PDA

View Full Version : This is starting to depress me...*Secret Achieve Spoiler Warning*

TEBellant
03-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Besides the fact that Ps3 can't stop humping Warner Bros. leg.
(Demo Early, Jade Alt(Like anyone cares bout Jade :P), and Kratos.

Im dissappointed that Human Smoke is probably gonna be one of the four hidden characters along with the red clad ninja girl(The picture he showed is actually full on google cause its an actual fan made design for a red ninja girl)
She will be a new character and not Scarlet/Sareena like everyone thinks she is. And lastly these characters probably wont be unlockables :-/

One small glimpse of hope is the tiny tease that Ed Boon was gonna grab a killer instinct character(Most positive itd have to be Fulgore or Cinder) for the 360 exclusive but that probably will be a dlc IF its even true...*Sigh* :uzi:Unfairness!

What's yall's opinion about all this? Very interested to hear all of your guesses on the four hidden characters.

jswartz0181
03-07-2011, 06:15 PM
It'd be nice to see a source/date on the K.I. bit. When I first saw someone mention that he hinted to that on Twitter, I wasn't able to find anything; only that he loved K.I. and wanted to see it updated too.

TheRealBr1ghtShadow
03-08-2011, 01:10 AM
Im dissappointed that Human Smoke is probably gonna be one of the four hidden characters along with the red clad ninja girl(The picture he showed is actually full on google cause its an actual fan made design for a red ninja girl)
She will be a new character and not Scarlet/Sareena like everyone thinks she is. And lastly these characters probably wont be unlockables :-/

Wait thier two of the four hidden charaters but not unlockable? Confused. :confused:

And Killer instinct? Ugh. I would assume not to have an exclusive character than have one that doesn't even fit with the game. How much do we have to say that. Listen to the real fanboys, who have been playing since it has been released on arcade rather then the people who just picked it up a year or two ago.

TEBellant
03-08-2011, 01:20 AM
Wait thier two of the four hidden charaters but not unlockable? Confused. :confused:

And Killer instinct? Ugh. I would assume not to have an exclusive character than have one that doesn't even fit with the game. How much do we have to say that. Listen to the real fanboys, who have been playing since it has been released on arcade rather then the people who just picked it up a year or two ago.

No bro sorry for scaring you I confused myself(I do that a lot). Im guessing Cyber-Sub-Zero and Quan Chi are two of the four like you and that the other two will be unlockable as well. Im hoping for Smoke and the new red ninja girl.
To be honest Killer Instinct is even better than Kratos because Killer Instinct was just like Mortal Kombat with the blood and No Mercy(Their version of Fatalities which were just as gruesome). The first time I played Mortal Kombat was on console except I would still play on arcade whenever I went to one. I remember the first time I learned Mortal Kombat 4 existed...I walked into the arcade machine :p But overall I wouldn't mind if we didnt get an exclusive but if we had to it'd HAVE to be Killer Instinct...As much as I love Gears of War 2 it's a shooter...and thats just not right.

Pieville
03-08-2011, 06:37 AM
Maybe they should just give us a new character.
Maybe another Ninja. Tremor would be cool.

Vulger Spartan
03-08-2011, 06:55 AM
I don't think Cyber Sub-Zero is in the cards as a "canon story" character when the next game comes out, its a new MK time-line, but I don't think sub-zero will get mechanized perminently, but I think this time he wont marked as a traitor by the Lin Kuei with the red scar. With Noob & Sub-Zero both in it & Scorpion on the road of Vengeance for His Family & clan and Quan Chi also in it...

I think they will Have an MK 4 Style Ending since the Time-Line is Remade during MK1-3 meaning all of the prequel MKM:Sub Zero is still intact.

So Quan Chi & the Original Sub-Zero (Noob Saibot) are The Conspiritors in Shirai Ryu's Extinction, letting Younger Brother of Sub-Zero off the Hook With Scorpion. Then a Alliance is Formed with Sub-Zero & Scorpion VS Quan Chi & Noob. after maybe the Cyber Ninjas (Cyrax & Sektor) make an attempt on Sub Zero's Life & Scorpion Helps out SZ & Scorpion is killed(he's undead so he's sent back to hell) or gets redeemed as a human (instead of being an undead spirit in future games).

Now Killer Instinct character would be cool it was a pretty decent fighting game but I think Boon was just saying it would be cool to reboot it since Rareware basically forgot about it. Fulgore would be cool but I always saw him as a Sub-Zero/Predator mash-up, Tusk doesn't Look Like any MK or SF character so that would be cool, even though I never really liked him.

I dont think 360 will get an exclusive & part of me hopes it wont. I though MK vs DC would be Kool Because MK never crossed over with anything(like MvsC) but since then I've become an "MK Purist" to hell with Kratos, Gears, K.I. its MK's Reboot back to the beginning when there were no outsider characters in an MK game.

TheRealBr1ghtShadow
03-08-2011, 11:08 PM
I don't think Cyber Sub-Zero is in the cards as a "canon story" character when the next game comes out, its a new MK time-line, but I don't think sub-zero will get mechanized perminently, but I think this time he wont marked as a traitor by the Lin Kuei with the red scar. With Noob & Sub-Zero both in it & Scorpion on the road of Vengeance for His Family & clan and Quan Chi also in it...

I think they will Have an MK 4 Style Ending since the Time-Line is Remade during MK1-3 meaning all of the prequel MKM:Sub Zero is still intact.

So Quan Chi & the Original Sub-Zero (Noob Saibot) are The Conspiritors in Shirai Ryu's Extinction, letting Younger Brother of Sub-Zero off the Hook With Scorpion. Then a Alliance is Formed with Sub-Zero & Scorpion VS Quan Chi & Noob. after maybe the Cyber Ninjas (Cyrax & Sektor) make an attempt on Sub Zero's Life & Scorpion Helps out SZ & Scorpion is killed(he's undead so he's sent back to hell) or gets redeemed as a human (instead of being an undead spirit in future games).

That sounds bad-ass. I just get really interested with this stuff. And if you want to see some beast cosplay, check this out. I honestly thought this was a third Mortal Kombat movie that I missed. Lol.

YouTube - Mortal Kombat Rebirth - 2010 Action Short Film | HD

Sorry for the off-topic, but just thought I would share this with you guys to hold you over for a day on your Mortal Kombat addiction.

Vulger Spartan
03-10-2011, 08:23 AM
YouTube - Mortal Kombat Rebirth - 2010 Action Short Film | HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy2CGY4c55k)

Actually That Video got the attention of WB & NetherRealm & it's Gonna Be a Web Series it's Filming Now, in Vancouver (Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis' Filming ground, *fingers crossed* for Outworld) . But as cool as the Real World stuff is I hope they include the "other worldy" elements of sorcery, portals to other realms & super powers.

Here's some Info on The Web series
http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_%28web_series%29
also FYI: Durac, Goro's Brother is teased at MKWikia but I think its just someone messing with the page, since its gonna be more Real World based.

This could lead to a Full TV Series or Movie. REMEMBER: SyFy's "Sanctuary" also started as a web series & now its the channels top show.

Herr Shaun
03-10-2011, 06:16 PM
If they bring in a KI character, don't let it be Cinder. We already had Blaze. Fulgore, Gargos or Jago please.

Also, don't let the PS3 extras get to you. MK9 is getting all these PS3 exclusives because they know 360 is the more popular console, and nobody's going to give Sony their money unless they get a sweet deal.

L KIRA HAYABUSA
04-04-2011, 10:56 PM
We should get Jago!! Even though he looks like Sub-Zero, he could still be a good character. Doesn't he have somthing to do with a tiger? Or Black Orchid would be good too!

F Swan
04-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Orchid please ...

crow74
04-05-2011, 06:01 PM
A KI fighter would be a great idea in the MK franchise played the game for many hours as a kid in the arcade's, for sure was the first game that actually was based around the combo system.
Awesome fighter an characters to match :woop:

Ceejus
04-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Dunno what the TC is talking about. There is no concrete evidence that WB is favoring Sony over Microsoft. Them getting a demo is probably because Sony offered them money and Microsoft for whatever reason didn't. And it is known that we will get our own exclusive content, and that content may have already been leaked. If it's true, we are actually getting better content than PS3 owners.

As for human Smoke and the Lady in Red being hidden characters, I don't know where you got this information. Human Smoke will be playable right off the bat, and the Lady in Red isn't going to be hidden, she's going to be DLC.

And Ed Boon is not putting in any Killer Instinct characters. That should be more than obvious. I don't recall a tweet he posted that hinted at it. If he did, it should have been more than obvious that he was joking. Killer Instinct doesn't fit in with MK in the least bit, and has been a dead series for a looong time now. Rare doesn't even have any plans to do anything with KI, nevermind Netherrealm.

TheUglyCasanova
04-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Why would you care the PS3 gets a demo and a crappy exclusive character? :confused:

You know this will sell way more copies on xbox, thus if you pop it in two years down the road you're way more likely to find a match than you will on the ps3 version. Hell my friend can't even join into a Homefront game on his ps3 and that came out like a month ago??

I'd much rather have the larger fan base than a crappy character or a demo (which was pretty sweet even on the ps3) any day of the week.

Voltagore
04-05-2011, 10:40 PM
I would have thought that a Big daddy or big sister from bioshock would have been a good exclusive for 360..oh well still be a great game either way.

crow74
04-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Dunno what the TC is talking about. There is no concrete evidence that WB is favoring Sony over Microsoft. Them getting a demo is probably because Sony offered them money and Microsoft for whatever reason didn't. And it is known that we will get our own exclusive content, and that content may have already been leaked. If it's true, we are actually getting better content than PS3 owners.

As for human Smoke and the Lady in Red being hidden characters, I don't know where you got this information. Human Smoke will be playable right off the bat, and the Lady in Red isn't going to be hidden, she's going to be DLC.

And Ed Boon is not putting in any Killer Instinct characters. That should be more than obvious. I don't recall a tweet he posted that hinted at it. If he did, it should have been more than obvious that he was joking. Killer Instinct doesn't fit in with MK in the least bit, and has been a dead series for a looong time now. Rare doesn't even have any plans to do anything with KI, nevermind Netherrealm.

An you think Krato's is a better character to have in the game over any KI character lmfao epic face palm there,
Rare dont even own Ki any more they sold out to MICROSOFT years ago!
So basically what your saying is if Ed boon doesn't twit it it aint going happen?, nice logic there ;)

KyKy
04-06-2011, 04:01 PM
I couldn't care less even if they do favour Sony, its not as if their taking anything away from the 360 version. If it had more MK fighters then yea, it would bother me. But's it is only Kratos and a demo. :confused: