PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what choices carry over?

scoonmillar
03-06-2011, 01:49 PM
I am currently doing my last playthrough of DAO and was wondering if anyone knows or has a link to what dlc pack choices get carried over into 2, i know that awakening needs to get done but what other dlc packs count towards it?
thanks for any help

Worhammer
03-06-2011, 04:43 PM
My guess is the only one besides awakening that would count would be Witch Hunt, because all the others are new saves.

But as far as I know, there's been no official word on what choices carry over and which ones don't.

scoonmillar
03-06-2011, 04:55 PM
thanks was thinking the same but wasnt sure will do them and see what happens in the codex once i start

Penguino Rojo
03-06-2011, 05:02 PM
I would think the flashback or alternate style dlcs, lelianas song and darkspawn chronicals, and the misc dlc's, like side missions in the main game and the golems dlc won't matter much, if at all.

So, yeah, I guess that leaves Awakening and witch hunt. But they could surprise us.

ll Mr Bubbles ll
03-06-2011, 05:45 PM
also if you decided to side with the mages or templars in the quest *magi circle* or whatever it was called.This will impact your DA2 story.

tripleb2k
03-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Origins, Awakening, Golems and Witch Hunt are the game saves that will transfer over (according to the wikia page, so take it for what it's worth).

mickjsg
03-06-2011, 06:47 PM
I would imagine who you made King or Queen at the Landsmeet would carry over, that's pretty major.

Amy326
03-06-2011, 06:55 PM
I do not think the choices you made in DA:O carries over. The most they impact is what bystanders talk about in events and such. At least that's what I heard, I hope I am wrong cause Im almost done witht he playthrough of DA:O that I am g oing to import, and I would love to see some major decisions show up.

xRick79
03-06-2011, 10:12 PM
So various decisions from DA:O will carry over, but has anyone heard if importing a character save will have any effect on EXP or money that you start with (ie. Mass Effect 2 import based on end game player lvl.)? I'm curious if they'll give us something like this or not?

FSparacino4
03-06-2011, 10:57 PM
So various decisions from DA:O will carry over, but has anyone heard if importing a character save will have any effect on EXP or money that you start with (ie. Mass Effect 2 import based on end game player lvl.)? I'm curious if they'll give us something like this or not?

I am pretty sure nothing from your inventory nor exp will carry over from a DA: O save simply because you play as an entirely different character.

artphobia
03-07-2011, 02:07 AM
Choices on the ruler, who you were, what you were, if you lived, who you let live.

Pieville
03-07-2011, 06:08 AM
I'm pretty sure it's DA:O, Awakening, Golems and Witch Hunt.
Though the changes are small. Kind of like most of the stuff in Mass Effect 2.

Captain Urahara
03-07-2011, 07:02 AM
The biggest impacts are
1) Who did you put on the throne?
and
2) Who killed the Archdemon?

Awakenings, Golems, and Witch Hunt will also affect DA2 somewhere down the line. Bioware stated that there will be DLC that will take into account other decisions, notably the DLC ones.

Pieville
03-07-2011, 08:45 AM
The biggest impacts are
1) Who did you put on the throne?
and
2) Who killed the Archdemon?

Awakenings, Golems, and Witch Hunt will also affect DA2 somewhere down the line. Bioware stated that there will be DLC that will take into account other decisions, notably the DLC ones.

Hopefully there's a DLC in which you meet the King/Queen.

Xerxes 8933A
03-07-2011, 08:55 AM
According to the modded demo the listed choices I've seen are as follows.

Alister is King of Ferelden. Conner was killed. Mages were recruited. Bhelen rules. Dalish Elves were recruited. Loghain became Warden. Vigil's Keep was saved. Warden's Keep was reclaimed. Shale was discovered. King Cailan's corpse was burned. The Anvil was destroyed. Loghain killed Archdemon. The Warden performed the dark ritual. Amaranthine was saved. The Warden stabbed Morrigan. Alistair died killing the Archdemon.

The demo doesn't read saves properly, but those are at least some of the choices that it recognizes.

tripleb2k
03-07-2011, 06:26 PM
I am pretty sure nothing from your inventory nor exp will carry over from a DA: O save simply because you play as an entirely different character.

I'm gonna miss my Vigilance sword and Heartwood Bow.

I think most things mentioned in the Epilogue of the game will be discussed or have quests related to them in the game. Like having to do a task indirectly for the King of Orzammar. Stuff like that.

Rixiden
03-07-2011, 08:51 PM
wait, holdup, the player can stab Morrigan in DA: O? I never knew of this option and I played through about 3 times and saw multiple other endings in each playthrough

iToastMan
03-07-2011, 09:05 PM
wait, holdup, the player can stab Morrigan in DA: O? I never knew of this option and I played through about 3 times and saw multiple other endings in each playthrough

Im guessing its witch hunt?
It does say 'Revenge, questions or reconnecting with your lost love' on the description lol
Never played it :(

Worhammer
03-07-2011, 09:50 PM
I eloped with her after Witch Hunt. I was so sad when she just disappeared at the end of Origins, very happy I was able to get the ending I really wanted after that DLC. lol. She was my love interest. Gotta love them hawt goth chicks. Mmmm.....

artphobia
03-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Gotta love them hawt goth chicks. Mmmm.....

QFT

Going to have to download the other 2 dlc for DA1 now. The combat revamp for DA2 has reinterested me in DA... where as before I liked it but got bored soon after completeing the game.

KillerChris8814
03-07-2011, 11:26 PM
Gotta love them hawt goth chicks. Mmmm.....

Gotta agree t goth chicks are always a great thing.:bow::woop::Bounce::woop::bow:

Rubberboy
03-08-2011, 10:19 PM
I noticed a number of people have already gotten well into the game so to reiterate the main question what does carry over? I have just played through Origins and awakening again and would like to know whether the other DLC carries over. I will probably have DA2 tomorrow or Thursday and I would rather get into it if Withhunt and Golems make no difference plot wise.

Durdens Wrath
03-09-2011, 03:38 AM
Apparently there's a nasty bug where flags don't get set, and later on BOTH your choices from DA:O are overwritten AND your choices from earlier in the DA2 game are changed.

Cyano Khaar
03-09-2011, 03:53 AM
Apparently there's a nasty bug where flags don't get set, and later on BOTH your choices from DA:O are overwritten AND your choices from earlier in the DA2 game are changed.

WHAT? :eek:

Dude...screw that. Luckily I won't be able to play the game for about 2 weeks so hopefully they patch that issue.

I X I Shock I
03-09-2011, 04:13 AM
I noticed a number of people have already gotten well into the game so to reiterate the main question what does carry over? I have just played through Origins and awakening again and would like to know whether the other DLC carries over. I will probably have DA2 tomorrow or Thursday and I would rather get into it if Withhunt and Golems make no difference plot wise.

When you make a character, and import a save, it tells you the main decisions you made, so I'm assuming those are the ones that matter.

Durdens Wrath
03-09-2011, 05:27 AM
WHAT? :eek:

Dude...screw that. Luckily I won't be able to play the game for about 2 weeks so hopefully they patch that issue.

With Dragon Age, it seems like Bioware has the most retarded testing staff ever assembled. They NEVER do regression testing. Witch Hunt, and the problem with the textures in Awakenings conflicting with Warden's Keep as examples.

twhiting9275
03-09-2011, 08:16 PM
I do not think the choices you made in DA:O carries over
Incorrect. There are choices that affect the game outcome, supposedly

Correct.

Hopefully there's a DLC in which you meet the King/Queen.
Considering this is designed to run parallel (alongside) DA:O, I highly doubt this will ever be the case.

There IS an achievement that will be made easier (Epic) if you choose to complete the game with a save imported

Completed Dragon Age II twice, or completed it once with a save imported from Dragon Age Origins.

artphobia
03-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Yea just noticed when you are selecting an import character that if you hit Y it will show you a "Plot Summary" of what the specific save had done in DA:O, etc.

Example of one of my playthroughs...

Connor was freed from the demon
Mages were recruited into the army
Dalish Elves were recruited into the army
Harrowmont rules Orzammar
The Anvil of the Void was destroyed
Loghain was killed
Alistair is king of Ferelden
The Warden performed the dark ritual with Morrigan
The Warden killed the Archdemon
Amaranthine was saved from the darkspawn assault
The Architect is alive
Warden's Keep was reclaimed
Shale was discovered

Also looking at a plot summary of a completed Witch Hunt save, I didn't see any new additions about how I ended that DLC.