 PM
From what i can remember it werent that glitchy and it certainly gave you a better gaming experience.

it was just slow as hell, and for some odd reason, took five minutes to save again every time you loaded. why you'd need to auto-save after you loaded a save, i don't know.

TomShackles
03-08-2011, 04:27 AM
Thank you so much for the heads up. I've already been hit with the achievement glitch in the DLC, and a game ender like this would just be the last knife in the back.

diosprometheus
03-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Just a heads up that after you install the Traitor's Keep pack it will cause issues---which has the possibility to be a serious, game-breaking problem---with the "Wheel" game at Reaver's Mansion...

http://lionhead.com/forums/p/302351/3657367.aspx

The problem is that after you hold A to begin, the game gets stuck in the half-cinematic mode that lets you pause but doesn't take you to the Sanctuary. You still have basic movement controls and such, all of the doors and gates shut, but the "game" doesn't actually start... Reaver doesn't talk, the wheel doesn't get spun, and none of the gates open, etc.

This isn't a game-breaking issue if you just exit to the dashboard or turn it off WITHOUT SAVING first. Seems like some of the people on the Lionhead forums made that little mistake and are, more than likely, screwed.

I was just checking to see if anyone else had run into this problem and if it was, in fact, the DLC which caused it... but after I saw that some people are getting stuck and aren't able to get out, I thought it would be worth giving everyone a heads up to stay away from starting the Wheel game at Reaver's Mansion until this gets patched.

For me, I also found it caused a similar issues with the Mercenary Camp shooting game, where you're sitting there, ready, but the game never starts.

My money is with Mary's mini-game and the colored Hobbes that caused the issues. They most likely share common libraries for the mini-game foundations, which they had to modify for Mary's mini-game and broke the others.

I had already beaten the game before adding the new DLC but this happened to me. I also found that the shooting range, one of my favs, was broken after adding the DLC but I am not sure when this happened as I recall playing it once before starting the mission of the DLC. To me this is a serious issue, especially if it interfers with any new games I might want to start or other. I was not entirely happy with this game, my first Fable game, and this makes me less happy as the bugs began to add up as the game progressed.

diosprometheus
03-10-2011, 05:01 AM
Here's another problem I have encountered since adding TK. I did a save on top of the Fort where the Kaboom challenge is and now I can no longer load my game so I have lost countless hours because of this DLC. Good news is that I am able to transfer weapons to another profile on my Xbox. Bad news is that I can't remove TK from the XBox as the save game will not load without it. Classic Dog chasing its tail.

Also the game and the saving have become considerable slower and glitchy with this adding to it.

Sarge McD
03-11-2011, 02:11 AM
Pretty angry. Just got the DLC and just tried this, first thing I did and now I am stuck. I am no starting a new game, that is retarded.

Nabieb
03-18-2011, 03:44 PM
They should test the game on glitches before they want money for it.
We all paid money for a DLC that sometimes is very glitchy.
The DLC is good but only the glitches. I like the new locations and the story.

TUSCANreborn
04-30-2011, 03:37 PM
I've not purchased the TK DLC but have the same problem, so does that mean the free soldier outfit DLC bugs the game too?

Toams07
05-01-2011, 09:59 AM
I've not purchased the TK DLC but have the same problem, so does that mean the free soldier outfit DLC bugs the game too?

Not all bugs ingame are caused by DLC.
It seems highly unlikely to me a little thing as an outfit will cause problems.
That's probably just an error in the game itself

TUSCANreborn
05-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Not all bugs ingame are caused by DLC.
It seems highly unlikely to me a little thing as an outfit will cause problems.
That's probably just an error in the game itself

I did think that but I had another look at said DLC which is exactly the same size as the TC DLC, it also allows people to co-op with people who have the TC DLC. Maybe its pretty much the same thing? Who knows.

bakeryfreshgame
06-13-2011, 08:44 AM
The fact that it allows you to play with people who have the TK DLC says to me that the bad code is in there and that is where Lionhead should look to so they don't have to look through the entire TK code to figure out the broken line or lines. However in a spot of bad news for all here who haven't read the other forum post on the patching, it would appear as though LH has no plans for a title update to patch it. They basically said that we have to work around it... though how you "work around" needing to restart the game is beyond me.