PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat Demo coming soon to 360 and ps3.

Annalie
03-04-2011, 06:54 AM
http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/115/1153381p1.html :Bounce::Bounce::Bounce::Bounce::eek:
It will be available for us to download on march 15 in 2 weeks.

KillerChris8814
03-04-2011, 07:13 AM
That's another download for the 15th, why couldn't it be the 8th. Oh well, something else to play while waiting for the game. At least we get to see how the controls fell before it's out.

jswartz0181
03-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Where exactly do you get it will be available to us on the 15th? That's the PlayStation date, with it saying XBL will get it sometime after that.

Annalie
03-04-2011, 08:13 AM
Where exactly do you get it will be available to us on the 15th? That's the PlayStation date, with it saying XBL will get it sometime after that.

I suppose your right damn..... i found this

http://testyourmight.com/forum/content.php?689-Mortal-Kombat-9-Demo-On-The-Way!

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studios announce a demo for the highly-anticipated fighting game, Mortal Kombat. Available on March 8th, this action-packed demo puts the fight into the hands of the gamers and offers them the chance to master iconic warriors Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Mileena and Johnny Cage in two of the games most renowned arenas - the Living Forest and the Pit. The demo features the arcade ladder for one or two players.

The demo will be available exclusively for PlayStation® Plus members globally for the PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system on March 8th and then open to all PlayStation®Network users worldwide on March 15th.

The demo will later be available for download on Xbox Live for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

The newest chapter of Mortal Kombat, legendary fighting game franchise, marks a triumphant return to the series' roots in the fastest and most brutal installment to date. Available on April 19 for PS3 and 360, Mortal Kombat goes back to a mature presentations and reinvents its classic 2D fighting mechanic in addition to adding new game-play features including tag team, a deeper story mode, and nostalgic arcade battle online and offline. Players will be able to choose from an extensive lineup of the game's iconic warriors and challenge their friends in traditional 1 vs. 1 matches as well as several new game modes. Exclusive to the PlayStation 3, fans will be able to play as and against infamous God of War fighter Kratos and take advantage of the game in Stereoscopic 3D. The game is being developed by the newly re-named NetherRealm Studios, led by Mortal Kombat creator and creative director Ed Boon.

Please note that this game is rated M for mature and is not appropriate for gamers under the age of 17 without parental consent.

Please let us know if you have any questions about Mortal Kombat or how we can assist you with your coverage of the game. Cheers!

Well all in all im still happy for this news and we will get the demo soon hang in there guys....:uzi:

Cinderkin
03-05-2011, 08:45 AM
Glad I have a PS3, but Damn I'm not paying for PS+ just to play the demo a week early. I'm glad they are doing a demo though, because I truly want this game to be great, but need to play it before I shell out the cash for the Kollectors Edition.

BlindxLink
03-05-2011, 12:20 PM
I got PS+ a couple months ago and I do not regret it at all. Tons of free games just for having it, exclusive demos (including this one), discounts, themes, etc.

I'm wayyy too excited for the 8th.

Vulger Spartan
03-05-2011, 02:59 PM
I'm getting the Demo & I preordered the Kollector's Edition. its Middle of the Road and I get some bad ass book ends Which I'm Thinking of Using on My MK Guides I Collected over the last 20 years.

tobiasdennis
03-05-2011, 06:35 PM
bad ass book ends Which I'm Thinking of Using on My MK Guides I Collected over the last 20 years.
haha, man that's so awesome. I WISH I still had all my old guides. I remember taking the old prima guide for mortal kombat 2 to fucking grade school with me so I could sit there and draw baraka all day. i'm 27 now. ah... memories...

StillTIPPIN187
03-05-2011, 07:15 PM
wth man! you gotta have psplus to get it on the 8th.. Its bad enough paying for xbox online.. but ill never pay for playstation online. Im guessin this is gonna be one of the few Mulitplat games that have been developed on the ps3.. might have to get it on the ps3 then if thats the case. but ive always use my ps3 for sony exclusives and everything else for 360 since the games are developed on 360.

BlindxLink
03-05-2011, 08:26 PM
wth man! you gotta have psplus to get it on the 8th.. Its bad enough paying for xbox online.. but ill never pay for playstation online. Im guessin this is gonna be one of the few Mulitplat games that have been developed on the ps3.. might have to get it on the ps3 then if thats the case. but ive always use my ps3 for sony exclusives and everything else for 360 since the games are developed on 360.

I can barely understand what you're trying to say. Either way, you don't look intelligent.

Games are always developed on 360? LOL.

I honestly hope you're joking.

tobiasdennis
03-05-2011, 08:52 PM
I can barely understand what you're trying to say. Either way, you don't look intelligent.
Games are always developed on 360? LOL.
I honestly hope you're joking.
he's RIGHT dude. do some research before insulting the guy.

he didn't say games are always developed on 360, he was saying MOST CROSS PLATFORM games are. he's CORRECT. any developer will confirm this. microsoft has better developing tools, so most (not all, or always, or whatever the fuck you THOUGHT you read) cross platform games are made for 360 then ported over to the PS3. that's why a lot of times, you see games that SHOULD look and run better on PS3 (it IS a more powerful system after all) but suffer compared to the 360 versions. I thought this was common knowledge??

i'm not trying to attack you but, you know, read slower before you jump down someones throat

st1ggmatta
03-05-2011, 09:18 PM
can. not. wait.!

BlindxLink
03-05-2011, 09:45 PM
he didn't say games are always developed on 360, he was saying MOST CROSS PLATFORM games are. he's CORRECT. any developer will confirm this. microsoft has better developing tools, so most (not all, or always, or whatever the fuck you THOUGHT you read) cross platform games are made for 360 then ported over to the PS3. that's why a lot of times, you see games that SHOULD look and run better on PS3 (it IS a more powerful system after all) but suffer compared to the 360 versions. I thought this was common knowledge??

Not once in his post did he say MOST. He said "everything else for 360 since the games are developed on 360."

I wasn't judging him on what he said about porting, it's the way he wrote his whole post. Especially when he said he didn't want to pay for "playstation online". It's nothing like xbox live.

Also, I guess I was looking at it like he was saying every single cross platform game (even PC) is developed on the xbox, then just ported to the other consoles. That's why I said "LOL".

So calm down champ. Let's play some catch in the backyard later, huh?

tobiasdennis
03-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Not once in his post did he say MOST.

ok well...

Im guessin this is gonna be one of the few Mulitplat games that have been developed on the ps3

same fucking thing, HOSS

and i'm all for playing catch, CHIEF

:cool:

Tapion
03-06-2011, 02:28 AM
I'll just download it on PS3, and check it out on the 15th.

I just remember the MK2 fatality guide, that game with a Gamepro way back when I think, and this pretty sweet poster. Played the shit out of that game.

Annalie
03-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Well now that the demo is out today for PS3 users. care to share what its like? i know there are quite a few of you here that own both consoles. :)

BlindxLink
03-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Well now that the demo is out today for PS3 users. care to share what its like? i know there are quite a few of you here that own both consoles. :)

It's still not up on the PSN store. I've been waiting all morning. I'll update this and let ya know. If I had my capture card I would broadcast a couple rounds.

Runny
03-09-2011, 07:06 PM
bad ass. d/led it last night. Fluid controls, great graphics and the animations are SIIIIICKKKK!! The analog stick was difficult for me, so I used the D-pad with more success (one of the reasons I'll probably opt for PS3 version...360 Dpad sucks). it feels like you're playing MK2 in high def, which is pretty much all I wanted. MK is back.

Vulger Spartan
03-10-2011, 07:03 AM
haha, man that's so awesome. I WISH I still had all my old guides. I remember taking the old prima guide for mortal kombat 2 to fucking grade school with me so I could sit there and draw baraka all day. i'm 27 now. ah... memories...

Yeah Me Too I carried it everywhere like a Bible, But I had the MKII Guide By Infotainment World Books (like the one below), Lol The Pages are loose, cock-eyed and uneven now & The Binding has been Taped & Glued More times than Cher lol. It looks like the Grail Diary from Indiana Jones.

It even had an Awesome Rumors page, including fake pics of an Animality for Sub-Zero, a Red Male Ninja called 'Red Robin' & Living Forest & Deadpool Hooks Stage Fatalities. The Best Part: those Rumors all Ended up in future MK games. I have to try & post a scan of the page

http://fp.enter.net/%7Ejkool/MKMUSEUM/MKMUSEUMPICS/Guides/mk2book.jpg

IIISETIII
03-15-2011, 04:02 AM
There's still no confirmed date for the 360 demo? Hopefully it's out later on today with the release of the PS3 demo.

Annalie
03-15-2011, 05:29 AM
Yea im keeping my fingers crossed and if not today then this week for sure.

Vulger Spartan
03-15-2011, 02:19 PM
I bet its like the demo for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 (or maybe it was Ghostbusters Demo?) it was said to come out on a Tuesday & it actually came out Tuesday going into Wednesday morning around 3:30-4:00am. Some place got it Before Midnight in the Western US.

I had it happen I was waiting for a Demo for a game & it didnt come out until a week & Half before the game, when it was supposed to come like a Month before on Major Nelson's Blog's calander... so who knows lol

TEBellant
03-15-2011, 05:49 PM
I bet its like the demo for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 (or maybe it was Ghostbusters Demo?) it was said to come out on a Tuesday & it actually came out Tuesday going into Wednesday morning around 3:30-4:00am. Some place got it Before Midnight in the Western US.

I had it happen I was waiting for a Demo for a game & it didnt come out until a week & Half before the game, when it was supposed to come like a Month before on Major Nelson's Blog's calander... so who knows lol

I wouldn't care if it was a week before the game came out I just wish they'd tell us when its coming. It's annoying that Warner Bros. is basically the ps3's fuck buddy haha Pardon my french. :drunk

SuddenJonatan
03-15-2011, 06:00 PM
I want it now

jswartz0181
03-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Let's just hope that when we do get it, if the Xbox exclusive is a game play mode, it's available in the demo, and is so awesome, when the PS3 users find out about it, they'll start crying. :P That I would say would be more than worth all this uncertainty as to when we'll be getting our hands on the game. :) Like TEBellant, I don't really care when we get it, but it would be nice to know when it will be, rather than just "later." Hopefully the adage "Good things come to those who wait," holds true for us. ;)

Mokilicious
03-15-2011, 09:44 PM
Isn't the demo supposed to come out today? Where the f@%& is it? x( (Lol.)

IIISETIII
03-15-2011, 10:06 PM
Isn't the demo supposed to come out today? Where the f@%& is it? x( (Lol.)

It's supposed to be out today for PS3. No release date for the 360 demo.

Smoo
03-15-2011, 10:37 PM
I keep bugging Ed Boon on Twitter about it. I can't wait to get my paws on it!

Mokilicious
03-15-2011, 11:05 PM
It's supposed to be out today for PS3. No release date for the 360 demo.

Oh wow. I thought the demo was going to be released for PS3 and 360 on the same day (today). Thank you for clarifying! :eek:

M 0 R T I K I A
03-16-2011, 12:23 AM
PS3 Demo just got put up for regular PSN users. i hope its out for 360 tomorrow.

Smoo
03-16-2011, 12:52 AM
I see people discussing the d-pad a lot on this thread and in other places. Is there a reason why the game doesn't control well with the analog stick on the PS3's controller?

I don't like using arcade-style sticks so I'm hoping the Xbox analog stick feels comfortable. I don't see why it wouldn't, but I'm seeing enough reports of people insisting on using a d-pad to question it. Can anyone shed some light?

jswartz0181
03-16-2011, 12:55 AM
Of course, I know I'm not the only one who finds the PS controls very uncomfortable/inconvenient in that department, and likes the Xbox control layout FAR more. Hopefully that's the issue for them, and thus would be more of a non-issue for us.

thereefernander
03-16-2011, 05:58 AM
It's past the 15th, me wants my xbox demo!

Evo Kazz
03-16-2011, 06:56 AM
Be patient, its out today, we should see it in about 4 hours from now

Annalie
03-16-2011, 08:22 AM

ORLY?:eek: naw your just fooling.

Genesis x360a
03-16-2011, 08:47 AM

For real, Its out today? We usally only get things released on the Marketplace on a Tuesday & Thursday.

Cav Clayton
03-16-2011, 09:43 AM
When was it confirmed 360 users would get the demo today?
I've heard more reports/rumours saying NEXT Tuesday.

Evo Kazz
03-16-2011, 11:08 AM
I know PS3 gets it today just presumed we would as well, I think the news article posted here weeks ago said 16th, I may be wrong though.

Smoo
03-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Please don't pass things off as facts unless you have confirmation and proof. As of right now, there's been no official word on a date for the demo.

This morning I saw a tweet on Ed Boon's Twitter account (@noobde):

"RT @pmoney419 @noobde y does it seem like your ignoring xbox fans Noobde: Because you aren't aware of the details I can't talk about."

thereefernander
03-16-2011, 11:31 AM
I know PS3 gets it today just presumed we would as well, I think the news article posted here weeks ago said 16th, I may be wrong though.

PS3 demo came out like a week ago..

Genesis x360a
03-16-2011, 11:52 AM
PS3 demo came out like a week ago..

Yes but only for PS3 Plus users. Its out for everyone on PS3 today.

thereefernander
03-16-2011, 11:57 AM
o.O *runs to friends house who owns a PS3*

XXPh3n0m3n4LXX
03-16-2011, 12:31 PM
I just played the demo on the PS3 and it's damn sickning. I noticed they killed the "Run" button :( I'm looking forward to the xbox version though :)

SevenJesterHats
03-16-2011, 12:35 PM
I see people discussing the d-pad a lot on this thread and in other places. Is there a reason why the game doesn't control well with the analog stick on the PS3's controller?

I don't like using arcade-style sticks so I'm hoping the Xbox analog stick feels comfortable. I don't see why it wouldn't, but I'm seeing enough reports of people insisting on using a d-pad to question it. Can anyone shed some light?

Just get one of these bad boys! :D

http://www.justpushstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/New-Xbox-360-controller-340x300.jpg

Smoo
03-16-2011, 12:58 PM

http://www.justpushstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/New-Xbox-360-controller-340x300.jpg

While the controller looks really cool I'm hoping I don't have to buy one. That's why I'm curious about the specifics of the control scheme. I find the thumbstick to be in a much more comfortable position than the d-pad is.

Hopefully I'll find out soon if the Xbox demo gets released. I'm sure someone's making some money off of this exclusive thing with PS3 but it's sad that it leaves Xbox gamers out of the loop for a while.

M 0 R T I K I A
03-16-2011, 01:07 PM

People are talking more about d pads because this game has movements like this; <,>,^... ect instead of quarter circles or half moons that can easily be pulled off with the arcade stick, or analog stick.

As for the demo release date;

PS+ March 08
PSN March 15 (got it last night 8pm EST)
360 March ?? hasent been announced, I my self was hoping for today as PSN got it yesterday.

Smoo
03-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Cool, Mortika, thanks. I would assume the movements would have been created with analog sticks in mind considering those are the controllers the game will be played with. It looks like half the reviews I see discuss the d-pad and the other half just say how great the controls were. Guess I'll see when we get the demo!

Evo Kazz
03-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Please don't pass things off as facts unless you have confirmation and proof. As of right now, there's been no official word on a date for the demo.

This morning I saw a tweet on Ed Boon's Twitter account (@noobde):

"RT @pmoney419 @noobde y does it seem like your ignoring xbox fans Noobde: Because you aren't aware of the details I can't talk about."

Read above, said may be wrong!

Smoo
03-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Read above, said may be wrong!

It's cool. I wasn't referring to you specifically :)

D3MON ESEDESS
03-16-2011, 02:15 PM
This is sum bull i want my demo now

Evo Kazz
03-16-2011, 02:53 PM
I would not fret about controllers and what not guys, this happens everytime a fighter comes out, people start worrying about controllers, the standard XBOX pad is fine, I have 1000 Mortal Kombat Vs DC with a standard pad, and almost done SF4 / SSF4 trials, it really is not so bad, it just hurts your thumb lol.

I bought a Ken SF4 fightpad and its been dumped in my drawer for months as it sucks compared to standard pad. I too panicked when SF4 came out, and wasted £50.

Vulger Spartan
03-16-2011, 09:10 PM
PS3 Demo just got put up for regular PSN users. i hope its out for 360 tomorrow.

It will probably hit XBL on a Tuesday but sometimes I've seen Demos get a last minute add on Wednesdays. But Maybe a week or 2. Xbox.com forums are buzzing with "Where's the MK Demo", etc. so I hope it happens

M1 Punk
03-16-2011, 09:37 PM
I would not fret about controllers and what not guys, this happens everytime a fighter comes out, people start worrying about controllers, the standard XBOX pad is fine, I have 1000 Mortal Kombat Vs DC with a standard pad, and almost done SF4 / SSF4 trials, it really is not so bad, it just hurts your thumb lol.

I bought a Ken SF4 fightpad and its been dumped in my drawer for months as it sucks compared to standard pad. I too panicked when SF4 came out, and wasted £50.

I use the SSF4 Ken Fight Pad myself and I'm loving it for SSF4/MvC 3. It takes a little while to get used to though.

Plym
03-16-2011, 09:49 PM
I use the SSF4 Ken Fight Pad myself and I'm loving it for SSF4/MvC 3. It takes a little while to get used to though. I use the Cammy one and I love it too.
I use it for all fighters and all Arcade games and will be using it for MK.

S1l3ntA55asinC
03-17-2011, 03:10 AM
Being an XBOXer, I am going mad waiting for the demo to come out!! Lucky PS3ers! I absolutely CANNOT wait!! Even April seems an eternity away!

Evo Kazz
03-17-2011, 07:38 AM
Played the PS3 demo yesterday and the thing that hit my most was the GFX, the game looks amazing!! It also controls very smoothly, but the fatalities seem a bit awkward.

Koompbala
03-17-2011, 01:20 PM

The XConverter 360 is the only thing I use for fighting games I use the PS2 pad for DOA 4, SCIV, Tekken 6, and soon to be MK. The converter also supports PS controllers too but I prefer PS2 over PS3 anyway cant stand fat triggers. The XCM Crossfire converter is more expensive and much crappier

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6919/xconverter360p1.th.jpg (http://img218.imageshack.us/i/xconverter360p1.jpg/)

S1l3ntA55asinC
03-17-2011, 03:44 PM
That's a good point about the stick VS d-pad. Yeah the xbox dpad isn't in the most ergonomic place in the world but I think that the stick should be usable

YourDevastator
03-20-2011, 02:19 PM
still waiting on the 360 demo... :(

i check the marketplace every time i turn it on.

WackFiend
03-20-2011, 07:40 PM
still waiting on the 360 demo... :(

i check the marketplace every time i turn it on.

Typically, major 360 content is added to the marketplace at around 5AM EST on Tuesdays. So to save you some time, wait till then to check again.

PIKERB10
03-24-2011, 07:47 AM
just get one of these bad boys! :d

http://www.justpushstart.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/new-xbox-360-controller-340x300.jpg
i gott one on the release date and havent touched it until i play mooorrrtaaal kooommmbaaaaaaattt!!! So i can finish him!!! Lol

PANIC ATTACK 10
03-25-2011, 01:37 AM
i just got the demo on the ps3 today. heres how it looks & plays.

graphics are awesome! fantastic charater & backgrounds.

controls, i used the d-pad & it worked perfectly. the moves are easy to pull off. they have the moves listed when you pause during a match.

i didnt get a chance to do those bone crushing moves. the AI got me good though. i dont know how to do them. also i dont know the finishers either. AI didnt do finishers, just bone crushers & their moves.

i'm glad they went back to simple controls. i have the m vs c te stick for 360. i would like to see how good the 360 will be. but ps3 gets kronas <sp?>.

living forest was awesome. even had people hanging from the trees! you get to throw 2 different ways now. also how you throw is unique to each character. ie sub zero stabs you with ice blades & tosses you. great stuff!

this is not trolling/flaming, just info for those who dont have a ps3 :) hope this helps, i was against MK. now its a toss up between ps3 or 360. cant wait to see the 360 demo! either way this game is gonna be fighter of the year! they went back to old school controls. now everyone can enjoy pulling off moves with ease! but still havnt figured out finishers/babalities yet. Tons in this demo which is great! bring on 360 demo then bring on mmmmoooorrrtttaaalll mmmmooonnnnddaaayyy!

Colby
03-28-2011, 11:26 AM
if ps3 gets kronos then i wonder what the 360will get if it even gets a character....Maybe a spartan like in DOA but with hayabusa armor.THat would be sick

Annalie
03-28-2011, 04:25 PM
if ps3 gets kronos then i wonder what the 360will get if it even gets a character....Maybe a spartan like in DOA but with hayabusa armor.THat would be sick

Actually i think the opposite, and try to stay on topic. this thread is for discussing the demo.

Vulger Spartan
03-28-2011, 04:54 PM
First off, JUST SAY NO to Halo in Mortal Kombat, Also Gears of War and any other franchise's Characters. I was on the Fence for a While then I had a realization The Exclusive Character will be Mega Un-Balanced

The Demo However is Coming IGN said its coming soon as of yesterdays new Article. No Date but... I'm sure they didnt pluck it out of the air

thereefernander
03-28-2011, 05:15 PM
First off, JUST SAY NO to Halo in Mortal Kombat

Yes sir.

Halo and MK do not mix one fucking bit. It would be an insult to the series. I don't know how so many people are like "omgeez put masta chiefers in Mortal Kombat for Xboxs" fags.

Soundwave77
03-28-2011, 10:22 PM
i def wanna see a character from gears of war and not jus marcus. make it like a locust or dom. but i kinda also hope its not a character, add like a stage or a spectator mode or a tag team where all 4 players control a character

D3MON ESEDESS
03-29-2011, 12:28 AM
If they wanna add somebody why not ryu hayaybusa he would b better than any halo or gears person

Vulger Spartan
03-29-2011, 04:10 AM
As Far as the Demo Goes I Dont think NetherRealm studios & WB Games will make it a PS3 Early Exclusive Next time around since the PS3 system code was released a while back making it the Easiest system to hack now & therefore had these super Leaks.

Also NetherRealm will probably Strip the MK Sequel's Demo of any items that can be leaked to reveal roster & Hidden warriors.
But after thinking about it, I realized the Sequel Probably wont get a Demo after This Debacle.

But Here's to hoping we still get our Demo this Time lol

Annalie
04-01-2011, 07:04 AM
Yea lets just hope its out on April 5th, and if not oh well. im just growing tired of checking every Tuesday at noon to find nothing.