PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty Settings

theduke1
03-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Does it affect xp gained or anything when doing quests or killing monsters on casual?
Thanx

ll Mr Bubbles ll
03-07-2011, 04:05 PM
higher difficulty gives more xp, i played on normal for awhile then it got to easy cranked it up to hard and gaining alot more xp .

iToastMan
03-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Good to know man, tbh ima bit of a pansy and i like playing on casual and destroying everything but i think ill be on hard on this game... :)

ll Mr Bubbles ll
03-07-2011, 04:18 PM
each to their own dude aslong as you enjoy the game thats all that matters, but like i say i was on casual until like lvl 12 then i put it on hard as you seem just one shot everything on casual when you tank up a character.

iToastMan
03-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Ima just play on normal, i dont lile controlling my party on consoles, just set the tactics up and leave em be...
might try hard though :)
Do the enemies take a bit more damage on this one? they seemed to in the demo but i guess that was because it was at the beginning? :o
What class are you playing?

ll Mr Bubbles ll
03-07-2011, 04:38 PM
i was playing as rogue using archery but completed the game last night (reached lvl 23 in 26hrs)at first the enemys take a few hits then as you rank up it becomes less and less so i raised the difficulty.On casual i was shooting one arrow and it would kill a standard darkspawn/human enemy.But now im doing a run through with a mage which is pretty cool once its a high level.

As for controlling the party its not really necessary although does give you more control over the battle, if you played the first you know how to set up good tactics before hand eg .. i made sure everyone in my party if they dropped below 50% or 25% health they would heal themselves,my mage & me (as i was archer) would stay back while the 2nd rouge & warrior (who i focused on strength & stamina) would head into the battle. I would rain arrows from afar the mage would you lightning etc and heal the whole party on command.
Bish bash bosh , Me= 1 enemies = 0

iToastMan
03-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Ahh cool cool, yeah im familiar with setting the tactics and such so that part should be fine :)
Thanks for all the info man :)

ll Mr Bubbles ll
03-07-2011, 04:49 PM
no worries, back to the game i go , cant get off this thing lol its really good.