PDA

View Full Version : PS3 is getting everything, and so far, we are getting nothing!

Ceejus
03-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Netherrealm and/or WB definitely has something against Microsoft. That's the only thing one can assume. Think about it.

Mortal Kombat HD Arcade Kollection is a PS3 exclusive. Jade's original outfit is a PS3 exclusive if you buy the movie on Blu-Ray. Kratos plus his own stage are PS3 exclusives. And to add insult to very serious injury, PSN Plus users get the demo tomorrow, followed by regular PSN users a week from tomorrow, with no word on when the 360 is even getting it.

I have only one thing to say:

W
T
F

FriXionX
03-07-2011, 10:16 AM
followed by regular PSN users a week from tomorrow, with no word on when the 360 is even getting it.

wat

its been announced xbox is getting it on the 15th. which is.. oh. look at that. a week from tomorrow.

Ceejus
03-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Source plz

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
03-07-2011, 11:15 AM
just sounds like sony shelled over some money for extras. no biggie they are pointless anyway. Its still the same game.

The Pants Party
03-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Source plz

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-7718-Mortal-Kombat-Demo-Announced-For-Xbox-Live.html

Always a good idea to check our site news first. ;)

tobiasdennis
03-07-2011, 05:10 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-7718-Mortal-Kombat-Demo-Announced-For-Xbox-Live.html

Always a good idea to check our site news first. ;)

"Ed Boon's NetherRealm Studios is planning to release a demo on Xbox Live after the PS3 demo launches on March 15th"
"You'll be able to download the blood-drenched Mortal Kombat demo from the Xbox Live Marketplace some time after March 15th, hopefully more than a month before the game releases on April 21st"

This is what Ceejus was saying. We have no confirmed date, we just know we WILL get a demo, but Sony has the exclusive for the next couple weeks.

Also, Sony IS getting a lot more attention from netherrealm, but, I can't get mad. Microsoft usually gets all the bonus content over Sony... it just sucks that this is a game I actually give a shit about and we're getting F'ed in the A. :(

The Pants Party
03-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Ah, I read it as "if the 360 is getting it" not "when." My bad.

CloneDemon117
03-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Eh....one character, a costume and an exclusive demo....not really fussed about these anymore.

As long as there is Sub-Zero and the possibility I can rip someone's head off and have their spine dangling...I'll be that 12 year old kid again who played MK1 on his Master System ;D

Since I'm in Australia, I'd just rather have the damn game rated and released rather then knocked back XD

jswartz0181
03-07-2011, 08:53 PM
As long as there is Sub-Zero and the possibility I can rip someone's head off and have their spine dangling...I'll be that 12 year old kid again who played MK1 on his Master System ;D
Like this? :P YouTube - Mortal Kombat 2011 - Sub-Zero Classic Fatality - Sub-Zero Decapitation Fatality

Annalie
03-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Yea like that lol.

Also boys remember we get alot of dlc and stuff before they do... so dont get mad. this is just a one time thing i wouldnt be surprised though if we had to wait for dlc this time around. it makes me laugh cause they were all whinny and bitching about when we get content first, now that they get 1 measly character and a demo early they boast about it lmao. all i want is the game already......

thereefernander
03-08-2011, 12:51 AM
I want demo!

TheRealBr1ghtShadow
03-08-2011, 01:03 AM
Well, Xbox did kinda join in late on the console wars. A few of the first mortal kombat games were on Sony and Nintendo consoles. But like said above we will probobly get DLC before they do. It'll be worth it in the long run to stick with 360.

Smurfboy
03-08-2011, 01:20 AM
Don't be greedy. Xbox 360 had a lot of stuff way before any PS3 owners get anything. Namely Grand Auto Thief IV's add-on. Remember that? ;)

PyreBall
03-08-2011, 04:31 AM
360's gotten boned on a couple of games now. First on Portal 2 and now this. PS3 version getting Kratos is complete bull. There are plenty of good characters that they could choose from for an exclusive character for the 360. Hopefully this will be rectified.

Pieville
03-08-2011, 04:43 AM
Who cares seriously, Microsoft always fucks Sony over with early access to demos and DLC, who cares if PS3 gets one measly character even if it is Kratos. We'll probably get an exclusive character as DLC in the future, and if not big whoop. Them getting Kratos isn't gonna spoil the game for me.

Cav Clayton
03-08-2011, 08:33 AM
All PS3 users get is Kratos. He is the ONLY exclusive.

The demo is barely even a timed-exclusive, given that presumably it will be on XBL within 2 weeks.

So far the HD collection isn't even known to still be in development.

Jade's costume is supposedly non-exclusive.

Bunglist
03-08-2011, 09:21 AM
Xbox usually gets all the best exclusives, and Sony obviously ponied up the most cash on this one. You can't have it all.

PyreBall
03-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Who cares seriously, Microsoft always fucks Sony over with early access to demos and DLC, who cares if PS3 gets one measly character even if it is Kratos. We'll probably get an exclusive character as DLC in the future, and if not big whoop. Them getting Kratos isn't gonna spoil the game for me.

An extra character in MK is one thing. It's irritating but I suppose that it's not that big of deal. What's happening with Portal 2 is just wrong, though. PS3 owners will be getting a free copy of the PC version of the game, which is completely unfair.

Annalie
03-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Blame Microsoft they don't want steam or to partner up or whatever with Valve which angers me. they dont realize that their shitty decisions effect the gamers.

TheTenthPlague
03-09-2011, 07:02 AM
Well, Xbox did kinda join in late on the console wars. A few of the first mortal kombat games were on Sony and Nintendo consoles. But like said above we will probobly get DLC before they do. It'll be worth it in the long run to stick with 360.

You mean Sega and Nintendo right?

As long as I can see an extreme amount of blood and gore and it not get boring at all, I'll be happy.

XXPh3n0m3n4LXX
03-09-2011, 06:42 PM
I have ps3 and xbox360 and I am still buying it on xbox360. I could careless about Kratos... I think xbox360 is a better gaming system and ps3 for movies like blu-rays... That's just my opinion...

BlindxLink
03-09-2011, 06:48 PM
I have ps3 and xbox360 and I am still buying it on xbox360. I could careless about Kratos... I think xbox360 is a better gaming system and ps3 for movies like blu-rays... That's just my opinion...

I'm getting my copy on PS3 because the Dpad is WAY better than xbox's sorry excuse for one.

XXPh3n0m3n4LXX
03-09-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm getting my copy on PS3 because the Dpad is WAY better than xbox's sorry excuse for one.

I decided to get the Tournament Edition. I suck at fighting games without the arcade stick ;P

BlindxLink
03-09-2011, 07:02 PM
I decided to get the Tournament Edition. I suck at fighting games without the arcade stick ;P

Well that works, haha.

Ceejus
03-09-2011, 11:16 PM

The new controller with the transforming D-Pad isn't bad at all. I have one. Playstation's controller is too small and misshapen either way, regardless of its button-based D-Pad. The 360 controller feels much better in the hand, and for that reason alone, it's more convenient. But to each his own.

PyreBall
03-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Blame Microsoft they don't want steam or to partner up or whatever with Valve which angers me. they dont realize that their shitty decisions effect the gamers.

No, Valve did it as something of an apology towards Sony since the head of Valve verbally shat on the PS3 for the first several years after it released. The PS3 barely survived its first few years and I admit that it's impressive the way they dragged themselves up from the depths, but if he wanted to give an apology then he should have put the ability to play as a Gordon Freeman in Portal 2 as a PS3 exclusive or something (Not a real bonus to any version of the game, just so nobody gets confused).