PDA

View Full Version : Anders?

N7 Johnny Clash
03-08-2011, 09:17 AM
I just saw the new Trailer over at GameTrailers and at the end you see a glimpse of a Wizard casting a Fire rain Spell, in the brief seconds you see him he looks an awfull lot like Anders from Awakening.

Can anyone confirm?

Meancode
03-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Yes I can confirm Anders.

BloodGodAlucard
03-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Yes Anders is a companion in the game. That's been known for quite a while. :)

N7 Johnny Clash
03-08-2011, 09:54 AM

Cool.
I tried not to read anything at all about the Game, wouldnt spoil me the experience.

Until now, cant frigging wait

BloodGodAlucard
03-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Yeah he was by far my favorite character from Awakening. I'm really happy to see him return. I haven't gotten my copy of the game yet though. I have to wait for Best Buy to open at 10 to get my Signature Edition. :)

One thing that I've heard about Anders in this game that concerns me though is that he doesn't have the same voice actor anymore. That and he's supposedly a bi romance option now. That's disturbing to me. My old friend from Awakening is going to be hitting on me now. Awkward. I hope this isn't actually the case, and maybe I just heard wrong.

Also, I didn't get a gay vibe from Anders AT ALL in Awakening. In fact, he talks about bedding women several times. He never even hinted at going both ways. I'm not hating on gay people. It will just be awkward for me in the game since I'll be playing as a male character. It kind of reminds me of Zevran in Origins. Hopefully it will be handled the same way. You shut them down quickly and they never bring it up again. I hope. I'm all for a bromance with my buddy Anders, just nothing like that. :p

I also truly hope if he is bi that Bioware didn't give him a flamboyant personality. That is a huge pet peeve of mine. It just comes off as overly irritating and annoying. And unfortunately if that is the case, then I just simply won't be using him. That would be a shame since he is one of the more interesting characters in my opinion.

Sorry for the long post. :eek: I rambled on there a bit.

Meancode
03-08-2011, 12:21 PM

Yea I was trying not to spoil it for him. But I guess that is not possible on this forum.

Meancode
03-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Yeah he was by far my favorite character from Awakening. I'm really happy to see him return. I haven't gotten my copy of the game yet though. I have to wait for Best Buy to open at 10 to get my Signature Edition. :)

One thing that I've heard about Anders in this game that concerns me though is that he doesn't have the same voice actor anymore. That and he's supposedly a bi romance option now. That's disturbing to me. My old friend from Awakening is going to be hitting on me now. Awkward. I hope this isn't actually the case, and maybe I just heard wrong.

Also, I didn't get a gay vibe from Anders AT ALL in Awakening. In fact, he talks about bedding women several times. He never even hinted at going both ways. I'm not hating on gay people. It will just be awkward for me in the game since I'll be playing as a male character. It kind of reminds me of Zevran in Origins. Hopefully it will be handled the same way. You shut them down quickly and they never bring it up again. I hope. I'm all for a bromance with my buddy Anders, just nothing like that. :p

I also truly hope if he is bi that Bioware didn't give him a flamboyant personality. That is a huge pet peeve of mine. It just comes off as overly irritating and annoying. And unfortunately if that is the case, then I just simply won't be using him. That would be a shame since he is one of the more interesting characters in my opinion.

Sorry for the long post. :eek: I rambled on there a bit.

I am pretty sure he does not hit on you unless you initiate it.

FSparacino4
03-08-2011, 12:32 PM
You mean flamboyantly gay like Zevran ?? :)

BloodGodAlucard
03-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Well I never really thought of Zevran as flamboyant because he was Antivan. (Dragon Age version of France.) And that is just kind of their normal personality. That's the way I saw it anyway. But yeah, I never really had a problem with Zevran after that initial awkward conversation.

I hope you're right about Anders hitting on you. I most definately won't be initiating it. So hopefully he'll just naturally stay in "friend" mode. :)

Meancode
03-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Well I never really thought of Zevran as flamboyant because he was Antivan. (Dragon Age version of France.) And that is just kind of their normal personality. That's the way I saw it anyway. But yeah, I never really had a problem with Zevran after that initial awkward conversation.

I hope you're right about Anders hitting on you. I most definately won't be initiating it. So hopefully he'll just naturally stay in "friend" mode. :)

Heh well I took the dialog choice because it was so damn funny. But he hasn't brought it up since. And he is not flamboyant.

BloodGodAlucard
03-08-2011, 07:17 PM
That's great to hear.