PDA

View Full Version : Game Info

L3giOn
06-23-2007, 11:48 AM
In the largest and deepest Tony Hawk game yet, gamers are now in total control of their skating destiny in Tony Hawk's Proving Ground. Set in the streets of Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., the title empowers players with the freedom to define their character, story and style based on the choices they make, the paths they select and the style of skating they want. The game delivers deeper customization than ever before, including a full-featured video editor to create epic skate videos and a completely customizable online Skate Lounge, where players can skate with friends in the ultimate pad. Gamers also have the freedom to skate from single player to online seamlessly. Tony Hawk's Proving Ground also features an arsenal of amazingly detailed Nail the Trick moves, and new gameplay mechanics like skateable terrain building and Bowl Carving to deliver the most personalized and immersive skating experience ever.
KEY FEATURES:

Freedom to Play Your Way: Players are now given unprecedented control of their skating experience. They can mold and shape their character however they choose the choices they make and the paths they travel determine how they evolve as a skater. As gamers progress, they develop into any combination of three skater classes, acquiring attributes and skills of a contest-winning Career Athlete, a fast and furious Hardcore Skater or a creative maverick Rigger, who alters and modifies the world as a giant skatepark.
Create Epic Skate Videos with the Full-Featured Video Editor: Players can capture all of their sickest tricks and bails with Neversoft's new video editor to make their very own skate videos. Command the footage using a full-suite of video editing tools, lens modes, camera angles and effects to cut clips and combine clips, add a personal soundtrack and even showcase online to share with others or simply move up the leaderboard rankings.
Seamless Integration Between Online Multiplayer and Single Player Experience: Gamers can join online multiplayer action anytime directly from the single player story mode and take all of their character's skills, attributes and stats online. Additionally, they can create their own personal Skate Lounge and invite others to view their winnings or join them for an online skate session.
Expanded Gameplay Mechanics Deliver Unprecedented Control: Tony Hawk's Proving Ground introduces eight all new gameplay mechanics empowering players to play the way they want: Expanded Nail-the-Trick moves such as Nail-the-Grab and Nail-the Manual, Bowl Carving, Aggro Push, Skate Checking, Climbing/Exploration, Environment Altering and Rig-a-Kit.
Guidance From Skateboarding Pros to Create Your Legacy: As they define their character, players will learn new tricks and mechanics from their favorite skateboarding stars. Tony Hawk's Proving Ground features a diverse roster of the sport's hottest athletes, including Tony Hawk, Ryan Sheckler, Arto Saari, Jereme Rogers, Daewon Song, Jeff King and more.
Greater Variety of Customization: At any time they want, players have the ability to use the Rig-a-Kit and Environment Altering mechanics to transform any locale into their own personal skate park. They can even personalize their Skate Lounge with items such as furniture, plasma TV's and more. Tony Hawk's Proving Ground also delivers a full, ambient world from real-time weather effects to random world events for the most empowered and dynamic experience ever.

Vampire x360a
06-23-2007, 07:24 PM
sounds liek the best tony game so far, the last game was kinda lame but the rest of taken up hours of my gaming life

Illution
06-23-2007, 09:13 PM
This game looks sick!! I can't wait. Looks like there will be a wide range of things to do and what not.

Cold Rival
06-23-2007, 09:38 PM
I agree. The game sounds absolutely awesome. I like the idea that Activision have brought back the customization and park creator, which was a massive hit in the previous titles. I was confused at why they'd leave out such a great part of the game when Project 8 was made, but still, it's good news that it's coming back.

Spades12321
06-24-2007, 12:49 PM
Sounds pretty good I hope its not as hard as THP8 :woop:

DoM cAbAn
07-04-2007, 04:07 AM
Sounds pretty good I hope its not as hard as THP8 :woop:

Wow, yeah same with me. I thought Project 8 was incredibly hard, as I can't even get past Rank 6. :mad: But the new one coming out sounds like they have really taken these games to the next level. Can't wait for it.

KRAZY KILLLER
07-18-2007, 10:13 PM
For me id give project 8 a 7/10 for hardness or achievements in my opinion they gotta be harder.

LukeP91
07-19-2007, 11:55 AM
yeah THP8 wasnt that hard, i havent got all the 1000 GS, but i could of if i hadnt of sold it so early on. this looks great though, it will be one that ill definately get.

redsoxfan5592
08-12-2007, 05:49 AM
i'm just mad at wasting $60 for project 8 when I could have saved it for this year's proving ground. Its sounds 1000 times better than project 8.

Bodangles
08-26-2007, 11:43 PM
project 8, although frustrating, was still a great game and the achievements, which were once again frustrating, are the way achievements should be with few online and mostly offline that includes going out of your way to excel for points (classic goals). proving ground still does sound pretty sickly.

Mtld
08-27-2007, 02:49 PM
We know Tony Hawk is a great game... the question is, can it be greater every time ?

No matter how many new stuff they put on this game, it's the originality of the game (goals), the maps, and the achievements that will make it or break it...

UNDERWALLY
08-31-2007, 12:17 AM
I think that the achievements are going to be even harder, but i think its going to be the best skating game ever, im still waiting for Skate (maybe is even better)

conor bp
09-10-2007, 05:18 PM
i think this is gona be the best tony hawk but the last game tony hawk project 8 was awful they best of made improvements from tht

HondaDr
10-16-2007, 02:17 AM
This will be the best Hawk game to date. And thank god, Im so sick of skate!