PDA

View Full Version : Think we could see more of games based on things

Mr Hey
06-24-2007, 05:40 AM
There are starting to be video games that aren't based on ideas made up by the developer, but instead adaptations of other things. One of the things Im talking about is comic books. Of course there's all the standard well known comic-based games like OMZGHFQ Spider-Man and Superman and Ultimate Alliance and Winnie the Pooh. I'm starting to think that some semi-unknown comics are going to made into games; a good example is the upcomming Darkness, which is making me horny thinking about it. There's obviously the stupid television, movie, and comic based games but there is potential for unpopular things to be discovered by developer people. And more well-known games that could be amazing. Like to see some games that aren't totally blood-spurting violence and shooting dude's heads off everywhere...some new ideas, even though I love shooting games...

Games based on liscensed things Id like to see:

1. Hellsing game
2. Ghost Rider (not based on the movie and not crap suckage on the PS2)
3. We're getting an alien game
4. A Dark Tower game
5. Music based games

Any games you'd wish would come out based on certain comics, books, movies or other things?

thecrazyguy
06-24-2007, 05:48 AM
Maybe i'm crazy, but I would like to see a game based on the discovery channel show Deadliest Catch. It might just be me, but I could see that working as a good game if done right.

Lefthanded
06-24-2007, 08:06 AM
I would like to see a survival game like you get lost in the rainforest and you have to survive and find a way out

Bluntman428
06-24-2007, 08:27 AM
I'd really, really like to see a faithful adaptation of Todd McFarlane' Spawn on the 360.

He's by far the coolest comic book character ever, and frankly most of the videogame adaptations have been terrible. :(

Zef
06-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Maybe i'm crazy, but I would like to see a game based on the discovery channel show Deadliest Catch. It might just be me, but I could see that working as a good game if done right.

Achievement Unlocked

Frozen your ass off looking for crab! 20 points

I'd like to see a game based on soil, maybe you play as a lonely nitrogen fixing bacteria determined to make your mark on the soil universe by removing as much atmospheric nitrogen as possible. Then on fateful day a farmer uses too much fertiliser which leaches into your humble bacteria village, killing your friends and family. Blind with rage you set out on an epic quest to avenge your fallen comrades by imforming the world of the disadvantages of crop monocultures. Or something.

Cold Rival
06-24-2007, 09:03 AM
I would like to see a survival game like you get lost in the rainforest and you have to survive and find a way out

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater for PS2 sounds like it fills that criteria. :)

Lefthanded
06-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater for PS2 sounds like it fills that criteria. :)

not like that no people no link to the outside world it`ll be an open world where you can go wherever you want whatever to survive

Wolf
06-24-2007, 03:11 PM
I really want to see an absolutely wide open game; like what Fable was supposed to be, and what Fable 2 won't be. I want to have an epic quest that I can go on at my leisure, I want to be able to run a town, I want to simulate real life, albeit in a fantasy world, etc. The problem is that no developer would ever really take a chance on a game like that because there really is no known audience because there hasn't been another game quite like it, developers won't risk the great money loss on something that could flop. Oh well, more FPS's for us.

Zef
06-24-2007, 03:56 PM
I really want to see an absolutely wide open game; like what Fable was supposed to be, and what Fable 2 won't be. I want to have an epic quest that I can go on at my leisure, I want to be able to run a town, I want to simulate real life, albeit in a fantasy world, etc. The problem is that no developer would ever really take a chance on a game like that because there really is no known audience because there hasn't been another game quite like it, developers won't risk the great money loss on something that could flop. Oh well, more FPS's for us.

Fable 2 =D You can't run a town per se, but apparently Pete wants there to be a business system where you can buy a stall to sell things, once you get more money you can buy a shop, then when you become Alan Sugar you can buy other businesses. There are even dogs! And children! YOUR CHILDREN!

Lionhead are probably the only development house that are more concerned with how good the game is rather than how much they will earn from it. But that leaves the problem of how long they can keep it up. Too many ambitious games and they either go bankrupt or get bought out and have to pump out more games to increase profits.

Mr Hey
06-24-2007, 04:06 PM
Ninja Warrior video game :eek:

Wolf
06-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Fable 2 =D You can't run a town per se, but apparently Pete wants there to be a business system where you can buy a stall to sell things, once you get more money you can buy a shop, then when you become Alan Sugar you can buy other businesses. There are even dogs! And children! YOUR CHILDREN!

Lionhead are probably the only development house that are more concerned with how good the game is rather than how much they will earn from it. But that leaves the problem of how long they can keep it up. Too many ambitious games and they either go bankrupt or get bought out and have to pump out more games to increase profits.The thing that separates you from me is that you actually believe a word that comes from Molyneux's mouth. He'll disappoint. Again.

Zef
06-24-2007, 05:00 PM
The only downside to Fable was the length and depth, and that was mostly because they didn't have the time. Now they are spending longer to make the game they say they will make rather than releasing a 'new' title every week.

If the game is overhyped then it will still have dogs in it, so not all is lost.

Stinkyf1re
06-24-2007, 05:30 PM
I see what you mean by this and i must agree that a game like this would kick ass. :)