PDA

View Full Version : tarohne's tomes??? *possible spoilers*

jasonjuk
03-08-2011, 06:52 PM
how do you find tarohnes tomes of dark magic?

ll Mr Bubbles ll
03-08-2011, 07:30 PM
are you talking about the knowledge quest? destroy all evil tomes in and around kirkwall..... if so just check everywhere and destory them when you find them...

jasonjuk
03-08-2011, 07:39 PM
yeah thats the one but i cant seem to find any and dont know what they look like :s

ll Mr Bubbles ll
03-08-2011, 07:44 PM
the ones i found: (i missed some)
in the chantry on the left hand side rooms(on a table)
Sundermount: newly opend passage near the elvish vendor
One of the caves on the wounded coast.
Viscounts keep.

When you enter the area or are close to it a marker will be placed on your map showing its location, its just a small book and when you Press a it will give the option to take or destroy it. Afterwards a few shades and abominations will appear kill them then move on.

jasonjuk
03-08-2011, 07:53 PM
ok thanks thats a big help but do you know how many there is?

ll Mr Bubbles ll
03-08-2011, 07:55 PM
nope and i checked everywhere for about 4 hours then gave up, i think its to do with the acheivo for killing the xenbeckx thing.. but im unsure.

jasonjuk
03-08-2011, 08:10 PM
so i take it you have not finished this quest yet?

ll Mr Bubbles ll
03-08-2011, 08:21 PM
nah i couldnt be bothered.

jasonjuk
03-08-2011, 09:28 PM
well im officially useless at finding these! i got all the ones mentioned but ive had zero luck since :(

jasonjuk
03-08-2011, 11:33 PM
last one is in a cave at the far side of the bone pit :)

ginuwine_import
03-10-2011, 08:42 AM
i destroyed all 5 but no other quest has popped up.

FSparacino4
03-10-2011, 08:48 AM
It is all in my achievement guide. If you have destroyed all 5 then the side quest "Forbidden Knowledge" sens you to darktown to the evil pit for the last part. If you didn't select the destroy option for all 5 books you wont be able to do this part and the achievement is missed. I recommend doing it right at the start of Act II as the Dank Cave closes up at some point.

Trick Mc
03-28-2011, 07:59 AM
Not so much a spoiler but a little walkthrough... theres a map with a pointer for the location not on the in game map at the link along with the copied walkthrough

trickmc360-da2-forbidden_knowledge[/FONT]]

After entering an area with a tome, the map will show an arrow towards it. Be prepared to fight several packs of demons in each cave. This quest should be completed in the second act.

In Abandoned Thaig, the entrance (known as "Recently Opened Passage") is at the west end of Sundermount, in a corner left of the north-western exit, accessible only in Act II. The tome is found in the main room of the thaig next to the Nexus Golem (for the battle in this room, see "strategy" section in Abandoned Thaig page).
A cave at the east end of The Bone Pit (outside the mine). Inside the location is called "Cave"
A cave in the northern middle parts of The Wounded Coast. It should be named "The Dank Cave" and is not marked on your map. Note that this cave is inaccessible later in the game.
In The Chantry, on a table from the southern stairs, second floor.
In the Viscount's Keep, eastern part on a table near the throne.

from dragonage.wikia.com (http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Forbidden_Knowledge)

Lt Cafuffle
03-28-2011, 01:11 PM
i destroyed all 5 of the books and got no after quest, the 1st book i found in the chantry i read and then destroyed does that affect the quest?

arjankr4ns
03-28-2011, 02:15 PM
easy as hell

Lt Cafuffle
03-28-2011, 02:17 PM
very helpful thank you

Headshot Zeetie
03-28-2011, 05:21 PM
very helpful thank you

if you so much as read one book, youre screwed sorry

Opiate42
03-29-2011, 08:06 PM
i destroyed all 5 of the books and got no after quest, the 1st book i found in the chantry i read and then destroyed does that affect the quest?

You have to destroy all 5 in order to continue the quest and get to the final Fell Grimoire (sp?)

If you read or take any at all you can't complete the quest but it will stay in your journal as uncompleted. It won't give you the update to go hunt for the Grimoire.

I just ran into this yesterday, thought I'd be smart and sell them...forgetting about that little....problem.

Source: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Forbidden_Knowledge

If you're looking for the 2 attribute points, best to destroy them all then read the Fell Grimoire at the end and accept it's deal.