PDA

View Full Version : Achievements not yet uploaded to Xbox.com

ImmortalArbiter
03-08-2011, 05:51 AM
Just a warning that if you unlock of the achievements for this DLC, they won't add to your gamerscore. You'll have to recover your gamertag after they've been uploaded, and earn them again.

I think this happened with The Stone Prisoner for DA:O, and it's happened MANY times with DLC for other games.

The Cripplers
03-08-2011, 06:12 AM
Yeah, at this point I just assume all DLC achievements will be messed up at first.

Fishman
03-08-2011, 07:02 AM
That sucks. Did this happen to any of the other achievements or just the DLC? How long do you think it will take them to fix it?

Captain Urahara
03-08-2011, 08:13 AM
This happens a lot with games nowadays, even big name titles. The people at Microsoft are just completely incompetent as they continually mess this up. Fable 3's latest DLC achievements were uploaded correctly but Dead Space 2's DLC achievements weren't, and they came out on the same day :\

Hopefully they will be up soon.

ll Mr Bubbles ll
03-08-2011, 10:40 AM
im just waiting for the dlc as i didnt buy the signature edition , 560msp is pretty cheap tbh.

FSparacino4
03-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Yes, DLC released on day one has had problems with having achievements updated on xbox.com for quite some time now. Even DLC released after the game still seems slowto update.

Mjkjets
03-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Are achievements confirmed for this DLC? Even when xbox.com hasn't been updated, they should still appear on your 360. My 360 only shows 50 achievements.

InfiniteRefrain
03-08-2011, 01:41 PM
There are 'confirmed' Trophies for the Playstation 3 [http://www.cheatmasters.com/blog/201...rophies-guide/ (http://www.cheatmasters.com/blog/2011/03/06/dragon-age-ii-the-exile-prince-dlc-trophies-guide/)], if that is solid then we will see achievements for the 360. I wouldn't expect more than 100g for it though, if the DLC progression is anything like DA:O

AW Fubucious
03-08-2011, 03:46 PM
There are 'confirmed' Trophies for the Playstation 3 [http://www.cheatmasters.com/blog/201...rophies-guide/ (http://www.cheatmasters.com/blog/2011/03/06/dragon-age-ii-the-exile-prince-dlc-trophies-guide/)], if that is solid then we will see achievements for the 360. I wouldn't expect more than 100g for it though, if the DLC progression is anything like DA:O
well they are confirmed in the official guide but they still not on xbox.com that's sad we have to wait to play and get the other player

Rewmac
03-08-2011, 03:46 PM
I did not get any achievements and I played through the Exiled Prince though I did not get him into my party either. I sense a major bug here.

littlejay
03-08-2011, 04:07 PM
most people should know by now to check xbox.com first before playing any dlc.
if you were already victim, recover your gamertag over itself and play through the dlc again when it's fixed

Rewmac
03-08-2011, 04:32 PM
I say it then again. I played through no achievement popped. It's not like it's not updated, but rather the game itself doesn't realize there achievements for this.

ImmortalArbiter
03-08-2011, 05:17 PM
I say it then again. I played through no achievement popped. It's not like it's not updated, but rather the game itself doesn't realize there achievements for this.

Hmm, I don't know if that's better or worse. I guess I can just make a save before doing the quests, and if/when the achievements are released I'll play through it again.

Too many bugs and issues at this game's launch, already. Somehow, I think this should have stayed in the cooker for another 6 months or so.

Jaskier
03-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Perhaps this is the same case as with Star Wars The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition. Same as the Hoth mission - the Exiled Pince is free to download for some players (who got the Signature Edition) while everyone else needs to pay for it. according to current MS rules regarding achievements, a free DLC cannot have any. Maybe this goes for DLCs that are partially free of charge (some get it for free), too?
Than again: Stone Prisoner and Zaeed were free for everyone who got DAO and ME2 new...

littlejay
03-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Perhaps this is the same case as with Star Wars The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition. Same as the Hoth mission - the Exiled Pince is free to download for some players (who got the Signature Edition) while everyone else needs to pay for it. according to current MS rules regarding achievements, a free DLC cannot have any. Maybe this goes for DLCs that are partially free of charge (some get it for free), too?
Than again: Stone Prisoner and Zaeed were free for everyone who got DAO and ME2 new...

Hoth never had achievements though.
this sounds like the dlc does not have achievements on it and needs to be added in a patch.

ImmortalArbiter
03-08-2011, 06:06 PM
I talked to XboxSupport on Twitter about this, and they just said they are looking into it. I don't know if this will help anything, but I have more faith in them than BioWare responding on their forums.

mickjsg
03-08-2011, 06:15 PM
I'm not too bothered about this, unless the achievements are like the DLC from Origins, which gave you items to use in game when they popped.

Is the DLC good?

Mjkjets
03-08-2011, 06:25 PM
I talked to XboxSupport on Twitter about this, and they just said they are looking into it. I don't know if this will help anything, but I have more faith in them than BioWare responding on their forums.

Thanks, the achievements have been updated to 1130. Mjkjets approves +10

ImmortalArbiter
03-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Actually, it looks like BioWare and Microsoft are looking into this as we speak:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/301/index/6409938

Son of Kyuss
03-08-2011, 06:26 PM
They're now uploaded onto Xbox.com and on Xbox now.

5 additional achievements for a total of 130.

Spargo CXVII
03-08-2011, 06:31 PM
They are showing now. :Bounce:

AW Fubucious
03-08-2011, 06:52 PM
i see they r on xbox.com and when u compare but have anyone unlocked any because its still not showing up if u look at your achievements

Son of Kyuss
03-08-2011, 06:57 PM
because its still not showing up if u look at your achievements

It appears in my guide (I'm playing right now) with 55 achievements rather than 50. Do you have The Exiled Prince downloaded? The game should scan for DLC when you start it up and the achievements will be available once it sees the DLC on your harddrive.

AW Fubucious
03-08-2011, 06:59 PM
It appears in my guide (I'm playing right now) with 55 achievements rather than 50. Do you have The Exiled Prince downloaded? The game should scan for DLC when you start it up and the achievements will be available once it sees the DLC on your harddrive.
yes and i even went to dashboard when i seen it updated on xbox.com still show me 50 not 55. i just restarted my xbox and i still dont see the achievments unless i compare. dont want to start the quest if i dont see the achievments and i get mess up out of them

Jelekk
03-08-2011, 08:18 PM
yes and i even went to dashboard when i seen it updated on xbox.com still show me 50 not 55. i just restarted my xbox and i still dont see the achievments unless i compare. dont want to start the quest if i dont see the achievments and i get mess up out of them

I was having the same problem. Just recover your GT and they'll show.

JDMBO1
03-08-2011, 09:15 PM
So is this working or not? Please someone tell me because I don't want to go pick up my Signature Edition and have to wait for everything to be fixed. I'm happy to have waited purchasing Alan Wake and getting the DLC for that for free, but I want to know if I can enter the code from my Signature Edition right away with out having to recover my GT, because me and recovering have had bad luck

General Boredom
03-08-2011, 09:39 PM
They may be up on Xbox.com, but my Xbox is still only showing 50 achievements even after installing Exiled Prince and restarting the game. I suppose now we have to wait for an update to activate the DLC achievements.

the ferenczy
03-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Same here, I only have 50 for 1000 on my 360. Guess I'll wait to play, just in case.

garrett007
03-08-2011, 11:47 PM
On my xbox it says 55 achievements, but I have not unlocked any of the dlc achievements yet. On xbox.com the achievements are showing.

ImmortalArbiter
03-09-2011, 12:26 AM
Finished the new AC:B DLC, and went to play DA2 but noticed the achievements weren't showing up on my console. In the middle of recovering my GT now :(

jazon168
03-09-2011, 02:42 AM
same here... xbox.com got them updated.. buy my console is not showing the achivements... just the first 50 ones...

and microsoft and bioware should do something about it and not give me "recover my gamertag crap!" it takes around 3 hours to recover my tag!

scrummers
03-09-2011, 04:05 AM
I completed Duty for the vengeance achievement cause they were showing for the DLC. But when i turned it in no achievement. This happen to anyone else? Yes it shows all the achievements 55 for 1130 (which is a really weird number for achievements why not 1150?) anyways. Should i recover my Gamertag and redo the quest. I have a save before i turned it in.

Mister Lou
03-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Yeah scrummers, I should have got the Retribution and Avenged by now, but no go.

I'm recovering my gamertag now. *sigh* Hope it works...

todd_pip33
03-09-2011, 12:52 PM
Yeah scrummers, I should have got the Retribution and Avenged by now, but no go.

I'm recovering my gamertag now. *sigh* Hope it works...
Please let us know. I don't want to recover my tag...bad luck there.

Mister Lou
03-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Finished recovering, booted up the game, and no achievements.

Crap. I'm OCD about getting cheevos in order, too, so I guess I'll be waiting until playthrough 2 to get the dlc ones. :(

scrummers
03-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Finished recovering, booted up the game, and no achievements.

Crap. I'm OCD about getting cheevos in order, too, so I guess I'll be waiting until playthrough 2 to get the dlc ones. :(

didn't work for me either. And i also hate getting achievements out of order. Sigh. Hopefully they got it fix by the second play through

littlejay
03-09-2011, 02:50 PM
if they dont show on the dashboard it's a bioware thing and you will problaly have to download the dlc again after it's been fixed.

ImmortalArbiter
03-09-2011, 02:55 PM
didn't work for me either. And i also hate getting achievements out of order. Sigh. Hopefully they got it fix by the second play through

So you recovered your gamertag, and fulfilled the requirements again?

Has anyone been able to get any of the achievements to unlock?

k2natural
03-09-2011, 05:20 PM
So you recovered your gamertag, and fulfilled the requirements again?

Has anyone been able to get any of the achievements to unlock?

Nope, tried again this morning. Still no cheevos. For the record I have recovered my gamertag, started a new character and fulfilled the requirements.

littlejay
03-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Nope, tried again this morning. Still no cheevos. For the record I have recovered my gamertag, started a new character and fulfilled the requirements.

it's a problem with the dlc not xbox.com
you have to wait out the problem until it's fixed.

if you already did the dlc you need another playthrough.

bakeryfreshgame
03-09-2011, 11:11 PM
This happens a lot with games nowadays, even big name titles. The people at Microsoft are just completely incompetent as they continually mess this up. Fable 3's latest DLC achievements were uploaded correctly but Dead Space 2's DLC achievements weren't, and they came out on the same day :\

Hopefully they will be up soon.

Fable 3 DLC achievements have been glitching also so that's out. It seems that as the current generation of consoles can accept patches that all the game companies seem to feel that it is perfectly ok to release substandard or broken content. It has really been starting to grind my gears.

Xavier0080
03-10-2011, 01:33 AM
So have some people actually had these unlock? I've completed the first part of his quest and given him his family heirloom and not had the achievement unlock. At all. Not just not show up on the Gamerscore tally, but no notification. Have some people had these unlock?

InfiniteRefrain
03-10-2011, 01:48 AM
So have some people actually had these unlock? I've completed the first part of his quest and given him his family heirloom and not had the achievement unlock. At all. Not just not show up on the Gamerscore tally, but no notification. Have some people had these unlock?

I have a save state right there - every time I try it doesn't unlock

Captain Urahara
03-10-2011, 02:31 AM
Fable 3 DLC achievements have been glitching also so that's out. It seems that as the current generation of consoles can accept patches that all the game companies seem to feel that it is perfectly ok to release substandard or broken content. It has really been starting to grind my gears.
Complete opposite for me. Every Fable 3 Traitor's Keep DLC achievement unlocked perfectly for me.

As for DA2's Exiled Prince DLC, I did every single requirement and not a single one has popped yet.

bakeryfreshgame
03-10-2011, 03:54 AM
Fable 3's DLC was very hit or miss for the achievements, the only one I missed is the demon doors and I think it is because I opened the one in Mistpeak with someone who did not have the DLC. It was my understanding though that if you glitched the demon doors before getting all the other achievements that it glitches those as well. Its all over the Traitor's Keep forums.

Mjkjets
03-10-2011, 04:04 AM
I just recently checked my uploaded character stats on my EA/Bioware account. It shows that I unlocked the Retribution achievement. Hmm, interesting. Too bad that doesn't help our situation any.

firehawk12
03-10-2011, 05:06 AM
I'm curious - what do you need to do to get the Retribution achievement? I met up with Sebastian after killing the three guards and finished "Duty", but I'm not sure if that's it?

I just want to know if it's been glitched or not.

KirbyTheAlmighty
03-10-2011, 05:39 AM
I'm curious - what do you need to do to get the Retribution achievement? I met up with Sebastian after killing the three guards and finished "Duty", but I'm not sure if that's it?

I just want to know if it's been glitched or not.
None of the achievements for the DLC are unlocking.
Bioware said they're looking into this and many other problems.

DENAz666
03-10-2011, 06:24 AM
Can you just not do the DLC missions? Haven't tried the game yet (only came out today for us), but if I can, i'll just go through the DLC at a later stage during my playthrough

Edit: Has anyone actually managed to get any achievements? or is this one of those 'its fucked for everyone' type of glitches? :P

jazon168
03-10-2011, 07:36 AM
Can you just not do the DLC missions? Haven't tried the game yet (only came out today for us), but if I can, i'll just go through the DLC at a later stage during my playthrough

Edit: Has anyone actually managed to get any achievements? or is this one of those 'its fucked for everyone' type of glitches? :P

yep! you can just opt to not do it.. since the quests are shown in the map.. you can just not go to the NPC and do other quests first...

DENAz666
03-10-2011, 07:40 AM
yep! you can just opt to not do it.. since the quests are shown in the map.. you can just not go to the NPC and do other quests first...

Much like Origins then? Thats great to hear :) thanks for that!

Rewmac
03-10-2011, 09:58 AM
I completed Duty for the vengeance achievement cause they were showing for the DLC. But when i turned it in no achievement. This happen to anyone else? Yes it shows all the achievements 55 for 1130 (which is a really weird number for achievements why not 1150?) anyways. Should i recover my Gamertag and redo the quest. I have a save before i turned it in.
Same, but I don't really care anymore. I got use to this. It happens more often then it happened 5 years ago. When on my second playthrough I will reattempt.

rrushn
03-10-2011, 02:22 PM
For what it's worth, they're not unlocking here either. Not too fussed about it though, I'm sure it'll be fixed by the time I do a second or third playthrough. :)

k2natural
03-10-2011, 05:05 PM
For what it's worth, they're not unlocking here either. Not too fussed about it though, I'm sure it'll be fixed by the time I do a second or third playthrough. :)

Bummer I was really hoping this would be fixed by now :(

stevedb79
03-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Anyone have any updated news?? dont really want to have to do the DLC twice when we should get achivements straight away...the x360a home page says that the game has been updated and the comments say things along the lines of they dont post when they're not working (achivements)so I'm proberly reading something wrong here!!...confussed:confused::confused: and sad:(:( a little angry:mad::mad: but happy the game arived via post today:woop:

Sorry for any Spelling mistakes etc.....Im rubishhhh @ spelin!

HamKet
03-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Bioware is aware of the issue and is looking into it: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/301/index/6436016

I'm guessing they need to issue a title update to allow the achievements to be unlocked normally.

R0KETM4N
03-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Here is a screenshot from the bioware website from my lvl 7 character!

It clearly shows that I got the retribution achievement.... but on the microsoft website, and on my 360 ... even though it shows 55 possible achievements, it says I didn't get retribution

... fix please =)

k2natural
03-10-2011, 09:25 PM
... fix please =)

Preaching to the wrong choir...

viper_gts25
03-11-2011, 02:46 AM
I did all the quest from the dlc and I didnt in any sense unlock the achievements. It only shows 50 out 55 and I did all the quests. Any one else have this problem.

DENAz666
03-11-2011, 04:31 AM
This shit does piss me off though. If they are going to give us day 1 DLC at least get it fuckin right!

k2natural
03-11-2011, 06:47 AM
This shit does piss me off though. If they are going to give us day 1 DLC at least get it fuckin right!

Amen.

This new trend of day 1 DLC or even day 1 announcements of DLC is horrible. It screams "we are greedy and want more money therefore rather than offering this content that we already had finished in the game, we are releasing it in an attempt to milk your wallet."

Here I am joining in on the bitch fest :mad: I just want my cheevos :(

Mr.Teflondon187
03-11-2011, 08:51 AM
I recovered my GT and achievements show up as 55. Then I played the dlc mission and achievements did not unlock. Hope this gets fixed.

stevedb79
03-11-2011, 09:01 AM
Just so I can get this straight in my head....I have the game sitting in my xbox game draw, but dont want to play it if the achivements are bugged.

the achivement glitch only affects the DLC?
you don't have to do the DLC straight away? (although it can help)

is my thinking correct?

anyone have an idea how long till someone fixes the most annoying glitch known to man (the achivement not showing glitch)??

thanks in advance for the help in answering these questions.:)

H2O
03-11-2011, 09:32 AM
I'd say we have to wait for the first patch so it'll a few weeks at best.

Certification takes at least a week. :(

On the plus side they may be able to make it auto unlock for those that should have got it already. that's what happened in DA:O with me for the travler achievement. It unlocked on the the title screen after a patch. :)

rrushn
03-11-2011, 02:23 PM
This new trend of day 1 DLC or even day 1 announcements of DLC is horrible. It screams "we are greedy and want more money therefore rather than offering this content that we already had finished in the game, we are releasing it in an attempt to milk your wallet."

Yet another person that doesn't grasp the concept of going gold.

Even then, the DLC is free for anyone who bought the signature edition.

Granted, it shouldn't have to get fixed in the first place, but I, personally, like the concept of a limited edition/pre-order incentive that is actually worth something, rather than some worthless piece of armor you replace at lvl3.

If anything, people should be glad they can buy our free stuff, for all I care, it should stay exclusive forever. Not so exclusive when anyone can buy it for 560 measly points, is it.

scrummers
03-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Just so I can get this straight in my head....I have the game sitting in my xbox game draw, but dont want to play it if the achivements are bugged.

the achivement glitch only affects the DLC?
you don't have to do the DLC straight away? (although it can help)

is my thinking correct?

anyone have an idea how long till someone fixes the most annoying glitch known to man (the achivement not showing glitch)??

thanks in advance for the help in answering these questions.:)

It only affects the DLC ones. You don't need to do them. But if you don't your looking at 2 playthroughs. Cause you need to do the quests before the end of act 2 and the others before the end of the game. Best things to do is complete the quests. But don't turn it in just make a new save before you turn it in. And then when it gets fixed you can turn it in and get the achievements.

Ryuukishi
03-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Since all of the DLC achievements seem to be tied to quest completions, it would be very easy for the patched game to just check your journal and award the achievements retroactively if you've completed the quests. Hopefully that's what BioWare does!

gealt
03-11-2011, 05:37 PM
This kind of thing is really ridiculous, get it together Bioware (EA?). I bought the game on day 1, downloaded the DLC immediately (and all bonus content), no problems so far (the DLC cheevos did show up in my list right from the beginning so I figured I was good to go). Why they don't unlock on the xbox is a mystery, according to social.bioware, I've got 3 unlocked. Anyway, no new info, just wanted to join the club. I suppose it's too much to ask that whatever fix they implement will reward these retroactively.

Onyx_a87
03-11-2011, 06:52 PM
DA:O's day 1 achievements were also glitched

If it follows that pattern you will get a patch fixing them a few months down the line

However those unlocked right when you install the patch

Granted this issue seems a bit different since the achievements are on Xbox.com and apparently you still can't unlock them when last time the achievements were on the DLC but not Xbox.com

So when you unlocked them they didn't upload to Xbox.com

This seems a bit odd

At least with ME 2 the achievement for Zaeed wasn't glitched, but that was delayed by a couple days.

Aqua18
03-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Are these working yet? I want to know when I can play this!

stevedb79
03-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Are these working yet? I want to know when I can play this!

Same as me dont really wanna start with the game being glitched esspecially when the DLC is looking like it has to be done in either act I or II as stated in other threads...come on Bioware/EA or who ever the fuck is sorting it out!!

WhiteClaudia
03-11-2011, 10:09 PM
how can such a great developer mess the same thing up over and over again?

k2natural
03-11-2011, 10:58 PM
Yet another person that doesn't grasp the concept of going gold.

Even then, the DLC is free for anyone who bought the signature edition.

Granted, it shouldn't have to get fixed in the first place, but I, personally, like the concept of a limited edition/pre-order incentive that is actually worth something, rather than some worthless piece of armor you replace at lvl3.

If anything, people should be glad they can buy our free stuff, for all I care, it should stay exclusive forever. Not so exclusive when anyone can buy it for 560 measly points, is it.

I agree with the exclusivity portion of your argument. That would be great. However if it were exclusive they likely would not have achievements for it. If there weren't achievements for it, this thread would not exist and we would have nothing to complain about. After all this is an achievement based website. Those of us that did pay for it would like to get what we paid for, that's all.

Also I tried to get the signature edition without realizing the cut off was January 11th. Unfortunately I was about a week late.

I just feel it is greedy for a company to take completed content and leave it out of the final product for a profit. However thanks to your post I do see another angle. I do appreciate the fact that gamers such as myself that missed the cut off by a few days do have the opportunity to download what could have been exclusive content.

I guess it is easy to be on either side of that argument.

k2natural
03-11-2011, 11:06 PM
It only affects the DLC ones. You don't need to do them. But if you don't your looking at 2 playthroughs. Cause you need to do the quests before the end of act 2 and the others before the end of the game. Best things to do is complete the quests. But don't turn it in just make a new save before you turn it in. And then when it gets fixed you can turn it in and get the achievements.

Just to add to what Scrummers posted. If you are going for all the achievements you will need to do at least 2 1/4 playthroughs anyway. So even though this sort of thing shouldn't happen and it's a bummer for all of us. You can still just pick em up your second time through.

I'd say we have to wait for the first patch so it'll a few weeks at best.

Certification takes at least a week.

On the plus side they may be able to make it auto unlock for those that should have got it already. that's what happened in DA:O with me for the travler achievement. It unlocked on the the title screen after a patch

To get the full story all at once, since you will likely roll through your second playthrough quickly skipping dialogue, you could do what you need to do to unlock your achievements on the first playthrough and hope what H2O posted ends up being true as well.

GarlandoFoshezy
03-12-2011, 06:40 AM
I just feel it is greedy for a company to take completed content and leave it out of the final product for a profit.

You do realize that most games are finished a few months before the actual release date. Meaning they could have worked on the DLC in those couple months and release it day one, and it would never have been on the disc or an original part of the game.

Although that doesn't really feel like the case with this game, for how well Sebastian seems to fit into the main storyline. I just get tired of people complaining about Day 1 DLC when they don't stop and think about when they finished production of the game and when they started working on the DLC.

Aqua18
03-12-2011, 07:04 AM
All I know is I'm not touching that code until this is fixed.

stevedb79
03-12-2011, 11:20 AM
sod it started playing it, will have to get it in my 2nd playthrough, cant wait any longer, bloody DLC!!!!!:drunk

rrushn
03-12-2011, 08:41 PM
I agree with the exclusivity portion of your argument. That would be great. However if it were exclusive they likely would not have achievements for it. If there weren't achievements for it, this thread would not exist and we would have nothing to complain about. After all this is an achievement based website. Those of us that did pay for it would like to get what we paid for, that's all.

Also I tried to get the signature edition without realizing the cut off was January 11th. Unfortunately I was about a week late.

I just feel it is greedy for a company to take completed content and leave it out of the final product for a profit. However thanks to your post I do see another angle. I do appreciate the fact that gamers such as myself that missed the cut off by a few days do have the opportunity to download what could have been exclusive content.

I guess it is easy to be on either side of that argument.

It's all about perspective, everything always has been in life. :)

Which side you stand on, is up to you. :p

People like to complain about the 'greediness' of companies, but they most likely don't own a business themselves. Economics 101 would teach them that a business is not charity.

In this case you please fans with additional (be it exclusive or not) content while generating revenue by doing so... win-win.

It's easy to say that it should have been in the final product, but if I look at the both products, I feel both are worth their money, regardless if it should be included or not, and for me that's the most important point.

Alot of games are published with only half the work and money that has been put in DA, and not nearly as good, but people still pay the same price for it, although they never spent the amount of resources Bioware/EA has for the same pricetag-game...

What's the ripoff then? A low-budget (and most likely bad) 60 game, or a high-budget (most often good) game at the exact same price.

Knowing that game companies DO NOT make massive revenues on main games, save for some exceptions, people like to believe they do, but they don't.
I think it's only fair that, as a business, they searched for an alternate way of extending the life and revenue of the same project. Some are questionable in quality, others aren't.

Prices have been the same since Nintendo, while production cost has only been rising for the last decades.
I guess it's easier to point fingers than to actually think about the whole process of making and maintaining a game and the company itself.

This has gotten longer than I expected... not directed towards you ofcourse, just a general opinion about all the hate. :)

WhiteClaudia
03-13-2011, 12:31 AM

People like to complain about the 'greediness' of companies, but they most likely don't own a business themselves. Economics 101 would teach them that a business is not charity.

In this case you please fans with additional (be it exclusive or not) content while generating revenue by doing so... win-win.

It's easy to say that it should have been in the final product, but if I look at the both products, I feel both are worth their money, regardless if it should be included or not, and for me that's the most important point.

Alot of games are published with only half the work and money that has been put in DA, and not nearly as good, but people still pay the same price for it, although they never spent the amount of resources Bioware/EA has for the same pricetag-game...

What's the ripoff then? A low-budget (and most likely bad) 60 game, or a high-budget (most often good) game at the exact same price.

Knowing that game companies DO NOT make massive revenues on main games, save for some exceptions, people like to believe they do, but they don't.
I think it's only fair that, as a business, they searched for an alternate way of extending the life and revenue of the same project. Some are questionable in quality, others aren't.

Prices have been the same since Nintendo, while production cost has only been rising for the last decades.
I guess it's easier to point fingers than to actually think about the whole process of making and maintaining a game and the company itself.

This has gotten longer than I expected... not directed towards you ofcourse, just a general opinion about all the hate. :)

one of the greatest posts in recent history. you said exactly what most of us think sir and i congratulate you for it.

dezpinato
03-13-2011, 04:01 AM
The one thing you all forget is that back in the days of Nintendo (nes) you never had a blockbuster game that grossed over a billion dollars or even 500 million like gta and cod did. the most popular games didn't come close to making what today's games do.

production costs have gone up but so has sales numbers. the better the product the more they sell. simple economics and how much does it cost to produce a physical game disc and case a dollar once all the programing and art is done. a company may not make money if their product fails to sell well. that is why advertising, word of mouth, and putting out a quality product is so important. if a company fails at that its their own fault not the cost of the games fault.

Dont believe the hype if game companies weren't making massive profits they would get out of the business. look at the whole guitar hero/rock band thing. both parent companies dropped them like hot potatoes the second the profit margins slipped and moved onto supporting fps games that were more popular.

Im not saying that they dont deserve to make money. Im just sick of hearing people complain about how bad the industry has it and that games should cost more all while the industry releases more and more sub par games. Not to mention unfinished games that arent properly tested and full of bugs (DA) just so the bugs can be found by the public and patched later saving the cost of a larger testing dept.

Blue Thunder28
03-13-2011, 07:39 AM
Same thing happened with Stone Prisoner in Origins... Which quite a pain for me when your gamertag is 80MB and have to spend 5 hours recovering it instead of playing the brand new game.

adz5000
03-13-2011, 09:18 AM

:goodpost

This is possibly the greatest post I have ever read.

Well done Serah. ;)

rrushn
03-13-2011, 12:17 PM
The one thing you all forget is that back in the days of Nintendo (nes) you never had a blockbuster game that grossed over a billion dollars or even 500 million like gta and cod did. the most popular games didn't come close to making what today's games do.

production costs have gone up but so has sales numbers. the better the product the more they sell. simple economics and how much does it cost to produce a physical game disc and case a dollar once all the programing and art is done. a company may not make money if their product fails to sell well. that is why advertising, word of mouth, and putting out a quality product is so important. if a company fails at that its their own fault not the cost of the games fault.

Dont believe the hype if game companies weren't making massive profits they would get out of the business. look at the whole guitar hero/rock band thing. both parent companies dropped them like hot potatoes the second the profit margins slipped and moved onto supporting fps games that were more popular.

Im not saying that they dont deserve to make money. Im just sick of hearing people complain about how bad the industry has it and that games should cost more all while the industry releases more and more sub par games. Not to mention unfinished games that arent properly tested and full of bugs (DA) just so the bugs can be found by the public and patched later saving the cost of a larger testing dept.

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Video_game_costs

Wiki, but all sources are down below and it should give you an idea that these 'massive' profits you speak of are not as prevalent as you may think.

You said yourself that they dropped GH/RB like a brick, if they'd be able to level their production costs that quick, they never needed to, no?

What you say about quality and QA, etc... is true though. But these practices are not restricted to the gaming industry.
My baker around the corner makes awful bread, yet he charges the same as all others. :p

LURadioDJ
03-13-2011, 01:49 PM

Activision is greedy so they've scrapped basically all none Call of Duty projects and I mean like damn near everything and as for Harmonix, they went bankrupt so both parent companies didn't drop them when profit margins slipped. It's an example of one greedy company and one company who ran on unfortunate luck.

stevedb79
03-13-2011, 04:24 PM
HI ALL!!!
Although the Greedy Company debate thing is very nice and everyone is entitled to their opinion etc can we get back on topic???....I've been keeping an eye on this thread for any news on updates to the DLC getting fixed and keep finding people going on about greedy or not greedy companies making money!!:confused: (give a shit really, if you don't want them to make money don't buy the games and stop whining like little girls....:mad:simples) give me some news on the DLC ACHIVEMENTS working please!!!??? that is what this thread was started for after all

WhiteClaudia
03-13-2011, 05:16 PM
i think when they finally do fix the achievements they will unlock right after the update or you can recover your gamertag and they will unlock. and even if they don't this is a great game so it is very possible that most of us will play this again someday. so there's nothing to worry, just play the game along with the dlc.

LURadioDJ
03-13-2011, 05:47 PM
@stevedb79

Hey man, honestly the best place to check for information and updates on the status of the DLC fix is on the BioWare forums under the Dragon Age 2 X360 Technical Support section of the forum. It has a thread that was created by one of the guys from BioWare stating they know that the problem exists, they don't know how it happened, and they're addressing it right now. ;)

kiskit
03-13-2011, 06:47 PM
just joining the club...
so far ive finished 3 of the dlc cheevos without the cheevos popping. i hope that if they cant retroactively patch this for us that i can replay these right before end of these dlc quests as so far i still have saves right before these quests shouldve ended.

still this is ridiculous. if they dont fix it fairly soon itll b my luck i'll accidentally save over these saves & will have to further backtrack...

E10phoenix
03-13-2011, 08:54 PM
any confirmation that recovering gamertag unlocks the achievements? i dont want to complete any more missions incase i miss them

stevedb79
03-13-2011, 09:38 PM
@stevedb79

Hey man, honestly the best place to check for information and updates on the status of the DLC fix is on the BioWare forums under the Dragon Age 2 X360 Technical Support section of the forum. It has a thread that was created by one of the guys from BioWare stating they know that the problem exists, they don't know how it happened, and they're addressing it right now. ;)

Thanks will keep an eye on it, hopefully its sorted quickly:)

todd_pip33
03-14-2011, 12:38 AM
HI ALL!!!
Although the Greedy Company debate thing is very nice and everyone is entitled to their opinion etc can we get back on topic???....I've been keeping an eye on this thread for any news on updates to the DLC getting fixed and keep finding people going on about greedy or not greedy companies making money!!:confused: (give a shit really, if you don't want them to make money don't buy the games and stop whining like little girls....:mad:simples) give me some news on the DLC ACHIVEMENTS working please!!!??? that is what this thread was started for after all
Quite honestly, if it was updated, it would have been posted in the thread, within minutes of anything. Debate is healthy...let them keep at it.

Dark Knight1990
03-14-2011, 04:56 AM
I'm with him, this is a debate best suited for another setting. If they wish to continue they should take it elsewhere.

k2natural
03-14-2011, 05:57 PM
No need for further debate. Need cheevos. At this rate I doubt they will be up by my second play through. Been taking it slow on the first one hoping these would show up soon.

wolfzero01
03-15-2011, 12:25 AM
its bad enough that that every cave, dungeon, etc looks the same, but at least they could have made the achievements unlock properly. I was going to do a few playthroughs anyway, but it would have been nice to do the DLC right away.

tripleb2k
03-15-2011, 01:32 AM
it's not like they're difficult achievements (thankfully). I just want them fixed already.
p.s. luckly there's an easy exploit to get sebastian's rivalry. don't really want to play with him in my party since he's not too good.

TheToiletBrush
03-15-2011, 01:32 AM
I didn't bother reading all 4 pages of this because there seemed to be a bit of nonsense, but is the bottom line the 'cheevos are f*cked up?

bbogos01
03-15-2011, 01:33 AM
Achievements not working sucks. I did the "Duty" mission and like everyone else, no achievement. Do I really have to recover my Gamertag? Can't I just re-do the achievement?
Its kinda funny though, all this fuss about not being able to unlock achievements. I remember when we played the game for the pleasure and challenge of playing the game. No 50pts for winning the cup in NHL'94 or 100pts for beating Dark Falz in Phantasy Star. Ah well, for better or worse achievements/trophies are here to stay.

ll Mr Bubbles ll
03-15-2011, 02:07 AM
does anyone know how to progress with the dlc? i started a new game , did the first mission and ended it but then the quest ends ... how do i trigger it to carry on?

Dark Knight1990
03-15-2011, 03:40 AM
The three quests are divided among the three acts of the game. Progress to act 2 and you'll have access to the next quest in the DLC.

Pieville
03-15-2011, 08:57 AM
Achievements not working sucks. I did the "Duty" mission and like everyone else, no achievement. Do I really have to recover my Gamertag? Can't I just re-do the achievement?
Its kinda funny though, all this fuss about not being able to unlock achievements. I remember when we played the game for the pleasure and challenge of playing the game. No 50pts for winning the cup in NHL'94 or 100pts for beating Dark Falz in Phantasy Star. Ah well, for better or worse achievements/trophies are here to stay.

Exactly, I don't care if I don't get the achievements, I'll get them when I can.
Until then, I'm gonna enjoy this game like it was meant to be!

stevedb79
03-15-2011, 12:39 PM

erm.... this is a website and forum about xbox achivements.......:eek::eek::eek:

bbogos01
03-15-2011, 02:27 PM
That's why its kinda funny.......erm. But thanks for the cliche response. ;)

Can anyone tell me if you really have to recover your Gamertag? Can't you just re-do the achievement? A little lite on this topic would b most helpful.

HeartbreakRidge
03-15-2011, 02:31 PM
No need for further debate. Need cheevos. At this rate I doubt they will be up by my second play through. Been taking it slow on the first one hoping these would show up soon.

Well, last time something like this happened (with DAO) it took about a month to fix.

k2natural
03-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Well, last time something like this happened (with DAO) it took about a month to fix.

Hmmm...

Bummer. Looks like on my second playthrough I will be setting up saves before each achievement. Not exactly how I wanted to go about things but oh well.

Mjkjets
03-15-2011, 04:24 PM
Bioware is trying to distract me from my disappointment with the glitched DLC with images of ME2 DLC. They know my weakness. Those clever bastards!

todd_pip33
03-15-2011, 06:18 PM
That's why its kinda funny.......erm. But thanks for the cliche response. ;)

Can anyone tell me if you really have to recover your Gamertag? Can't you just re-do the achievement? A little lite on this topic would b most helpful.
If you've read any of the prior posts, particularly the first page, you would know that recovering your Gamertag does nothing to solve the situation.

bbogos01
03-15-2011, 07:16 PM
If you've read any of the prior posts, particularly the first page, you would know that recovering your Gamertag does nothing to solve the situation.
OMG........Do I have to be so literal?!

Yes Einstein, I can read so I can see that recovering the gamertag is useless at this moment. I am talking about when the achievements are fixed and wondering if the recovery is even necessary! Do you have to recover your gamertag when the achievements are fixed?!?!
Can I please have someone who knows please comment on this topic w/o some geek ripping me cause I didn't "cross an I or dot a T". C'mon guys enough of the nit-picking.

bbogos01
03-15-2011, 07:24 PM
Hmmm...

Bummer. Looks like on my second playthrough I will be setting up saves before each achievement. Not exactly how I wanted to go about things but oh well.
would that even work? I'm wondering about the gamertag recovery. Would you have to go thru that or can you just re-do the achievements (once their fixed- happy...... todd_pip33)

TriRock
03-15-2011, 07:29 PM
would that even work? I'm wondering about the gamertag recovery. Would you have to go thru that or can you just re-do the achievements (once their fixed- happy...... todd_pip33)

I remember reading on the Bioware forums how a moderator proposed exactly that solution - saving right before, and then reloading the save once the issue is fixed.

bbogos01
03-15-2011, 07:37 PM
I remember reading on the Bioware forums how a moderator proposed exactly that solution - saving right before, and then reloading the save once the issue is fixed.
I hope that works 'cause I really don't want to have to do a gamertag recovery.

k2natural
03-15-2011, 09:30 PM

Yes Einstein, I can read so I can see that recovering the gamertag is useless at this moment. I am talking about when the achievements are fixed and wondering if the recovery is even necessary! Do you have to recover your gamertag when the achievements are fixed?!?!
Can I please have someone who knows please comment on this topic w/o some geek ripping me cause I didn't "cross an I or dot a T". C'mon guys enough of the nit-picking.

No one here knows that answer for sure. We'll know when the achievements are fixed. The speculation is that one of three things will happen:

-Achievements will unlock once they are fixed if you have completed them simply by loading up the game. That is a possibility since they seem to be showing up on some people's Bioware accounts.

-You may have to recover your gamertag. I doubt this is the case because generally in those situations I have seen the achievement unlock but the total not add to gamerscore. If for some reason you do have to recover your gamertag it shouldn't take long. Our gamerscores are similar and mine only takes roughly 10-15 minutes. If yours takes longer, set it up right before you go to bed and by morning you will be golden.

-Lastly, you may have to do the achievements completely over. Thus, as previously recommended, save before completion of each achievement. There is no reason it shouldn't work once the achievements are fixed.

You can also check this FORUM (http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/301/index/6491542) for the latest bitch fest/ updates

-or-

HERE (http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/301/index/6436016) about 1/3 down the first page is the suggestion by Bioware staff to save before the completion of each achievement.

bbogos01
03-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Thx K2, I appreciate all the info. I think I get it. Hopefully the programmers can take care of it quickly w/ the least amount of pain for us. Again thanks for the reply =)

jenafer6
03-16-2011, 12:29 AM
Thx K2, I appreciate all the info. I think I get it. Hopefully the programmers can take care of it quickly w/ the least amount of pain for us. Again thanks for the reply =)
yeah thx for that... btw can some1 just do a thread that says the game was patched? thx in advance every1:)

DENAz666
03-16-2011, 02:23 AM
If I remember rightly (from DA:Origins) recovering your GT won't help, you'll actually need to earn them again.

May be different this time around though, we can only hope

todd_pip33
03-16-2011, 08:29 AM

I was only pointing out that a question was indeed asked that had already been answered. If I knew more on the situation, I would have offered better advice. But since I've kept a keen eye on this thread...as well as the Sacrifizzle thread when things went to crap...I know that it all takes time. Be hurt if you want, I only pointed out a part of the question that was already obvious.

todd_pip33
03-16-2011, 08:30 AM
Awe...now I'm evil for just offering the best advice I could...yes, I'm happy...I'd love to be updated just as much as you want to be...I can't go through a second playthrough the right way without the achieves...

ReverendSID
03-16-2011, 09:48 AM
Sadly, I hated this DLC character and his quests. I'm not even sure I want to go through them again. I deleted them off my drive before starting my second playthrough, and will most likely not keep the character I had them on but start all over again without him. If and when they ever fix the cheevos I might re-install it and do a FAST playthrough just to get them but the character's annoying as hell. Not to mention his dialog totally ruins the feel of the end game. Such hammyness!

bbogos01
03-17-2011, 02:50 AM
Awe...now I'm evil for just offering the best advice I could...yes, I'm happy...I'd love to be updated just as much as you want to be...I can't go through a second playthrough the right way without the achieves...
U R not evil Todd_pip33, but c'mon...... best advice u could? Lets call it what it is, U took a shot at me 'cause u think that I'm a noob that made a dumb-ass comment.(couldn't b further from the truth by the way) Its cool....... no hard feelings. I just get tired of geeks who think and act like they're so smart and cool when really they're acting like tools. Most of 'em don't have a clue how to have a real life that doesn't envolve and revolve around gaming. Hey I love games, so don't anyone think I'm hatin' on gaming.
Not at all saying that this describes you Todd_pip33, but I've made less than ten posts to this site and I've already got 2 know-it-alls making smart-ass comments about what I posted.
I know that most of you guys on this site are cool, and its just a couple of geeks out there who ruin it. Can't we all just get along!! ;) After all, all I wanted was just a little info.

Dark Knight1990
03-17-2011, 04:05 AM
bbogos01,

I understand exactly how you feel. The first comment I left on this site I had some jackass jump down my throat too. This site has a problem with that. Lots of people with nothing better to do.

Everyone else,

Has Bioware released any kind of statement regarding the issue with the DLC since their acknowledgement of the problem?

DENAz666
03-17-2011, 06:28 AM
bbogos01,

Has Bioware released any kind of statement regarding the issue with the DLC since their acknowledgement of the problem?

Nothing yet :(

The longer they take, the more pissed i'm getting too! You think they would have learnt from making this EXACT same error on DA:Origins lol

Sphyder
03-17-2011, 11:21 AM
So glad I got this with the signature edition or I would be even more angry.

What was the issue with DA:O?

lordskorrkeeper
03-17-2011, 11:38 AM
So glad I got this with the signature edition or I would be even more angry.

What was the issue with DA:O?

same problem the DLC on release did not unlock achievements for the stone prisoner and wardens keep took forever like a month to fix, hope the exile prince fixes quicker although its been over a week now.

Sphyder
03-17-2011, 01:39 PM
same problem the DLC on release did not unlock achievements for the stone prisoner and wardens keep took forever like a month to fix, hope the exile prince fixes quicker although its been over a week now.

Stone prisoner worked perfect for me but I did buy the game on release but wait until my university work was handed in at Xmas to play :P

Btw this dlc is pretty cool and it is quite liberating to not play for achievements.

todd_pip33
03-17-2011, 08:03 PM
I know that most of you guys on this site are cool, and its just a couple of geeks out there who ruin it. Can't we all just get along!! ;) After all, all I wanted was just a little info.
Ha ha, umm...I had the same sort of experience when I first got on this site. The Guitar Hero forum to be exact. I've had some...interesting people, on that side of the forums. People who...well, feign maturity. It wasn't a pot shot, it's just my best advice. Read the thread, because usually your question is answered in the first page. That's been my experience. Most of the other pages are mostly just people having conversations (as evidenced here) and others telling their personal stories. :drunk I'm no veteran to the site...far from that in fact, and often try to have a good conversation, which usually ends horribly, as in I come off mean. Not what I had in mind.

bbogos01
03-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Ha ha, umm...I had the same sort of experience when I first got on this site. The Guitar Hero forum to be exact. I've had some...interesting people, on that side of the forums. People who...well, feign maturity. It wasn't a pot shot, it's just my best advice. Read the thread, because usually your question is answered in the first page. That's been my experience. Most of the other pages are mostly just people having conversations (as evidenced here) and others telling their personal stories. :drunk I'm no veteran to the site...far from that in fact, and often try to have a good conversation, which usually ends horribly, as in I come off mean. Not what I had in mind.
No problem. Like I said its cool. Mis-understandings happen all the time when yer sending emails, text, or posts. I was probably being too sensitive and my original question could have been more clear. Ah well, at least we can both be big enough to admit what we coulda done better.

bbogos01
03-17-2011, 09:51 PM
I bought my copy of DA: O the day it came out(on Xbox). Down loaded Stone prisoner and wardens keep right away. I honestly have to say that I never once had a problem with any glitches on that DLC or any DLC for the matter that I downloaded for DA:O. After reading some of the posted comments I guess I freakin' lucky. Some you guys have had some serious issues.

wolfzero01
03-17-2011, 11:47 PM
this is really pathetic of Bioware as I can't believe they still haven't fixed it or given any updates on what's going on other that to say they are aware of the problem & to suggest that people make a save before completing each quest.

I was lucky in that I didn't have any problems with the Stone Prisoner or Warden's Keep in getting those achievements, in fact the only problem I had with DA:Origins was my achievement for Leliana's Song suddenly disappearing & I had to redo the DLC to get the achievements. I hope the new Mass Effect 2 DLC doesn't have the same problem

Graivul
03-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Well I have been avoiding the DLC tasks until the thing is fixed, but I got attacked by two sets of bandits from the DLC questline in different areas so that is me bugged out now too.

What the hell are Bioware playing at, when are these companies going to learn if it isn't 100% working then don't bloody release it! If you manufactured cars and released your latest model to the world, but you weren't quite sure the brakes worked, or whether or not the doors would fall off, you wouldn't sell them until you were sure! This is how the world works, so why are these people different?

rrushn
03-18-2011, 02:21 PM
To be fair... you can't compare achievements to a core element of a car.

This site may revolve around achievements, and we all like to think we are the main audience of these companies, but we aren't. Most gamers don't give a rat's ass about achievements, and I truly wish I could go back to that mindset. :(

bbogos01
03-19-2011, 01:37 AM
There is definetly something shady going on..... The DLC has been out now for 10+ days! I'm not sure but the problem may be on Microsoft as well. I know for me as well as many others that completed DLC achievements ARE showing up on the Bioware social site. Whoever is to blame, get it f**king fixed!

Kain Phoenix
03-19-2011, 01:59 AM
yea i wish they would fix it already

blacqout
03-19-2011, 10:39 AM
This thread is hilarious.

I can understand that people want their 100% completion, but to have such strong views is borderline pathetic.

Dragon Age II was rushed out to meet a deadline. This is obvious in the re-use of the same few maps over and over again and the shorter third act. Inon Zur (composer of the soundtrack) blamed EA, and it wouldn't surprise me if BioWare couldn't properly test the game due to this time constraint.

Point being: Dragon Age II suffered in much more significant areas. Whining over the achievements looks awfully silly.

olcsi2
03-19-2011, 12:15 PM
@blacqout: while mostly you are right about DA2 overall, to question the whining on buggy acheivements on a site that is all about achievements is sooooo <insert here something between funny and pathetic>.

@rrushn: so why dont you go back to that mindset? come on...

KeepEmRolling
03-19-2011, 12:21 PM

I can understand that people want their 100% completion, but to have such strong views is borderline pathetic.

Dragon Age II was rushed out to meet a deadline. This is obvious in the re-use of the same few maps over and over again and the shorter third act. Inon Zur (composer of the soundtrack) blamed EA, and it wouldn't surprise me if BioWare couldn't properly test the game due to this time constraint.

Point being: Dragon Age II suffered in much more significant areas. Whining over the achievements looks awfully silly.

What gets me, and i'm sure many others, is that day one dlc achievements for Origins were bugged. Now, day one dlc achievements for DA2 are bugged as well.

blacqout
03-19-2011, 01:45 PM
@blacqout: while mostly you are right about DA2 overall, to question the whining on buggy acheivements on a site that is all about achievements is sooooo <insert here something between funny and pathetic>.

@rrushn: so why dont you go back to that mindset? come on...

Is it a website solely about achievements? It pretends to be a gaming news site, so i'd expect for a lot of users to appreciate the larger picture.

That said, i'm pretty annoyed about the Exiled Prince achievements not unlocking myself. It's definitely something worth talking about - just some of the comments are downright scornful.

bbogos01
03-19-2011, 03:10 PM

So what's this larger picture that you're providing for us? I don't think you really know or understand what you're talking about. The points u made are already known and understood by most here (except for the info about the music composer-thx). It seems that your comment was all about calling some of the passionate people on this site pathetic.
Blaqout, what you need to understand here is that yes, this is a website devoted to achievements and yes, alot of people here in these forums are passionate about gaming and accumulating achievements (judging by yer gamerscore, yer not). But, that's not what this issue about. Its about getting what you pay for. Its about once again the consumer (us) getting the raw end of the deal. We all paid good money for an incomplete product (repetitive dungeons and glitched achievements are only 2 of many). That alone is frustrating, but what is angering people and driving them to post such passionate posts is that its not an isolated instance; It happens too often and there seems to be no rush on the developers part to remedy the situation. Many of the big titles are glitched (especially from Bioware) and in some cases it takes weeks to fix. So to say that its "downright scornful" or pathetic to have these passionate views shows that you really don't understand the situation. I'm not achievement freak over here or anything but I can understand why some people are really upset. Maybe in the future you should take some time to understand the topic and the people posting before commenting in such a demeaning manner. ;)

Onyx_a87
03-19-2011, 10:12 PM
Also this is an issue that effects our Xbox Live profiles so it is pretty damn important

bbogos01
03-20-2011, 12:27 AM

This site may revolve around achievements, and we all like to think we are the main audience of these companies, but we aren't. Most gamers don't give a rat's ass about achievements, and I truly wish I could go back to that mindset. :(
Dude...... yer sitin on 126thou+!!! You have almost as many "cheevo" points earned as I have for a max limit!! You wish u could go back to the way it was. Yeah, yer clearly not into unlocking achievements. :) Get outta here with that, man! :)

I Redbush I
03-20-2011, 08:59 AM
Do game developers have an easy button they can just hit and poof! glitches fixed? I mean, im certainly no Bioware employee or anything, but it doesnt seem like that is something that can just be brought to attention and immediately fixed on the spot. If they take a week or two to fix the achievements, so be it. If it takes longer, that's perfectly fine with me as well. Im in no hurry to rush through Exiled Prince, this game offers plenty of other quests for me to do while i wait.

PETER DRAGON
03-20-2011, 02:53 PM
I had a problem with the level 20 rogue in the first DA, then after the patch the achivement immediately popped up when the game was in the title screen. I'll wait for the patch, can't use the new guy yet either.

dollyROT
03-20-2011, 03:54 PM
still no achievements? geeze. i can't even get the dlc to work with or without achievements. it glitches after the duty quest and the other quest doesn't pop up in act 2 trust me . i've looked everywhere. I don't think everyone would be so annoyed if this wasn't day 1 launch dlc. Seeing as the achievements have been uploaded now it doesn't make any sense they still don't "pop" on our consoles.

rrushn
03-20-2011, 10:14 PM
Dude...... yer sitin on 126thou+!!! You have almost as many "cheevo" points earned as I have for a max limit!! You wish u could go back to the way it was. Yeah, yer clearly not into unlocking achievements. :) Get outta here with that, man! :)

You obviously didn't get the point of my post. I AM an achievement whore, it's the addiction keeping me from going back the way it was... I find myself considering achievement lists when I search the bargain bin, that's not good. :)

Greg0fTheDead
03-22-2011, 05:10 AM
ok I just beat the game and thought it was weird no DLC achievements unlocked. had me thinking there was more to the game. BASTARDS!!

Graivul
03-22-2011, 09:17 AM

Indeed, that was a greater time, but like everything else times do change and whether we like it or not achievements are here and have changed the face of gaming.

As for the car reference, it was a metaphor for releasing an unfinished product. If a game comes with achievements then that is part of the game. Achievements that don't work on a game mean the game has been improperly tested and is therefore incomplete.

To go back to the metaphor, even though achievements are maybe a minor part of a game; if you bought a brand new car and you found the cigarette lighter didn't work, even though that is small and insignificant to the car, you would still take it back and complain, why? Because you bought something new and expect it ALL to work.

KirbyTheAlmighty
03-22-2011, 10:37 AM
I must say, I agree with Blacqout.

And come on, guys. A lot of you are saying IT'S BEEN 10+ DAYS!!! FIX IT NOW!

Has no one learned that it takes time to fix bugs + insert fixes into the patch + make sure they all work + get it approved and uploaded by Microsoft.

Patience. It's a virtue.

bakeryfreshgame
03-22-2011, 05:21 PM
I think they're fixed. I downloaded the DLC for the first time this morning and unlocked all of the achievements.

If you had downloaded the DLC previously, I suggest you delete it and clear your cache before downloading it again. Another thing, and I'm not sure it matters, but I downloaded it from the xbox live marketplace and not the in-game menu.

I can confirm that deleting the DLC and the cache and redownloading from marketplace enabled me to get Retribution so far as well. I have to play through the rest of the game still to find out if I get the rest on this play through but I assume it makes them all work.

EDIT: it is not necessary to delete the cache as there has been no title update, I just do this automatically. Sorry for the extra step everyone.

AndyZedd
03-22-2011, 05:49 PM
I can confirm that deleting the DLC and the cache and redownloading from marketplace enabled me to get Retribution so far as well. I have to play through the rest of the game still to find out if I get the rest on this play through but I assume it makes them all work.

Not necessary to delete cache. Just delete the DLC and download it again from marketplace,then reload if you have a save before every turning in of the quest.worked for me.

Stevey Boy2006
03-22-2011, 09:30 PM
I was wondering if they were working because the image is there in my game library now (before it was the xbox logo)

ramarcos
03-22-2011, 09:46 PM
So we can't recover our gamertag and expect the achievements to pop? Do we have to go through the game again? I already did 2 playthroughs. I don't wanna start another one since I am busy with Crysis 2.

ImmortalArbiter
03-23-2011, 12:42 AM
Yep, achievements are fixed:

http://www.trueachievements.com/n3345/dragon-age-ii-dlc-achievements-fixed.htm

Thank goodness, but they should have been working from the start.

mark197205
03-23-2011, 12:52 AM
So we can't recover our gamertag and expect the achievements to pop? Do we have to go through the game again? I already did 2 playthroughs. I don't wanna start another one since I am busy with Crysis 2.

Nope, you have to earn them anew.

stevedb79
03-24-2011, 01:34 PM
So what's this larger picture that you're providing for us? I don't think you really know or understand what you're talking about. The points u made are already known and understood by most here (except for the info about the music composer-thx). It seems that your comment was all about calling some of the passionate people on this site pathetic.
Blaqout, what you need to understand here is that yes, this is a website devoted to achievements and yes, alot of people here in these forums are passionate about gaming and accumulating achievements (judging by yer gamerscore, yer not). But, that's not what this issue about. Its about getting what you pay for. Its about once again the consumer (us) getting the raw end of the deal. We all paid good money for an incomplete product (repetitive dungeons and glitched achievements are only 2 of many). That alone is frustrating, but what is angering people and driving them to post such passionate posts is that its not an isolated instance; It happens too often and there seems to be no rush on the developers part to remedy the situation. Many of the big titles are glitched (especially from Bioware) and in some cases it takes weeks to fix. So to say that its "downright scornful" or pathetic to have these passionate views shows that you really don't understand the situation. I'm not achievement freak over here or anything but I can understand why some people are really upset. Maybe in the future you should take some time to understand the topic and the people posting before commenting in such a demeaning manner. ;)

Nail and on the head comes to mind-well done that man:woop:

blacqout
03-24-2011, 01:52 PM

Hmmm. Prior to the release of Dragon Age II, only one (of three) BioWare releases in the "achievement era" had issues. That's not "many" by any stretch of the imagination.

Also, the problem with the Exiled Prince was fixed within two weeks of the release. So again, suggesting that there is "no rush" and that the developers "don't care" is somewhat dishonest.

You appear to be the person that doesn't quite understand the situation. The achievements have been fixed, but we're still left with a tarnished game. The overzealous negativity should have been applied to other areas of the game. That it wasn't speaks volumes of some.