03-06-2011, 01:35 AM
YouTube - Dragon Age 2 xp glitch...... infinite EXP level Up

its simple

mickjsg
03-06-2011, 01:44 AM
Already? Wow.

Lord Yamikage
03-06-2011, 03:49 AM
Quick question, not regarding the video, but experience.

Does monster respawn after you leave that area (after defeating the enemy)? Or is it like one kill only where you encounter the enemy once, and they never respawn.

synnarc
03-06-2011, 04:37 AM
Quick question, not regarding the video, but experience.

Does monster respawn after you leave that area (after defeating the enemy)? Or is it like one kill only where you encounter the enemy once, and they never respawn.
All of the enemy encounters seem to be triggered by questlines. I have not ran into any respawn areas.

Worhammer
03-06-2011, 04:52 AM
All of the enemy encounters seem to be triggered by questlines. I have not ran into any respawn areas.
What he said. It was the same in DA:Origins. At least, I never ran into an area with respawn.

Also, I'll bet it gets fixed in the patch we all get on release day. haha.

FSparacino4
03-06-2011, 05:01 AM
I cant watch that video. The guy talking sounds like he is legit retarded.

MrBubbles89
03-06-2011, 06:20 AM
How far into the game do you have to be before that can be done?
Since the video shows that he started at level 8 I think it was before getting to the exploit, anybody that would do this would have to put a little bit of time into playing before getting to that spot.

Eternaltriumph
03-06-2011, 06:46 AM
I genuinely lol'd.

ll Mr Bubbles ll
03-06-2011, 08:46 AM
pretty pointless, you rank up quick just doing the story(9 hours played and im lvl 11).... why boost to 20 straight away...ruins the game... as for gold you dont need it ...im currently sat at 75gold and have all my party kitted out in the best armour atm.

cobfab
03-06-2011, 12:08 PM
you can do this anywhere you complete a quest and it doesnt break into a cut scene. save your game right before you talk to someone. get out your weapon. quickly run up the the NPC. as your character automatically puts the weapon away, start to spam A. thats it.. the enemy do level up with you tho.. like what mr bubble say its pointless but still fun to give it a try..

KeepEmRolling
03-06-2011, 01:55 PM
pretty pointless, you rank up quick just doing the story(9 hours played and im lvl 11).... why boost to 20 straight away...ruins the game... as for gold you dont need it ...im currently sat at 75gold and have all my party kitted out in the best armour atm.

That's good to hear...I was afraid it would take forever to get money and glad it appears to be more like Awakening than the main game in that regard. Since there's no achievement for getting every class to 20, I won't be using any glitches because it would ruin the game for me as well.

Jawmuncher
03-06-2011, 04:05 PM
What he said. It was the same in DA:Origins. At least, I never ran into an area with respawn.

I dunno they never patched the INF XP in Dragon Age Origins

Worhammer
03-06-2011, 04:47 PM
There was an infinite XP glitch in Origins? Guess that goes to show how much I care for such types of bugs. lol

ll Mr Bubbles ll
03-06-2011, 05:36 PM
to be honest i didnt know about the money glitch in the 1st game, but i first hand felt the darkspawn patch fcuk up that made the acheivement harder to get.

Jumnious
03-07-2011, 04:50 AM
Thanks; will be using this. :)

Gackt
03-07-2011, 03:14 PM

Easy enough to bypass that...just play offline lol :D

Captain Urahara
03-07-2011, 07:34 PM
I'm less horrified by the glitch itself, and more horrified by the talking in the video. WTF is he saying half of the time?

A Shoe In
03-08-2011, 12:25 AM
Hah! At first I thought it was just a voice over or him trying to be funny, but as the video went on, I realized he was just excited at the beginning and he still sounded funny the rest of the way through.

JDMBO1
03-08-2011, 12:32 AM
seriously? already?

CptnSlappyPants
03-08-2011, 12:33 AM
Their going to see this and by the time the game comes out its going to be patched:locked:Bounce:

tkhbecker
03-08-2011, 01:28 PM
I cant watch that video. The guy talking sounds like he is legit retarded.I genuinely lol'd.OMG, First he sounds like a european trying to sound like he's black...
Second sounds like he's using an emulator...
Last, IF you want people to say your video was helpful why do the first or second thing..?

InfiniteRefrain
03-08-2011, 01:38 PM
One thing to note -- if this is anything like the lvl glitch in DA:O, the difficulty will scale based on your level.

ruslan74
03-08-2011, 01:56 PM
The voiceover is... well.. lol yeah. I cannot recall if the enemies in DA:O level up with your character as well? By the way, the PS3 version of DA:O was patched for the XP glitch prior to the battle, but the X360 version wasnt.

I am eager to try this out just for the sake of knowing what skills suit my playing skills better instead of wasting points into them. Does anybody know if you can respec the skill trees, if so then I will skip the glitch.

artphobia
03-08-2011, 02:00 PM
I cannot recall if the enemies in DA:O level up with your character as well?

They do. (not to mention I'm playing DA1 as I type)

EnteringtheCosmos
03-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Hah! At first I thought it was just a voice over or him trying to be funny, but as the video went on, I realized he was just excited at the beginning and he still sounded funny the rest of the way through.
According to the comments section on the youtube video he is actually putting a voice on :)

KuShNsTieN
03-08-2011, 02:49 PM
why the hell does he sound like that? its no point in using it if you lvl up quick

Spectre XVI
03-08-2011, 03:03 PM
I was thinking of buying today, but I changed my mind, becouse of this.

EnteringtheCosmos
03-08-2011, 03:17 PM

You don't have to use it.

mickjsg
03-08-2011, 03:20 PM
You're strange.

JDMBO1
03-08-2011, 03:33 PM
You're strange.
a troll probably

littlejay
03-08-2011, 04:09 PM
well the first game was never fixed, and i assume you played it. silly person.

goothgone
03-08-2011, 04:25 PM
props on this

padraiglovesyou
03-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Only here for his voice.

Zerokesra
03-08-2011, 07:56 PM
I've actually had this work for quests that have cutscenes. If you keep hitting A during the CS it'll just repeat after and give EXP/Money again. Granted its a lot slower.

DarqStalker
03-08-2011, 08:44 PM
I lost a few brain cells listening to the guy in this video.

blkalleykat
03-08-2011, 09:15 PM
thx 4 the video tip. i think the guy talking in the video has a very bad over bite

Dr Popodopolus
03-08-2011, 09:44 PM
Epic Dragon Age nerd voice is so EPIC!

MADasaHatter
03-08-2011, 09:47 PM
I was actually waiting for him to end the vid by yelling

"ENCHANTMENT!!!"

Darth Cuda
03-08-2011, 10:13 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that was thinking that...

MLG=Most Likely Gay
03-08-2011, 11:44 PM
Best youtube vid i have seen in a looooong while. Dont even care about the exp.

littlejay
03-09-2011, 02:39 AM
lvl cap of 50. ty turbo controller lol

Gravedigger31133
03-09-2011, 03:32 AM
Where is a location of a side quest? I can't find any.

Robert-da-pro
03-09-2011, 10:21 AM

Could not say any better myself :)

ginuwine_import
03-09-2011, 10:43 AM
i used this technique at a different location, it works but it keeps freezing me when i try to save or exit the map. tried find a NPC to activate a quest but they are all gone whenever i do the trick. I have the game installed on my hdd. has this happen to anyone yet?

PRoPaGaNdA XII
03-09-2011, 03:04 PM
i went to spot where this glitch is and the guy isnt standing there, i cleared my xbox catch still not there, what am i missing here ty

goothgone
03-09-2011, 03:22 PM
i went to spot where this glitch is and the guy isnt standing there, i cleared my xbox catch still not there, what am i missing here ty
you can do it at any sidequest that dont have a cutsene

CIKShock
03-09-2011, 04:21 PM
What was the other way for inf xp in DA:O? They patched the heck out of the ostagar one :(. I went back to it last month and figured I'd skip to level 10... a definite no go. Just imported a save I hope is the one I wanted.

solo07
03-09-2011, 04:43 PM
wow. I hope this guy is just really high otherwise he is completely mental.

Greendisease
03-09-2011, 04:59 PM
I LOL'd at this dude's voice... and yeah totally ruins the game if you do this...

AltruismIsDead
03-11-2011, 08:51 AM
LOL

I don't have Dragon Age 2 yet, but after reading the comments I had to watch this video. This has to be one of the greatest youtube videos ever!

So I had to make a quote of him to clear up what he says if no one can understand him. It makes for a perfect subtitle companion while watching the video.

Okay guis, dis is da Dwagon Age 2 gwitch dat I jus foun out tuday. It hewps wit da XPEE, LEVEL UP All da gewd sheit ya know. Lewk eet, level 8 warriors. Okay guis owl show you guis how to due it, it's pitty simple. Imma pitty sure everwebody can due it. Owight, you go to dis gui wight here dwaghauba switch weepons, da pwess A, and lewk wut yew geet. Yew keep pwessin A. Lewkit, GEWDYS!

Sum GEWDIES, XP! Wight here. Goodeez goodeez! Lewkit lewk at. Oooh boi, lewk at dat. Owl dose godden up. Disis cawwed the dell phive olo gwitch ya know. Wight here, lookit, lewkat da XPEE goin up.

I... I dunno haw da phuck I deed it butt it jus happined guis. Lookit lookit. Dwagon Age too gwitch, wight here. Owga...Ow'll sho you guis da lewel up inna bit. Wen I lewel up.

shinobigarth
03-12-2011, 07:50 AM
any way for them to catch you doing this?

Grimfel
03-12-2011, 08:49 AM
any way for them to catch you doing this?

Doesn't matter. You aren't doing anything illegal since they built it into the game themselves. BTW... to make that even more clear. You don't have to spam A. You don't have to have your weapon out. I tried this when you turn in the wine to the elf and just walked up, hit A, waited and hit A again. BOOM more exp and gold. I stopped. Walked away. Didn't leave the area, came back, he was still there, hit A and BOOM, more exp and gold. SO... that is not anything illegal, it's just a glitch in the game.

I am eager to try this out just for the sake of knowing what skills suit my playing skills better instead of wasting points into them. Does anybody know if you can respec the skill trees, if so then I will skip the glitch.

You can. There are potions you can buy, I believe called Maker's Breath. The Emporium has 99 of them, and I saw them at one of the vendors in low town as well.

Suki
03-12-2011, 02:20 PM
give the guy with vthat oice his own tv show he is so retarded and stupid sounding it was be the funniest thing on the box

RedDwarfUK
03-12-2011, 08:11 PM
I though it was Arnold Schwarzenegger at the start :D

Then he goes into a really bad impersonation of Ali G.

bok249
03-12-2011, 09:19 PM
The voiceover is... well.. lol yeah. I cannot recall if the enemies in DA:O level up with your character as well? By the way, the PS3 version of DA:O was patched for the XP glitch prior to the battle, but the X360 version wasnt.

One of the shops in the Black Emporium sells a respec potion (fully respecs attributes and skills) with infinite stock for like 1.3 gold each. iirc its the crafting shop.

LobsterCat
03-12-2011, 10:24 PM
The only thing i have a problem with this is that the enemies seem to match whatever level you are. Has anyone else felt this as well who has done the glitch??

Grimfel
03-13-2011, 07:53 AM
The only thing i have a problem with this is that the enemies seem to match whatever level you are. Has anyone else felt this as well who has done the glitch??

That is correct. They DO level up with you. BUT... if you are doing your skills properly then you should still rip through them.

1001puppys
03-13-2011, 08:28 PM
I did this glitch as well and have had no problems at all on Recruit. I did it to have all the skills from the get-go, not just to be level 20...I am sure some feel the same.

On a side note, if you combine this with the infinite armor trick (someone else posted it in this forum) you shouldn't need to worry about dying if you are a warrior or use Aveline/the other elf guy who is a warrior.

Tyrion619
04-26-2011, 12:56 AM
Sorry for bringing a dead thread back to life, but does anyone know if this has been patched yet?

JDMBO1
04-26-2011, 01:01 AM
Sorry for bringing a dead thread back to life, but does anyone know if this has been patched yet?
yes it has been patched