PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

TEBellant
03-05-2011, 05:23 AM
So pretty much all of these are online achievements/Multiplayer. A few for story, luck, and a bunch of secret cheevo's. I for one am psyched for online cause I wanna crush kids. If ya'll are upset bout the on-line ones(And I can see why you would be) just practice one of the 4 characters from the demo til the game comes out than play right at midnight launch. :D It'll help with the 10 ranked in a row a bunch.

Oh and I mean crazy practice haha I plan on picking up either Sub-Zero or Scorpion...until I get my Human Smoke :drunk

Annalie
03-05-2011, 05:31 AM
LOL they all look easy enough, i thought there would be some super hard ones thrown in. i will have no problem trying for 1000.

The Betrayer142
03-05-2011, 06:14 AM
Was thinking about maybe renting this, but here's the thing:

I've never been able to get into fighter games, but it's been at least 5 years since I tried one and I might like them now.

However I know the game to be incredibly frantic and infuriating when playing good players, and winning 10 in a row, 100 total and mastering all characters and all those others? Looks like a very difficult 1000 for a newbie like me.

I might have to pass unless people say it's an absolute must-buy, which I doubt will happen. Either way I'll try to stay open to the game but it seems like another crazy button-masher game to me. :/

Annalie
03-05-2011, 06:35 AM
Your passing up MK because you fear the online achievements and mastering all characters.???

The Betrayer142
03-05-2011, 06:49 AM
Your passing up MK because you fear the online achievements and mastering all characters.???

And because I have no experience in it and know that good players will frustrate me beyond belief. I just don't think I'm enough of a fan of MK or fighting games in general to be able to push through this game.

Annalie
03-05-2011, 07:04 AM
Honestly buy and play the game for fun, that's what most of us are buying it for. its a must have for anyone IMO.... or maybe Marvel vs Capcom 3 is your cup of tea. you'll be missing out on this years greatest fighting game IMO, if you choose not to buy it. also don't worry about not being good enough online that's what practice is for.. MK really isn't that hard.

This be DMK
03-05-2011, 07:20 AM
Pretty much the kinda list I expect from fighters now, was hoping for something like MvC3's achievement list, but not bad and hopefully all online can be boosted or look easier then it seems.

Ceejus
03-05-2011, 08:47 AM
The good - these achievements should take a while to get considering you'll have to complete 100% of the game to get all the achievements. That means replay value, which is really good considering the regular summer gaming drought from the beginning of May - middle of September.

The bad - a lot of these achievements look pretty difficult if you're an intermediate MK player. Some of them even look difficult for expert players. Unless, of course, they are boost-able. The ranked ones may not be. Either way, getting all the achievements looks like it will be a pain.

Either way, the game is easily looking like the best Mortal Kombat game to date. I've honestly never been this excited about a game in my life. And to The Betrayer who said he doubts this game will be a must-buy, I wouldn't be so sure of that. Considering this Mortal Kombat is digging back to its true roots -- fighting on a 2D plane, M-rating, practically the entire MK Trilogy roster and most of the old arenas remade, beautiful visuals, and a deep amount of features, I'm pretty sure this will get very positive reviews, be one of the best selling games of the year, and be considered a must-buy. Hell, I can already easily see this as being a Game of the Year candidate.

Tapion
03-05-2011, 09:44 AM
List looks decent, about what I was expecting.

The beat the game without blocking is kinda interesting.

Can't wait to check out the demo, till the game is out.

TehGreyWolf
03-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Some of the online achievements look difficult like the ten wins in a row but I love arcade fighters overall a good list.

Vulger Spartan
03-05-2011, 02:45 PM
The Achievements don't matter to me If I get 1000GS in MK then I'm Happy, That's a "Flawless Victory" on my part. I'm no Super Combo Machine so I may not get 10 in a Row against those guys, but I can probably get most others & that's cool.

Cheevs don't break the game for me, I'm totally insane for all the New MK features, New Fatalities, The Story of the Game, and The Challange Tower looks fun & well, challenging...

The Online Hopefully has a better "True Skill" so if your not as good at comboing you'll be paired with an opponent who's similar in skill not a Combo nut.

My Two Favorite Game Series are Mortal Kombat & GTA (well, just about anything Rockstar Games)

tobiasdennis
03-05-2011, 06:42 PM
I just don't think I'm enough of a fan of MK or fighting games in general
dude... WHY are you even posting in the mortal kombat forum then? haha. weird...

Truth is man, MK is super easy to pick up. It's a FUN ass fighting game, and the characters are INTERESTING. Street Fighter and MvC and Tekken are solid games but they bore the shit out of me after I play them for 2 days... so I can never get good at those games. Mortal Kombat has held my attention for nearly 20 years now, and it's easy enough for even a fighting game moron like my self to have won arcade tournaments back in the day. Give this game a shot!

foamy10
03-05-2011, 06:44 PM
i think the achievements are going to be as easy as marvel vs capcom 3

StillTIPPIN187
03-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Not liking the achievements.. But im gonna play this none the less. MK is the only fighter game i can stand. Screw all those spiderman and batman fighter games MK is where its at!

o and to the guy worried about not getting online achievements.. Just boost them. Thats what i plan on doing. I have no intentions on even trying to beat some of those guys that will be playing this game religiously online. It was the same way on UMK3

Welsh Killa B
03-05-2011, 08:24 PM
hmm dont think ill be able to 1000G this but im defo going for a 900+ , was hoping for a few less predictable (boring acheivements) but as for acheivements , im buying this game out of love not for acheivements!! i couldnt care if it had no acheivements it would still be a day 1 buy for me!

Plym
03-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Looks challenging!
Hopefully this will hold my interest more than McV3 did and online will actually work!

TEBellant
03-05-2011, 10:56 PM
I feel ya man Mortal Kombat is my childhood. Now all I need is for Human Smoke to be confirmed and I'm pleased as punch.

The Betrayer142
03-06-2011, 12:38 AM
dude... WHY are you even posting in the mortal kombat forum then? haha. weird...

Truth is man, MK is super easy to pick up. It's a FUN ass fighting game, and the characters are INTERESTING. Street Fighter and MvC and Tekken are solid games but they bore the shit out of me after I play them for 2 days... so I can never get good at those games. Mortal Kombat has held my attention for nearly 20 years now, and it's easy enough for even a fighting game moron like my self to have won arcade tournaments back in the day. Give this game a shot!

Well if you read my post I talked about the new Mortal Kombat game was THINKING about getting it and my cautions about getting this game. I'm just not sure if I'm enough of a fan to enjoy this game, given that it's a quite difficult game to be good at and looks to be a frustrating 1k (And I have to have my 1k lol).

I know it can be great fun if you're good at it, but I've played in the past and after I get crushed by 3 guys in a row I think I'll just end up being infuriated at the punch,kick,kick,kick,punch,punch,freeze,kick YOU'RE DEAD kind of incredibly fast-paced crazy-quick fighting component. It just looks infuriating.

THAT BEING SAID I might still rent it just to try it out and try to deal with my lack of a 1k.

Herr Shaun
03-06-2011, 02:52 AM
I think the achievements look pretty reasonable. A lot of grinding, but for a fighting game that's good.

If there's anybody who's still iffy about the achievements, go take a gander at the ones for Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe and you'll probably be looking forward to this too.

Pieville
03-06-2011, 06:43 AM
These achievements seem doable at the least, though I'm curious to find out what the secret achievements are?

TEBellant
03-06-2011, 08:26 PM
I bet it's unlockables. Cause I know you don't get all the characters at first.

evo_4
03-21-2011, 01:10 PM
I hope they have put options like, rank, country, language etc. for ranked matches. I mean, like MvC3's ranked battles.
Cuz its gonna be a tough grind for 10 streaks in a row in ranked.
Some supersoldiers can make %60-80 combo damages. And thats just a demo:mad:
Sorry about my English btw.

RasberryBabinka
03-25-2011, 05:23 AM
The achievements are what I expected: a balance of unlocking, secrets, story, and online. I'm going for 1000 points.

Ayx
03-31-2011, 04:02 AM
Online Achievements should be granted less gamerscore IMO. They could have added those lame Ranked/Online points and added an ass load for actually daring to complete the dreading Challenge Tower (Well, from the hype.)

ParoXysm QC
04-07-2011, 01:42 AM
For those who played the previous Mortal Kombat, do you think this one will be easier or harder? I haven't played combat games since Soulcalibur on my GameCube and I'm really looking forward to MK9! I want a great challenge but I don't want to buy a game that will take over 150-200 hours to fully complete it (I'm a completionist). What are the hardest achievements and what do they consist of? I know that no one played the game yet but if someone has an idea, let me know!
Thanks in advance!

evo_4
04-07-2011, 07:16 AM
For those who played the previous Mortal Kombat, do you think this one will be easier or harder? I haven't played combat games since Soulcalibur on my GameCube and I'm really looking forward to MK9! I want a great challenge but I don't want to buy a game that will take over 150-200 hours to fully complete it (I'm a completionist). What's the hardest achievements and what do they consist of? I know that no one played the game yet but if someone has an idea, let me know!
Thanks in advance!
Challange Tower, as the developers said; will take quite some time.
It has 300 Challanges easy to Hard. Also Krypt which has came from previous games, contains lots of extra content like ex. costumes, new chars, etc..
The Story mode also which i heard about takes some time to complete.
If its like MK vs. DC story mode, takes 2-3 hours minimum.
Fatality Trainer, Arcade ladder, arcade tag ladder. I think you should spent lots of time before attempting the Online Area.

Only harder one seems completing the challange tower to me. I bet there are lots of hard challanges through the last ones.

DEG23
04-11-2011, 06:07 AM
As a recovering achievement whore, I now play through games without too much concern for achievements. I still glance through the list and if they seem easy i'll go for them on 2nd or 3rd playthroughs. But Mortal Kombat has been the first game where i actually couldn't care if after 6 months i haven't earned a single achievement, as a long time fan like most on this site, i'm just looking forward to playing the game in all it's rebooted glory.

judge08
04-12-2011, 01:49 AM
Definetly looking forward to this, th cheevos look allright the online ones will be a bit of a challenge for people that havent been playing MK for a few years.

HabsCen10ial
04-12-2011, 05:43 PM
The only online achievement that will be a problem will be the :mad:10 ranked wins in a row:mad:. If you love the game and plan on playing it hard until another one comes out then the rest of the achievements will come with time. :Bounce::drunk

grimlock444
04-13-2011, 09:40 AM
I'm just glad im not the only person not looking forward to ten consecutive ranked wins. :(

IIIIIIIMichael
04-15-2011, 07:09 PM
the secret ones are

Complet-ality (10 points)
Perform 1 of each type of "-ality"

Finish Him? (10 points)
Perform any fighter's hidden finishing move

Hide and Seek (10 points)
Discover and fight Hidden Kombatant 2 in Arcade Ladder

Pit Master (10 points)
Discover and fight Hidden Kombatant 3 in Arcade Ladder

Brotherhood of Shadow (20 points)
Discover and fight Hidden Kombatant 4 in Arcade Ladder

Ultimate Humiliation (20 points)
Perform every fighter's hidden finishing move

Quan-Tease (20 points)
Unlock Hidden Fighter "Quan Chi"

You Found Me! (10 points)
Discover and fight Hidden Kombatant 1 in Arcade Ladder

Cold Fusion (20 points)
Unlock Hidden Fighter "Cyber Sub-Zero"

Best...Alternate...Ever! (10 points)
Unlock Mileena's 3rd Alternate Costume

sm182
04-15-2011, 07:23 PM
I'm just glad im not the only person not looking forward to ten consecutive ranked wins. :(

At least it's not 25 in a row like in the previous version.

Vectorman953
04-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Someone who has the game already should describe what the online (ranked if possible) menus look like, mostly to see if there are the aforementioned search by language function, because this would make boosting the 10 ranked matches possible. (say we all change to Finnish)

scorpy78
04-17-2011, 09:52 AM
anybody figured out what are the requirements for "my kung fu is strong" (gain mastery of 1 fighter) achievement?

Siegfried
04-17-2011, 03:56 PM
Ok, now that it's out that to get mastery of one fighter you have to play 24 freaking hours with him, I'm probably gonna pass this one. Just out of curiosity, and to further improve my sentiment of "screw this game, this is bullshit as always" I have to ask: Are the 10 consecutive ranked wins boostable or not?

ParoXysm QC
04-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Ok, now that it's out that to get mastery of one fighter you have to play 24 freaking hours with him, I'm probably gonna pass this one. Just out of curiosity, and to further improve my sentiment of "screw this game, this is bullshit as always" I have to ask: Are the 10 consecutive ranked wins boostable or not?

Wait a second! If there's 20 characters, you must play 24hrs x 20 to get the "My Kung Fu is Stronger achievement" ? This is absolutely ridiculous!
How is that achievement working? Can you level up those characters while playing online?
What the fuck? I'm so excited about this game but if that's real, I'm really not sure if I'll buy it (I'm a completionist)!

Siegfried
04-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Wait a second! If there's 20 characters, you must play 24hrs x 20 to get the "My Kung Fu is Stronger achievement" ? This is absolutely ridiculous!
How is that achievement working? Can you level up those characters while playing online?
What the fuck? I'm so excited about this game but if that's real, I'm really not sure if I'll buy it (I'm a completionist)!

I don't have the game, but it's what people are saying o this thread: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=306173

I'm also a completionist, I was also excited to play a Mortal Kombat game again (last one I played was MK4 on the N64) and now I'm also not sure if I'll pick this one up. People need to make achievements fun, not this kind of stupid grind.

yakuzzaa
04-17-2011, 09:05 PM
thats stupid 2 pass THAT game cause of this achievement - and yep im also a so called completionist -_-

jswartz0181
04-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Seriously? You'll pass up this game because of an achievement that gives you a reason to actually play as all 27 characters more than once or twice? And if you do the math, it's only 300-500 matches, depending on how well you do (1,000 rounds). Doesn't seem THAT bad if you plan on playing for more than a week or two.

Siegfried
04-17-2011, 11:14 PM
No, I'll pass this game because if you look at my tag you'll see I'm just a minor fan of fighting games, the only one I played was Soul Calibur 4.

If it was Gears of War 3 with an achievement like this, no problem... but since I almost never play fighting games, I'll just get this one if it proves to be really, really good.

If this game was possible to 1000 at all, I could see me pushing myself to play a bit more and try to enjoy a genre that I almost never play. But with an achievement like this, I would be better getting back to Virtua Fighter 5 and trying to learn how to play it.

As I said, it's not carved on stone already, but I'm losing interest on the a game I have yet to play.

And with Portal 2 coming out at about the same time as MK, everyday I see less and less reason for me to play it. Just my opinion, please don't take it as me bashing the game.

ParoXysm QC
04-18-2011, 12:06 AM
Seriously? You'll pass up this game because of an achievement that gives you a reason to actually play as all 27 characters more than once or twice? And if you do the math, it's only 300-500 matches, depending on how well you do (1,000 rounds). Doesn't seem THAT bad if you plan on playing for more than a week or two.

You'll have to play a total of 28 days (1 month).
1/12 months of the year year > 8.33% of the year playing for a damn 60G (that's FUCKING huge).
If I was still at high school, I would say YES! But now, I know that I won't be able to complete it!
Anyway, I'm not bashing the game at all. I know it's an awesome game! It's just my point of view.

KingKatura
04-18-2011, 09:28 AM
Cold Fusion 20G (Defeat Him In Story)

Quan tease 20G (Beat The Story 100%)

They Aree both Non Missable and they unlock a new fighter each.

TAI JASON
04-19-2011, 02:22 PM
I think it is about time for an achivement guide?!

Somebody want to make one?

Plym
04-19-2011, 02:25 PM
I think it is about time for an achivement guide?!

Somebody want to make one? I think a member is making one, I read he was making videos too.
The game isn't even officially out yet in Europe and people are still discovering the achievements so no need for one right this minute.

HabsCen10ial
04-19-2011, 04:30 PM
This won't be that bad people. As long as you didn't want to trade the game in right away you should be able to get these over time.

Who cares if it takes 1-2 years playing occasionally to get 1000/1000

It's a lot more impressive when hardly anybody has it.

kyboy
04-19-2011, 09:27 PM
the cyber sub zero achievement never popped for me, an i dont have him.. but i do have the half way there one... is it glitched? its suppose to pop when ur half way through story mode.. im now on chapter 14 with kabal..

TheUglyCasanova
04-20-2011, 07:36 AM
I'm Not Dead Yet!

Must be 10% of your opponents health, not of the total life bar.Almost positive on this as I just came back and won two rounds in a ranked match while being at a tiny piece of life while they had about half each time and it didn't pop. So guess you have to come back from a brutal beating.

chicken10der
04-20-2011, 11:15 AM
for the "you've got style" ach (unlock all alternate costumes) - you do NOT need the costume that is unlocked by beating tower challenge 300. you only need the ones that are found in the krypt and to beat story mode to unlock those 2 extra characters, one of which has an alternate in the krypt. so once you beat story mode and have bought the alt costumes from the krypt, go to the nekropolis and select each character one at a time to unlock their alternates and you're done

do not forget the nekropolis step - you must go there to unlock the costumes after you buy them

and yeah i'm a big MK fan, but a lot of these achievements are totally ridiculous turds

TAI JASON
04-20-2011, 12:45 PM
I think a member is making one, I read he was making videos too.
The game isn't even officially out yet in Europe and people are still discovering the achievements so no need for one right this minute.

Good to hear. It΄s not because of the game itself, but everyday new threads starts and all the info/hints/solutions spread over all of them. I lost the overview...:)

I'm Not Dead Yet!

Don΄t get it because i΄m offline now, but 10% is the smallest amount of health you can have. It means one little hit and you are KO. A buddy get this easy. Best way is to boost this together with Timeout KO and the grab achivement in one session.

Plym
04-20-2011, 12:51 PM
Good to hear. It΄s not because of the game itself, but everyday new threads starts and all the info/hints/solutions spread over all of them. I lost the overview...:) You're right, people are creating lots of new threads for questions.
I've been PMing the member about joining forces for a guide so we should have something together soon!

KeepEmRolling
04-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Is it possible to boost the ranked achievements in this game? I don't see any parameters you could set to narrow the search. Is it totally luck of the draw?

ImmortalLeoman
04-20-2011, 06:07 PM
the cyber sub zero achievement never popped for me, an i dont have him.. but i do have the half way there one... is it glitched? its suppose to pop when ur half way through story mode.. im now on chapter 14 with kabal..

I think it glitched for you. It popped for me after my first fight with Kitana.

Dante k foxx
04-20-2011, 10:21 PM
yeah i dont have that one either

DottzDog74
04-20-2011, 10:26 PM
i have none so far. Im new soo nothing and i have no games i like really (meaning none im good at :)) :uzi:I stink @ shooting games!!

kyboy
04-20-2011, 10:33 PM
I think it glitched for you. It popped for me after my first fight with Kitana.

thats wierd, i got it after i was kabal lol... oh well, atleast i still got it...
on cheatcc.com it says on capter 9, but kabal was chapter 14..
an by the way, last fight with raiden, shao khan is freakin hard as hell.. i jus wait for him to go to hit me an i teleport behind him an sweep em, kept doin that an i finally beat the story mode..

scorpy78
04-21-2011, 03:50 AM
any tips how to get Luck be a Lady achievement?

I don't understand what should I do for it

chicken10der
04-21-2011, 04:01 AM
all you can do is go to fight -> test your luck then spin the reels and hope for the best. if you don't get three mk koins, just pause and try again. the mk koins are not always on the reels, either. it's just complete blind luck, there is no strategy to it. took me about 15 minutes.

stonesour87
04-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Just hope I get the online cheevos before the hardcore mk players arrive lol

PeaceSquid
04-21-2011, 05:04 PM
These are rubbish achievements.

The grinding ones will take forever. If you like doing the same thing over and over and over, you need help not videogames.

The ranked achievements are stupid also. I'm all for them but not in games like MK where there is always a cheap character that everyone finds out about and next thing you know that's the only one you'll see online. Add to that the fact that MK players are bitches who disconnect when losing and getting ten in a row will be hellish.

Finally, complete the ladder mode on Maximum with no continues. Yeah, good luck with that.

My guess is that this will settle at around 6000TA on True Achievements.

Drucifer82
04-21-2011, 08:55 PM
Ok, so I've seen on some people's gamercards that they've unlocked "You've Got Style!" for all the alternative outfits. I bought all the outfits in the Krypt and activated them in Nekropolis and don't have the cheev.

What am I missing?

I thought it was the Mileena costume at first, but some of my friends that have this achievement don't have all the Tower challenge cheevs, or the secret cheev for unlocking her costume. What am I not doing right?

Shiny Pidgey
04-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Ok, so I've seen on some people's gamercards that they've unlocked "You've Got Style!" for all the alternative outfits. I bought all the outfits in the Krypt and activated them in Nekropolis and don't have the cheev.

What am I missing?

I thought it was the Mileena costume at first, but some of my friends that have this achievement don't have all the Tower challenge cheevs, or the secret cheev for unlocking her costume. What am I not doing right?

I'm pretty sure some character outfits aren't in the Krypt and need to be unlocked by winning Arcade ladder with them.

Drucifer82
04-21-2011, 09:02 PM
I'm pretty sure some character outfits aren't in the Krypt and need to be unlocked by winning Arcade ladder with them.

This is possible. I also just remembered that I unlocked Quan Chi's alternate before I unlocked him, so I need to go to Nekropolis again to activate it.

EDIT: I went back and counted the Krypt contents and there are only 20 costumes in there. While I still have to activate Quan Chi's it appears that yes I will have to complete the Arcade Ladder to get them all.

chicken10der
04-21-2011, 09:09 PM
i can confirm that every alternate costume is in the krypt - none of them are from arcade ladder, and mileena's tower challenge costume doesn't count for this ach

you must have overlooked some of the krypt contents. they are 100% definitely all there, listed as alternate concept art

Shiny Pidgey
04-21-2011, 09:15 PM
none of them are from arcade ladder

Not to dispute you entirely, but technically all of them come from arcade ladder since you can unlock them that way without opening their krypt.

But anyway, if that's the case then I guess he just hasn't activated Quan Chi's yet (or has overlooked some).

Drucifer82
04-21-2011, 09:22 PM
i can confirm that every alternate costume is in the krypt - none of them are from arcade ladder, and mileena's tower challenge costume doesn't count for this ach

you must have overlooked some of the krypt contents. they are 100% definitely all there, listed as alternate concept art

I followed the Krypt list to a "t" and bought all that were in there, the only one I haven't activated is Quan Chi's.

Using simple math, there are 20 outfits in the Krypt and 27 characters. That would mean there are seven that are not in the Krypt.

chicken10der
04-21-2011, 09:31 PM
well double-check it because you missed them or they were mis-labeled on the guide you were using. they are ALL available in the krypt. every single one of them needed for this ach. without exception. i know this for an absolute fact because i did it myself. and there are 26 costumes because cyber sub zero doesn't have an alternate

jswartz0181
04-21-2011, 09:33 PM
I followed the Krypt list to a "t" and bought all that were in there, the only one I haven't activated is Quan Chi's.

Using simple math, there are 20 outfits in the Krypt and 27 characters. That would mean there are seven that are not in the Krypt.
Really? Unfortunately I don't yet have the game, but the list I have has 26 outfits in the Krypt (only CSZ is missing; don't know if he has one).

Drucifer82
04-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Really? Unfortunately I don't yet have the game, but the list I have has 26 outfits in the Krypt (only CSZ is missing; don't know if he has one).

I followed the Krypt list to a "T" and verified it with the one posted here. Unless some aren't listed as costumes, but even the ones that say "Costume Concept" are listed as costume unlocks in the Prima guide.

jswartz0181
04-21-2011, 10:09 PM
Can't remember where exactly I got it (here or elsewhere), but mine is

-Deadlands-
* 5. Jade Fatality – 1140 Kombat Coins
* 7. Reptile Alternate Costume - 1160 Kombat Coins
* 15. Johnny Cage Alternate Costume – 1200 Kombat Coins
* 21. Ermac Fatality – 920 Kombat Coins
* 28. Sheeva Alternate Costume – 1200K Kombat Coins
* 37. Kabal Fatality – 1040 Kombat Coins
* 40. Baraka Alternate Costume – 1080 Kombat Coins
* 47. Sketor Alternate Costume – 1100 Kombat Coins
* 56. Stryker Alternate Costume – 800 Kombat Coins
* 63. Quan Chi Alternate Costume – 1500 Kombat Coins
* 69. Kitana Alternate Costume – 1200 Kombat Coins
* 79. Johnn Cage Fatality – 1300 Kombat Coins
* 88. Kabal Alternate Costume – 1200 Kombat Coins
* 92. Jax Fatality – 1040 Kombat Coins
* 101. Shang Tsung Alternate Costume – 920 Kombat Coins
* 110. Nightwolf Alternate Costume – 1060 Kombat Coins
* 119. Scopion Alternate Costume -1500 Kombat Coins
* 120. Cyrax Fatality – 1020 Kombat Coins

-Bloodmarsh-
* 2. Mileena Fatality – 920 Kombat Coins
* 5. Noob Saibot Alternate Costume – 1040 Kombat Coins
* 8. Noob Saibot Fatality – 1100 Kombat Coins
* 14. Raiden Fatality – 1220 Kombat Coins
* 19. Sindel Alternate Costume – 1200 Kombat Coins
* 23. Kitana Fatality -980 Kombat Coins
* 26. Smoke Fatality – 900 Kombat Coins
* 35. Sonya Fatality – 1300 Kombat Coins
* 38. Kung Lao Alternate Costume – 1200 Kombat Coins
* 44. Sindel Fatality – 1300 Kombat Coins
* 50. Jade Alternate Costume – 1000 Kombat Coins
* 57. Stryker Fatality – 900 Kombat Coins
* 63. Cyber SubZero Fatality – 1450 Kombat Coins
* 68. Ermac Alternate Costume – 1200 Kombat Coins
* 72. Scorpion Fatality – 920 Kombat Coins
* 82. Smoke Alternate Costume – 960 Kombat Coins

-Meadow of Despair-
* 2. Nightwolf Fatality – 1260 Kombat Coins
* 6. Cyrax Alternate Costume – 1200 Kombat Coins
* 11. Sektor Fatality – 1280 Kombat Coins
* 14. Raiden Alternate Costume – 940 Kombat Coins
* 21. Sheeva Fatality – 1300 Kombat Coins
* 25. Kano Alternate Costume – 1200 Kombat Coins
* 31. Kung Lao Fatality – 960 Kombat Coins
* 36. Jax Alternate Costume – 1200 Kombat Coins
* 42. Reptile Fatality – 1280 Kombat Coins
* 51. SubZero Fatality -1140 Kombat Coins
* 54. SubZero Alternate Costume – 1000 Kombat Coins

-Hollow of Infestation-
* 4. Baraka Fatality – 920 Kombat Coins
* 8. Liu Kang Alternate Costume – 980 Kombat Coins
* 12. Shang Tsung Fatality – 1080 Kombat Coins
* 18. Kano Fatality – 1100 Kombat Coins
* 22. Sonya Alternate costume – 800 Kombat Coins
* 28. Liu Kang Fatality – 1180 Kombat Coins
* 33. Mileena Alternate Costume – 11410 Kombat Coins
* 39. Quan Chi Fatality -1340 Kombat Coins

Drucifer82
04-21-2011, 10:11 PM
Perhaps I miscounted then, I'm sure I've bought all those. But I won't know for certain til I go home and activate Quan Chi's outfit. I bought pretty early on and just finished Story Mode last night, so I forgot to activate it.

EDIT: I found the post I made a few days ago with the costumes list and mine also has all of them in it, so unlocking Quan Chi's in Nekropolis will probably get me the cheev.

Drucifer82
04-22-2011, 02:56 AM
Yep, it was Quan Chi

Suiken
04-24-2011, 05:12 AM
The grinding ones will take forever. If you like doing the same thing over and over and over, you need help not videogames.

Or maybe you just like the game and play games because you enjoy them, not because you are an achievement whore?

Tussell
04-24-2011, 10:06 PM
Just saying, I'm really upset there's so many damn online achievements.

JuSt BLaZe
04-30-2011, 08:40 PM
Just saying, I'm really upset there's so many damn online achievements.

Yeah same here but I won't do them anyway as long as they fix this shitty RANKED MATCHES mode. It sucks bad.

King of the Hill is really great & funny though. :)

Drucifer82
05-02-2011, 06:04 AM
Does anyone know if the 100 online completed counts across all online modes? (Player, Private, KOTH, Ranked, etc) I'm just wondering because across all game modes online I have over 114 matches and I still haven't gotten Cyber Challenger.

DeekBoy
05-02-2011, 06:58 AM
Does anyone know if the 100 online completed counts across all online modes? (Player, Private, KOTH, Ranked, etc) I'm just wondering because across all game modes online I have over 114 matches and I still haven't gotten Cyber Challenger.

No it must be in one section. You must have 100 private or 100 KOTH ect...

Drucifer82
05-02-2011, 07:20 AM
No it must be in one section. You must have 100 private or 100 KOTH ect...

Actually, it does span across all game modes, I just got it with a total of 116 matches overall. I must have had more D/C's and "Session no longer available" matches in my list than I thought.

Now I just need Turtle, I'm Not Dead Yet, Wavenet, and the 2 KOTH Respect cheevs and all I'll have left is My Kung Fu Is Stronger, which I should have complete over the next couple weeks.

Slaker117
05-02-2011, 07:25 AM
Actually, it does span across all game modes, I just got it with a total of 116 matches overall. I must have had more D/C's and "Session no longer available" matches in my list than I thought.
So this is a common glitch then? I have 108 total matches with 5 disconnects, but no achievement.

Drucifer82
05-02-2011, 07:29 AM
So this is a common glitch then? I have 108 total matches with 5 disconnects, but no achievement.

Yeah, just keep plugging away at them. I got it tonight and my total matches are not in any single game mode, but a combination of many.

Slaker117
05-02-2011, 07:50 AM
Just got it after a few more matches. Unfortunately I lost them all, but whatever, achievement unlocked.

JuSt BLaZe
05-02-2011, 01:48 PM

Interesting, thanks for the info. I'm @ 124 player matches wins now (mainly KOH). So I'm gonna stick to that. Hopefully the WAVENET... cheevo unlocks sooner or later.

Drucifer82
05-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Interesting, thanks for the info. I'm @ 124 player matches wins now (mainly KOH). So I'm gonna stick to that. Hopefully the WAVENET... cheevo unlocks sooner or later.

It's probably the same situation, if you've been booted from the server or had anyone D/C then it probably requires more. Or the MP is broken and it will register at a completely random time. But yeah, just keep plugging away.

JuSt BLaZe
05-02-2011, 03:22 PM
It's probably the same situation, if you've been booted from the server or had anyone D/C then it probably requires more. Or the MP is broken and it will register at a completely random time. But yeah, just keep plugging away.

Yeah it "was", you're right man. Got it now in a KOH-Player Match. Thanks goes out to PureDiamondBody for helping me with the last few "unregistered" wins. :woop:

Drucifer82
05-03-2011, 06:02 AM
Does "I'm not dead yet" have to be both rounds or just the winning round? I've gotten beaten down to really low health on two separate occasions and won and haven't gotten the achievement.

JuSt BLaZe
05-03-2011, 09:19 AM
Does "I'm not dead yet" have to be both rounds or just the winning round? I've gotten beaten down to really low health on two separate occasions and won and haven't gotten the achievement.

Hey man I was wondering the same and found this video. Might help a little. ;)

YouTube - ProudDisciple MK9 I'm Not Dead Yet Achievement

Drucifer82
05-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Hey man I was wondering the same and found this video. Might help a little. ;)

YouTube - ProudDisciple MK9 I'm Not Dead Yet Achievement (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjK7mISijYY)

I've seen that video, but it only shows the last round.

I did however ask the guy who uploaded the vid and he said it can be done either round, so my MP must be broken.

HabsCen10ial
05-03-2011, 12:50 PM
I've seen that video, but it only shows the last round.

I did however ask the guy who uploaded the vid and he said it can be done either round, so my MP must be broken.

I got it by coming back from 10% in the first round and it popped immediately. I was almost dead and my opponent had a full health bar.

Of course my opponent was a buddy of mine :woop:

Drucifer82
05-03-2011, 03:22 PM
I got it by coming back from 10% in the first round and it popped immediately. I was almost dead and my opponent had a full health bar.

Of course my opponent was a buddy of mine :woop:

I did the same thing, once in the first round and in the next match in the second round. I play as Scorpion because he deals out punishment easily enough. I'd just attack until my opponent was within the damage range of an X-Ray and then let them punish me and as soon as I was knocking on death's door I hit the X Ray, no cheev.

HabsCen10ial
05-03-2011, 07:54 PM
I did the same thing, once in the first round and in the next match in the second round. I play as Scorpion because he deals out punishment easily enough. I'd just attack until my opponent was within the damage range of an X-Ray and then let them punish me and as soon as I was knocking on death's door I hit the X Ray, no cheev.

yeah I think what you need to do is let your opponent beat you up without touching him. Wait until you're almost dead and then fight back. I'm pretty sure they need to have a full health bar for it to work.

I can help you if you would like?

Drucifer82
05-04-2011, 04:27 AM
yeah I think what you need to do is let your opponent beat you up without touching him. Wait until you're almost dead and then fight back. I'm pretty sure they need to have a full health bar for it to work.

I can help you if you would like?

Sure message my GT

Tapion
05-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Yeah still trying to get I'm not dead yet as well. Sure will get it eventually. Getting 2500 respect points in King of the hill will be nice too.

Revolver
05-18-2011, 03:28 AM
This is going to sound really stupid but how the hell do you finish the damn tutorial?!
I'm stuck on the third combo where it's :xbut:, :abut:, and :ybut: on a moving target but can't seem to pull it off. I'm used to fighting games where you need to press the buttons in rapid succession for the combo to come together so I'm guessing in this game you need to wait a few seconds in between buttons?
I know most of you will laugh at such an easy achievement but I'm really annoyed at not being able to do something so easy. :mad:

Gohan Reborn
05-29-2011, 07:30 AM
Am I screwed out of the Outstanding (10 Ranked Wins in a row) Achievement? I just got 10 Ranked in a row, with 2 people leaving the game (I don't believe they actually Dashboarded, or pulled the plug. I think they just exited the game). On my 11th game, My internet dies as I was winning in the 2nd round. I did get the disconnect and I did get the loss. I won another game after and it did not continue the streak in my user statistics, and obviously no cheevo...Everything's pointing to me having to do it all over again, but I can hope :(.

Dennoman
05-29-2011, 09:36 AM
I'm afraid you're screwed on that one. Not to worry though man, it's not all that bad considering :) there's still lots of noobs out there. Literally :p

Though you never know with this piece of crap buggy online. Just win another two matches and see what it does, never know if it might somehow still give you the achievement.

ConflagrationMN
05-29-2011, 08:03 PM
I've got like 103 wins but still don't have the cyber Challenger achievement. I don't wanna miss out on 80g, what gives?

EDIT: Just got it took me like 120 wins or something.

Gohan Reborn
05-29-2011, 11:04 PM
I got it!!!! :). In an EPIC match. My scorpion and Noob vs. Scorpion and Kung Lao. He won the first match with less than 5% health I'd say. I won the next with 50% health on Scorpion left, and the last one I won with about 5%. So the 2 games that people left on me, counted towards my win streak and wins "supposedly", but you definitely need to win 10 games to the end, and not to give anyone any ideas, but my disconnect from Xbox live did not reset my win streak. :)

Destro
06-06-2011, 02:54 PM
here is a discussion about achievements.

FUCK THEM !!!

If having crazy hard ranked achievements where not enought, they have to put annoying ones offline too

Waste my times on lady luck today....
then waste it trying to double flawless shang tsung... he always transphorm into someone with an annoying move like quan chi or sektor that come from the ground or air and even with block you loose the flawless...

Then now im wasting my time trying to get the pit as first match for reptile but after 10 freakin different maps, 4 that came back 2 times... still cant get it, then i have to hope santa is there, then must be sure to not miss the damn flawless 2 times... god damnit for 10 OR 15 pts AAAARH !!!!

IM SO TIRED !!!

Why they cant put long but doable achievements like GOW or Halo... i dont know here we get an easy batch but with 6 or 7 freakin insane... (master all fighters... yeah right...)

Plym
06-06-2011, 03:08 PM
No one's telling you to waste your time and achievements are supposed to be difficult. It is something you achieve.

Destro
06-07-2011, 02:43 PM
I finally had the reptile one, waste near an hour of my life on this. At some point im thinking about why wasting my times on achievements anymore especially since i do all of them legit without cheap boosting.

We where discussing me and a friend on how ridiculous seriously 3.0 is gonna be in GOW3, forcing us to play craptastic modes i hate just for it and how pissing off it was. He said to me at some point

" the developer are probably laughting there ass off being there desk when they make these achievements, thinking how stupid and/or no life we are to waste our precious life time on these"

Like the master all fighters, did they seriously think most people would get this the "right" way... like really playing 24 hours with every characters... They MUST KNOW that most people always have a few "hated" character in every fighting games. Altought this one have less ugly shit ones like Hsu Hao, Dairou or such of previous MKs, still i wouldn't pass 24 hours on some of the characters in this. ANyway they know most people especially in a game like MK with lots of combo special moves etc to remember, most people will choose 5 or so characters and thats it.

My friend always say achievement are made to be boosted... Problem is if the achievement list would be better done, people would not need to boost them in order to have them. GOW1 is probably the best exemple of an achievement list

Doing the campaign in insane with 2 player was hard but not that hard, very doable...
Killing 100 people with every gun was challenging for some but still very doable...
Killing 10 000 people sure took some time, but it was in all modes of that time combine, there was always people on the game to do it and you had at least 2 years to do it. Most people that wanted it could had it.

They should definately do something like that for achievements in every game, so normal players could aim at the 1000. Fact is with these days list, if you dont boost, you cant aim at 1000 for 19/20 games....

Plym
06-07-2011, 09:26 PM
It's not just the developers who are laughing their asses off at you, it's everyone that reads your ranting.
You are getting so pissed off and angry over something nobodies even forcing you to do. You clearly don't enjoy it, why bother?

ConstantC4RN4GE
06-11-2011, 06:11 AM
The Shang Tsung double flawless fight was enfuriating. He is so cheap when he transforms. What a nightmare that was. The only other achievements I had trouble with were a few challenge tower missions, the reptile fight was a bit annoying as well as the luck be a lady achievement. KOTH boosting was a bit boring and time consuming but I had a good party of people, as well as it glitching early for me :D.

Now I'm going to master Scorpion for the achievement, but I don't think I'll burn out my xbox for the master all fighters.

Armored Puma
06-12-2011, 05:41 AM
I don't think I'll get the my Kung Fu is stronger achievement. At least not anytime soon. My longest time spent Playing is only 4 hours

Destro
06-17-2011, 05:10 PM
It's not just the developers who are laughing their asses off at you, it's everyone that reads your ranting.
You are getting so pissed off and angry over something nobodies even forcing you to do. You clearly don't enjoy it, why bother?

Most random games i wont bother having the 1000, cause like i said i don't boost, so some MP achievements are out of reach, especially since if your not named COD, HALO or GOW in the FPS category mostly there will not be many people online if any pass a couple months. And even if there is(guess there still people wanting the 250 wins on the darkness for exemple) most of the time these shooters are bad, cause of the gameplay itself or cause it lag. So i don't bother and get a 600-700 on the game and thats it.

I also dont waste my time on "insane" difficulty most of the time, exept if i really LOVED the game or if its REALLY worth my time, COD games being a perfect exemple of the 2 mentioned above. But i don't rage and sweat for a 40 pts achievement of doing a whole campaign at the hardest.

BUT, on the case of some games, games i use to be really good, games i loved so much when i was young or games of today that i did the whole complete set on the 2 previous games(GOW) of course i want the achievements on the new one.

MK for exemple, back in the day i did beat Onaga on HARD in Deception, but try so many times on very hard i got too angry at the end after 20 loss. Just going there wasn't a walk in the park either(there was no Sheeva "glitch" letting the character on the ground to be stomped to death) but i said to myself when the 360 come out if a new MK is made on it, I WILL BEAT THE BOSS ON VHARD and i did. They didn't put just the "beat him on vhard" but to not even loose a match, wich seem crazy at first, but thanks to some bug in the game and the fact that you can do tag and have 2 character for 1 boss lifebar, it wasnt so hard.

BUT this is not the hardest achievement, they push to some crazy idiotic achievements, some that are not even hard, but just time consuming. Don't know about you but i got a life, and i got plenty of money to buy other games... On top of that im also a huge FPS MP player so i can be sometimes 1 or 2 weeks without doing even one achievements when a new GOW or COD come out i dont wanna do any campaign, i just play MP... i havn't even do the black ops campaign even if i have it since release lol... being busy doing other games that i buyed and return back at the store to get max credit(crysis 2) or finishing Warfare 2 veteran for exemple... Anyway that was just to show that i buyed it at release for MP only.

But to come back to MK, now i would have to waste countless time and heating my xbox just to one stupid achievement... on top of doing countless ladders one after the other for the wins, xrays and fatality... cmon

FishToe IOW
06-21-2011, 02:32 PM
Completed the lader but never got the achievement this happen to anyone else??

FishToe IOW
06-21-2011, 02:33 PM
I don't think I'll get the my Kung Fu is stronger achievement. At least not anytime soon. My longest time spent Playing is only 4 hours
yea same i only play as sub zero and ive only got like 6 hours its a joke

FOXmasler
08-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Except for the "Kung Fu" Achievements I think this game had them perfect. The ten wins and 10% health achievement were hard but doable if you kept at it and KOtH was a lot of fun for me. I still play it and have something like 7000 points,

However, the kung fu ones are stupid. I have the first onr because I actually played that much with Kung Lao( I openly admit I have no life, no need to call me on it), but my next closest in Liu kang with something like 15 hours. and after those two its like 2 hours. I have 4 characters maxed if you take out the time part, I dont understand why the other 4 categories wern't enough. It still would have been time consuming, but not so ridiculous it felt completely out of reach.

fatalcrabs
08-13-2011, 07:39 PM
here is a discussion about achievements.

FUCK THEM !!!

If having crazy hard ranked achievements where not enought, they have to put annoying ones offline too

Waste my times on lady luck today....
then waste it trying to double flawless shang tsung... he always transphorm into someone with an annoying move like quan chi or sektor that come from the ground or air and even with block you loose the flawless...

Then now im wasting my time trying to get the pit as first match for reptile but after 10 freakin different maps, 4 that came back 2 times... still cant get it, then i have to hope santa is there, then must be sure to not miss the damn flawless 2 times... god damnit for 10 OR 15 pts AAAARH !!!!

IM SO TIRED !!!

Why they cant put long but doable achievements like GOW or Halo... i dont know here we get an easy batch but with 6 or 7 freakin insane... (master all fighters... yeah right...)

these are doable,

for the pit, you don't need to to be the first level but within the first 3 makes it the easiest. beginner and use either your best character or a good spammer. it's doable, but takes a while.

as for lady luck, the only luck you need is having all the reels have dragon koins on them. follow the guide on this one. it took me like 5 min to get

the double flawless is getting me too, he always get manages to get a hit on me.

as for the "crazy hard" online ones, really the only ones you can't boost are the 10 wins. simply send your foe a message saying "boost?" and if they say sure then you say what you'd like. if not you can simply beat them and try with the next. only ones i needed to boost were turtle, and are you dead yet. and i got both of them in one game thanks to a guy who had all the achievements.

BigRaff87
08-29-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm usually a completionist, but my Kung Fu is stronger has dashed my hopes. Unless NRS patches the time, I don't think many will achieve this without leaving their console on idle.

LtMajorMuffin
08-30-2011, 12:32 AM
So I got the 10 ranked wins in a row achievement yesterday. Got lucky being matched up with a bunch of 0-12/3-26/45-52 players. Some of them were pretty close but without boosting/dashboarding out/disc traying, etc, it was very satisying to get that one.

But this "Ladder Master" achievement is killing me. It isn't a ridiculous achievement but the AI is just so inhumane. Why would anyone think it's a good idea to make them able to insta-block ANYTHING? Why would you program them to be able to do insane, inhuman combos? It's like rubber banding in racing games; it's far better to have a fair game than an exciting one. Or maybe that's just me?

Anyway I'll get it sooner or later. Been using Noob and Ermac, getting both of them to Kahn before getting raped. I'll probobly get it with one of them soon.

DominationWarrior
09-04-2011, 12:12 AM
I dislike the online achievements for this game especially on ranked, but since I've finished them, I don't need anyone's help for the 2500 point respect achievement cuz I'm really good at the game. I main Jax.

The other achievements are a piece of cake.

Next2Flawl3ss
09-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Smoke is by far the best! :-)

ryanweinmann
09-05-2011, 03:41 AM
If anybody can help me get Turtle, I will help them with any achievement on Mortal Kombat.

BraSSmonkyS25
09-06-2011, 02:25 AM
any one up for some unlocking some achivments:locked:locked:locked:locked:locked:lock ed:locked:locked:locked:locked:locked:locked:locke d:locked:locked:locked:locked:locked:locked:locked :locked if so write me back and i will get back to u as soon as possible

BraSSmonkyS25
09-06-2011, 02:26 AM
ya i need that one too

The Ronamon
10-23-2011, 05:54 PM
I done this a cheeky way by signing out when I was about to lose, they had a win but I didn't have a loss :D

Blinkofur
11-18-2011, 11:14 PM
i am having troubles with the connection in this game. it probably has something to do with my internet connection but it messes up a lot & it makes it hard to get the achievements like 10 wins in a row in king of the hill.

StormySpiess3
11-29-2011, 01:25 AM
i have a question about the wavenet achievement. according to my user statistics i have 112 player match wins with 1 disconnect. the 100 win achievement never popped so i was wondering if they must be ranked wins. i didn't think they had to be but now i'm not sure. also, some of them may be king of the hill so do they all have to be king of the hill if some of them are?

TRIPPINIITHIS
08-06-2012, 06:15 PM
this games got a few hard achievements, but I love MK, who doesn't? BTW if anyone needs a boosting partner or wants to help me out hit up my gt. TRIPPINIIBABY69

GETTING GAME IN A COUPLE DAYS JUST IN CASE!!!

hengzt
09-09-2012, 03:03 PM
i have a question about the wavenet achievement. according to my user statistics i have 112 player match wins with 1 disconnect. the 100 win achievement never popped so i was wondering if they must be ranked wins. i didn't think they had to be but now i'm not sure. also, some of them may be king of the hill so do they all have to be king of the hill if some of them are?

No, it mustn't be ranked matches. Sometimes it pops up later due to disconnects or not finishing the games.

ColdCokeCan
12-07-2012, 02:44 AM
I really enjoy playing this game i didn't get it until recently but the online is so hard for me. i sometimes beat ppl but most of the time i get hammered so i think most of the online achievements are too hard for me.

Slaughter.
02-02-2013, 03:21 AM
Too many online achievements, would be a little better if you didn't need a fucking online pass code.