PDA

View Full Version : Pre Order Bonuses List

Tweekem
03-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Hey Fellas... a lil newer round here and cant find the answer Im lookin for so here goes...

Ok... we all know that there are 3 Editions...

Reg
Special (Kolectors Ed) w/Bookends and stuff
Ex Special (Tournament Ed) with Mighty Controller and stuff

But what I want to know is what store has what character w/classic costume and fatality... and this is what I have so far...

Game Stop/EB - Scorpion
Amazon - Reptile
Wal Mart - Mileena
Best Buy - Sub Zero
Blu Ray DVD - Jade (PS3 Only)
Toys R Us - ?
K-Mart - ?
Target - ?

Anyone know more than what I posted? I need to make a decision... so far "Sub Zero Wins" in my book...

Ceejus
03-07-2011, 10:56 PM
That's it so far. The only other bonus classic costume is a Playstation 3 exclusive. It's Jade's original costume for buying Mortal Kombat on Blu-Ray.

Chances are there will be a Kitana bonus somewhere like Toys R Us, Target, or K-Mart if bonuses for Jade and Mileena have already been announced, but nothing else has been announced yet other than what's on your list.

Reptile would win in my book, but I'm not waiting 3 days to play the game, then 5 days to receive my preorder bonus. I'd rather have everything day 1, so Scorpion it is for me.

Tweekem
03-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Hey Fellas... a lil newer round here and cant find the answer Im lookin for so here goes...

Ok... we all know that there are 3 Editions...

Reg
Special (Kolectors Ed) w/Bookends and stuff
Ex Special (Tournament Ed) with Mighty Controller and stuff

But what I want to know is what store has what character w/classic costume and fatality... and this is what I have so far...

All PreOrders - Ermac
Game Stop/EB - Scorpion
Amazon - Reptile
Wal Mart - Mileena
Best Buy - Sub Zero
Blu Ray Movie- Jade (PS3 Only)
Toys R Us - ?
K-Mart - ?
Target - ?

Anyone know more than what I posted? I need to make a decision... so far "Sub Zero Wins" in my book...

Updated already... thanks for the info... just thought others would like to know what all is out there... I have been left out to dry not knowing who has what as far as pre-orders go... wish they would go the extra step and make the ultra uber preorder... pay a lil more and get all the download goodies regardless of where you buy. I can dream right?

Ceejus
03-07-2011, 11:03 PM
This information is actually already in my List of confirmed characters and arenas, but a separate topic wouldn't hurt I suppose.

tobiasdennis
03-07-2011, 11:09 PM
CHANCES ARE all these costumes are going to be unloackable anyway. If you watch those challenge tower videos, you'll see some classic costumes. I BET you can unlock them somehow, and the pre-order bonus code is just to unlock one of them early.

Either that... or they'll charge us $$$ for costumes :/

M 0 R T I K I A
03-08-2011, 03:41 AM
I live in Kingston Ontario (Canada) and at my EB (Gamestop) we get the scorpion outfit + the first mortal kombat dvd :) ... and my room mate works at best buy so theres subzero for me as well :P

BlindxLink
03-08-2011, 04:35 AM
You get Ermac's Klassic outfit when you preorder from anywhere.

Pieville
03-08-2011, 04:46 AM

Sweet!

They'll probably sell us an alternative costume pack in the future for 320MSP, which I'll be happy to buy, as long as it's not above 560MSP!

Tweekem
03-08-2011, 05:24 AM
This information is actually already in my List of confirmed characters and arenas, but a separate topic wouldn't hurt I suppose.

Sorry bud... didnt see it. To be honest... I think they will be unlockable as well. Achievement list gives some stuff away and one of them said something about a hidden finisher so.. Too bad no one was doing exclusive characters... they would look like the MK1 graphics but play in this along the others... my weird excllusive ideas...

Burning Karma
03-10-2011, 04:31 AM
Not that I'm doubting you, but source?

BlindxLink
03-10-2011, 07:18 AM
Not that I'm doubting you, but source?

Seems like a reliable source. There's images of Ermac's costume all over. But here.

http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/News/read.cds?article=1351

Vulger Spartan
03-10-2011, 07:25 AM
There's Mention of Bonuses at MKWikia (link below), but You can Find some specifics on Character Pages as well.
I recall reading Somewhere that the Kollectors & Tournament Eds. come with their own Retro Ninja bonus card (maybe Ermac?) and that the "Pre-Order bonus" Retro Ninja is Depending on the Store you pre-ordered at.

So for example, you'll end up with: The avatar outfit, the special Ed. Retro Ninja, and The Pre-order (Store Specific) Retro Ninja. And either the Arcade stick or Bookends depending which option you picked.

http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_%282011_video_game%29

XXPh3n0m3n4LXX
03-10-2011, 02:34 PM
If I preorder from Bestbuy the Tournament edition, will I still get the subzero? or does it have to be the single game copy?

jswartz0181
03-10-2011, 09:24 PM
I believe those pre-orders (Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Reptile) only apply to the standard version (not Kollectors or Tournament edition). At least that was my understanding.

Tapion
03-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Would think any pre-order at the specific stores gets you that costume. As for Ermac, looks like to me, its included in the Kollector's and Tournament Editions. I'm just going with Kollector's myself at Gamestop.

HabsCen10ial
03-11-2011, 03:47 PM
I believe those pre-orders (Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Reptile) only apply to the standard version (not Kollectors or Tournament edition). At least that was my understanding.

:woop:The classic costumes you listed above come in ALL editions depending on where you pre-order from. The Ermac classic only comes with the Kollector and Tournament editions. :drunk

IIISETIII
03-11-2011, 04:22 PM
I don't believe you also get a classic fatality to go along with the costume even though some stores are saying you do. I think all the fatalities are already in the game and all you get is the costume. I'm probably wrong but it's just a feeling I have.

clubsoda
03-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Yeah whats the source, i never heard of this!

Burning Karma
03-13-2011, 04:45 AM
Ahh, cool. Thanks for those links.

Would think any pre-order at the specific stores gets you that costume. As for Ermac, looks like to me, its included in the Kollector's and Tournament Editions. I'm just going with Kollector's myself at Gamestop.
Same here.

thereefernander
03-13-2011, 06:19 AM
I just want the game and the book ends. :S Could care less about the costumes and stuffez. Really don't wanna drop $100 on a game.

jswartz0181
03-16-2011, 03:16 AM
:woop:The classic costumes you listed above come in ALL editions depending on where you pre-order from. The Ermac classic only comes with the Kollector and Tournament editions. :drunk
Too broke to get the Kollector's edition, but are you absolutely sure about that? Checking back at Best Buy's site (where I've pre-ordered), it says While supplies last, when you pre-order the standard edition of Mortal Kombat for PS3 or Xbox 360, you will get a code to access this Best Buy exclusive in-game character.

WackFiend
03-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Here is what I have found out so far:

GameStop in-store signs say that when you pre-order the game there you get Skorpion's classic costume/fatality, and the Kollector's Edition comes with Ermac's.

Best Buy's website says when you pre-order the standard edition you get Sub-Zero's costume/fatality, and that the "code is included in the package with the game". Nowhere do they indicate who is included with the Kollector's edition.

Amazon says that the Reptile costume/fatality code will be emailed 2 days after shipment. Also no mention of contents of Kollector's Edition.

Walmart's website mentions neither pre-order bonus or Kollector's Edition content.

It's particularly interesting that Best Buy says the Sub-Zero code is included in the case. I wonder if this will be the same with other in-store copies. So if you pre-order at GameStop you won't get a separate slip with the code, but rather first-shipment copies will have it inside. If so, this means anyone hoping to get a code from a buddy at the store are shit out of luck.

I plan on getting the Kollector's Edition at Best Buy (haven't pre-ordered yet, may in the future). My question is what all codes am I going to receive with said edition?

It is entirely possible that the Kollector's Edition incluse ALL of the classic costumes, which is why Best Buy specifically states it is only included with standard edition pre-orders. GameStop mentions Ermac specifically because he may ONLY be included in the Kollector's Edition and is not a pre-order bonus anywhere.

jswartz0181
03-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Walmart's website mentions neither pre-order bonus or Kollector's Edition content.

It's particularly interesting that Best Buy says the Sub-Zero code is included in the case. I wonder if this will be the same with other in-store copies. So if you pre-order at GameStop you won't get a separate slip with the code, but rather first-shipment copies will have it inside. If so, this means anyone hoping to get a code from a buddy at the store are shit out of luck.
If you click on the item description at Wal-Mart's site it says in the last feature bullet
Preorder w/ Walmart.com today and receive code for Wal-Mart's Exclusive Character Molina (sic)

As for Best Buy's including it with the package, I think they mean the package that arrives at your door (as opposed to e-mailed or a separate parcel or whatever), and not actually inside the case itself.

WackFiend
03-16-2011, 10:11 PM
If you click on the item description at Wal-Mart's site it says in the last feature bullet

Alfred Molina is going to be a playable character!? What does he have to do with Mortal Kombat...?

In all seriousness, thanks for mentioning that. And as for Best Buys wording, since they allow for in-store pickup of the game as well I assumed they meant inside the actual game case. It wouldn't be the first time a "pre-order bonus" was included in the case, as well as being something that is unlocked during the game anyway. As I recall, both Ultimate Alliance games had their bonuses on cards included inside the case, and they were just codes for characters you'd unlock through normal progression anyway. EDIT: While the GameStop Juggernaut pre-order DLC for MUA2 was NOT something included in the game, Best Buy pre-orders would get an "exclusive code" in the case to unlock Hulk in-game, which is available through normal progression.

If anything though, I think it is pretty safe to say that the "classic ninja" costumes are something that will be included on the disc, and the codes just unlock them in the game.

Even if the outfits are pre-order from the specific store only, they could go the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood route and make the outfits available later on in a title update as well.

I'm just trying to convince myself that there won't be content I can't get if I don't pre-order/buy 6 different copies of the game.

Vulger Spartan
03-16-2011, 10:47 PM
Scorpion will Come with Any Edition Pre-Ordered at GameStop. The Code will be Given on the Receipt as per usual with GameStop-Specific pre-order bonuses and Online Customers Get an Email with the Code.

Also, As For the Kollector's & Tournament Editions a guy at the GameStop near me said UK Kollectors Edition Comes with Classic Style Ermac (as pictured below), So He Assumes it's the same for the US, but the Avatar costume for UK is Scorpion's Attire & Not Kung Lao's Attire as shown on US edition (also pictured Below).

I asked about the Difference and he said Maybe the Avatar stuff is Randomized for each package, since neither picture mentions the Character Depicted on the Avatars Clothes Card, since it would be pretty boring if everyone in the US on the 'KotH' would Be Kung Lao & Every UK player was Scorpion. OR it's a Voucher used on any MK Avatar Costume Available on The Avatar Marketplace after the Games Release.

And that sounds like good possibilities since GameStops site says: "Customize your Xbox LIVE avatar with Mortal Kombat costumes and challenge your friends in our new King of the Hill online mode." ~ because the same costume for everyone isn't really 'Customization'.

Both Countries Avatar Cards Say:

"Mortal Kombat inspired
player in our NEW online
King of the Hill Mode."

http://tech5.in/wp-content/uploads/Mortal-Kombat.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bonus/200988CELG.jpg

kyboy
03-17-2011, 12:41 AM
yea i pre ordered my kollectors edition from gamestop... so im gona be trying to trade my skorpion original costume to someone with subzero's.. bc subzero is my favorite...

Burning Karma
03-17-2011, 01:21 AM
yea i pre ordered my kollectors edition from gamestop... so im gona be trying to trade my skorpion original costume to someone with subzero's.. bc subzero is my favorite...
Then why not get it at Best Buy...?

WackFiend
03-17-2011, 01:25 AM

Quoted for emphasis.

IIISETIII
03-17-2011, 02:29 AM
I pre-ordered from Best Buy yesterday and the guy told me that they were only getting the standard edition of the game. I don't know if it was only this Best Buy or if the guy was just full of crap but I thought I would mention it.

Ceejus
03-21-2011, 03:09 AM
Kitana has officially been confirmed as a Toys R Us preorder bonus. I'm guessing Target will be the next to get a preorder bonus. Maybe Smoke. I'm doubting K-Mart is popular enough to get one, but I suppose it'll be cool if they did.

kyboy
03-21-2011, 03:12 AM

bc my best buy is only carrying the standard game.. no editions at all.. so that sucks, thats why ill be tryin to find some one to trade codes with..

Ceejus
03-21-2011, 03:21 AM
bc my best buy is only carrying the standard game.. no editions at all.. so that sucks, thats why ill be tryin to find some one to trade codes with..

I hate to rain on your parade, but I'm assuming most people are getting it from Gamestop in order to play the game as soon as it comes out. Gamestop will most likely have a midnight release. Anyone who's got it preordered anywhere else probably only has it preordered there for sake of getting the exclusive character they want. In that sense, people have to go out of their way to get anyone other than Scorpion, which is why I highly doubt you'll find anyone who's willing to trade you Sub-Zero in order to get the most common klassic costume of them all.

You're better off offering to trade Ermac for Sub-Zero if you are getting the Kollector's Edition. And that might be tough to find even then. I'd love to have Reptile's original costume, but like hell if I'm waiting 3 days for the game to ship, then another two to actually get the code for the costume emailed to me.

Burning Karma
03-22-2011, 02:00 AM
Order online and do store pickup?

WackFiend
03-22-2011, 03:46 AM
I hate to rain on your parade, but I'm assuming most people are getting it from Gamestop in order to play the game as soon as it comes out. Gamestop will most likely have a midnight release. Anyone who's got it preordered anywhere else probably only has it preordered there for sake of getting the exclusive character they want.

I hate to rain on your parade, but not all GameStops will have a midnight release. Most mall GameStops, for example, will not due to having to work with the mall management/security. Best Buys can have midnights too, and since they are always standalone stores it is more likely they will have one than a GameStop. I don't know the frequency of Best Buy's midnights, but I know GameStop, in mall areas, will typically do only Madden and Call of Duty, and if there is another huge (and I mean HUGE) release like WoW: Cataclysm or GTA IV that as well.

Also, Walmart is open 24 hours (in most cases) meaning they are guaranteed to have midnight launches for EVERY game, assuming they received shipment of it in advance, which most games will have.

Don't just assume people are going to shop at GameStop. It's not the mecca for video games. And the people who need to have the game as soon as it releases (aka people doing midnight buys) is minimal. The average age of a gamer is 34, so there are a lot of people out there with 9-to-5 jobs and can't/don't want to go out at midnight and pick up some game.

Honestly, avoid all the code trading bullshit. We don't know if it is going to be something we need to download or just unlock in the game, or if we are going to get all of them in the Kollector's Edition anyway. And the last thing you would want to do is buy a code from someone for a costume only to have the code end up costing you nothing in a few weeks/month (because it is available later for free as an in-game update or DLC or something, like for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood personas).

crow74
03-26-2011, 01:24 PM
amazon are giving away 3 code's sub/rep and kitana all with the standard edition aswell.

Amazon.co.uk Video Games: Pre-order Promotion Centre

Colby
03-28-2011, 11:13 AM
Hope i can eventually get all of them

kyboy
03-30-2011, 12:28 AM
I hate to rain on your parade, but I'm assuming most people are getting it from Gamestop in order to play the game as soon as it comes out. Gamestop will most likely have a midnight release. Anyone who's got it preordered anywhere else probably only has it preordered there for sake of getting the exclusive character they want. In that sense, people have to go out of their way to get anyone other than Scorpion, which is why I highly doubt you'll find anyone who's willing to trade you Sub-Zero in order to get the most common klassic costume of them all.

You're better off offering to trade Ermac for Sub-Zero if you are getting the Kollector's Edition. And that might be tough to find even then. I'd love to have Reptile's original costume, but like hell if I'm waiting 3 days for the game to ship, then another two to actually get the code for the costume emailed to me.

i didnt know gamestop was offering ermac along with scorpion.. i thought it was jus scorpion..