PDA

View Full Version : How many times have you played the demo?

Worhammer
03-05-2011, 12:34 AM
Two for me. Going to do a third after I finish posting here.

That'll make one as a rogue, one as a warrior, next is mage.

Argh tuesday can't come fast enough.

Vindicator51
03-05-2011, 12:39 AM
Yeah, i played every class as well. I'm leaning towards the Rogue, because they're just so valuable and situational to play with.

solo07
03-05-2011, 12:40 AM
3, one with each class. I'm leaning towards warriors. I can't decide whether sword and shield or dual wield as first playthrough :S

bmakar83
03-05-2011, 02:30 AM
Also played all three classes, trying to decide between Rogue and Mage.

And I concur, is it Tuesday yet.........

bmakar83
03-05-2011, 02:58 AM
3, one with each class. I'm leaning towards warriors. I can't decide whether sword and shield or dual wield as first playthrough :S

I thought they took out the option to play as a dual wielding warrior? If I was mistaken about that I have to throw warrior back into the mix.

Sam is Psych0
03-05-2011, 04:03 AM
only twice.

Captain Urahara
03-05-2011, 04:28 AM
Too many. And I'm not kidding.

BloodGodAlucard
03-05-2011, 05:06 AM
I've done 3 runs through it. One as each class. I'm really loving the 2 handed warrior and mage. I'm extremely pleased with the improved combat system, especially with the mage. I couldn't stand playing as one in Origins. I'm really looking forward to a mage playthrough in DA2 though.

Btw, to the guy wondering about dual wielding warriors, they are no longer an option. You can only run sword and shield or 2 handed as a warrior. It clearly says so in the demo and has been confirmed by Bioware for some time now. If you want to dual wield, you'll have to play as a rogue.

bmakar83
03-05-2011, 05:11 AM
I've done 3 runs through it. One as each class. I'm really loving the 2 handed warrior and mage. I'm extremely pleased with the improved combat system, especially with the mage. I couldn't stand playing as one in Origins. I'm really looking forward to a mage playthrough in DA2 though.

Btw, to the guy wondering about dual wielding warriors, they are no longer an option. You can only run sword and shield or 2 handed as a warrior. It clearly says so in the demo and has been confirmed by Bioware for some time now. If you want to dual wield, you'll have to play as a rogue.

Yeah that's what I thought, I remember the recent IGN video mentioning it. Too bad because the dual wielding elf girl from Witch Hunt was a beast.

13ip0lar
03-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Once...It's a demo, why am I gonna burn myself on the demo. It's on casual after all. I hope the majority of you don't play with that setting when you actually get the game >_>

Captain Urahara
03-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Once...It's a demo, why am I gonna burn myself on the demo. It's on casual after all. I hope the majority of you don't play with that setting when you actually get the game >_>
Really now? From my recollection both of my demos(PS3 and 360) were locked on Normal, not Casual.

JPX Brutality
03-05-2011, 04:09 PM
I've done 6, 2 as each exploring a different specialization in each. SPOILER I wish if you were a mage that your sister um didn't "go to sleep" I understand why its her and not ur brother but two mages would be sick, hope I can stack a team like that.

iToastMan
03-05-2011, 04:19 PM
I played it about 7 times i guess.
I tried all the weapon styles and classes, and a few extra times when i was bored :P
Also, isn't the demo on normal?

Worhammer
03-05-2011, 05:44 PM
I too am sad at the demise of the dual wielding warrior. I've almost always been a dual wielding warrior in any game I played. I was a Rage dual wielder in WoW, a dual wielder in DA:O and I wanted to be a dual wielder in DA2, so I'm going to have to go with a rogue.

But that's ok, cause the new way of doing backstab is friggin amazing. Makes up for the tank capacity being lost.

AuriDUL
03-05-2011, 06:36 PM
4 times on Xbox (shield and sword warrior, mage, dual-wielding rogue and 2-handed warrior)

and 6+ more playthroughs on PC.

I can't decide between S&S Warrior and Dual-Wielding Rogue for my first playthrough :-)

DOOKH8R
03-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Two for me. Going to do a third after I finish posting here.

That'll make one as a rogue, one as a warrior, next is mage.

Argh tuesday can't come fast enough.

Downloaded but haven't touched it yet. Hopefully tomorrow.
SOMEBODY got into my head and made me need to reach level 65 on a certain other game first.

Inebriated Jedi
03-05-2011, 08:51 PM
I played it three times as each class. I'm still trying to decide which one I like best though. The warrior was my favorite in DA:O, but it felt slightly nerfed in the demo.

JDMBO1
03-05-2011, 09:05 PM
3 runs for each class as well

KeepEmRolling
03-06-2011, 12:52 AM
Played through it four times. One each class except for Rogue which I did archer and dual wield specs.

13ip0lar
03-06-2011, 02:36 AM
Really now? From my recollection both of my demos(PS3 and 360) were locked on Normal, not Casual.

Tom-ato, Tom-oto...If you aren't playing Hard or Nightmare go home! Nah but seriously, who plays easy on anything? Unless the game has an insanely misleading name for the difficulty. I can't think of any games that have done this off the top of my head, but I'm sure that someone does in the nerd rage partition of their brain. ^^

Atencao X
03-06-2011, 03:37 AM
3 Times, once with each classes. I'll probs go WR or RG as im not a big fan of magic classes in any rpgs.

TuMaBlAcK
03-06-2011, 03:53 AM
Played it just to try out every role and I haven't touched it since.

Worhammer
03-06-2011, 04:56 AM
Downloaded but haven't touched it yet. Hopefully tomorrow.
SOMEBODY got into my head and made me need to reach level 65 on a certain other game first.
Are you blaming me for that? o_O

cause I had nothing to do with it. O_o

mickjsg
03-06-2011, 05:00 AM
Just once, as a Mage. It's not fair that it's out on the 11th over here. :(

Pieville
03-06-2011, 08:52 AM
I've one as each, I'm liking the 2H Warrior and the Rogue. His athleticism and abilities seem amazing and ninja like. Though IMO the Mage seems to be a bit overpowered, hopefully it's all been evened out for the game.

II griever II
03-07-2011, 02:28 AM
Seems like I'm the only one who played it through 6 times, but as the guy AND the girl... I was curious to see how badass she was.... wasn't disappointed btw.

Soto928
03-07-2011, 04:16 AM
Twice, but both as a warrior. Once with sword and board, another with two hander. I played through the original as a tank class but the two-hander class is pretty cool as well.

tkhbecker
03-10-2011, 01:42 PM
6 Times... One as each... Also Did the actions coments as totally good, evil and nuetral...

DA:O I played every single background from start to finish doing all posibile variations in the story line... Same with SW:KotOR series... I played each sex, class, and dark and light sides... for a total of 6+ character