PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is with the bugged collection achievements?

Its Fooga
03-04-2011, 03:31 AM
Seriously...this is really stupid. First the '20 friends' achievement bugs, and now all of the diary collection achievements are glitched.

What the hell Lionhead?

dakisbac
03-04-2011, 06:16 AM
They're not glitched, they unlock after the reading of the final book.

Captain Urahara
03-04-2011, 06:22 AM
None of them glitched for me.

Did you actually sit through and let it read the books?

cjkip76
03-04-2011, 08:05 AM
All books need to be read, no problems for me.

Its Fooga
03-04-2011, 09:24 AM
What? There's absolutely no instruction ANYWHERE where it says to actually read them to get the achievement. Only to simply collect them.

I do however, have an interesting hunch to avoid this glitch based on what I've seen so far.

Alright, first off...these collectibles are different in co-op compared to the other collectibles in the original retail. Why? Because only the host can collect them. I'll get to that in a second.

To most likely avoid this, you have to get either a set of diaries (I.E. Faraday's, Mary's, etc.) or perhaps ALL of them in a single sitting. I say this because I have the "Diary of a sad man" achievement, which is Faraday. I got his books out of order, so I don't think that matters, BUT...I got them in one sitting.

I got one Mary book while going through her island, and one Turner book at the end. When I went back for Faradays books I got the achievement (At this point I had gotten Faradays diaries, one from Turner, and one from Mary's set in one sitting).

Afterwards I decided to join another players game, and when I came back, I got the rest of Mary's books and Turners books and BAM, no achievements for either. I'm quite sure that, until a patch, you HAVE to get ALL of them WITHOUT turning your console off or joining another players game, or you will risk the achievements glitching.

Now going back to my first paragraph (which will most likely prove my theory), I played in a local co-op game with my brother, on his file, and he got all of Mary's diaries in one go (I went with him thinking I would get the achievement as well), but he only got it.

So there. All diaries. One sitting. On your file. No glitch.

I guess in the meantime I can make a new guy...but I honestly don't know why or how you guys even thought that reading them would give it to me.

Shadowboxer99
03-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Fooga, I think your theory is dead on.

I went through the story line and picked up a few books here and there, but planned on going back later to actually get them all. Well, I now have all 5 Sad Man books (and yes after reading what the others said I went up to them in the Keep and "read" them all) and I have no achievement.

It's so aggravating...who would have thought? I mean could you imagine having to get all 50 gnomes in one setting? I'm so friggin mad. I'll have to do them all on another game because I already picked up 2 of Mary's and 2 of Turner's. :mad:

Shadowboxer99
03-04-2011, 05:47 PM
What? There's absolutely no instruction ANYWHERE where it says to actually read them to get the achievement. Only to simply collect them.......
I guess in the meantime I can make a new guy...but I honestly don't know why or how you guys even thought that reading them would give it to me.

I also thought the reading theory was kinda lame too. I mean, when you "pick up" the book it reads the whole darn thing to you. You don't go out of your way to do it, so if reading is what unlocks it then simply picking up the book will do. Sigh.