PDA

View Full Version : Fast way of gaining legendary weapons

Jacko1983
03-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Im not sure if this has already been documented but thought it might help a few people.

For this you need 2 controllers and a character with 50 silver keys.

1. Load your profile with 50 keys on to your second controller

2.create a new xbox profile and load fable 3

3.skip the cutscenes and choose your character/clothing.

4. instead of going to elisa/the other guy go down the right hand path towards the 50 key chest

5. press start on your second profile and use that character to open the chest.

6. use your 1st character to LB gift the weapon to the 2nd character

7. after it has saved sign out of the first profile and create a new profile

8. press b to return to the fable main menu and repeat.

It takes roughly 5 minutes for each legendary weapon so if your lucky this is a lot quicker than completing the game over and over again, it also gives you more weapons to trade with if required.

Hope this helps

Toams07
03-06-2011, 07:20 PM
After reading it twice, I finally understood what you are meant to do and I think it will actually work.
Very nice find and thanks for your support to the community!

Jacko1983
03-06-2011, 07:39 PM
it works the only issue is that there is a very good chance of getting duplicates as every time you create a new profile it resets the weapons for that profile. in about 30 minutes i got 10 legendary weapons and about 5 different ones. its still a very good way of getting extra weapons to trade with pretty quickly.

You have to create a new profile as the weapon drops aren't random after a save has been created. they are the same for each playthrough by the looks of it.

Toams07
03-06-2011, 08:30 PM
5 new different weapons in 30 minutes might still be very useful.
Some players might eventually find that one weapon they still need

Andreas_loel
03-06-2011, 09:27 PM
This only proves how stupid the fucking achievement is tbh, sure its a nice little trick to fuck the system but it only shows how good the game community is when it comes to down to being forced to help others.

LS1987
03-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Dude I hope this works got a day off work tomorrow will definately try this out at least it will give me a new grouping of weapons

Ragnarok1986
03-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Works great! :D

oli90
03-07-2011, 01:04 AM
You have to create a new profile as the weapon drops aren't random after a save has been created. they are the same for each playthrough by the looks of it.

Does erasing the all saved data for that gamertag work or by creating a new profile do you mean it has to be on a different gamertag each time?

Jacko1983
03-07-2011, 01:13 AM
just create a new local profile. i named mine "a" and then added an extra a everytime i completed it. deleting the data seems to work also but its easier to just delete all the profiles after.

I seem to only be able to get chickenbane,dragonstomper,swinging sword and sandgoose at the moment so im starting to think the chests arent as random as i thought

TomShackles
03-07-2011, 02:36 AM
This is brilliant. Thank you for the great idea!

Agent Aero
03-07-2011, 04:13 AM
Thanks for this info man, it's been a pain getting the legendary weapons and then i deleted some of my DLC and now i can't load my fully completed saved game.

So, grabbing 50 keys then doing this seems much more simple.

zIII JOKER IIIz
03-07-2011, 07:53 AM
Yeah I got confused, but I get it now!
Will try later :woop:

VCutter
03-08-2011, 12:08 AM
I remember this having been said before, but too long ago for anyone to remember it. In all likelihood, this shouldn't get you 50 legendary weapons, just rare weapons that have been tagged as possible prizes for that one chest.

xCH4PM4Nx
03-08-2011, 01:16 AM
awesome find, thank a lot!

Matt C Bosten
03-08-2011, 02:16 AM
I remember this having been said before, but too long ago for anyone to remember it. In all likelihood, this shouldn't get you 50 legendary weapons, just rare weapons that have been tagged as possible prizes for that one chest.

Think this may be the case. Thus far I've only been able to get 3 different weapons; Dragonstomper .48, Chickenbane and Swinging Sword. Anyone got any others from the chest?

rekikire
03-08-2011, 02:33 AM
So just get your 50 key guy to follow around your newbie to a few different chests then.

mcfreier
03-08-2011, 09:22 AM
hey does anybody have the achievement for the legendary weapons and is done playing the game. I was wonder if someone could help me with the achievement.

Toams07
03-08-2011, 05:32 PM
If there are only 4 different weapons you can get it might not be as useful as I thought ..

Barrosy
03-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Someone tried this already? You should make a video and send it to me in an e-mail. I think I know what you mean, but in a video it should be more clear.

Wober
04-18-2011, 06:47 AM
Does it works now?
Since I have been getting the same weapon over and over again (even if I create a new GT), I think they patched it (since the person who opens the chest it's the same you will get the same weapon)....

Marshbag12
04-18-2011, 12:30 PM
Someone tried this already? You should make a video and send it to me in an e-mail. I think I know what you mean, but in a video it should be more clear.

I don't think it could be any clearer.

Would XBL be a factor? Meaning is there a chance a different weapon could appear offline?

Also is there an easier way to access the main menu? I end up reverting back to the dashboard each time...I know its petty but loading this game on an elite takes a while.

EDIT: Nevermind signing out does the job. I was just worried about the game saving.

Toams07
04-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Does it works now?
Since I have been getting the same weapon over and over again (even if I create a new GT), I think they patched it (since the person who opens the chest it's the same you will get the same weapon)....

Loll'd ..
LH patches everything we want to keep and patches nothing we want to get rid of

Marshbag12
04-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Loll'd ..
LH patches everything we want to keep and patches nothing we want to get rid of

Haha I've noticed that.

Wober
04-21-2011, 10:11 PM
Now I think that for the same hero, silver chests contain always the same weapon...

stevebaker28
04-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Wouldn't you also get different weapons depending on how good or evil you are too? For instance, if you play through the game being completely good you've got pretty much no chance of getting Skorm's Justice...maybe you guys who are only getting four or so different weapons should go on a mass killing spree and then try it again?

Perseus1956
04-28-2011, 07:52 AM
Forgive my ignorance (I'm new to Xbox), do you need to set up another on-line account to do this or can your "guest" account work?

AntMervJones25
04-28-2011, 12:19 PM
Does this still work? Ive tried and I keep getting the swining sword..

Agent Aero
05-09-2011, 01:25 PM
No this method doesn't work. The chest only yields a range of 3-4 weapons.

UnarmedReaper07
05-14-2011, 05:45 PM
I keep getting "chickenbane" even though I used two new profiles. My main profile got "the sandgoose".

Xenolith666
05-14-2011, 07:14 PM
i'll have to give this a shot, even if i get some duplicates of rarer weapons, makes them easier to trade

Lewd Llama 69
05-15-2011, 06:30 PM
Hey Xeno, were you able to get this to work? I may need to give it a try as having some extra trading weapons never hurt:woop:

Xenolith666
05-15-2011, 07:11 PM
Hey Xeno, were you able to get this to work? I may need to give it a try as having some extra trading weapons never hurt:woop:

Hey Lewd, no I haven't yet, probly tonight or tomorrow as I'll most likely be on most of the day Monday.

Jimbo76
05-16-2011, 11:12 AM
Damn thats a lot of work.
yeah could be easier doing it the way intended. but thanks anyway.

UnarmedReaper07
05-16-2011, 12:54 PM
I started a new profile again, but this time I got "the sandgoose". I tried this on multiple saves and kept getting this weapon. The odds of getting the same weapon is pretty high. Dragonstomper is the only weapon I need in the "50 silver chest" and I feel that its going to take me a long time to get it.

Loki09
05-16-2011, 02:59 PM
Just my 2 cents. I opened this chest on 5 different profiles following this method and came up with Chickenbane EVERY time. My guess is its been fixed so only one weapon out of the 4 possible can be acquired when stealing from this chest. In other words, this method wont work anymore. However, the duplicates you recieve can be traded.

Xenolith666
05-22-2011, 04:51 PM
I tried this method, and here's what I saw.

It didn't matter if I was a male or female character, but if I chose the "Practical Prince/ess Outfit) I would get a Chickenbane.

If I chose the other outfit (the fancier one) I would get a Sandgoose.

It could have been a coincidence, but I used 3 different profiles and got the same results.

I would also suggest that if anyone does this method, create just 1 profile, then when you've opened the chest and saved and exited; just go to your hard drive and delete the character save for that profile, then load it up again. It is a good way to get extra weapons for trade.

jonmaxx
05-23-2011, 07:53 PM
Thank you!!! I stopped playing the game because I didn't want to go through the collectible achievements all over again (the Gargoyles and Keys were a pain in the ass in Fable II). It kinda put me off a little bit -- but now, I have renewed hope! I'm definitely gonna try this out.

NiBium
05-25-2011, 10:54 PM
FYI, I tried this method about 10 times this evening and got the same weapon each time. I guess it's been patched.
<RANT>Especially annoying given that last time I traded online, my save game got wiped (46/50). The time before that someone ripped me off and left the game without giving me a weapon in return. There really should be an escrow feature for this kind of thing.
I'm now 40/50 and rather reluctant to go back online to fill the gaps. Then again, the idea of replaying until I get the rest is hardly filling me full of joy... </RANT>

ArsenicPuppy
05-27-2011, 12:08 PM
I have been trying this method with multiple profiles using the prince and princess and the elegent and practical suits and using different characters that have the 50 silver keys. I seem to only get the dragonstomper .48 at night and the sandgoose in the morning, could just be coincidence though.

Forsak3n WoN
05-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Have you guys removed the patch to see if that made a difference?

NiBium
05-30-2011, 09:47 PM
Have you guys removed the patch to see if that made a difference?
I've just tried it and it's wiped my save game. Again.

I know the achievement was meant to be hard, but this is getting ridiculous.

NiBium
05-30-2011, 11:12 PM
Scratch that. Found both "lost" save games under the "Load" option in the Sanctuary. Why the hell it's started new games unprompted is beyond me. Anyway, after a bit of swapping between profiles, it feels good to be back to 47/50.

Trying again without the patch - this time I'll backup my USB drive first. ;)

NiBium
05-30-2011, 11:29 PM
Right, sussed it. Fable won't load my 50-key save games into the second player's pre-patched game because they were created after the patch. That's why it was creating new ones.
It does give you a bit of a shock when it says "Saving..." then your character appears in a practical outfit with no weapons. A message prompt would have been nice.

irJessica
05-30-2011, 11:40 PM
Right, sussed it. Fable won't load my 50-key save games into the second player's pre-patched game because they were created after the patch. That's why it was creating new ones.
It does give you a bit of a shock when it says "Saving..." then your character appears in a practical outfit with no weapons. A message prompt would have been nice.

Triple post? Really?
Your first post has an edit button.

Any idea when this patch would have come in?
As I played properly through three saves and got a different weapon each time. If I tried that now would it effect me?

NiBium
05-31-2011, 12:24 AM
Apologies for the triple-post. Didn't know it was bad etiquette. My bad.

Regarding your three saves: I don't think it'll work if you've already been playing with the patch applied. When I tried to load my saves, I got a message saying that it couldn't due to the different game versions. Applied the patch, then I could load my game - but obviously that patched the exploit and so was useless.

I think that in order to make the exploit work you need a 50-key save game from before the patch. Haven't tested it, and I don't think I'd want to given the time involved. All this comes with a disclaimer that it's pure conjecture based on my experiences tonight.

Good luck!

Toams07
05-31-2011, 05:30 PM
Thank God I already have the weapon achievement
I dont even want to imagine how hard it has to be to collect them all through trading

Nazgoroth
06-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Been trying this today, and i can confirm that it still works.

Sometimes you get duplicates but so far i've had the swinging sword, chickenbane, the sandgoose and the dragonstomper 48.

I'm on player5 so far, so imma have a few more attempts if i can get that hammer.

Read the primary post correctly, but for those still confused. Step by step (really step by step)

1. Log out,
2. Turn on second controller.
3. Log main profile (the one you use primarily) in using controller 2.
4. Pick up controller 1.
5. Make profile using controller 1.
6. Start fable using controller 1.
7. Skip the cutscenes put on your suit and head for the silver box.
8. Pick up second controller and press start.
9. Open box using second controller.
10. Accept weapon on controller 1.
11. Trade weapon with your main character (controller 1) save and exit.
12. Go to xbox navigation on controller 1 (central shiney X button) and log out profile 1.
13. go back to fable main menu (B)
14. Make new profile using controller 1.

Rinse and repeat.

Hope you get the sexy weapons,

Greets Naz.

P.s. The box does seem to be limited to about 5 or 6 weapons, but these are otherwise the most difficult to get as the shops don't sell them.

head0r Inc
06-13-2011, 11:20 PM
can you only get 4 weapons out of that chest? :confused:.. how should you be able to get the rest of them by yourself? .. dont tell me you have to trade -.-

Klister NL
06-14-2011, 04:01 PM
what I did was just using a second account and just play through the story, logging in my primary account whenever I found a silver chest or a new weapon. It's alot more time consuming, but alot less boring

jadebutterfly
06-20-2011, 09:58 PM
Never thought about this. Thanks for the advice, definetely help with the 'rare' weapons.

A User Name
06-25-2011, 06:14 PM
It's a little confusing, but helped me get 7 of the last 9 weapons I need. Thanks alot.