PDA

View Full Version : How long is the game?

Stressneivo
03-06-2011, 04:58 PM
I see that a few of you have gotten it already(lucky bastards). So I wonder how long is it if you include the side quests and listening to conversations?

FSparacino4
03-06-2011, 05:16 PM
I see that a few of you have gotten it already(lucky bastards). So I wonder how long is it if you include the side quests and listening to conversations?

Someone said that they beat it in 20 hours on Casual doing all of the side quests so let that be a guestimate.

iToastMan
03-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Someone said that they beat it in 20 hours on Casual doing all of the side quests so let that be a guestimate.

That makes me a very unhappy toastie, i will be playing on hard then i guess, see if it adds much more to the game time^^

Flow
03-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Took me around 22 hours with doing most quests. So, I'd say around 20 or so.

ll Mr Bubbles ll
03-06-2011, 05:34 PM
im sat on 14 hrs and i think im about half way through the game,... i like to check every room / chest / cave though.

N7 Johnny Clash
03-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Ian Mitchell was talking about 40 Hours of Gameplay

ll Mr Bubbles ll
03-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Ian Mitchell was talking about 40 Hours of Gameplay
probably because a 20 hr run through is possible but to get all 1000g then atleast 2 playthroughs are needed.

Amy326
03-06-2011, 06:57 PM
I heard 40+ hours with all side quests and abailable DLC that is offered at this point. Thats not counting that we all know they are going to throw tons of DLC at us soon.

FSparacino4
03-07-2011, 12:37 AM
Depending on if you played Origins or not will determine your time to 1,000 :gsicon:

With Dragon Age: Origins Save = ~ 35-40 Hours
- 1 Full Playthrough (Warrior, Mage or Rogue) siding w/ either Templar or Mages 5 times
- Partial Playthrough #1 (1 of 2 remaining classes) Reach Kirkwall siding with the opposite faction 5 times
- Partial Playthrough #2 (last remaining class) Reach Kirkwall with last class

Without a Dragon Age: Origins Save = ~ 45 - 50 Hours
- 1 Full Playthrough (Warrior, Mage or Rogue) siding w/ either Templar or Mages 5 times
- 2nd Full Playthrough (1 of 2 remaining classes) siding with opposite faction from 1st Playthrough
- 1 Partial Playthrough (last remaining class) Reach Kirkwall

Exiled Prince DLC - Unknown at this time

You are still looking at 40+ hours for the 100% regardless if you have played DA:O

scrummers
03-07-2011, 12:39 AM
It's shorter then the original but longer then Mass Effect 2. But it really depends on how you play then game.

artphobia
03-07-2011, 02:18 AM
Depending on if you played Origins or not will determine your time to 1,000 :gsicon:

- Partial Playthrough #1 (1 of 2 remaining classes) Reach Kirkwall siding with the opposite faction 5 times

- 2nd Full Playthrough (1 of 2 remaining classes) siding with opposite faction from 1st Playthrough

You are still looking at 40+ hours for the 100% regardless if you have played DA:O

This sounds about right. People stating completion within 20hours must not be paying attention to much in the game. Sorry.

ll Mr Bubbles ll
03-07-2011, 06:29 AM
like i say im sat at 21 hours (as of last night) and im about half way through on my 1st playthrough(imported DA:O save) im making sure to do every side quest and companion quest, i made lvl 22 last night and have about 200 gold and no i didnt do the xp glitch, when you first start off you rank up a decent amount but later on as you battle bigger stuff (dragons etc..) you get hella xp. On average 1 rank per hour on hard.

tripleb2k
03-07-2011, 06:28 PM
The people who beat the game, did you skip through the dialogue or listen?

I beat Origins pretty quickly because I skipped a lot of the dialogue. I KNOW that cut down on a lot of time.

ll Mr Bubbles ll
03-07-2011, 07:09 PM
first playthrough i listened to it all, my 2nd im skipping the main story stuff as i know whats happening.

Stressneivo
03-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the answers. Hopefully I get my copy tomorrow!

Sam is Psych0
03-08-2011, 11:56 AM
have about 12 or 13 hours played and i'm level 11 i believe. hopefully i can get at least another 10 hours out of it.

ll Mr Bubbles ll
03-08-2011, 12:27 PM
you probably will do , i seemed to rank up 1 lvl per hour.

artphobia
03-08-2011, 01:07 PM
37hrs
Casual
No deaths
Listened to all convos
Re-walked places for additional quests, etc
Though I did ignore one ally completely, Fenris (the male elf)

Darth Cuda
03-08-2011, 10:22 PM

How does DA:O save matter? (Other than obvious dialogue changes)

Darth Cuda
03-18-2011, 09:44 AM
I have over 40 hours and I'm at the end (I think) of act 2. Granted I leave few stones unturned. I reload saves a lot (to see "what if" scenarios play out) and the time doesn't include them. I'm going to give it an estimated 60 hours based on data collected so far.

lordskorrkeeper
03-18-2011, 10:48 AM
first time beating it took me about 40 hours the second play-through took just under 30 not sure if I skipped any dialog but on both play-through I did all quests I could find although on the second I did not do Fenris personal quest and Zeveran's quest did not appear wonder if I killed him in the DA:O save I used?

TrevorDaddy
03-18-2011, 01:16 PM
I've been playing between hard and nightmare (sticking to hard because nightmare's team damage is a joke, I kill my companions with my 2-hander attacks all the damn time, even targetted attacks because there's a frontal cone area of affect).

I explore all maps, do every quest, listen to all dialogue, etc. etc., and I'm up to almost 70 hours of gameplay already according to my most recent saved game, and I just started Act III. This is also not counting time to replay sections where I died on Nightmare difficulty, experimenting during fights, back-tracking through saved games because I missed something, or my other playthroughs (my mage and rogue playthroughs are about 1/3 through Act I).

BloodGodAlucard
03-18-2011, 01:43 PM
I finished my first playthrough yesterday. I did everything I could find in the game. I did miss a couple of quests though I believe. It took me just over 55 hours. I loved this game and am currently doing a second playthrough. :)