PDA

View Full Version : Altar creation

Infinite Wizard
03-05-2011, 05:45 AM
Hello everyone 8- D

Has anyone been able to create a spell which produces an altar that increases willpower, or for that matter any of the base stats, like the actual altars?

When I solo in the multi-player missions to grab loot, I place a personal teleporter at an altar of choice and carry a second for a quick way to and from the specific altar. For instance, in the Sarcophagus mission there is only one accuracy altar for when I use my Ranger and going from a fixed teleport to the altar and back wastes time. However, if I play with others that I don't know, my personal ones can get taken. Also, if I am not the host and the host exits the game or loses connection before I retrieve it, I lose it.

When I play the Marshland mission, I just take up a position near the sarcophagus and defend it. Would be great to pull up each of the stat boosting altars for those of us in that spot.

Zenith94x
03-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Don't think you can use an alter to increase willpower, because none of the effect cards can increase your willpower.

I think you can use this though:

Altar
Effect Card + Enchant with a time card

Use Life for endurance, Force for strength, and Psyche for accuracy. When I get on i'll check to make sure it works but I think it should.

Infinite Wizard
03-05-2011, 05:35 PM
I knew I could make an Altar for Endurance. I stumbled upon it when I was playing around with my cards. I didn't save it though. I started playing with it and found the formula and I also went to each altar to see what element it was to record it.

ACTUAL ALTARS:

ACCURACY Water Altar of Yatholen
ENDURANCE Earth Altar of Throglin
STRENGTH Fire Altar of Aziraal
WILLPOWER Air Altar of Maliel

SPELL CREATED ALTARS:

All of the Altar Spells for stat enhancement are the same structure except for the Effect Cards.

Spell 1st tier:

Altar Card(s) in the Carrier slot.
Time Card(s) in the Time Modifier slot.

The more Altar Cards used increases the number of times the Altar can be used before the time is up.

The more Time Cards used increases how much time before the Altar goes bye bye.

Spell 2nd tier:

Enchant Card(s) in the Carrier Slot. (only Carrier Card(s) allowed at this point)
Time Card(s) in the Time Modifier slot.
Psyche Card(s) in the Effect Slot for Accuracy. (Water Mastery)
Life Card(s) in the Effect Slot for Endurance. (Air Mastery)
Force Card(s) in the Effect Slot for Strength. (Fire Mastery)

The more Enchant Cards increases the the percentage of the stat increase.

The more Time Cards increases how long you have the stat increase.
The more cards of the selected Effect Type increases the percentage of the stat increase.

So the more skill points sunk into the Spell skills for allowing more of those cards per spell the better.

For melee and archery combatants, you may want to either sink points into the Magicks or use 4 rings and a necklace to enhance those skill sets. In either case you will need to unlock the appropriate skill sets.

Melee: Fire Mastery - Air Mastery - Wisdom & Sorcery Artisan

Archers: Water Mastery - Air Mastery - Wisdom & Sorcery Artisan

For personal use on the fly, all you need for the Wisdom Skill is to unlock it and bump it to level 2 for only placing one time card per tier.

At a later time (within a week but probably in two days), I will figure out and post the Crystal Configuration in the Rings and Amulet to minimize using skill points in the Magicks for non-mages. Then all you have to do is configure one of your weapon sets to a staff and the jewelry for quick use.

Infinite Wizard
03-11-2011, 07:52 PM
OK Now

The jewelry doesn't allow use of the sealing crystals which doesn't make a difference for the rings since they only have 2 slots. However, the necklaces have 3 and they would've made a difference. Ok, that was the bad news. For the good news, as I am sure everyone already knows, is that jewelry doesn't count against your carry capacity. Therefore, you can make all types of rings and necklaces for different things. I have my basic set of necklace and rings that I wear for my main mode of combat. Then I have a set for alternate modes of combat and for different situations. For instance I have a locksmith set of jewelry that bumps me up to the max from level 1 and works just as well and lets me put the 9 other skill points into the combat sections.

Ok, here is the jewelry configuration for non-mages to temp bump the mage skills for casting the stat enhancing altars:

RANGED FIGHTERS: ACCURACY + ENDURANCE ALTARS

3 level 7 Water Mastery crystals placed in the necklace to allow for using 10 Psyche Effect cards.
3 level 7 Air Mastery crystals placed as 2 in ring #1 with the 3rd in ring #2 for using 10 Life Effect cards.
3 level 7 Sorcery Artisan crystals placed as 1 in ring #2 and 2 in ring #3 for the max use of 10 Carrier cards.
2 level 7 Wisdom crystals in ring #4 will bump your Wisdom from unlock to level 7.
---If you want max Time cards, then you will have to put 2 skill points into wisdom.

MELEE FIGHTERS: STRENGTH + ENDURANCE ALTARS

3 level 7 Fire Mastery crystals placed in the necklace to allow for using 10 Force Effect cards.
3 level 7 Air Mastery crystals placed as 2 in ring #1 with the 3rd in ring #2 for using 10 Life Effect cards.
3 level 7 Sorcery Artisan crystals placed as 1 in ring #2 and 2 in ring #3 for the max use of 10 Carrier cards.
2 level 7 Wisdom crystals in ring #4 will bump your Wisdom from unlock to level 7.
---If you want max Time cards, then you will have to put 2 skill points into wisdom.

Infinite Wizard
03-12-2011, 05:38 AM
Actually, you will need a staff and all you have to do is upgrade it once to get a crystal slot for that final level 7 Wisdom crystal if you want full modifier card usage.

I know that when using spells that inflict damage, using a staff that is the same element as the spell gives more damage. I am not sure if that matters for buffing, healing and altar creation. If so then melee fighters would use the fire staff for the strength upgrade while the archers would use the water staff for the accuracy upgrade.