PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Thread

KriugerisLT
03-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Didn't notice a thread like this, so it felt like i should start one.

Completed the game not two minutes ago, and i'm a little bit confused about the achievements that didn't unlock for me, or i didn't get the chance to do them. The weirdest thing is that i did EVERY possible quest i got my hands on.

Achievements i thought were story related didn't come up. For example:

Crowning Glory
A Worthy Rival
Supplier (this one is a mystery).

For the supplier i got every possible resource there is, i had one of every and still this didn't unlock. Maybe it's meant to get ALL resources that are available during the years of Hawkes travels.

Would be nice to know if there's a person who knows how many messages from "Band of Three" are in total, and they're locations maybe. Also the same for the "Chantry Historian" cheevo. I traveled everywhere and picked up everything I saw, and still neither unlocked for me...

Anyone having similar problems, as I?

P.S. - Sorry, for my English. It's not my native language.

ll Mr Bubbles ll
03-07-2011, 04:08 PM
dude im in the same boat, completed it with a rogue, did every side quest & companion quest and still miss the ones you mentioned also the romantic one? even though i had sex with isabella and merril (merril even said * i guess this means where together now*) and she moved in with me..

after comparing gamercards with you the ones im missing:

1. Complete a romance : like i stated i had sex with 2 people even moved in with merill and had isabella say she was falling for me.
2.Secret : i will get this one i know how to.
3.Demon slayer : i killed all story related demons while playing as rogue dunno how i missed this one.
4.Master craftsman : didnt know what counted as a whole craft tree.
5. I got your back : im pretty sure i bought all upgrades from the vendors (i know new ones are available as you progress) i was one short for isabella.

Otherwise the others im missing are viscount...find the books etc...

Going through again now with a mage to see anything appears differently with a different class.

KriugerisLT
03-07-2011, 04:11 PM
I'm also missing "Exorcist"

There was no quest related to this. Because as I said, I did EVERYTHING.

Can someone elaborate?

Lord Yamikage
03-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Oh man, hopefully achievements are not glitched. With that said, I hope guide can clearly clarify the issue.

Well, good luck to you guy and keep it updated. It might help future guide writer.

Aqua18
03-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Someone should start a guide who has it early :)

ll Mr Bubbles ll
03-07-2011, 08:15 PM
We arent allowed to until release date, although i wont be making one (will be busy) i will happily help/confirm with whoever makes the guide as im sat at 725g atm.

FSparacino4
03-07-2011, 08:16 PM

I have a guide started, but won't be releasing until the game is officially released and I feel comfortable with my work. Probably end of the day on Tuesday.

Aqua18
03-07-2011, 08:20 PM
I have a guide started, but won't be releasing until the game is officially released and I feel comfortable with my work. Probably end of the day on Tuesday.

Thanks man It's always good to have somewhere to look if you have questions. You guys are lucky Gamestop employees I'm guessing...

Ph1l0z0ph3r
03-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Yea I just completed the game and I'm missing these achievements even though I did all the sidequest. Any ideas?

Demon Slayer

Find and kill an ancient personification of pride.

Exorcist

Deal with an undying terror

Financier

Become a partner in a Deep Roads expedition.

ll Mr Bubbles ll
03-07-2011, 09:38 PM
i dont know how you didnt become a partner in the deep roads expedition as this is story related and i thought was unmissable as for the other two im missing them too although after speaking with someone who has it , it seems Demon slayer is in darktown as part of a quest , as to how or when to unlock the quest im unsure but he killed the hybris in darktown.

rodhenry
03-07-2011, 11:10 PM
The band of three isn't hard... prolly

It seens you need 3 secret messages each year.

I got exactly three the first playable year.

1 was in the Elven Alienage
1 in the Bone Pit
And the other one I don't remember. sorry (I do think that was in the docks tough)

The second playable year

1 In the Qunari complex
1 In the Viscount building or the Chantry, can't remember.
1 Darktown at night.

I'm currently at the second playable year.

One thing to notice is that when the second year kicked in, all the treasures and resources spots reseted, you have to search it all again.

When you go to your house and have the option to order potions and etc, there is a list of the spots, telling you how many you got.

One of the loading tips says that if you do not get they all in each year, they're gone for good, so only forward the story when you're sure.

As for the demons achievs I think it's related to the quests that have continuations.

The Missing wife one and the bone pit for example.

I'm yet to finish the game, I'll try to clarify more later.

About the Deep Road thing, you get a chance to not pay it, some random dwarf offers to finnance it for you.

scrummers
03-08-2011, 02:54 AM
for the archeologist achievement one. I am guess there are 30 messages to gather if there are 10 playable years since there are 3 each year. But idk how many years are playable. So i am just guessing.

Sonic1896
03-08-2011, 03:41 AM
I figured this would be the best place to ask this cause most of you have the game as well.

Very Minor Spoilers-
*Does any one remember the locations of the 4 conspirators in the quest "The Conspirators"? I have 3/4 and I've searched every where I can think of with no luck.*

fastNcurious
03-08-2011, 03:50 AM
Just curious, how are you guys getting early access to the game? I know the press/industry folks get them early..., is that how...?

Aqua18
03-08-2011, 03:58 AM
Just curious, how are you guys getting early access to the game? I know the press/industry folks get them early..., is that how...?
I really have no idea how because I know my friend who tried to buy games early in the past the system doesn't let you at target, toys r us, walmart, Gamestop, etc. He even worked at target and he couldn't get a game early. A message comes up when you scan them that says this item cannot be sold before whatever date...

scrummers
03-08-2011, 04:05 AM

Probly got it early from a gamestop. Either work there or are close to someone there. But not all do it.

KillerChris8814
03-08-2011, 04:37 AM
A lot of times if you pre-order and get it shipped to your house it will get there early also. As to how some people got it early.

fcb ghost
03-08-2011, 08:14 AM
Crowning Glory : it's the second ending you need to take the side of the knights not the mages.
A Worthy Rival : you need to talk always good against Arishok. and normal at the last mission in year 3 before he attacks the city . there will be one more dialog there you will have the achievement.

sorry for bad english

scrummers
03-08-2011, 03:03 PM
So looking at the guide about archeologist and there are nine messages you need to collect to get it. There are 4 in each act but you only need three. But maybe collect all four just to be safe.

Minor Spoilers ahead. Beware.

Act 1: The Bone pit, the gallows, viscounts keep, and lowtown (night)
Act 2: Chanty, Darktown, Gallows Dungeon (during the dissent quest), Docks (qunari compound)
Act 3: These are all done during quest two during justice, one during gmlens greatest treasure, and the final one at the docks during the last straw.

Straight from the guide. But doesn't say exactly where.

Also the chanty historian which requires you to collect 4 chapters of the history of the chantry. 3 chapters are found at the chantry during daylight visits. But chapter the is found during the quest Following the Qun. Just letting you guys know so you can keep an eye out. If you don't already know.

kliqIMB
03-08-2011, 03:21 PM
@The two people asking about getting the game early:

I work at GameStop and if we play any games early / sell them early it's not only a felony crime, but we're instantly terminated (if found out of course) and banned from the store. Not many people I know are willing to risk their jobs just to play the game a few days early.