PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else really disappointed in this?

UNBOUND
03-05-2011, 06:19 PM
After Round 4 I had some high hopes for this game and while it is a pretty good game, it just seems to be missing something. There is definitely no lack of depth with the champion mode, legacy mode, fight now and all of the online modes, but it just doesn't seem as fun as Round 4 was.

One thing that does really bug me is that this is essentially the same legacy mode from Round 4. It sucked in Round 4 and it is just as boring here. Sure it's fun to KO Tyson or Ali with a created boxer, but it just so bare bones and menu heavy that is really sucks all of the fun out of it. The training games are pretty lacking too. A system more like the one is EA MMA would have been nice.

The last thing I'll bitch about are the achievements. Way TOO many online achievements. I guess it is the norm for EA games these days. Even though the last Fight Night had some downright impossible achievements you could still get 800 or so points from the single player alone. I don't expect achievements to be hand fed to me but the emphasis on OWC in the achievements is a bit overwhelming. Who even knows how well this part of the online aspect of the game will take off?

Anyway, that's my two cents. I like the boxing but the rest of the game doesn't do much for me. Although I did have a lot of fun with Champion mode.

Flow
03-05-2011, 10:17 PM
Champion Mode was fun even thought it was very short. I feel that they could have done a LOT more to it though.

James Medway
03-05-2011, 11:02 PM
Yeah i think it's a major let down apart from the graphics

UNBOUND
03-05-2011, 11:09 PM
I will agree that the graphics are ridiculous. Champion mode is definitely a route I'd like to see future sports games take on. There are so many stories involved with any sport that cut and dry career modes just seem stale when a game takes a chance.

The funny thing is, Prizefighter's career was actually fairly similar to this. There was even a fight when you broke your hand. This is much better but it might not be quite as unique as people think it is.

Azrael008uk
03-05-2011, 11:10 PM
They've taken the game up a notch since "Fight Night Round 4".

I'm enjoying it and like what they've done so far.

Not dissapointed at all.

Az

Takamura Bear
03-06-2011, 01:39 AM
Nope, not at all. Best boxing game I've played in a long time.

Love the brutality of the punches, cuts and bruises on a figher's face. The graphics, including the fighters, have a very organic feel to them.

I don't have an issue with the full spectrum punch control system, and I find it's much easier throw combos this time round.

I've had some great online (ranked) matches so far, and a few of them have been wars.

Flow
03-06-2011, 02:18 AM
Well, at least I'm getting zero lag when playing online.

Ratdart
03-06-2011, 02:43 AM
I think champion mode is good. Its short because I think they weren't sure how popular it would be. If it was 8 hours and people hated it then the game would get negative responses. I think they did a good job w the story and layout of it. It felt like I was fighting for a reason instead of just trying to get rank like in the other modes. I hope other games can take this and expand on it for future games.

CuddlyClamShot
03-06-2011, 03:58 AM
They've taken the game up a notch since "Fight Night Round 4".

I'm enjoying it and like what they've done so far.

Not dissapointed at all.

Az

You know users can see who is posting, so you almost don't need to put who you are at the end of your post.

Cuddly

By the way, OP I didn't really expect too much from this game, I just rented it for a few days for something to play. As a purchase it seems pretty low quality, after a while playing these EA sports games makes it feel like you aren't even playing anything new at all. I'm not sure what grand things happened since FNR4, but if this is it maybe they should just put a hold on the series for a few years at least.

GDMFS0AB
03-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Same i prefer FNR4.

asdfen
03-07-2011, 03:02 PM
I strongly dislike this game even thought I really enjoy Round 3/4
What they've done to fight mechanics does not bode well with me also Champion/Story mode is terrible.

chrisk62
06-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Well i have not played a Fight Night game since the 1st one on the PS2 so i can't really judge but i'm about to go out to buy this game as just had a quick go on my mates and i think it is brilliant, the graphics are about the best ive seen on any xbox 360 game and gameplay is really enjoyable, the Champion Mode is what i'm looking forward to playing, ive heard it's short but it's something a bit new and unique. I may spot a few flaws when i have a proper go at it but 1st impressions of it very very good.

gemnian
06-08-2011, 12:51 PM
I am dissapointed, this is so frustrating.

KFZ Scrubs
06-11-2011, 06:12 AM
Nope, not at all. Best boxing game I've played in a long time.

Love the brutality of the punches, cuts and bruises on a figher's face. The graphics, including the fighters, have a very organic feel to them.

I don't have an issue with the full spectrum punch control system, and I find it's much easier throw combos this time round.

I've had some great online (ranked) matches so far, and a few of them have been wars.

I like everything about the single player... the Online is what has me raging. I've had some great online wars too... close wins, and very frustrating losses. I'm mad now because people have figured out a way to stop my punches and stun me for like a second or two by guarding and moving around... was extremely frustrating. The style of play changed too... form people wanting to brawl to people throwing a couple of punches per round and backing off.

hydrosugar
07-10-2011, 12:01 PM
yeah a longer champion mode would've been awesome i was really enjoying that. now for the run of the mill legacy mode *sigh*

also the achievements are for lack of a better word, fucked. not only are their way too many online ones, their worth too much. i was mortified when i saw you got 10g for winning the epic fight at the end of champion mode against frost. and then they are ever so generous with the point distribution for the online ones i'll never bother to get.

i still might go for 100% sp though like i did with (EA sports MMA), but it'll probably be even less than the 650g i got for that. EA suck

also the fights have no realism to them. over 90% of my wins come after 2-3 knockdowns, where the guy gets up after 5 seconds then falls down. that exact motion nearly ever time. in fact i only remember 3-4 AI reactions to being knocked down in the entire game. 'gets up after 5 seconds', 'gets to his feet after 5 seconds, then collapses' and 'gets up after 9 seconds'. and a few times i just got a straight K.O. that is kinda a very big flaw when you think about it.

i know they tried hard with the graphics, and they are good, but far from perfect. when i punched the AI in the arm, a supernatural pulsating wave crept through his entire body. it was very visible and unrealistic. also there is clipping in this game, i got a clean knockdown and some epic cheekbone motions when i just barely clipped the back of the guys head.

still an above average game, but for a game preaching realism, i may as well play mike tyson's punch out.:p

AiriZona11
07-16-2011, 10:49 PM
Really? I hated Round 4 and it caught alot of flak for not having the button-punch controls. Overall I enjoy Champion,even thought the online mode is a joke.

delnaja
08-13-2011, 03:45 PM
I find the legacy mode far too menu driven and slow.

I just want to fight and not navigate menus.

Admital Skink
09-08-2011, 06:21 AM
I enjoy the game but the online is way too frustrating to frustrating to get too envolved in.

ufc fan andy
10-21-2011, 10:58 AM
I am really not liking it ,i am trying but just too much crap! This time i hate the training games worse than round 4 , legacy is pretty crap along with the AI and blocking (Especially in the training)! Im not even going to get online with this crap either. My support for EA falls with every game i get of theirs!

Grummy
08-03-2013, 01:36 AM
A bit of a thread necro this, but yeah, I'm disappointed in this, in fact, I absolutely hate it and think every part of it is much worse than the previous 2 iterations, both of which I adored.

iBuzz7S
08-03-2013, 08:12 AM
I'm hoping that they do a better job with UFC, seeing how it's the same team.

KFZ Scrubs
11-15-2013, 11:31 AM
I'm hoping that they do a better job with UFC, seeing how it's the same team.They're done with the Fight Night series for now. Too much money to license certain fighters (that's why Floyd isn't in this one, dude wanted too much money).
UFC games being pumped out more

rollinbull23
11-15-2013, 11:37 AM
They're done with the Fight Night series for now. Too much money to license certain fighters (that's why Floyd isn't in this one, dude wanted too much money).
UFC games being pumped out more

Too bad, I was hoping for a Fight Night game for the new gen since I really enjoyed FN Champion.

KFZ Scrubs
11-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Too bad, I was hoping for a Fight Night game for the new gen since I really enjoyed FN Champion.

Me too... Maybe we'll get one.
EA sold it, but I forgot to who. They don't make one often because I don't think they're making enough money fro it..... I hate it