PDA

View Full Version : first game required?

boomdizzle 2
03-08-2011, 11:18 PM
storywise, is it required, or suggested to play the first game before hand?

artphobia
03-08-2011, 11:20 PM
I would suggest playing DA:O because DA:O is a great game, but it's not like Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 where you will be 100% lost if you don't.

FSparacino4
03-08-2011, 11:30 PM
I would say it isn't necessary because it is an entirely different story, but it takes place in the same world. If you skip DA: Origins you will only really be missing out on some back story.

Ethereal235
03-09-2011, 12:34 AM
So far, there are only a few places where the plots overlap. Some actions you took in DA:O are mentioned and some do have actual effects, but they seem like pretty distinct games.

So basically, no.

OceanH
03-09-2011, 01:45 AM
storywise, is it required, or suggested to play the first game before hand?

Suggested.

twhiting9275
03-09-2011, 08:06 PM
it is suggested that you complete the first game before attempting to start the second one, yes. It will just make your achievement progress easier!

tkhbecker
03-10-2011, 12:56 PM
storywise, is it required, or suggested to play the first game before hand?See Below...I would suggest playing DA:O because DA:O is a great game, but it's not like Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 where you will be 100% lost if you don't....
I would say it isn't necessary because it is an entirely different story, but it takes place in the same world. If you skip DA: Origins you will only really be missing out on some back story....Suggested....

What they said... and then some.
Why not play it just get a little bit of the back story from the past 10 years. Or just because it was voted GOTY for several different catagories..?