PDA

View Full Version : How to avoid the Collectibles/Demon Door glitches

Its Fooga
03-08-2011, 10:59 AM
I do however, have an interesting hunch to avoid this glitch based on what I've seen so far.

Alright, first off...these collectibles are different in co-op compared to the other collectibles in the original retail. Why? Because only the host can collect them. I'll get to that in a second.

To most likely avoid this, you have to get either a set of diaries (I.E. Faraday's, Mary's, etc.) or perhaps ALL of them in a single sitting. I say this because I have the "Diary of a sad man" achievement, which is Faraday. I got his books out of order, so I don't think that matters, BUT...I got them in one sitting.

I got one Mary book while going through her island, and one Turner book at the end. When I went back for Faradays books I got the achievement (At this point I had gotten Faradays diaries, one from Turner, and one from Mary's set in one sitting).

Afterwards I decided to join another players game, and when I came back, I got the rest of Mary's books and Turners books and BAM, no achievements for either. I'm quite sure that, until a patch, you HAVE to get ALL of them WITHOUT turning your console off or joining another players game, or you will risk the achievements glitching.

Now going back to my first paragraph (which will most likely prove my theory), I played in a local co-op game with my brother, on his file, and he got all of Mary's diaries in one go (I went with him thinking I would get the achievement as well), but he only got it.

So there. All diaries. One sitting. On your file. No glitch.

Seeing people having this problem of glitching achievements (Including myself), I decided to try out this hunch I posted about a week ago.

It turns out that I was right! :woop: I made a new character and went through the diaries and I got the final two achievements.

So for all of you attempting to get the 250 in this, read on.

As soon as you beat the game (or you've already done that and download the DLC) and you start the Traitors Keep questline, it is advised that you DO NOT turn your xbox off or join someone else's game.

As I figured, if you leave your game in any sort of way, there's a chance it will reset the achievement counters back to 0, thus screwing you over in the process, and forcing you to make a new character to obtain them.

For Diaries: Do them all in one go. It doesn't matter what order you do them in, as long you never leave, I'm certain you'll get the achievements.

For Demon Doors: This one is a little trickier. As long as you don't download the DLC, the 'Set Them Free!' counter never appears. I had opened all of the retail doors before I downloaded the DLC (I also recommend doing this before you even download the DLC). When I downloaded Traitors Keep and started the game, the counter went up to 6/7, and without leaving my session, I opened the Demon Door and got the achievement. Unfortunately like I stated in my previous post, I left and screwed my diaries.

So there you have it guys. I hope this helps anyone who is currently playing Traitors Keep or plans on purchasing it. ;)

Cuddly Aardvark
03-08-2011, 02:19 PM
For Diaries: Do them all in one go. It doesn't matter what order you do them in, as long you never leave, I'm certain you'll get the achievements.

I'm not sure if this is right. I didn't get them in order. I got a few of them by myself (I forget which ones). I joined my friends game played the entire campaign with him. Quit. Starting playing the next day. Long story short I got them all in 3 different "Swoops". Yet I got all the collectable achievements. However the Demon Door achievement is. My last one as well for the 1250. =/

Ragnarok1986
03-08-2011, 03:03 PM
I also left the dlc a few times and went back for the books.

Samao14
03-08-2011, 04:11 PM
I got the Turner ones over several sittings, so I don't think the books is right. I'll test the demon door theory later when I go to open a few more.

Its Fooga
03-09-2011, 06:48 AM
I got the Turner ones over several sittings, so I don't think the books is right. I'll test the demon door theory later when I go to open a few more.

How is it not right?

Guys, I never said it glitched for everybody. A friend of mine told me he got his in multiple sittings as well, but from what I've read, the majority is what I've stated. If you leave your game, it will glitch.

I can personally say that this does in fact happen. If you were lucky enough to not have problems, that's awesome, but I don't think my post is wrong at all.

o D M C o
03-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Its good that you're trying to help people out by sharing your experience, but to be honest its fairly pointless given that what you recommend doesnt actually guarantee that the glitch wont happen. Ive read a post from someone who played through in one sitting, didnt play co op and still got glitched counters. By the far the best course of action is to wait for a patch, that is unless you're prepared to risk having to play through the entire campaign again if it glitches. Dont mean to be a dick or anything, and thanks for the info but I dont agree with what you're saying

bakeryfreshgame
03-10-2011, 05:58 AM
It is my understanding that the demon door on the island is glitched and if you haven't done all of the other achievements that it glitches them as well. 'Set Them Free' is the only one that didn't unlock for me and it is also the one that set my counter back to zero... when it was at 6. Bollocks I don't wanna have to play through this broken ass game again for 40gs but I know I will cause I still like it even though I am beginning to despise Lionhead for doing this too us all the time.

Its Fooga
03-10-2011, 08:53 AM
Its good that you're trying to help people out by sharing your experience, but to be honest its fairly pointless given that what you recommend doesnt actually guarantee that the glitch wont happen. Ive read a post from someone who played through in one sitting, didnt play co op and still got glitched counters. By the far the best course of action is to wait for a patch, that is unless you're prepared to risk having to play through the entire campaign again if it glitches. Dont mean to be a dick or anything, and thanks for the info but I dont agree with what you're saying

That's fine. There will always be a minority who don't agree based on their experiences, and being that you haven't played the DLC I wouldn't expect you to understand. :)

What I would like though is maybe you could use more detail of what happened with your friend. What exactly glitched? And maybe he kept track of the stuff he did? The sooner we round all this stuff in maybe we can pinpoint exactly what causes it.

Until then, I'm convinced this is the problem.

It is my understanding that the demon door on the island is glitched and if you haven't done all of the other achievements that it glitches them as well. 'Set Them Free' is the only one that didn't unlock for me and it is also the one that set my counter back to zero... when it was at 6. Bollocks I don't wanna have to play through this broken ass game again for 40gs but I know I will cause I still like it even though I am beginning to despise Lionhead for doing this too us all the time.

Did you log out? Like I said, I had unlocked the other doors when before I downloaded the DLC, and went right on to do the final demon door, which given that the glitch is within the DLC, technically counts as one sitting. I do agree with this game being too glitchy though. I don't think I'll be getting anymore DLC for this, or perhaps another Fable game.

o D M C o
03-10-2011, 01:39 PM
I havent played the dlc yet because it is glitched although I have downloaded it. I cant even begin to understand why you think my not having played the dlc makes me unable to comprehend the issue at hand, not sure why youre being so defensive about your 'theory' either. Furthermore, why do you refer to me as 'a minority who dont agree', I havent seen anyone agreeing with you in this thread, just people telling you you're wrong, so strictly speaking that puts me in the majority.
Putting together information from the people I have spoken to and from reading the threads/posts here and elsewhere on the net it is clear that there is no definitive explanation as to what causes the glitch. As I said in my first post people have played the way you recommend and still got the glitch... therefore your theory is wrong. I wish you were right so I can make a start on the dlc I paid for, but until someone comes up with an airtight theory or the game is patched I wont be playing it.

Jesuit007
03-10-2011, 05:10 PM
I tried this last night and it glitched.

I did the entire DLC start to finish in one sitting, didn't turn the system off, didn't co-op.

All of the achievements unlocked except the demon door one.

For what it's worth, I did have another player in my game earlier in the day swapping weapons for "We need guns, lots of guns" (which I did unlock.... so yay!).

I think I should have deleted the DLC after getting the weapon achievement, then re-installed before I accepted the Traitor's Keep quest from Hobson. My theory is that would have prevented the glitch, but can't tell now.

Again though, for the record, I did the FULL DLC from start to finish in one sitting and unlocked everything... except the Demon Door one (1/7 counter right after I opened it).

Samao14
03-10-2011, 07:58 PM
How is it not right?

Guys, I never said it glitched for everybody. A friend of mine told me he got his in multiple sittings as well, but from what I've read, the majority is what I've stated. If you leave your game, it will glitch.

I can personally say that this does in fact happen. If you were lucky enough to not have problems, that's awesome, but I don't think my post is wrong at all.

Yeah, sorry, I just meant it didn't work like that for me, made it a bit unclear, getting myself across was never a strong point... :p

But after I went back Mary's diaries did glitch on me, as did the demon doors, which is a shame. I think it's just totally random, it can happen to anyone, but if I was going to suggest a method what you listed above would be what I'd suggest, not totally fool-proof but it will give you the best chance of getting them all. I already had a game save ending glitch on my first save, so to encounter another glitch for something like that just plain ticks me off.

I wondered if anyone knew, because my DLC counters reset, does that mean books etc reset too? Cause, I'd started all of those, and I'd hate to start those again too. :mad:

Its Fooga
03-11-2011, 01:21 AM
I havent played the dlc yet because it is glitched although I have downloaded it. I cant even begin to understand why you think my not having played the dlc makes me unable to comprehend the issue at hand, not sure why youre being so defensive about your 'theory' either. Furthermore, why do you refer to me as 'a minority who dont agree', I havent seen anyone agreeing with you in this thread, just people telling you you're wrong, so strictly speaking that puts me in the majority.
Putting together information from the people I have spoken to and from reading the threads/posts here and elsewhere on the net it is clear that there is no definitive explanation as to what causes the glitch. As I said in my first post people have played the way you recommend and still got the glitch... therefore your theory is wrong. I wish you were right so I can make a start on the dlc I paid for, but until someone comes up with an airtight theory or the game is patched I wont be playing it.

Lol alright bud, are you done? Before even considering making this thread I looked through alot of people making threads about these glitching and most (which would be the majority) stated that when they came back the counter had reset.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but I personally did this and it worked. I'm not going to argue with you about it, so I think you're done here.

Yeah, sorry, I just meant it didn't work like that for me, made it a bit unclear, getting myself across was never a strong point... :p

But after I went back Mary's diaries did glitch on me, as did the demon doors, which is a shame. I think it's just totally random, it can happen to anyone, but if I was going to suggest a method what you listed above would be what I'd suggest, not totally fool-proof but it will give you the best chance of getting them all. I already had a game save ending glitch on my first save, so to encounter another glitch for something like that just plain ticks me off.

I wondered if anyone knew, because my DLC counters reset, does that mean books etc reset too? Cause, I'd started all of those, and I'd hate to start those again too. :mad:

It's all good, dude. Don't worry about it. Unfortunately when my diaries glitched I double checked the locations, reset my xbox, and checked again, and they didn't respawn. I just made a new file and rushed through it. When you don't go for any achievements the campaign is quite fast, even though it's quite annoying.

Nozza XBA
03-11-2011, 10:10 PM
An update better come soon or else! I didn't know about this and I left my game earlier and joined a mates and now my Turner books are at 3/5 when on the stands its shows I have all 5!

So frustrating and crap testing from Lionhead!

Shadowboxer99
03-12-2011, 07:42 AM
Yep, mine glitched out because I left the game. I grabbed a few books here and there as I was progressing through the storyline, with the intent of going back later to get the rest. Well when I did the next day, all counters reset. :mad:

I finally found sometime to play with my other character, which luckily I had already reached queen with. Just ran through all in one sitting and got the achievements to pop with her. :woop:

Still need that darn 50 weapons one now...grrrr can't believe it's only 20 points.

xI WARFARE
03-21-2011, 05:27 AM
Still no patch :mad:

All 5 Turner diaries and no achievement. Not happy.

bakeryfreshgame
03-21-2011, 10:28 PM
Did you log out? Like I said, I had unlocked the other doors when before I downloaded the DLC, and went right on to do the final demon door, which given that the glitch is within the DLC, technically counts as one sitting. I do agree with this game being too glitchy though. I don't think I'll be getting anymore DLC for this, or perhaps another Fable game.

I'm unclear on what you mean did I log out? Of Live or of my profile? I also don't see how that would have any bearing. I had done my set them free achievement well before reading your post though so its not as though I have tried your method.

ghost10221987
03-25-2011, 12:06 AM
I don't want to sound like an ass and possibly I'm simply the luckiest achievement whore ever, but I've never once had an achievement glitch on me when I've done everything I'm supposed to do (except in the circumstances where the achievement is literally glitched for everybody). Now, I haven't gotten the Demon Doors achievement yet, so I probably killed my karma...

bakeryfreshgame
03-26-2011, 04:51 PM
Yeah sorry ghost, same for me, usually I don't encounter the same achievement glitches that others do but I totally got the demon doors one, which blows cause there is no for sure work around right now.

Its Fooga
03-28-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm unclear on what you mean did I log out? Of Live or of my profile? I also don't see how that would have any bearing. I had done my set them free achievement well before reading your post though so its not as though I have tried your method.

I meant if you turned the xbox off. That's what screws it up.